Freeman Health System Employee Reviews

Productive & fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 8, 2019
I absolutely loved working here! If I didn’t have to relocate for personal reasons, I would definitely still be there. The best management I’ve ever had!
Widely mismanaged.
Admissions Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoy my job at Freeman and I like most of the people I work with. Unfortunately the company as a whole is incredibly mismanaged. As a general rule you feel like a number to them and you feel like they treat the patients the same way. No matter how many times you bring the same problem to your supervisor nothing is ever done about it. And while there is an open door policy most employees don't feel comfortable using it. The pay isn't horrible but it's not enough for what's expected of you.
Cons
No lunch, high traffic, stressful
Stressful, non-teamwork, backstabbing,
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 1, 2019
I liked working in the medical field and did my best to adjust to this environment. I tried to ask for help in things that I was not sure about and in doing my job. I got along with the Dr's and had several that teased me and joked with me. I entered Dr's orders in the computer, copied and faxed Dr's orders to other depts. The nurses were backstabbing and did not help me. They got me fired.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, difficult environment to work in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed working here. Things could have been more organized than they were and this caused problems at times. There were cost of living raises most years, but not much beyond that.
Pros
Nice people, experience, growth, raises
Cons
lack of organization
Heart institute
Rma (Former Employee) –  Heart instituteJanuary 10, 2019
DRAMA DRAMA IN heart institute!!!! Manager was rude coworkers constantly talking behind your back... if I do something different or wrong correct me... DO NOT belittle me!!!! felt like I was in highschool all over again 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Pros
Good cafeteria food
Cons
Rude coworkers, very uptight, drama
Unsafe staffing
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 8, 2019
Poor management and unsafe staffing who never help on the floor. Good team work amongst co workers just no support from management. Keep increasing and increasing the workload and don't appreciate staff.
Job security
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 13, 2018
I love the job I do and the people I work with most days. I know someday there will be advancements that we may not have to touch patients to get vitals and draw blood but for now that’s the best part of my job. I love that I’m helping people to get better and stay healthy.
Fast paced but enjoyable
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 7, 2018
While the workload was demanding and stressful, management was relaxed and coworkers were kind which helped balance the environment. The Rehab campus was a great place to grow in knowledge and skills.
A great teamwork environment
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 6, 2018
Working in the ER can be stressful at times but when you work with amazing co-workers definitely helps! Freeman ER is all about teamwork! RN to patient ratio is 3:1.
ok
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 25, 2018
In our department there was not opportunity to move up. We work 12 hour shift. Co employees where great to work with and made some really good friends.
Incredible organization that values its employees
Budget Coordinator / Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 23, 2018
The best organization I have ever worked for. Great culture where employees are valued highly. Work environment is positive throughout the entire system.
Have enjoyed working with a variety of people over the years.
Deposit Clerk, Auditor, Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 18, 2018
I have learned many things over the past 22 years. I have learned how to work with people, work with computers, learned about medical records and medical coding, how to file managed care appeals, to review medical charts, how to file medical claims, how to talk with the insurance companies about medical claims, how to enter charges, how to sort through no-pay eob's. I have just obtained a vast amount of knowledge on the job. The hardest part of the job is when you are given more work than can be accomplished in one day. That is very frustrating. There are many managers in this health system...some are better at their job than others. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends and accomplishing certain tasks.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great co workers
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 3, 2018
I scheduled appointments and got charts ready for patients. I enjoyed working with my team. Management was not always there to address concerns. It was over all a great place to work.
Very fast paced.
Central Supply/ Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 18, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. I liked the shift that was offered for my position. The pay was ok.
The hardest part of the job was learning all the medical supplies in the inventory.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
Stress level
Great teamwork!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 31, 2018
Freeman has the best teamwork around! Employees are always willing to help eachother. With yearly increases, Freeman tries to stay on top of living costs for this area. The application process is all online and very easy. You should apply if you want to work there at jointeamfreeman.com.
Pros
teamwork, benefits, meaningful jobs
Not trusted
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 31, 2018
It’s a for me, for me facility. No room for advancement unless you’re friends with higher leadership and management. There are a lot of back stabbing drama that needs removed from a lot of areas and then it could run like a family as it should.
Oh don't get me started
Surgical Technologist/Sertile Proc Tech (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 20, 2018
I worked for Freeman for almost 4 years and was treated like a piece of trash. I started a job under the assumption that I would advance to a position that I went to school for. I was never given the opportunity, and the management in the specific department I was working for was an absolute JOKE!!! Stuck in their own ways, no room for any opinions or independence. They WIll fire you, and refuse your unemployment in any way they please. You are a number, not a human being with needs or individual thoughts.
Pros
People that work there.
Cons
Everything else!!!
Busy
Staff Registered Nurse, Post Anesthesia (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 11, 2018
I think the Hospital rating is great. I believe the nurses are their greatest asset and work very hard to give patients the love and care they deserve.
Pros
Great Nurses
Cons
Inability to keep experienced Nurses
Hands down the worst Human Resources
Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 6, 2018
If you notice Freeman always has tons of job openings but when you apply for work they don’t give you the time of day. Mercy Hospital has maybe a handful of job openings and they actually call you back for an interview when you apply for a job. Freeman is a joke. Id direct anyone to Mercy Hospital if they are looking for a good, professional Hospital. A place that does their job and calls BACK applicants. Id give Freeman a 0 on a scale from 1-10. They are incompetent and do nothing with their time. It’s been that way for 15 years or more. Maybe they should think about teaching those people to actually do their job.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 4, 2018
I do enjoy my job at Freeman's. It has good benefits & decent pay. They do promote within. They are always trying to get family activites going like discount tkts to SDC & White Water
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freeman Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Freeman Health System Reviews by Location