FREEDOM GRAPHIC SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Freedom
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIJuly 11, 2019
Low pay and below average management! Mandatory overtime on Saturdays, even if presses were not up and running a number of times over all three shifts.
We are taking over the direct mail market.
Printing Pressman (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 25, 2019
FGS is one of the only printing companies that actually grew in recent years, all thanks to the new management which is destined to make FGS an even bigger competitor in the industry. I feel lucky I joined nine years ago and today I am seeing the hard work and labor come to fruition.
Pros
Fast growing
Cons
First shift is not an option.
Support Gun Violence? So Does Freedom!
Office (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIFebruary 16, 2019
I worked at Freedom for 5+ yrs. before experiencing 1st hand how little concern they have for their employee's safety. This past year I had to work w/an angry employee who repeatedly expressed their desire to bring a gun to work & shoot other employees. My boss was aware of it & chose to turn a blind eye to it so I went to the CFO & HR Dept. instead. The employee was talked to & the violent behavior ceased for a few months but then started up again which prompted my decision to quit. Management knew it was happening again & did nothing about it. As far as I know, the employee still works there & is a ticking time bomb. No one is safe. If & when they explode, don't say I didn't warn you.
Don't care about employees
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 21, 2018
Not a good place to work. Compensation is low. They promise you better pay,but when you sign on you are stuck with what they give you. Average raise is 20 cents. Machines are 20 years old and are always breaking down. You go in not knowing how long you will be working that day. I once worked 4 weeks 12 hours without a day off. Scheduling is bad. All they do is throw hours at the work. They don't think about employees and there families.
Pros
Cons
Little pay, hours to long.
Statically able to ruin you
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIJune 13, 2018
Called me and said they didn't like me because I showed up six days in a row not the place for me i need something more stable with the hours they were giving and the machine going down all the time I thought they would be more flexible with the talent
Pros
Buses
Cons
Long nights
terrible place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIApril 9, 2018
The new VP of Operations along with the owners son look down on employees as they are beneath them. Employees are promised raises when the average raise is around 25 cents an hour.

They are always about the mindset profit over people instead of people over profit...and it shows
Pros
Cons
most everything
This place is the reason for unions.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, WINovember 6, 2017
I wouldn't send my worst enemy here.
It's stressful, communication barriers galore, multiple supervisors.
I found they tend to get you in through the door about promises of raises and various advancement opportunities.
There very few raises. They give you a song and dance about what someone COULD make, not what they actually do.
They are only concerned about quantity and bottom dollar. '
There is no upkeep on the machines.
They are antiquated. Ran 24 hours a day.
Any problems with it and you're told you don't work hard enough and are too picky and lazy.
There is more and more work added on to you and when you complain, you are told, "I've seen your job; you don't do much."
I've never seen more people high, stoned, or drunk. That makes for a lovely atmosphere.
They take people and use them until nothing is left.
The managers will literally lie to you to your face. About work, about pay, about overtime. You name it.
There are the "golden people" who seem to advance or make it terrible for the rest. They stay. Usually it's because somewhere, some place, they are related.
No, I wouldn't recommend ANY ONE go here.
Pros
Double time and 2 weeks vacation, when you can use it
Cons
Lie to get you to agree, put more work on you. Use you
No Comment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIOctober 25, 2017
No Comment - I would prefer not to comment. There are some great people that work really hard. The direct mail industry does not allow real high pay, so wages are low.
Hardest Part of the Job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIAugust 30, 2017
Working overnight, didn't get much sleep; having to work with some operators that weren't so nice sometimes. For example, if a machine breaks, they end up yelling about how the machine broke and end up getting upset.
Pros
Work was really easy
Cons
One break (30 minutes)
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 29, 2017
This was a great learning experience for me. I worked closely with employees and management, and was successful in decreasing employee turnover and addressing employee morale issues
muy bueno
Empacadora (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 14, 2017
ambiente muy bueno. empleados con compaƱerismo la trata muy buena muy flexibles
Best Company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 26, 2017
Great environment to work at, it was the best job I have ever worked at. I would definitely work here again if I had the opportunity to work there again.
Production line
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 22, 2017
Making sure the production get out,making sure the address codes is correct,making sure the line stay running,checking for wrong mail,making sure the area is clean and so...on....etc.....
easy
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIApril 11, 2017
you would get machine ready for the night and check all number to make sure it was right the supervisior was understanding and outgoing nothing is that hard
Pros
hours are ok
Cons
could pays more
it was a fun place to work
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIMarch 21, 2017
I worked at freedom graphics for a while the people there were nice and always helped me when need. The work was easy but draggy it diffently takes geting used to.
Fun but boring
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIMarch 15, 2017
I worked there off and on as a temp for a couple months. It's easy work but there is a lot of drama wanna try to stay out of factory business. You stand on your feet for the whole shift.
All work no advancement
Office Administrator/CSR (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 14, 2017
The GM will not give you a title because he doesn't want to pay you your worth.
Employee's over all work hard and are friendly. Overall it can be a good place to work for.
Pros
Na
Cons
8 hour work shift and you only get a 30 mins. lunch break, and no other.
job had a lot of drama.
Laser Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 28, 2016
this job was ok for the pay,and benefits. but work was always chaotic, something always was going wrong. almost every one there did not understand english, machines always breaking down, was really stressful. if i had to do a job like this,ill work for RR Donnelley. same job but better environment.
Productive Workplace
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Freedom was a place where you always had something to do and you can come and do overtime at anytime. There was never any shortage of work even when the number of jobs were low.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Digital printing igen
Digital Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 24, 2016
It's a great place to learn and have them show you color match and everything around it, but you are never going to grow or get what you deserve, bosses ones you tell them your taking your skill to another level and get better pay they will kick you out the building in the same day you tell them your giving 2 week notice they don't care about their employees all they want to do is make make make but will never give back to employees.
Pros
Great place to learn.
Cons
You will never grow in freedom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREEDOM GRAPHIC SYSTEMS. Our community is ready to answer.

FREEDOM GRAPHIC SYSTEMS Reviews by Location