Freedom Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great coworkers, bad business model
Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 15, 2018
Overtime not really required, aside from at least 1 Saturday shift a month. Managers are generally willing to work with your schedule needs. Managers will also do their best to give advice to help you succeed. However, the mortgage industry is currently shrinking due to the rate hikes. There have been several layoffs which adds stress to perform and exceed their unrealistic sales goals. Most loans do not have NTB, but you will be asked to push the sell just to get the numbers they need. Only for those loans to fall out in process and waste everyone's time. Easy to get apps, hard for Processing to close loans, which means little to no commission. Rates are not competitive in most departments. Upper-management (Mount Laurel) is not transparent and does not listen to innovative and helpful ideas that could help the company save money, time, and improve their process. Tempe location seems to have better ideas and management, but they have little control compared to MTL.
Pros
Great coworkers, bad business model
Cons
security, unrealistic expectations, unable to adapt
the most enjoyable part of the job
Remote Jr Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 14, 2018
was being able to work remotely daily, this create a great work life balance for my family. I never had to go into the office and worked well independently
If applying at Freedom, run the other way!
Sr. Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 10, 2018
Typical mortgage company that works you like a slave, does not share benefits when things are good and lays you off when things are slow. My supervisor and manager were great but helpless to the upper management making foul decisions. Almost impossible to earn commissions and overtime is expected, even on weekends. good luck with this one...
Pros
supervisors relate
Cons
supervisors have their hands tied, upper management makes horrible decisions, impossible to earn bonuses
production
Sr. DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2018
stressed every week if production is stable....always in fear of being laid off and the future life with the company is never certain. My manager was super great, but upper management above him was always not so good.
Pros
great option with family life
Cons
vp's are on the never know anything.
Stay Away
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 9, 2018
Company did a major layoff, without notice. We never recieved any severance, no warning, plus they had the nerves to have the police their while they escort people out the building during the lay off... I say stay away, your career is not secured.
Pros
Co workers, no weekends, and 1 hour lunch break
Cons
Management, over worked long hours, and more
overworked and underpaid
Assistant Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 7, 2018
Freedom does not care about ability. Nepotism is rampant. They will get as much work out of you for as little pay as they can possibly give. is well known to offer a commission plan and change the plan so they dont have to pay as much before the month ends if people outperform what they thought
Work Environment
MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR (Former Employee) –  West Greenwich, RIAugust 7, 2018
Management met every morning to go over the day and drive home a take charge environment. Office employees worked together well in a team effort and an overall positive vibe with all.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this four-star review! We are very happy that you recommend Freedom Mortgage and valued the team environment.

Lack of job security
Loan Specialist/Processor (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 7, 2018
Do not rely on stability here, you will be laid off without notice. Make sure your numbers are good are you will be laid off. They work you like a horse and just want more and more from you. Processing is horrible, loan closings take 60 days or more, they document the customers to death. They hire and lay off employees who have been there for years just to hire them back under a 3rd party so they loose all their benefits and receive none through Freedom. Stressful environment. You are there 9hrs a day and they want you to work more. The commission structure is impossible to obtain and you will close loans and not receive a commission for them. They do not value hard work.
Pros
Coworkers, free lunches
Cons
If they can find a way to not pay your commission they will. You are a number not an employee.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your work at Freedom Mortgage and for taking the time to post your review. We are glad your co-workers are "pros" and appreciate your additional feedback.

Fair
PAYMENT PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 6, 2018
I would say working at FH is fair because its very relaxed and very flexible when it comes to having to take days off. But the amount of work for the pay does not balance out.
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your four-start review of Freedom Mortgage. We are glad you found the environment flexible and gave work/life balance and management top marks.

Loved Freedom
Senior Sales Coach NMLS: 1451955 (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2018
Freedom was a really fun company to work for. I left early this year and they were facing some pretty challenging times with layoffs. Which killed moral a bit. But overall, I liked working there.
August 13, 2018

Glad to hear you were happy at Freedom Mortgage! We thank you for taking the time to post your four-star review.

