Freelancer.com Employee Reviews for Freelance Designer

3.6Pay & Benefits
Terrible
Freelancer Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Montreal, MOFebruary 13, 2019
Fraudulous, they took back money twice from completed projects I had following a verbal altercation with customer service (The problem was I paid for 50 bids to enter projects, but they took out the 8 free monthly bids that I had already used). Then the day after I had 85$ US missing. They took money from my account stating they had problem with the projects holders (Even if they were done 8 months ago) Tried to solve it, they just shut me down and there's no way to contact them now.. Also at LEAST half of the projects are fraudulous, people only there to ask your infos on another platform (That tells me they're letting anyone come in and do their fraud). I strongly recommend to use other sites, and not Freelancer.com
Terrible, terrible place!!
Freelance Designer (Current Employee) –  Not applicableDecember 13, 2018
I don't want to bother the readers with all the details, but basically, as soon as you ACCEPT the project, you're immediately charged a fee of 10% of the project bid amount, regardless of whether the employer even verified their payment method!

The worst consequence of that is the fact that if something happens with the project, and you and your client mutually agree to Cancel it, you can do it, however, the initial project fee the site took will NOT BE REFUNDED. It' makes no sense, and it is absolutely cruel to freelancers.

Let alone the fact that the clients can basically receive the finished product and simply decide to cancel the project with imaginary reasons, the site will NEVER support the freelancer/worker in case of any dispute.

Because of the above mentioned reasons, which basically kill any probability of Freelancer.com growing into a BETTER marketplace, my mark is 1 star, and if I could, I would rate it - 10

Don't Bother
Freelance Graphic Designer Freelancer.com (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 14, 2014
A website with nothing more than contests and clients that don't know what they want. The more thing you pay for like tests, gold membership, etc the better off you are.
Cons
Newcomers at an inherent disadvantage.