FREEBIRD Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Management
E-commerce department (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2018
Poor management and the e-commerce department managers didn't have good communication skills with the workers or each other and they also used intimidation as a way to make the workers work. It's very high school like here at freebird. They are lacking a lot of skills and organization and will be the reason they are going to lose a lot of good workers who some already left and some who will be leaving. The only good thing about this job was the pay and the awesome co-workers.
Pros
Pay and co-workers
Cons
Do not work here
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 24, 2018
First off, all the other reviews I see here seem to be for the headquarters in Denver. My point of view is as a stock person for one of their retail locations, and I have to warn you, DO NOT WORK HERE. Freebird definitely puts its best foot forwards. It's a trendy little place, and the pay isn't bad at all. But you will quickly learn that none of the higher ups view you as anything more than cattle to make them money.

Literally every decision is their way or nothing. Every suggestion I had to make things in the back of the store run more smoothly, or to make my job easier, was immediately disregarded without any consideration. Truthfully, if you're one of their sales people, they pay a little more attention to you since you're the money makers. But there were several times an executive from the headquarters came to our location and completely ignored me. And none of Freebird's retail locations are very big, so you really have to go out of your way to ignore someone.

And lastly, I was fired because I finally let it be known to my manager that I don't feel like any of the higher ups care about me at all. So they got rid of me the very next day I was scheduled, which happened to be Christmas Eve. Yes, they fired me on Christmas Eve without a second thought because I aired some grievances. I worked at 2 separate fast food places when I was younger, and Freebird is still the most demeaning place I've ever worked at.

And if that doesn't warn you that you should stay away from Freebird at all costs, I don't know what will.
Pros
$15/hr. starting pay
Cons
Literally everything else.
Productive environment and positive people
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2018
Very fast growing company with wonderful people! There are a lot changes being made but it's great to be apart of a company that's taking off. My favorite part about working here is that everyone has a such positive attitude. The office is fun and casual but high energy and productive at the same time.
Pros
The people, the location, and the shoes!
Fun Atmosphere meaning serious business
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2018
Quickly growing company. Incredibly fun atmosphere. Everybody is a go-getter. Sometimes you can have a couple of angry customers, but easy to overcome!
Pros
Free snacks!
Fun and productive working environment!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
I have worked for FREEBIRD for 4 months and really enjoyed it. The culture is relaxed, yet gets things done. Everyone is kind and productive, and always willing to help you out! It is expected you work hard, but have fun doing it. It is a very fast paced company that is growing quickly. I expect growth here will continue as the brand gains traction! The interview process is smooth and easy! All I would do is be prepared to have them make an offer, just incase! I recommend working here to my friends regularly. Plus yay- SHOES!
Pros
Snacks, Culture, Employee Discount
Growing Company
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
Fashion companies in Colorado are rare, which makes Freebird so special. I have seen so much growth in this company in the last 6 months. This is the time to join- it is taking OFF!

The best part of working at this company is the people we work with! I enjoy coming to work everyday because of these people and they inspire me to work harder. And the shoes are amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREEBIRD Stores, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

FREEBIRD Stores, Inc. Reviews by Location