Freelancer.com Employee Reviews

Freelancer (Former Employee) –  OnlineApril 30, 2019
This company has a poor screening process and allows many projects to be fake. These projects have bugs that allow money to be instantly withdrawal from your payment source. They do not value true remote workers and the money involved.
Being a freelancer on Freelancer.com
FREELANCER (Current Employee) –  Copper Center, AKMarch 18, 2019
With Freelancer.com, you submit bids to perform work for employers who could be located anywhere in the world. Once you submit your bids, you may receive an offer to work for one or more employers. You choose what types of projects you want to work on and your work hours (in most cases). After you have accepted the offer, you start working on the project. Projects could be local locations where you show up to work or online positions where you can work anywhere you have the necessities to do the job.

You have to be careful of what projects you accept, because some employers are scam artists who try to take advantage of you. Most of the actual employers; however, are very dependable and pay you quickly once the project is completed.

The hardest part of the job is submitting the bids and waiting to have your bids accepted. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing the projects satisfactorily and reading the rave reviews once the project is completed.
Pros
A great opportunity to explore working for a variety of employers and exercising your skills
Cons
A lot of scam artists trying to get money from you
Do not work for this scame company
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 13, 2019
This company offers no protections for freelancers. I worked for hours on a project only to be told that my employer hadn't set up automatic billing, so I wouldn't be getting paid AT ALL. There solution was to email him twice, hoping he would decide to pay me. I just lost all the money I earned. No other options. No fall backs. Just out money. They do not care at all about their freelancers. Everything is geared toward protecting employers. The guy who swindled me? His account is still active and unaffected.

THIS SITE IS WORSE THAN JUST FREELANCING ON YOUR OWN.
Pros
Cons
Scams, lost money, not getting paid.
Terrible
Freelancer Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, MOFebruary 13, 2019
Fraudulous, they took back money twice from completed projects I had following a verbal altercation with customer service (The problem was I paid for 50 bids to enter projects, but they took out the 8 free monthly bids that I had already used). Then the day after I had 85$ US missing. They took money from my account stating they had problem with the projects holders (Even if they were done 8 months ago) Tried to solve it, they just shut me down and there's no way to contact them now.. Also at LEAST half of the projects are fraudulous, people only there to ask your infos on another platform (That tells me they're letting anyone come in and do their fraud). I strongly recommend to use other sites, and not Freelancer.com
Great place to start for remote jobs
Virtual Assistant (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 8, 2019
Has wide network for prospective clients in various industry niche for freelancers around the globe. Competition is stiff so ability to make a difference and identify one's edge is important.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
competitive freelancers
Flexible working hours
Freelance Motion Designer / Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Worlds, VAFebruary 4, 2019
I also work as a freelancer and create commercials, music videos, concerts and so on.
Three years ago I learnt After Effect and motion graphics. My last position was in an international company that organize conferences, forums and festivals all over the world. My task was to create “selling” videos for their events.
Freelancer.com has a wonderful mission, execution is a bit rough
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 6, 2019
Freelancing sites have their work cut out for them. Many are overrun with spam, cheap clientele, or straight-up scams. Freelancer.com had a time a little while ago that they were falling prey to this. Since then, they've tightened things up and the site is a lot better for finding good jobs. I prefer them above Upwork, because Upwork's screening is detailed, but they also accidentally ban a lot of good freelancers based on a very sensitive algorithm.
Terrible, terrible place!!
Freelance Designer (Current Employee) –  Not applicableDecember 13, 2018
I don't want to bother the readers with all the details, but basically, as soon as you ACCEPT the project, you're immediately charged a fee of 10% of the project bid amount, regardless of whether the employer even verified their payment method!

The worst consequence of that is the fact that if something happens with the project, and you and your client mutually agree to Cancel it, you can do it, however, the initial project fee the site took will NOT BE REFUNDED. It' makes no sense, and it is absolutely cruel to freelancers.

Let alone the fact that the clients can basically receive the finished product and simply decide to cancel the project with imaginary reasons, the site will NEVER support the freelancer/worker in case of any dispute.

Because of the above mentioned reasons, which basically kill any probability of Freelancer.com growing into a BETTER marketplace, my mark is 1 star, and if I could, I would rate it - 10

good place for finding a job matching my skills
Fashion Designer and Illustrator (Current Employee) –  BehieraNovember 21, 2018
It's the right place to support talents and helping them find the right positions.I learnt to develop my skills and to be always ready for any urgent tasks.
typist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2018
You have to pay them to work. When you do get a job the pay is so low you could make more money picking up cans. Don't waste your time. You are working for almost nothing. It's rediculous and a waste of my money. This company is a scam and they make money getting a fee from you. SCAM
Pros
Cons
Scam
Good site
Mobile and Web Developer, Architecture Designer (Former Employee) –  United States, EuropeNovember 6, 2018
Freelancer.com is good site to get projects.
I've been working in this site for 5 years.
And I got a lot of projects in this site and helped many customers to grow their business up.
Muy buen sitio Web
Proyecto independiente (Former Employee) –  onlineOctober 30, 2018
Sólo hice un par de proyectos Freelance con ellos hace muchos años. Eran fiables y me quedé contenta.
Productive workplace.
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Frelancee is a very productive and fun workplace. You decide for everything, like the salary, when do you want to work and where. You can work from home and get paid immediately.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
None.
Job board
Remote Freelance Work (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 25, 2018
Freelancer.com is a website that facilitates hooking up contract workers with employers. Most jobs are small and very short term. The pay depends heavily on relevant experience. The biggest problem is obtaining steady work. Lots of idle time between landing contracts for me. This may not be as much of a problem if you are very experienced.
Pros
Its work
Cons
not enough work.
I love to work from home
Graphic Designer Freelancer (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 7, 2018
This job is not only competitive and creative, it allows me to work from home. I can work at night and pick up jobs as needed making it a suitable company to work for.
Productive if you pay
Freelance Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FlAugust 22, 2018
Most times you’ll have to pay the company to access any high rank in their algorithm to match you with clients. The clients themselves aren’t vetted quite enough and a lot of them are just looking for people to apply so they can ask for free work.
Productive , easy and fun to work here
3D Modeler (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIJuly 2, 2018
Freelancer.com is a place where we can earn some easy money. Its also a nice site for students like me to have some expirience in jobs before we graduate.
Always getting fake jobs
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 2, 2018
It needs to be stripped down and then rebuilt. Policy overviews. More security to keep fake jobs off the job board a must. Change the way your paid. Way too slow between jobs.
Work from home at your own pace
FREELANCE HR (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJune 22, 2018
Bid on the project, if your bidding is approved you are offered the project with the deadlines, requirements, & paid as per the work done.
But many a times, extra work is performed for a little pay, or sometimes you don't get paid.
Pros
Good exposure, get to learn new things
Cons
more work, less pay
It was fun and I enjoyed working as a Freelancer
Transcriptionist, Virtual Assistant & Copy Writer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 15, 2018
The salary is not constant. I had part-time jobs and it was easy but I wanted to have a full-time job. Being a freelancer worker isn't easy as what other people think.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freelancer.com. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss