Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 16, 2019
Great workplace! Enjoyed work atmosphere and co-workers, also interacting with patients and visitors. Wonderful eight years of employment. Room for advancement in my department is my only complaint.
Pros
Lots of employee activities
Cons
Advancement opportunities within some departments
FMH was excellent place to work
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 16, 2019
I worked independent after being employed at FMH for 60 days. I was awarded with certificates of various accomplishments during my employment. My manager was very supportive and professional
Small Hospital
HITP HOME HEALTH NURSE (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 17, 2019
Good old boys at work here. If you weren't born in the hospital, and lived in the county your whole life, you won't get anywhere. Very small town mentality.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 11, 2019
I could not be happier about my experience at FMH. It has only been a year, but I enjoy the culture throughout the hospital and especially on the pediatric unit. I instantly felt like I was part of a family.
Pros
Teamwork
Enjoyable Work Place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 25, 2019
I was an unbenefited employee. I made my own schedule, around my personal schedule. You chose between 4,8, and 12 hour shifts. After your probationary period you get a raise and there is also shift differential.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 26, 2019
I enjoyed working at FMH. The benefits are good and my pay was excellent. They have class reembursment and a good retirement plan. FMH is a good company to work for.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Decent Place
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 23, 2019
Hospital work is hard. Some in management have the tendency to try and help some with their work life balance, but wind up hurting the people who don't complain.

All in all though it's a good place.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Short Breaks, Favoritism
Not good at all
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 30, 2019
Find somewhere else to work. Everything about here will give you so much headache. Management do not care about you at all. They pay you very poorly and you are going to do so much care.
Pros
N/a
energetic multi tasking
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 23, 2019
you never no what your day will consist of you can be working with someone who just had surgery or someone that needed one on one supervision.i learned different skills then in a nursing home such as ekg's and removing iv's i also learned to be flexible in my role as a nursing assistant. management was great and implemented a program "making a difference"where as if someone saw you going that extra mile they would write about it and you would get an incentive.the most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to be versatile within my scope of practice the hardest part of my job was the pay scale.
Pros
in house job opportunities
Cons
pay scale
volatile
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 23, 2019
Horrible place to work dont listen to the fake reviews on this site they dont consider the work you do for the compensation they base it on market value which is a big joke they paid me 12.53 with experience only good thing about it is your coworkers
Pros
co workers
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 13, 2019
I have loves working at FMH. Great training opportunities and annual competencies to keep you up to speed. I have always felt backed up by leadership while working here.
Cons
short breaks, staffing
Poor work environment
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 8, 2019
The turnover rate was extremely high, and morale was extremely low. Interpretation of the Hospital guidelines was based on politics, rather than right or wrong, and varied greatly based on who had done what. Individuals with little or no practical experience, were placed in positions of authority once again, based on politics, rather than ability.
Pros
You did earn PTO time fairly quickly, and the health benefits were quite good and reasonably priced.
Cons
Workman's Comp process and department were abysmal to deal with.
Odorous OR Culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 4, 2019
The OR staff is incredibly divided into Surg Techs/First Assists vs. RN's. This may in part be to the organizations large disparity in career advancement for non RN staff. However, the OR culture is depressing, unsupportive, and sometime downright awful. It's a horrible environment to work full-time. It may be palatable part-time. Although, the organizations pay scale and requirements for RN advancement are grossly disconnected. Too much work for too little compensation, in comparison to any other medical facility south of it's main location. The administration refuses to see their competition, only comparing their pay grades to known low paying facilities. If it's not too far, don't waist your time. Just go to any of the 4 other hospitals along 270!
Pros
It's close if you live in Frederick
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Culture, Lack of Advancement, Administration, the list goes on and on
Good experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 14, 2018
FMH is a nice place to work. Anywhere in the hospital, you have the opportunity to learn so much. If you have a nitch for anything medical, this is your place, obviously.
Pros
Fun, nice co-workers, room for advancement
Cons
weren't willing to work with conflicts of working hours
Phlebotomist 2/Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 26, 2018
Nice company with good benefits. Compensation low. The management team and supervision is well oriented and put together.
Hardest part of the job is the low compensation, but very flexible with scheduling
A typical day
OR Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD 21701October 25, 2018
I never wanted to leave FMH; i was working my clinical hours, my manager at the time would not work with me as far as working my time or possibly going part time for the weeks needed; so i transferred to another department that was willing to do that for me. Which i greatly appreciated. This manager also let me work at Leidos in the mornings for 2 hours then at Orthopedics; and then i would go to the hospital for clinical. Once done my clinical hours, i had the amount of experience needed for a Phlebotomist position at FMH, and i could not get hired on. Have tried for 3 years since then. I honestly don't think my application and resume is even being reviewed. I had much experience in many departments at the hospital and feel i would be an asset back with FMH. Looking outside the box again. I am a good Phlebotomist.
Pros
I am a good Phlebotomist, organized and always have my patients safety first.
Cons
Human Resource communication
very nice coworkers
Morrison Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 17, 2018
FMH had a great work environment. Loved the doctors and nurses I worked with. Overall wanted more challenging patients. FMH was expanding when I left so feel that it's a different place today.
Exciting , challenging and great environment.
EHS Assistant - Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 14, 2018
Diverse culture and positive , uplifting staff ; I love being an employee@FMH. The staff @ FMH are very caring , efficient and professional ; FMH is a healthcare facility that is continually growing to meet the needs of the community.
Busy, fast paced
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 12, 2018
This hospital serves the Frederick County community. The population in Frederick is still growing which means the hospital is constantly changing and expanding.
Overall rating of FMH is high with great benefits, job security and friendly environment.
Employee Health Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work. Advancement opportunities. Wellness programs. On site CNP for employee illnesses, etc.
Employment from clinical RN to Nurse Manager. Enjoyed interaction with all employees to assure compliance with government agencies and hospital policies. Worked closely with Human Resources and all department managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH). Our community is ready to answer.

Frederick Memorial Healthcare System (FMH) Reviews by Location