Freedom Boat Club Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time nobody will ever actually make contact with you.
Applicant (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2018
Just my opinion. This company has a huge communication problem. People seem to be too busy to call you on the telephone or call you back. There never is a straight answer and someone is always passing the buck. I can only speak from my experience in Englewood Florida and dealing with top administrators. Imagine if this company treats applicants this way, what do you think their customer service is like when you need a boat. Just my opinion of what I have been through. Nightmare. Go elsewhere.
sunny
Front Desk Customer Service, & Boat Jockey (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLAugust 2, 2018
It is a job the attracts a lot of sunlight so bring sun screen, it has good perks like becoming a member for a low cost and having access to the boats also you work on the water with boats beautiful environments but the pay isn't the greatest
Stressful and long days
Dock Hand (Current Employee) –  Little River, SCJune 24, 2018
You work long hot days and do not have much of a break. Expected to do a lot and be able to work almost 12 hours in the sun. Can be frustrating and unneeded stress sometimes.
It was a friendly but not very awarding job
N McClurg Ct - Dock Hand (Current Employee) –  DeckhandJune 20, 2018
It was a friendly but not very warding yeah it was not worth the time and effort was not paid enough that people were friendly and nice and I would not consider working there again
great members to work for
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2018
the overall experience was great. not enough attention to maintain. you are on your own on problem solving. can be stressful when boats are over booked .
Freedom Boat Club - Marine Max, Venice
Dockmaster (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMarch 28, 2018
I enjoyed working with Freedom Boat Club in Venice because of the satisfaction and compliments I received from the members on a daily basis. It was nice to hear that the members were inquiring about me on my days off. I also enjoyed the positive feedback from the members about my service.
Pros
Atmosphere, positive feedback from members
Cons
low hours some weeks
Great work atmosphere
Dock Master (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYMarch 20, 2018
Freedom boat club is a relaxed work atmosphere and i looked forward to working there every day. The growth and appreciation i received is great. It enabled me how to deal with customers and how to enjoy the job i have.
Pros
Paid lunch break, great management
great place
Dock Manager (Former Employee) –  BostonMarch 12, 2018
awesome place to work, best 3 years! The management is great and members are a joy to work with. Good compensation and flexible with hours and vacation.
Great atmosphere and well maintained
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Loved the job from beginning to end. Overall was a great experience for me, the clients are very welcoming and as well as the company. Job is fitted for students or retirees, there is minimal room for advancement as well as no benefits.
Pros
positive atmosphere, on the water
Cons
no benefits, minimal room for advancment
Seasonal work very long days in summer. Great place to be if you love being on the water. Docking and fueling various types of boats. Some minor repai
Dock Master (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 14, 2017
Seasonal work, very long days in the summer. Great place to be if you love the water.Docking and fueling various types of boats. some minor repair work, lots of boat cleaning.
Pros
outdoor work in the summer, very good work enviroment.
Cons
long days, where start and end of day were busy, middle quite.

Want to know more about Freedom Boat Club?

Ask a question
relaxed
deck hand (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 5, 2017
we had loads of fun working here. the staff is fun and outgoing and the job itself is outgoing and fun. i would recommend this job to anyone that loves fishing and having a good time.
Great environment to work in
Dock Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 19, 2017
If you enjoy working outdoors, being around boats and the water this is the perfect job. They have a great facility and many convenient locations throughout the U.S.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
long days in the sun
Poor business practices
Marine Service Technicion (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 19, 2017
Nothing good to say so I'm not saying.
I can't make the minimum characters because Not having anything good to say is just that.
There is no reason to air dirty laundry here.
Pros
Cons
everything
Love this place
Social Media Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJuly 3, 2017
Great company to work for! Love the people and got to travel. I love boats! I learned a lot from this company and I'd love to go back to this company if I could.
Pros
Lunches, Learning, Boats
marine mechanic
Marine Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 6, 2017
great place to work for someone looking for part time work to gain experiance. compensation is not that great but hey you get to be paid to drive boats all day so who am i to complain.
Great people to work with and great benefits
Water Sport Captain (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 21, 2017
Highly recommended to anyone who would like to work on the water. Must enjoy talking with people and being out in the sun. Smooth operation and welcoming employees.
Great company depending on the which franchise you work for.
Membership Executive (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLAugust 11, 2016
I rarely came to work with less than a big smile on my face. Working in this industry near to my heart was both challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Ability to manage your own time
Cons
Lack of commitment towards corporate mission at franchise level
Fun place to work gained lots of boating experience.
Class Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Typical day started at 8:00 am, I began my ritual of driving boats to the fuel dock where I fueled each boat to the top. As a Boat handler, I made sure boats were clean, fueled and working properly. Each boat had a checklist that was cleared before a boat was to leave the marina, in which i made sure all safety gear was accessible. This often was difficult as the club had 65 vessels ranging from 17-60 feet. I learned how to operate each vessel, as well taught orientations whenever the captains were short handed. The people were great to work with and it was always a great day to work at New Port Cove Marina. Mostly, gaining experience with boats was the ultimate success, I know have a better understanding for boat mechanics and how to operate vessels on the water. The hardest part of the job was the constant repairs that each boat needed, being clever and thinking outside the box allowed me to quickly fix problems and get the customer out on the water.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Paid Lunch, Good Tips
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and Fun work place
General Manager & Membership Executive (Former Employee) –  Catawba, Sandusky and Rocky River, OHSeptember 24, 2015
No two days are alike at Freedom Boat Club. The hardest part of the job was wearing all the different hats in the company at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was training employees and new boaters how to safely operate and care for boats. I learned how to operate a Boat Club with growing fleet of 14 boats and 120 members. I was part of the management team and enjoyed making adjustments to the operations which improved the efficiency of the company.
Pros
Was able to enjoy some boating
Cons
Company struggles to get out of start up phase
Well run company
East Dennis, MA-Membership Executive, Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dennis, MAJune 16, 2015
A great company to work for. Schedule always accurate.
If everyone did their job during their shift the job ran seamlessly.
Being on the water every day was a treat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Boat Club. Our community is ready to answer.