Frederick Ward Associates Employee Reviews

One Big Family
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 13, 2018
Its like one big family, the setup in the office is very collaborative. All the engineers, architects and surveyors are on an open floor plan making it easy for all departments to collaborate.
Benefits and yearly bonuses are by far better than other firms I have worked for.
Productive and fun place to work
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 13, 2018
Frederick Ward is a great place to work. My boss truly cares about his employees. He gives us the opportunity for advancement and is a great teacher. I also love the fact that we are given tuition reimbursement so that I can further my education as well.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, profit sharing, 401k
Productive and satisfying work environment with great work/life balance.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 25, 2017
Frederick Ward Associates is a multi-faceted engineering, architectural and planning company that emphasizes quality work and strong personal relationships inside and outside of the office. FWA promotes innovation and growth to empower the staff to learn within a supportive environment while also maintaining a healthy work-life balance. When you join Frederick Ward Associates, you join a team pulling in the same direction that thrives on communication and responsibility. Located in beautiful Bel Air, Maryland, FWA is growing and continuously expanding the client base to serve the local community. The dedication to better the community is easy when the client is your neighbor. It is a pleasure to work for a company such as FWA because it is a company that will work for you.
New Management, Great Company to Work For
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 19, 2017
I am currently employed at Frederick Ward Associates. I have worked at various different companies and this company truly cares about its employees. The owners really give back to us and make us feel like a family. FWA offers a lot of flexibility which is HUGE for me! I really feel like this is one of the best companies that I have worked for.
Pros
benefits, flexibility, advancement
Cons
Productive Atmosphere Complete with Friendly Faces
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 27, 2017
I have worked with FWA for over a year now, and the experience has been nothing short of excellent and rewarding. The management is concise and clear with instruction and they are always willing to help when needed. All staff members work together to move towards common goals that blend into an overall cohesive work environment which I love. We have continued education classes weekly (in-house with free lunches to boot!) that help us learn more about our developing industry. Major plus for me is that it's conveniently located on Main Street so there is plenty to do with my hour lunch break, including exploring the town. If you're looking for a place to work where you can grow as an employee, look no further.
Pros
Free Parking, Convenient Location, Friendly Staff, Great Management, Able to Grow and Learn
Poor Leadership / Still in business due to cronyism
Engineer (Former Employee) –  bel air, mdJanuary 27, 2013
Leadership will grind you up and spit you out. Stay away from this place of emplyment. Not worth your time.
DO NOT under any circumstances work here
Worker (Former Employee)July 21, 2011
Just go somewhere else. You will be treated worse than dirt. If you have any self respect you will not even look into it. Way behind the times in all aspects of technology, management, understanding how to keep employees, respect and common courtesy.
Cons
bad management, negative work atmosphere, discrimination, no respect for others, unfair pay, friday am staff meetings before start time, mold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frederick Ward Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Frederick Ward Associates Reviews by Location