CSA (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAAugust 2, 2018
Freedom Mortgage is my 6th job in the industry. I started in the customer care department and quickly moved up to a semi leadership role. I have received two raises since i began a little more than a year ago. Freedom is the first company that truly recognizes talent and promotes aggressively. I would highly recommend to anyone
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review. We are thrilled to hear of your growth and wish you continued success at Freedom Mortgage!

Productive Workplace; yet Challenging
Director, Production Services (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 31, 2018
Typical day at work includes several meetings to discuss business improvements and enhancements. Meetings also engage individuals involved with projects to keep track on the progress of the project.
During my fourteen years with Freedom Mortgage I have learned a lot through various roles. This has taught me everything from onboarding new employees, loan production and operations, changes within the industry, and projects enhancing the business and dealing with changes.
This is a friendly workplace and management meets the needs of each employee. However, they do not support career growth and provide guidance to excel in your career path. They seek hard workers that are dedicated; yet under paid.
The hardest part of the job was being held responsible for multiple projects while struggling with balancing time management to deliver the deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was doing what I love and building relationships; as well as supporting the business.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for your work at Freedom Mortgage and for posting your review. The detailed feedback is appreciated and helps up improve. We are glad you have learned and experienced a lot during your time with Freedom and wish you continued success.

Customer service
On call office assistant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJuly 30, 2018
When people first walk in they would see me normally with a “ good morning “ “ good afternoon” or “ good evening “, I would sign mail for people in the office I would take and delivery paper work to people. I was over all just a front desk helper
Pros
Always friendly
Cons
Always quite
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your four-star review!
Thank you for your four-star review!

Good place to learn the Mortgage Industry
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 30, 2018
This is an industry impacted by market rates. It can be very busy when rates are low and business is good or it can be stressful when we have to change the way to do business to accommodate the market ( rates increasing). They have figured out how to be profitable when many others are not sustaining their business.
The benefits are solid and the hours are what you make of it. There are times when you have to work later or on a weekend. The colleagues are great to work with and very collaborative. There are a lot of charitable community activities to support as well.
Pros
Colleagues, Community, Good benefits
Cons
long hours and weekend work when needed
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this four-star review! We are glad you have found great colleagues and contributed to the community events. Wishing you continued success at Freedom Mortgage.

Unorganized, and mismanaged
Senior Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 28, 2018
Freedom mortgage is the worse company I ever worked for. Very Disorganized, management does not follow through and are lazy; works less than it's employees. Doesn't recognize hard work through all departments. Employees are over worked and under paid. Their main focus is processing. Freedom mortgage does not operate in an ethical manner. I would not recommend working for this company.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive and not good, too many layoffs
Rich Owner and Nepotism
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 28, 2018
Could be a great place to work as at times the compensation is great. Owner works people to death though, takes advantage of them when times are great, low rates. But, once rates start to stagnate or even move up he cuts jobs like mad. I was downsized not once but twice by him. Within 2 months of my layoff the owner bought a $20 million estate in Florida. Greed at its tops! Imagine if he rolled half of that into the staff that he did let go to keep on board for 6 months or even provide a month's severance pay to those people that made him that $20 million to buy the estate!
Pros
Compensatin was good, remote work
Cons
Worked to death so owner can make money!
Needs work on their culture
MANAGER, ESCROW ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJuly 26, 2018
Senior Management in Servicing is something to laugh at. Treated their employees horribly. Made the job impossible to do with their lack of knowledge and support.
they promote from within
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 20, 2018
They encourage training online, and they promote from with in. They do constant cross training on a weekly and monthly basis. They are always looking for ways to cost cut for cost efficacy
August 2, 2018

Thank you for posting your review. We take pride in our training and are glad to see that you were able to take advantage of it.

Not a great place
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 14, 2018
Too many loans and never enough time. My pipeline had 130 plus loans a month. The CEO is all about the bottom line and layoffs are always happening. I was not happy there.
July 18, 2018

We are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you for your feedback.

Good company if you can find your niche
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 14, 2018
Too many account executives in my defined territory. Company provided excellent training. Pricing very good on some product and not as good on others. Was not a good fit for me
Pros
Good product base
Cons
Too many AEs in defined territory
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your review and your endorsement of Freedom Mortgage's training program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight