Freedom Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

More telling marketing
Junior Loan officer cold calling (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054October 18, 2018
Began telling marketing move up to working for two L/O's at 105 commission once loan closed. Extensive credit report education and telephone skills. Just didn't like the cube to much...
No job security
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 17, 2018
Unfortunately, this company lived up to it's reputation of hiring and letting go. Pay is slightly low with expensive benefits. My director and manager were very nice and a pleasure to work with, but senior leadership was harsh. And the way the lay off took place was insensitive and rude.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no job security
Enjoyed working at Freedom
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Freedom mortgage and sadly the only reason i left was for better pay at a company that would lay me off after 1 yr. At Freedom mortgage I felt i had more job security because the company would rather utilize employees in other positions than to lay off. I mean there are layoff's there too but they really do try to keep people on since it's easier to transition than to layoff and rehire other people.
Pros
decent company to work for
Cons
pay could be a little better
Difficult to work in depending upon your mortgage experience
Indexing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2018
Overall, people were nice to work with. There were many positions there that required you to already have a certain detailed skill set in the mortgage industry in order to work. They did not have any type of developmental process in place to help one move up in positions.
Pros
The nice persons to work with.
Cons
No process for personal development.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest opinion and are glad you found your co-workers to be good, nice people to work with.

3-mos
Loss Mitigation Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 11, 2018
Only worked three months and quit for personal reasons. Don't have a history to draw from for the rating. I gave average rating based on a very short term exposure.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing the positive experience you had with Freedom Mortgage. Customer satisfaction is our priority and your feedback is greatly valued.

Typical pump and dump lender
Team Lead FHA C/O Processing (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 9, 2018
All mortgage companies live to onboard customers with less resources allocated to process and complete loan files. Freedom was no different. Sensitive to rates, when rates rise layoffs happen.
Pros
Good when rates are dropping...
Cons
Very bad when rates increase.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest opinion.

fast-passed, cut throat corporate office job
Mortgage Processor/Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAOctober 9, 2018
poor pay, cut throat, mass hiring and mass lay offs, poor job security, managers micro manage, your whole work day and breaks including bathroom breaks are scheduled
Pros
advancement is a possibility, bonuses
Cons
Calabrio, too much micro management
October 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your pros and cons. Your comments help us to continually improve.

Educational, industry motivated
Loan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 6, 2018
Have to be flexible and willing to change to work for Freedom. Money can be made with hard work and extra hours. Hours are not 9-5. Management styles vary.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest opinion.

Slave plantation like atmosphere
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 29, 2018
I worked in the Ft. Washington office in PA. I really dont know where to begin. Cameras wer installed in every room so the CEO cold always see what we were doing. We were lied to about commissions earned that we were never paid for. Our office was always dirty. We had bed bugs. Dirt and mold in the vents and we would all get sick. Management never did a thing to make our workday better. They should have had whips. Under paid. Lied too while the CEO earns millions.
Pros
They let us go to the bathroom.
Cons
Overall bad company that will not last long.
October 3, 2018

Freedom Mortgage values your feedback and would like to learn more about your experience. Please contact EmployeeRelations@FreedomMortgage.com to discuss further. Thank you.

Good work environment
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 28, 2018
Very balanced work load. Everyone is professional and the environment is positive. You are encouraged to learn new technology and advance your education.
Pros
Facilities are well maintained
Cons
They did not understand the West Coast market.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your four-star review. We are glad you found the environment and educational opportunities positive! Wishing you continued success at Freedom Mortgage.

Want to know more about Freedom Mortgage Corporation?

Ask a question
No Vision, Too Re-active, Leadership is Self Serving and Shady
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 28, 2018
Executive Leadership is beholden following CEO blindly and self serving lay, not honest with managers, team leads supervisors and others.
Disappointed with the lack of commitment to the team players.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Nasty rude VP, one in particular, very nasty, no kind word and clueless EVP running basically demoralizing and offending Team Players everyday.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your Freedom Mortgage experience fell short of your expectations. Your comments are very important as we are always looking to improve.

Stressful work environment
Producing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 28, 2018
Good place to potentially earn money but leads are not even spread around. Very demanding work schedule and mandatory overtime. Plenty of training tools available however, unrealistic goals with little support from upper management.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your work at Freedom Mortgage and for posting. Your feedback helps us to continually improve.

Temporary Job
Underwriter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2018
It was a temporary job, different from Sales and Use Tax and I enjoyed helping ensure that people Mortgage Loans were approved. I enjoyed working as a team and the incentives of wining prizes when your team exceeded their numbers for that day or week.
Pros
Cross Training
Cons
Lot of turn over
October 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your pros and cons. Your comments are important to us. We are glad you enjoyed the team aspect of your work at Freedom Mortgage.

Job Security
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 25, 2018
It was a fun place to work but no job security as it is with most mortgage companies but they do show. They did go out of their way to make working fun and workers appreciated
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you found Freedom Mortgage fun and felt appreciated!

Good money but many layoffs
Assistant Manager/Loan Processor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 21, 2018
This is a privately owned company and the owner is only concerned with making his money so layoffs grew more and more common this year, although I seemed to have a relatively secure position and cannot argue with the pay.

The job itself could be very stressful at times but I loved the people I worked with on my team.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High risk of layoffs
October 3, 2018

Thank you for the review and comments. We are glad you loved your team, and rated work / life balance and compensation / benefits highly.

Overall good/fair company to work for
SECOND LEVEL REVIEWER (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 20, 2018
I was a remote worker for Freedom the majority of time I was working there. I was laid off due to low volume only. If not due to lay off I would still be working for them.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for the four-star review. We are glad to hear you had a good experience at Freedom Mortgage.

Professional and Fun work enviorment
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 19, 2018
I learned a great bit about finance, mortgages, lending and credit worthiness. I have also been developed invaluable skills in salesmanship, professionalism and many other extremely useful scenarios.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for posting your five-star review! We take pride in our Learning & Development and are happy that you were able to develop important skills. Wishing you success.

Very Good company to work for
Sr. Underwriter (Current Employee) –  NJSeptember 18, 2018
Frredom Mortgage is a very grrat company to work for. They are very professional. Even though I worked from home, I always felt part of the company. They are a very organized company. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Working remotely and great management
Cons
Periodic Layoffs
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review and your endorsement of Freedom Mortgage! We take pride in our culture and are happy that felt connected while working remote.

Great remote flexability
Wholesale/Retail Conventional Underwriter Remote (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Great work environment. This was a remote position and we had a meeting everyday. Everyone always knew there roles and tasked to be completed. The best team ive ever been on.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review! We are glad your Freedom team was the best!

Not a place to retire
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJSeptember 17, 2018
This is not a company that you will retire from. The door is revolving. Theyre constantly laying people off with no explanation. Upper management shows favoritism towards their friends and family
Pros
I worked 5 minutes away from home
Cons
No job stability
October 3, 2018

We are sorry that your Freedom Mortgage experience fell short of your expectations. Thank you for your review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight