Frederick Community College Employee Reviews

Exhausting work place to be a part of.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 26, 2018
During my time working here, I was talked down to by the management on a daily, working basis. While it was a good environment with coworkers, that was the only benefit of working for the Community College.
Great peopl all around
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 17, 2018
Very fast paced during peak months, nice work environment with amazing leaders. There is always something new to learn and questions are always encouraged. Its a tight knit community where one is not afraid to speak there mind.
INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 6, 2018
Good place, low stress, but limited opportunity for advancement. Pay lower than in the private industry, but commute less. They prefer to promote internally.
adjunct is adjunct
Adjunct Chemistry Professor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 13, 2018
The people make the place. The people I worked with were wonderful. The only drawback was the lack of benefits. nothing in the way of insurance, health, dental, vision, time off, anything in the way of subsidized childcare, despite the childcare facility being right there, on site. not a family friendly environment or very balanced for family. Great if you have no one depending on you in the way of time, or benefit or salary expectations as the salary is too low to live on.
Pros
People
Cons
benefits lacked in every way
Great for Student Employees
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work for a student assistant ranges from assisting fellow students and visitors, to tasks such as scanning, filing, and handling confidential paperwork.
It was a very laid back place to work with kind people, however it is difficult to move from a student position to a regular hourly employee, even if you receive great feedback during your employee evaluations.
Wonderful place to work
Adjunct Instructor Health Sciences (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 23, 2018
I enjoyworkig at FCC. As an Adjunct Instructor I am not entitled to any benefits; however the group of people I have worked with are wonderful. You will not find any micromanagement here. My immediate Supervisors have been very supportive to changes and improvements to classroom curriclum. They are always willing to help with any issues I need their advice in.
Pros
Workplace culture, Supervisors, Co-workers
Cons
Adjuncts are not entitled to any benefits.
School Student
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 29, 2018
I attended FCC for 4 years as a full time student and I was working towards my AA in psychology. It was a fast paced and stressful schedule but it was rewarding as well.
Long ago
Shipping, Receiving & Administrative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the bookstore. The director was a good man. I didn't care so much for some of the other ladies in the office. I always thought they had it out for me. Mostly because they kept complaining to the director about little things I did that they didn't like. I could never please them so I just ignored them and worked like I was suppose to.

Lost that job due to the government cut backs in 2010.
Pros
directer was a good leader
Cons
nitpicky co-workers
Wonderful, collegiate workplace that puts students first
Asst. Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 18, 2018
As nursing faculty I experienced a congenial, collaborative workplace environment. We had great flexibility and input in our schedule which is such a great faculty satisfied. Recognized as professionals we independently managed our courses within the course and program guidelines. We, as faculty, were encouraged to attend and participate in faculty development programs with the college providing an adequate reimbursement
Pros
Flexible schedule
Environment of Caring
Part Time Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MD 21702February 28, 2018
I have been very happy working with the Medical Assisting Program. I keep in contact with many students - so to learn about their success and how to build a stronger program moving forward.
Pros
Availability of Program Staff
Cons
No Benefits - p/t adjunct
good environment
Leader (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 15, 2018
one of my first jobs, employees were very nice and cooperative. made my job much easier. worked in shifts with other student employee. never had too much work to do
Recommend
Russian Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Each year, more than 16,000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland.

FCC offers affordable tuition, comprehensive courses, and convenient learning options for students of all ages. Our tuition and fees are about half of what they are at four-year public colleges in Maryland, and financial aid options help make learning more accessible for all students.

Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of all our community members.

Our flexible course schedules feature weekday, evening, and weekend courses available year-round. In addition, many FCC courses are available online as web-based alternatives.

FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics, and more to provide pathways to success for all types of students. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer today.
FCC is a nice place to work.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 29, 2018
FCC is overall a good place to start entry level and move up. Faculty and staff have a good partnership and collaboration. The student population is not very diverse as compared to MC.
Great learning facilities as student and employee.
Orientation Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 20, 2018
Working at Frederick Community College wasn't really a job that had many ups and downs. Mainly because I was a student employee and anything that proved challenging was certainly not something I would be able to address. Though lacking in difficulty or stress, a day in the office was always booming with eager, or mostly concerned parents and students. Information was key, and sometimes you had to be prepared to answer questions that a veteran faculty member would know. Being a part of the FCC team meant that you'd always be prepared, and there would always be someone willing to help.
Big college feel
Adjunct Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Big college atmosphere with wonderful employee relations within different departments. Support staff are fully available and involved with the college community.
Tutoring in a walk-in basis.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Nice to work with friends in similar majors. We could study during our down time and rarely felt overwhelmed with students. Teachers were always willing to help.
dont go there
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDNovember 16, 2017
not a good place to work. I have nothing good to say about the management at the facility and will not put the bad in the review. if you want to know talk to me.
good place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 20, 2017
constant work good benifits great people, no complaints about working here. stay busy learn alot if you are helping other trades.
not rushed on most things if you are normally ontop of everthing,
Business Management Lacking
Adjunct Faculty/Writing Center Staff (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 13, 2017
There has been a lot of difficulty in retaining qualified instructors as a result of the shake-up in senior administration, e.g., securing a new college president. This toxic environment is tricky to work in.
Great School!
Student,CNA/Geriatric Nursing Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 22, 2017
Frederick Community is a wonderful College to attend, I highly recommend it! I attended school here and really enjoyed it. My teachers were wonderful, the staff is very friendly and helpful!