Freedom Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a great place
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 14, 2018
Too many loans and never enough time. My pipeline had 130 plus loans a month. The CEO is all about the bottom line and layoffs are always happening. I was not happy there.
Good company if you can find your niche
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 14, 2018
Too many account executives in my defined territory. Company provided excellent training. Pricing very good on some product and not as good on others. Was not a good fit for me
Pros
Good product base
Cons
Too many AEs in defined territory
Incompetent and inconsiderate
Senior Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJuly 14, 2018
This was my first job in the mortgage industry, and at first I thought it was a great place to work because there was a ton of loan volume and it seemed like the company was doing good things and moving in the right direction. However, after 3 years I realized that they were trying to grow too quickly and weren't actually ready to become the huge company they wanted to be, and the loan volume just came from churning borrowers with minimally beneficial (or in many cases not beneficial, according to investors...) refinances. Loan Officers also write loans just to get their bonuses and waste the Processors' time working on trash that will never close, especially when volume is low.

Training is basically nonexistent - they try cramming everything you need to know into 1 week or less then throw you on the floor to figure it out yourself, so many people don't know what they're doing or why and customer satisfaction suffers. Reference materials are scattered and difficult to find, and the company takes forever to streamline policies, processes, and procedures even though they had an entire department dedicated to that exact task.

Pay is low and bonuses/incentives are an absolute joke. If they even have an incentive it doesn't last long and isn't even worth trying to win. The best "incentive" for me was when a manager would randomly buy pizza for the team.

Nepotism appears to be an issue and they will promote people they like rather than the best person for the job. Even then, nobody's job is ever really secure because they don't care about laying off large chunks of the workforce
  more... in waves without notice. They'll rally everyone together and tell you how much they care about you, but that's just a ruse. It just seems like management just knee-jerk reacts to the market conditions rather than plan ahead and stress test any of their ideas, so things change drastically on a regular basis. There's a good chance you'll get traded around departments as needed depending on which products are busy. In general, it seems like management doesn't really know what they're doing, goes all-in on one idea, hires a bunch of people in advance of the volume they expect, then lay them off when they realize they were wrong.

There are support teams dedicated to more specific processing tasks, but that ends up making the process less efficient and take longer to close loans because support teams don't know what they're doing but you have no choice but to wait for them because the company is stingy when it comes to giving people access to certain tools and portals that every Processor should be using. It would be better if the processors just had full control and loans would close faster.

All of this makes employees miserable and hate their jobs, and I wouldn't recommend working here until management can get their stuff together and figure out how to optimize workflow by actually putting the right systems in place. I could keep complaining but this is already long enough.
Pros
Coworkers are ok, random small incentives, benefits
Cons
Workflow, job security, executive management, bonuses
Good Company
National Senior Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2018
Great Company to work for. I would love to return to work for freedom. The mangers were helpful and the CEO was amazing. Support is awesome at Freedom.
July 13, 2018

Thank you for posting your four-star review! We take pride in leadership and are glad you found the managers and environment supportive.

It was a learning experience as I never worked in the Corporate world before
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJuly 11, 2018
I would sign in to my computer because that is how time was kept. I learned more about Loan processing as every company I'm sure has their own organizational way. Freedom Mortgage provides a culturally diverse workplace which made it a pleasant experience.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
micr management
July 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We strive for positive employee experiences and are glad that you found the workplace diverse, had learning opportunities, and appreciated the employee recognition program.

Remote DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Freedom. Every manager I had was great. It was a sad day when I was laid off and the managers I spoke with were all saddened that day and made a point of speaking to all of us concerning the layoff.
Pros
Great benefits and managers
Cons
layoffs
July 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your give-star review and thank you for your work at Freedom Mortgage. We are glad that you had such a positive experience with your managers.

Great company to work for
Corporate traner - Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great working environment, loved the people. Ongoing training helped achieve our daily work flow and feel confident in our products. Casual days and lunches regularly.
July 13, 2018

Thank you for your five-star review and for helping us foster home ownership in America. We are glad you loved the people and took advantage of training opportunities. Freedom Mortgage appreciates your hard work.

N/a
Loan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 1, 2018
Used to be a good place to work. No one knows what they're doing. They are literally winging it while your livlihood swings in the balance. The current comp plan is laughable and an actaul slap in the face to current Loan Advisors.
July 4, 2018

We are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you for your feedback.

Workplace culture
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJuly 1, 2018
The company does not value employees. After over three years with the company and numerous awards (employee of the month etc.) my entire department was fired when there was still a need for our production according to the numbers.
July 4, 2018

Thank you for your work at Freedom Mortgage and for posting. Your feedback helps us to continually improve.

Total Revolving Door
Customer Care Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJune 30, 2018
I don't believe its fair to have mandatory days of overtime 3 times out of the week. It is a total disregard for work/life balance. Especially with the type of calls that we get AND make.
Pros
Nice and helpful co-workers and management
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Pay
July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you find co-workers and management nice and helpful. We appreciate your additional feedback too.

Focused on proper training and efficiency
Operations Manager; QC Director- Post Closing (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJune 29, 2018
The company tries hard to put the correct managers in place to ensure each team member is properly trained and working up to their full capacity. The owner is always planning ahead to stay current on technology as well as what is needed to keep the company moving forward.
Pros
Annual Leadership Conference, Freedom Fun Days
Cons
Job security is an issue when rates go up
July 3, 2018

Thank you for posting. We take pride in our training and our culture, and are glad you are able to experience both. Thank you for being part of the Freedom Mortgage team!

Fun work environment but fast paced
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 27, 2018
Working here is very fast paced and there is something always going on, but the people make it fun. The mortgage industry has it's ups and down and this is the second mortgage company I've worked for but it's a very friendly place.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your work at Freedom Mortgage and for taking the time to post your review. It's great to hear we have cultivated a fun work environment.

Great place but layoffs do occur frequently
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 26, 2018
I have no complaints about the company. Yea pay is lower then other companies but the medical benefits are really good when compared to those companies. Due to rates being higher then expected. The streamline product is dying there. Layoffs were expected. Just wish a heads up was giving. Instead you get a random tap one day and are told to report to a meeting. There you are told that you are being laid off. They give you all you need to file for unemployment the same day. Now when rate`s were low and the company was doing good, promotions were all over the place for employees who showed they can handle there current work load and had great number at the end of each month. Again no complaints, just have to understand that's the way of this business
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no family life. 9am to 6pm every day. 4hours maybe 5 to your self depending on travel time.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your four-star review. We appreciate your comments. Feedback helps us improve.

Fake it till you make it
Client Underwriting Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2018
Management is not very skilled in this line of work. It will lean heavily on it's employees to get there work done as they have no idea how to do there job and then take credit for your work. Management is very robotic. If they don't understand what is going on, then the employees are doing it wrong. Management expect you to only work 8 hours a day when you have 10 plus hours worth of work a day. Then when you only work the 8 hours that day they make you fill bad for not working the 10 plus hours that day.
Pros
Medical, vision, dental, Pto, & 401k
Cons
The work environment set by management
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your Freedom Mortgage experience fell short of your expectations.

Fun lot of company Morale
FHA Streamline Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 25, 2018
The company is fun and nice to work for but the mortgage industry has ups and downs and their is a high layoff and turn over rate at Freedom Mortgage.
June 28, 2018

Thank you for posting your four-star review! We take pride in our culture and are happy that you are having a good employee experience at Freedom Mortgage.

Cut throat culture
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 24, 2018
Freedom mortgage had a cut throat culture and frankly miserable working experience. Existing employees would avoid fully training newer employees as a method of maintaining job security.
Cons
Generally speaking everyone I worked with was miserable.
Great company when the market allows
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 21, 2018
This company was great to work for only when the market rates are good. I made a ton of money right out of college but they fired my department randomly without any notice.
June 25, 2018

Thank you so much for your five-star review of Freedom Mortgage. We appreciate the comments and ratings.

Clashing ideals
not submitted (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 21, 2018
Hired in 2017, laid off in 2018. No notice, no severance. Freedom was a small company that's trying to be big, but has many executives who simply cannot move beyond small company mentality. There is a group of people that have been with the company 30+ years and their ideals clash with those that have been hired within the last several years: the new generation. Any training that was promised when I started was taken away the instant the market took a turn.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest opinion, which is important to our improvement and growth.

I had an excellent boss. He was extremely knowledgeble and trusted me to do my job without micro management.
Assistant Vice President - Capital Markets Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Freedom Mortgage. I was able to work remotely, as the main office is in Mt. Laurel, NJ. It was unfortunate when they laid me off.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for posting. We are happy to hear you had an excellent boss and enjoyed the work/life balance at Freedom Mortgage.

Fair work environment
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJune 21, 2018
Work environment was fair. Location was the best part. Supervisors were young and inexperienced. Most of the employees were young as well. The workflow was slow.
Pros
Cons
Pay
June 28, 2018

Freedom Mortgage thanks you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freedom Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight