Freed-Hardeman University Employee Reviews

Great environment
Student Worker/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNFebruary 7, 2018
Managers are understanding. People don't always agree, but they come to an understanding. People can discuss opinions in a civil manner. I personally didn't get enough hours, but that came with the type of job I had.
Good school with some great people working there. Pay and benefits are not very good.
Head Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNFebruary 5, 2018
Christian based college, with strict rules and guidelines. Some great people and teachers there. They create an environment were students can openly practice their religion and study the bible while getting a degree.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Low pay and few benefits
Summary
Student Worker-Secretary (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNFebruary 1, 2018
I was a student worker. I answered phone calls and transferred them to the correct department. I filed papers and assisted the secretary with anything she needed.
Love fhu
Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNJanuary 13, 2018
Freed Hardeman University is the best school on earth. Everyone should go there. The fact that I am a tutor does not affect my opinion of the school.
great atmosphere
Admission Tele-counselor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNMay 31, 2017
It was a work study job, and I did enjoy it, and the people around me was great. The hours that I worked was not a lot which was great because I could still get homework done and hang out with friends.
The work place was fun
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNMay 29, 2017
A typical day of work, was check the ID of the students, be sure the equipment was correctly clean and in the correct place. Be alert while the students were doing exercisers.
It was very productive and helpful
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNMay 24, 2017
A typical day at work was checking ID and making sure that the right persons were using the facilities. This job help me how to communicate with people, offering a good service. The hardest part of was to avoid risk injury since there were many people trying to lift heavy weight by them on without asking for help.
Pros
Free time
Great Place to go to School
NAIA Scholar Athlete (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNMarch 21, 2017
I loved every minute of my time at Freed Hardeman. I loved playing baseball there and getting to spend time making new friends. The road trips were always so much fun to being around the guys and just knowing how much fun you were having.
Great place to work. Good People
To VP (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TN 38340January 27, 2017
Good atmosphere to work Enjoy working with students. Always activites to attend......... Basketball, soceer, plays etc. Have a lot of holidays :) Spring break, fall break and long Christmas break
Pros
Great People
Cons
Some days just aren't long enough to get work done
Fun and relaxed
Circulation Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNApril 12, 2016
I would shelve books, help costumers who needed help, and work the circulation desk. I love working at the library at Freed-Hardeman University.
Administrative Assistant - Nursing Department
Administrative Assistant - Department of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNApril 11, 2016
It is a great working environment. The Faculty are wonderful and easy to work with. The job included general secretarial work such as filing, working with computers, working with Faculty and students, and maintaining general office organization.
Great place to learn on the job experience as a student
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJanuary 28, 2016
The radio station was a place where I could develop my skills while earning credit for my degree. They gave me freedom to create my own sports talk show as well as commentating basketball games.
A great Christian Environment
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNOctober 1, 2015
Everyone is very helpful when you first start on where everything is. The environment is the best I have ever worked in. I loved my co-workers and how everyone worked as a team
An incredible learning experience
Student Assistant to the Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJuly 21, 2015
This job was a part of my financial aid, it coincided perfectly with my major, I was able to put all the things I had learned in the classroom into practice.There was no such thing as a typical day, everyday was different depending on injuries that occurred, game days, practice schedules, etc. I was blessed to be surrounded by a great boss, friendly co-workers and many other people who wanted to help me succeed. The hardest part of the job was not always knowing if or when I would be working that day (hours changed depending on the athletic team's practices and games), the uncertainty and inconsistency was an adjustment.The most enjoyable part of the job were the game days, where I got to see the athletes put their great talent and hard work to use and knowing that I had helped them get there. I loved interacting with the athletes, and the people I worked for and with, it was a fun place to work and a very rewarding experience.
Pros
I throughly enjoyed this job
Cons
No set/dependable schedule
Pleasant place to work
Circulation Desk (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNMay 25, 2015
A typical day consisted of helping customers with whatever they needed. I learned how to operate different types of machinery and electronics. The management was very good. I didn't really see many of my co-workers, but those that I did encounter were pleasant to be around. The hardest part of the job was shelf-reading. The most enjoyable part of the job was checking out books.
Pros
lunch break, reading books, checking out books
Cons
long time on feet, shelving books
Great place with books I could enjoy while on the job.
Phonathon Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJanuary 16, 2015
They were random hours, but I mostly worked during the afternoon. I would do many tasks including moving shelves and books, open and close the library, help students study, check out and organize books, recycle books, decorate and plan for events. I learned the true meaning of being organized and knowing how to handle situations without getting stressed. The management was good, they were very thorough about what jobs needed to be done and if you were working. I usually worked alone, but whenever co-workers came in, we worked well together and we got a lot of tasks done before our hours were done. The hardest part of my job was making sure that the books were in place and no one would mess them up whenever you left. The most enjoyable part of my work was getting to plan most of the events and decorating or cooking for those events. I also enjoyed that I was able to get coffee when I needed it.
Pros
Free snacks, coffee on hand, reliable workflow
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive and beneficial
Security (Former Employee) –  Henderson,TnJuly 3, 2014
• Patrol traffic during events on campus
• Screen security cameras for un-ruling behavior
• 15 hours per week
Good environment with great people, but not well managed.
Graphic Designer and Photographer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNJune 5, 2014
My day usually included design work and possibly photographing an event or setting up a photo shoot. My design work expanded incredibly, but the management could have been better.
Relaxed and casual workplace
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNJune 1, 2014
Working as a telemarketer taught me social skills, telephone communication skills, and customer service techniques. I learned to communicate different ideas to varying types of people via telecommunication. This job taught me self-control by practicing keeping my opinion to myself while talking over the phone with difficult callers. This job also taught me how to be more persuasive in my communication skills and getting my point across quickly while maintaining rapport with callers.
Productive workplace
Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TNNovember 28, 2013
I have learned that there is so much satisfaction in completing the task. So focusing on what you are doing and staying determined is a huge thing. But also you need your co- workers to achieve tasks.

The hardest part was working under intense heat conditions, but it also tested the character and attitude you had.
Pros
you can take breaks when needed.
Cons
working in the heat.