Freedom Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Just another cog in the wheel
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 19, 2019
After many years of working with Freedom, I've had countless role changes. Management is consistently hard to work with, training is lack-luster, and the overall employee attitude is dire. As a remote employee (with consistently great reviews), I haven't met a single person on my team (that I've worked with for almost 5 years). There is no inclusivity of remote employees, no holiday gatherings, no annual meetings, nothing.

There are multiple regions who are supposed to be running the same, but are not. All regions work with the whole county, yet some are paid OT, and other regions are not. Work is not spread evenly across the company.

While Freedom has made an effort to increase the professionalism of how their corporate offices run, ie; HR, System Administration, there is still a lot to improve upon. Freedom needs an infusion of new management with new ideas, and new process implementation.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Low pay, grumpy management
n/a
Document Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 19, 2019
6. Remove contents of the envelope one at a time and sort it as follows (if there is a return envelope such as a utility bill/insurance bill included with the piece of mail that can stay with the original envelope, it does NOT need to be placed with the piece of mail):
a. NOE (Notice of Error)/RESPA/Customer Complaints – any document from the borrower or 3rd party referencing an issue with the borrowers account such as: Payment disputes, credit disputes, appeals, general customer issues.
b. Bankruptcy – Any Bankruptcy documents
This is an excellent company to work for in an ever changing business environment
Correspondent Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 18, 2019
The company welcomes new ideas and values the employees input. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up the documentation.
Deceptive in Recruiting Process. Does not care about employees
Business Analyst - Mortgage Servicing First Flyer (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 12, 2019
Going into interviews, they said exactly what I wanted to hear. They said that I would be doing certain things, and then I was doing the exact opposite. They say they enjoy feedback but really you just talk and they don't listen or make any effort to put that feedback in place. If you are considering unemployment or working at Freedom Mortgage, pick unemployment.
Working there you become family
Loan Processor/Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 12, 2019
Use it as a stepping stone to learn the mortgage industry and move on! This is not a place you want to invest years in. There is no severance package and what you make is all you will ever get! Every man is for himself! Get what you can and move on!
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
No loyalty to their Employees
March 19, 2019

We are glad you met great people and had the opportunity to learn.

Good Company
DOCUMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMarch 10, 2019
Good company to work for. I learned a lot about mortgages. Freedom Mortgage was not only a place of employment but a school for learning everything about mortgages.
March 19, 2019

Thank you for the four-star review! We value the training we provide and are glad you found the opportunity to learn about the industry.

Fine place to work
Vice President, Sales (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 4, 2019
It was a great place to wok. With close to 30 years in business. Pretty stable firm. Plenty of growth for many around the country. Management made key growth options. .
Quiet and slower pace
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 4, 2019
Slow pace most of the time. We were developing our roles at this company. We had to create new training materials. Because of this, most of our days was research and training.
March 19, 2019

Thank you for posting your review. We are glad you had the opportunity to develop your role.

Stressful, high transfers rate poor list. Expect high calls , a lot of customers complaints notery not showing up.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 4, 2019
Favoritism, the Company move ahead new people who came after me. I couldn’t advance there. They do alot downsizing, letting workers go. I was one of them.
March 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to learn more about your experience. If you would like to discuss further, please contact EmployeeRelations@FreedomMortgage.com.

Leader in the industry with clear vision from CEO
Wholesale Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 1, 2019
Ability to work remote as a Wholesale AE. Advancements being made in technology and products in line with the industry. Cross Over within sales territories which makes it difficult to prospect.
March 8, 2019

Thank you for your four-star review and for helping us foster homeownership in America!

Overall a great company to work for
Customer Advocate Correspondent Lending (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 28, 2019
The job of a Client Advocate was to review all conditions after auditing to make sure they were valid. Answer emails from correspondent on conditions and review documents received to make sure they cleared the condition.
March 8, 2019

Thank you so much for your four-star review! We appreciate it.

productive and fun environment
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Freedom Mortgage was a fun relaxed environment but I felt the pay was very low. I didn't feel I could grow in this environment. I enjoyed it being close to home and I enjoyed the co-workers and staff.
Pros
close to home, and not as stressful
Cons
the company moved and the pay was very minimal
March 8, 2019

We are glad you enjoyed the environment - and found it fun! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Daily Abuse by Management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 21, 2019
Freedom Mortgage was such a waste of my brain cells. Management was a joke shopping on Amazon all day and talking about their dog. Was told the 2nd day of my job that my Manager got ripped off that I did not look like my LinkedIn picture. So was I hired off my looks or my degree and past work experience? Unless you are part of the clique you will get laid off. You will not get your paid time off so make sure you take vacation as you can. Getting laid off at Freedom was the best thing that happened to me. My new job is amazing and I am up for a promotion. Work at Freedom was so slow also the days would drag with the lack of work given. Towards the end of my almost 2 years with Freedom my Boss told me if he was me would jump off a bridge. The daily abuse and treatment is as that off an abusive relationship. This was the worst job I have ever had. I feel so happy to be out of that terrible office in Mt.Laurel NJ.
Cons
Bad Management
February 28, 2019

Freedom Mortgage values your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. If you would like to discuss further, please contact EmployeeRelations@FreedomMortgage.com. Thank you.

Wrong Fit
NMLS Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2019
They did not have the appropriate training and support for someone who is new to the business. I was given conflicting goals. For instance I was instructed to, A work as a Loan Officer Assistant daily, while B, be required to learn how to generate my own business while being given deadlines to meet as a solo Loan Officer. Being new in the business and trying to chase down one of the goals is difficult enough, but simultaneously is unreasonable. Aside from that, the group and management were excellent people.
Pros
great team
Cons
little support for novice LOs
February 28, 2019

Thanks for your four-star review and the constructive feedback.

Good selection of banks
Team Leader/Senior Broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Freedom Mortgage had a great selection of banks to choose from to place our deals. We always had access to the most competitive pricing on the market.
February 28, 2019

Thank you for your review and for helping us foster home ownership.

no job stability
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 16, 2019
freedom mortgage does not offer job stability, they will fire 30 employee today and turn around and hire 50 the next day, only to fire more people few weeks later.
Pros
Cons
everything
Nice place to work
Senior Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FishersFebruary 10, 2019
they were there when I needed a job in 2015. For three years I enjoyed my work. When I moved to another area and started working remotely , it seemed that my relationship changed with my manager as she didn’t like that I wasn’t in the office even though she approved the process.
February 28, 2019

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the comments.

The company was a good fit for my work style.
Compliance Specialist/ Loan Audit Problem Team (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2019
It was a good company to work for and I would be happy to return in the furture. However, the management team needs to appreciate valuable talent at there location.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
Turn over is to high
Good
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJFebruary 8, 2019
Busy and can lost in communications with upper management regarding operations

Pay if good for top producers but can be difficult if not fed the right leads
Pros
Pay is good for performance
Cons
lack of communication
February 28, 2019

Thank you for your review. Your feedback helps us to continually improve.

Underpaid, Overworked, limited skilled development, no progression
Sales (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 8, 2019
Freedom Mortgage is one of the most toxic jobs I have ever worked in. Turnover rate is extremely high due to company mismanagement or being pressured to quit. The company caters mostly to certain departments since their focus is only on their bottom line. Growth opportunity is limited to only employees that the management likes for personal reasons rather than performance. Accountability is almost nonexistence and deflection is the staple of survival at the company. Our systems are outdated and they refuse to update or pay for the needed consultation. Overall, working here I have loss many good co-workers that could no longer tolerate the company or were let go. They have moved onto much better jobs with better work-life balance. I recommend anyone considering Freedom, even if it's temporary (maybe 1 -2 years), please reconsider what you want for your career. This place is not good to build your career if you're focused on personal development.
Pros
1 Hour Lunches
Cons
Below Average Pay, Work Culture, High Turnover, Limited Career Development
February 28, 2019

We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss