Freeport-McMoRan

Freeport-McMoRan Employee Reviews

Good paying job good benefits.
This company is a production oriented company with a safety culture that is very important in the workplace. The job position that I’m in however does not have many opportunities for advancement.
McMoRan
I miss this company tremendously. It was like an extended family. Vacation policy was fair and benefits were great. People were treated with respect
Pros
Environment
Cons
None really
Good ole boys network for advancement
work in a mine 12 hour plus days and nights. Management dramatizes everything. you have no room for advancement if you don't pay your dues as a grunt for the current boss. your boss changes almost every 3 months and you can not get a straight answer from anyone because they will be transferred soon.
Political
The only bad thing about work here is they take favoritism towards certain employees and like to show it and will outcast employees if they feel a certain way about the culture
Productive With Excellent Benefits
A typical day was often fast-paced, but laid-back at the same time. I learned that working for a large corporation presented some challenges like a lack of communication between departments, particularly MIS, often resulting in stressful situations, requiring "work-arounds" to complete tasks which should have been easy. Several changes over the years, including what I would call management-by-committee seems to have slowed down the decision-making process. Otherwise, the day-to-day interaction between me and my counterparts, in other departments, was generally a worthwhile experience. And, was one of best parts of my position.
Pros
Excellent Benefits And Other Perks Like Casual Friday
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Highly demanding yet potentially very rewarding place to work.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in mining or any field which this company has positions for then this company can be a very rewarding place to work. If you apply yourself and show promise there are opportunities for advancement and you can have an exciting and fast paced career. The benefits with this company are substantial. The 401K plan in particular is excellent. However if you are just interested in collecting a paycheck and doing the bare minimum, then don't waste anyone's time working for this company. This company and the industry in which it is part demands more from it's employees than minimum effort. You may collect a nice check every two weeks and reap the other great benefits offered by Freeport-MacMoRan, but you will probably never be happy in your work, and your co-workers will probably never be happy with you.
HR nor lower mngmt can be trusted
Work environment, putting it lightly, less than agreeable.
As long as numbers are met, they don't care what goes on behind the scenes.

Stealing in maintenance is part of the culture. Report it? I witnessed theft and confronted OM6 about his theft. I was out of shop in no time. The job I was put into has no room for growth or promotion. I resigned. Harassment was under current
it k
dis place at freeport people turn on you.talk all kind of stuff bout you.like they know bout ur life.i left com-pany i feel much better.i got fulltime job with differnt company. i feel alot better.i dnt feel like i being attack.i dnt work to scared
Pros
lunch
Cons
30min
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Freeport-McMoRan?
Fun Place to work
This was a fun place to work. you worked hard but you also played hard. You were well compensated for your work. Worked as a team. Felt like you were working with family.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
laid off
I loved going to work.
Typical day in the mine waiting for the other crew to come in and get on a small van to the truck I was assigned to. Evaluating the truck undernieth and the tires making sure breaks worked, if all was in order I would start to haul. If not I would down the truck till further evaluation was done by a mechanic. Management was very helpful. The culture there was who was a bad @#@ at driving those massive trucks correctly without getting honked out by a shovel loading you. I enjoyed most about the mines where the workers helping to keep those haul trucks running.
Very good family orientated company
I loved working here. I would love to go back one day to be a environmental specialist and too assist in environmental training, implementing more environmental programs.
The back stabbing, mis treatment of employees
I worked at Freeport macmoran for 13 yrs, horrible management, they violate osha/MSHA constantly and if you bring up safety issues or unsafe and unfair acts by management they single you out and head hunt trying to get a paper trail on you.. HR is totally broken at this company.. they violate employee rights, proceed without proper investigation... This is a bad place to work..about
routine
12 to 14 hour days
self manage work

rotating shifts ( weekly)

always busy ( work days go by fast)

great opportunities for advancement

lots of travels ( 2 hours travel to and from home)
Hard to break into inner circle.
Always felt like an outsider even though I had all the training and education to perform the tasks for this job I was just never made to feel welcome.
It’s a good job
Freeport is a good place to work like any, it has its ups and downs. Lots of young kids with degrees get moved up pretty fast, but experience doesn’t have as much merit. It’s a good job though, pays good as long as you’re willing to work. Offers apprenticeship programs every couple years as well.
This is a great company to work for.
This is a good company to work for. The compensation and the benefits are great. They care about their safety culture and the work environment. They also care about their employees.
Good company
Day starting with safety focus. Tools and training are available. Work load is manageable with some personal sacrifices. Company is stable in a cyclical commodities framework.
Not a good company to work for
Poor management
Production driven

Hostile work environment

No support in career development

Safety not a priority for employees

No advancement opportunities
Great International Company
Great work environment with chance for advancement including international assignments. Challenging work and cutting edge technology grow confidence and knowledge.
Skilled trades / Union environment was one of the most exclusive entitled group I’ve ever worked with. Hazing, cheap shots & Back-stabbing was common.
One of the most Nepotistic insider cultures I’ve ever worked in. A company with more money than they can ever equitably disperse. As a middle aged outsider was afforded the least survivable environment possible. Targeting, sabotage & political assassination is their primary objective. The harder I worked & more I contributed the greater pushback & resistance created. I was released under the most elusive, subjective & hateful terms one could ever imagine. So much for working hard & being rewarded negatively. The most Spiteful group ever.
Truck Driver equipment operator
Very good company to work for. I have been there seven years, like my seven days off each month. Good benefits and decent starting pay. Put your time in and you can do anything.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freeport-McMoRan. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight