FREEBIRD Stores, Inc.

FREEBIRD Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States16 reviews
Freebird is a dream come true.
Freebird is a rapidly growing private company with a culture unlike any other... your ideas, life outside of work, and future truly matter to the CEO, VP and upper management. Everyone I have met here is talented, passionate and supportive. This is the first job I've had that doesn't feel like "work", every single day is so different and fun! One of the most exciting elements to me about Freebird, is that you have the ability to create your own future. They honor, support and award hard work, creativity and commitment. If you are willing to put in the work, they will do everything they can to help you carve the path to the future you want, even if that isn't with Freebird.

Compensation is competitive. Schedule flexibility and hours are more than fair, I came from a 60-65hour work week with the same pay, and now average 40-45hours/per week. This is retail, so if you work store side, expect to work weekends & holidays (they are the most fun days anyways!). Benefits are provided. And lastly I cannot express this enough... SUPPORT, FAMILY and CULTURE. This company makes you feel like it is okay to fail, because they will help you learn from your mistakes and lead to you to success. I have never felt more supported not only in my work life, but my personal life, they truly care about every person that works here. I have found my forever career with this company. If you are looking for a career, a place to get creative, people to call family, and a place to prove to yourself what a badass you can be, this place is for you.
Pros
Store side: flexible hours, generous base with commision opportunity, discounts, bonus potential, great atmosphere
Amazing product and vision, however not enough care for personnelle
Super amazing product! The executive management is not the best at making the right decisions for the health of their employees. They tend to overwork people and underpay them. If the company could get ahold of talent management, they would be fun to work for! The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about sales and talent development; the hardest part of the job is working day in and day out with little time off. The girls are fun and fashionable! I learned a lot with this company.
Fun atmosphere, room for growth!
Working for a new and growing brand like Freebird is a ton a fun! There are always challenges like any newer company, but working here I have been able to have an influence and feel the successes of the business. This is a brand that really believes in their brick and mortar locations and will always focus on their people that are working there! My favorite part of my job is by far the people I work with and the customer's who shop us. I started as a part time Stylist and have worked my way up into Management. If you are a hard worker and want a Fashion brand you can grow with, this is your spot!
Pros
Growth opportunity, environment, fun culture
LOVE my job at Freebird!!!
Every since I started working at Freebird I have been SO happy! The company is full of caring, supportive individuals, who all truly have a passion for the brand. I have never felt more supported and encouraged at any other job. I am excited to come to work each day and love that I get to express myself through fashion, while rocking my Freebird boots every day! The discount is super generous for employees and we have great benefits! The home office is beautiful! I am from NY and I didn’t know that a true fashion office existed in CO until I entered the Freebird office! It is a dream come true for me! We are constantly working with other departments within the home office, and at the stores in CO (and sometimes we get to travel to our stores in Utah, and Nevada)! We run store events which is really fun to be a part of! We love our customers and are constantly receiving the sweetest phone calls and emails from them :) Our CEO is really wonderful! He truly cares for all of his employees and has valued all of our opinions from day one. It means SO much to be valued. I feel so lucky to be a part of this awesome, rapidly growing company! I can honestly say that I don’t have one bad thing to say about this company. I aspire to be a part of the Freebird Flock for life!
Pros
Stocked kitchen, happy/beautiful atmosphere, caring/supportive co-workers, great benefits
unfriendly, manipulative atmosphere
I was very excited to be apart of this Freebird team until I realized what I had gotten myself into. After the two week training process sales associates are only paid about $5 an hour, and the rest is commission. On busy days, when there is opportunity to make a lot of money, the manager will only put the girls on the floor who have been there for a long time. If you have been there for a year or less you can guarantee that you will be in the back organizing shoe boxes only making that $5 an hour. If management feels like they have too many girls working they will send you on "shopping trips".. STILL making that $5 an hour you will walk around the mall carrying four or five Freebird bags to "brand" them. They had me and one other girl do this on several occasions for about two hours every other shift. Bottom line, if the manager doesnt like you or you are new you dont have any place in this business. Everything is based off of your relationship with the manager. They play favorites. After six months of this I was fired because "It wasnt working out" and they could not give me a specific reason for my termination.

Risky business is all I'm sayin.
Pros
Good pay if you are allowed to work
Cons
Awful management and atmosphere
I love the people I work with
I love Freebird for the amazing people I get to work with and the fun culture they have created. It is a fast growing company and it is very motivating to be an important part of this growing business. I am regularly inspired by my peers and leaders to make a difference every day!
Pros
Shoe discounts!
Cons
Fast growth comes with challenging opportunities
Productive, Exciting, and Rewarding
Everyone is dedicated to their work and try to improve the company in any way they can. The culture of the company really reflects that dedication and the managers/owner do not take that for granted. The warehouse and shipping departments work hard, especially during the holidays and a lot of time is spent on quality assurance. It is rewarding to see the results of what your team does and be a part of the growth. Overall, I think Freebird is a great place to work especially if being part of a fast-paced and growing company is exciting to you.
Pros
Compensation, Culture, Company Events, Co-Workers, Growth
Cons
Denver Traffic
Exciting environment
Small company feel that promotes team bonding and internal growth yet far exceeds other small companies in job perks and salary. Surrounded daily by hard working, positive, driven individuals definitely makes this the most exciting environment that I’ve ever worked in.
Pros
Positive work space, company discount
Cons
Busy holidays
Worst place I have ever worked
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. There is no communication between higher management and their employees. The owner is the most manipulative, misogynistic, sociopath that I have ever met. They over work you and do not compensate you for your time. There is no paid leave and no one takes lunches because it is "unspokenly" frowned upon. It is practically a revolving door for people that are employed here. They are either fired or have to leave due to the poor working conditions and horrible management. The only thing I enjoyed about working at the Corporate FREEBIRD office was the discount. Don't waste your time with this company!
Poor Management
Poor management and the e-commerce department managers didn't have good communication skills with the workers or each other and they also used intimidation as a way to make the workers work. It's very high school like here at freebird. They are lacking a lot of skills and organization and will be the reason they are going to lose a lot of good workers who some already left and some who will be leaving. The only good thing about this job was the pay and the awesome co-workers.
Pros
Pay and co-workers
Do not work here
First off, all the other reviews I see here seem to be for the headquarters in Denver. My point of view is as a stock person for one of their retail locations, and I have to warn you, DO NOT WORK HERE. Freebird definitely puts its best foot forwards. It's a trendy little place, and the pay isn't bad at all. But you will quickly learn that none of the higher ups view you as anything more than cattle to make them money.

Literally every decision is their way or nothing. Every suggestion I had to make things in the back of the store run more smoothly, or to make my job easier, was immediately disregarded without any consideration. Truthfully, if you're one of their sales people, they pay a little more attention to you since you're the money makers. But there were several times an executive from the headquarters came to our location and completely ignored me. And none of Freebird's retail locations are very big, so you really have to go out of your way to ignore someone.

And lastly, I was fired because I finally let it be known to my manager that I don't feel like any of the higher ups care about me at all. So they got rid of me the very next day I was scheduled, which happened to be Christmas Eve. Yes, they fired me on Christmas Eve without a second thought because I aired some grievances. I worked at 2 separate fast food places when I was younger, and Freebird is still the most demeaning place I've ever worked at.

And if that doesn't warn you that you should stay away from Freebird at all costs, I don't know what will.
Pros
$15/hr. starting pay
Cons
Literally everything else.
I love my job
Freebird is great! I work in the warehouse and things can get crazy busy, but the people are all supportive and can carry their own weight. There's a lot of new people because of a lot of growth. But everyone seems to be aimed towards working hard. I also greatly appreciate that no one, at least in my department, complains about their work. I respect individuals that don't complain, they just kick butt.
Productive environment and positive people
Very fast growing company with wonderful people! There are a lot changes being made but it's great to be apart of a company that's taking off. My favorite part about working here is that everyone has a such positive attitude. The office is fun and casual but high energy and productive at the same time.
Pros
The people, the location, and the shoes!
Fun Atmosphere meaning serious business
Quickly growing company. Incredibly fun atmosphere. Everybody is a go-getter. Sometimes you can have a couple of angry customers, but easy to overcome!
Pros
Free snacks!
Fun and productive working environment!
I have worked for FREEBIRD for 4 months and really enjoyed it. The culture is relaxed, yet gets things done. Everyone is kind and productive, and always willing to help you out! It is expected you work hard, but have fun doing it. It is a very fast paced company that is growing quickly. I expect growth here will continue as the brand gains traction! The interview process is smooth and easy! All I would do is be prepared to have them make an offer, just incase! I recommend working here to my friends regularly. Plus yay- SHOES!
Pros
Snacks, Culture, Employee Discount
Growing Company
Fashion companies in Colorado are rare, which makes Freebird so special. I have seen so much growth in this company in the last 6 months. This is the time to join- it is taking OFF!

The best part of working at this company is the people we work with! I enjoy coming to work everyday because of these people and they inspire me to work harder. And the shoes are amazing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREEBIRD Stores, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
FREEBIRD Stores, Inc. Reviews by Location