Frederick County Public Schools
78Above average

Frederick County Public Schools Employee Reviews

United States65 reviews
FCPS strives to be on the cutting edge of education. Benefits are great! I learned a lot about assessing students on proficiency instead of accuracy. I also appreciated the effort to meet the needs of a diverse population of students. The hardest part of my job has been to go from playing a large role in designing instruction that engaged students and lead them to success to now being told to teach to the test and having to narrowly stay within the lane of that requirement.
I love working for FCPS! It allows me to work with the Latino community! They offer work stability and they have great benefits! Work environment is great!
Deceptive clicks working in management seeking to cover their backs through blaming staff beneath them for failures.
Top positions filled with staff that is incompetent and lacking educational experience for management of positions they are responsible for.
Would like more room for growth.
Enjoy working with staff and parents

Enjoy the hours and summer’s off

Enjoy working hard and learning new things

Proximity to home is excellent
Choose your hours and your location!
It's a great job working with in different schools and different ages. I enjoy working with challenging students the most and seeing them grow not only in their education but their mentality and maturity. I remember being a student myself and having a teacher go the extra mile to get me through. I love helping others to excel and succeed!
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great job for working w kids. Pay is extremely low- pay raises are done by step, not by merit and are always way under $1/hour. Under appreciated by most staff and admin . No chance for advancement.Snow days are a bonus if you are benefitted. If you’re not, then you don’t get paid. Expect to do a lot of jobs no one else wants to do. Gotta love the kids though, they make the job.
Good employer with good benefits. Excellent way to get to know people in your community. The benefits outweigh anything negative. You will work hard but the reward in the end is positive
They were picky about everything such two or three minutes punching in and/or out. How to clean this and that with certain people i mean dusting the floor every day and others would not dust their floor at all. Supervisory staff did not help only made the situations worst. No understanding or support only suspicious of employees trying to get over.
FCPS offers employees tuition reimbursement, professional growth, while promoting and valuing a positive and healthy work environment. My experiences at FCPS have allowed me to demonstrate and share my leadership abilities with others to improve classroom instruction, work climate, curriculum. I enjoy my work every day.
Administrators change regularly and the impact on daily profession is significant. However, as a district, there are many positives and some drawbacks which average out to a moderate rating.
The hardest part of my job was knowing that my salary would only increase by pennies each year no matter how long I would be in the position and that my increased responsibilities would not bring about any changes.
Subbing is a good job for stay at home parents or those who want flexibility in days and hours worked. I have had only positive experiences in each of the schools I have worked at. I would recommend this job.
This job assisted in my transitioning back into the work place from raising children. It did the job in helping me start working again from being a stay at home mom.
I loved working as a substitute teacher. There were always new challenges, memorable faces, and hard earned trust between myself and my students. It was incredible to work with such a diverse student population. I loved working for FCPS.
Everyone in FCPS food service works very hard everyday. They provide excellence customer service on a daily basis and are always striving for student happiness. They are not always appreciated for their hard work and dedication but this is a great place to work!!!
Fun workplace, filled with good people who care about you. Who care about your career and growth. People who care about your students as well. Very fun place to work.
Frederick County Public Schools is becoming better at understanding its policies and better at communicating its U.S. Government Education Agency policies that benefit all students, teachers and staff in order to create the best and nicest possible schools, workforce and workplace.
The support and training provided by my supervisor and the district was helpful and rewarding. The school, the leadership and the community was a great place the be.
My position with FCPS was very rewarding. I loved working with the students and my team.
There were always opportunities to enhance my learning of different skills and techniques to make the school day a success for both my students and I.
● Help implement lesson plans under licensed and accredited teachers
● Document behaviors and/or academic challenges

● Maintain safety of special education students and others in the classroom
I have enjoyed working at FCPS for the past 19 years. I have had great opportunities and advancements in my career. I am only looking for a job because I have reach retirement age and I’m looking for other opportunities for employment for the next 15-20 years.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frederick County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight