Freeman Health System
72Above average

Freeman Health System Employee Reviews

United States202 reviews
Encouraged to point out safety concerns or patient, family or coworker concerns. Many opportunities to participate in improvement groups. Teamwork encouraged and supported.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Poor pay, no match on 401 and often understaffed
I would never go back to that job. They dont care how much work you put in. They hardly ever wanted to listen to us. We had to clean more buildings then we could do in a 8 hr shift.
Pros
Work alone most of time.
Cons
Not enough pay for how much they gave us.
It was fine until a couple of yrs ago. I work at the East Campus as a Respiratory Therapist and it is a Basic Life Support Hospital. All at once Respiratory had to take the Advanced Cardiac Life Support but the nurses don’t have to do it. Respiratory does not know what meds to give, when to give, or the dose plus we have no Dr. that can run a CODE because they are psych Dr. so we have to call 911.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
I worked for this company for several years. You never knew what to expect when you came in to work each day. The benefits were very good. Management could have been better.
As a part time employee I don’t receive benefits. So I can’t really comment on benefits but I love the job i do have.As a shuttle driver I am one of the first people visitors meet. I take this mission extremely seriously and do my ultimate best to make them comfortable and well cared for. I do this by offering to pray for anyone that they may wish and listening to their thoughts and concerns.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Glad to have had the opportunity to have had the job and it helped me farther my career and grow as a Registered Nurse. It helped me focus on what field I felt more comfortable in doing.
Expectations for some are held high if you are a high performer and are kept low and there is no bar set for bad performers. There are minimal raises even though they continually bail out other health providers in the area instead of making sure everyone is paid a livable wage. HR looks the other way when supervisors treat their employees badly. Decent, hardworking employees often quit because they are frustrated with pay, environment or both. You would be better off looking for a private provider to work
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
Low pay, low PTO accrual, supervisors limit time off for vacation
People not so acceptable of new nurse. Was supposed to be on 8 week orientation but was more like 4-5 weeks. When asked questions staff and charge acted like it was a burden. Pay horrible for an RN. But I was happy to work there. Loved the organization's goals and innovation.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Low pay
My first job on medical field and this was the place that open my eyes to the medical world that I fell in love with and loved working with my patients face to face rather than talking to hem by phone. This job taught me a lot and made me more understanding to this medical world.
Good benefits , worked with my schedule, good bonuses . Was able to work with my husbands schedule to spend more time with my family and work around appointments. Good working atmosphere. Insurance was good for the area. Worked with pretty good staff
Management at the top was terrible. They don’t care about their employees, you are only a number to them. They don’t want someone with initiative, they want people that they can push around and treat like robots. You walk on eggshells the entire time you work there. I would not recommend them.
I enjoyed working with the public. The location was optimal for me. I did not have to drive more than 15 minutes to work. The staff was really awesome.
There needs to be a change in management. The top management does not trust their employees. They do not listen to their employees or respect their employees.
Freeman does not pay their employees what they are worth.

Freeman no longer is the top company to work for.
I really just want a part time job to make more money. I enjoy what I do but would like to do a different job outside my present job. I'm looking for a job outside the medical field.
A typical work day for me is coming in at 5 am, getting everything ready for my work day and then staying busy until about 3pm. I really enjoy the people I work with and get to interact with. I think the most enojoyable part of this job for me is being able to help people out in anyway that I can.
Cons
short breaks
Decent place to work, great benefits. Lacking upper management skills. Don’t always feel valued as a worker. Petty office politics. Love the people I work with.
Through the time working for the Pharmacy. The meetings were unprofessional with multiple inappropriate behaviors. Tech manager lacks in knowledge for Pharmacy laws, vidictive personality, and makes fun of crew members to Pharmacist and Management. I recommend never working for this Pharmacy department. There are many other inpatient facilities that respect their workers. Freeman inpatient Pharmacy will not respect you.
I screened patients for Medicaid and Financial Assistance. Assisted in applying for insurance for Marketplace insurance online. Worked with the State and collected and turned in documents to the State for patients.
My experience was less than desirable. It was like a high school clique because of the rumors being spread, favoritism by management, and lies regarding work performance. Management fraudulently electronically signed documents while explaining [insert document here] was simply verifying we spoke about an alleged incident and not admitting fault. That was later brought up as I admitted fault to things I certainly didn't do. The assistant director of the ICU at the time (unknown if it is still the same person) was the one that caused these problems, however the director was fired shortly after I quit (assumed to be unrelated).
I loved working there but was placed in another position due to fmla when fmla was no longer needed due to the death of the family member I ask to have my job position back and was denied so I quit.
Great employees but management lacks people skills. Good hours and pay is ok. Good benefits fast paced and most of the employees work good together. Would rate it 3 out of 5.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freeman Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Freeman Health System Reviews by Location