Freeport-McMoRan

Freeport-McMoRan Employee Reviews

Some days are better than others. Work can get intense some days, but other days go by smoothly and I feel I can get work done and work on projects. Managers work to ensure you can develop your skills through annual rotations to get an overall feel for the position. Very happy with where I am.
Pros
Benefits, salary, management
Cons
Days can be long, a lot of moving pieces
You only get somewhere if you are a good butt kisser or have a relative in upper management. I have more education and more experience then my management team and could not get promoted due to not having the right last name and not kissing the right bitt.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The rest
Great pay, fun job.The shift work is fun, more pay on nights than on days. They 401k match and you have tons of days off, 14 off a month. You never know what to expect coming back from days off
Pros
small town
Cons
housing is scarce
Good pay for the work I do but advancement is sketchy. Really enjoy the people I work with including my supervisor. Feel supported and valued. I would like the opportunity to advance my career.
Pros
Pay and work hours
Cons
Advancement
Bad management, micromanagement, inconsistent values. Recent restructuring in leadership has caused personal problems to affect decision making. Workplace has turned toxic
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I think the company is great overall. If you have a degree there is alot of ways for advancement. If you do not have a degree it seems you are overlooked and undervalued. Some supervisors can be great but most are Subpar. They only care about salaried employees and if you are not salaried then they could care less about you. When a furlough happens they will weed out the employees who have a voice. They will keep the "YES MEN".
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and set schedules.
Cons
Management, No Advancement for non salaried employees
Good hours and time off. I have enjoyed those I work with. Supervision is fair and wanting to help you grow. The work force here is safety minded. All want to work safely.
G99d place to workGood people Good place Good money Good money will come back to work when I get chance thank you Wow can't think of anything else (ccvgvvv
Pros
Lumch
Cons
Lunxj
Would definitely drive haul trucks again or just work with the company again. I was well paid and treated fairly.
Busted my back to get to the top of my Pay grade ..No room for additional advancement a member of the click or a Bosses Family members..A must.SPENT A LOT OF TIME IN THE PIT WITH A BUNCH OF GOOD GUYS WHO ARE YOUR LIFE AND YOUR FAMILY ..Good Career .Not the same as the rest of the world..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
HORRABLE Culture and NOTHING but Drama in the middle of Nowhere
its a good Mining company to work for, if you've never worked in mining before. The shifts are decent. Pay could be better. Management is pretty awesome to work with.
Pros
Shift work
Cons
lower than average pay for mining
Great company, some talk of safety then turn a blind eye, not Freeport, they will hold you to it. Room to advance within. Overall top notch. Best company I've worked for in 20 years.
Pros
Fair, straight forward, safety positive.
Cons
365/24/7 scheduling of any full time industry.
Good benefitsOk payFlexible schedule Nice work environment Coworkers and managers willing to help most of the time, woukd go back if there were a good opportunity
They target the new guys and gals. The older experience workers there can do what they want to your career. Your expected to keep your mouth shut everyday because of your status.
Pros
The danger signs are less missleading.
Cons
They interpret "Emoyment at Will" as an ok for wrongful termination.
The management of the company is very poorly regulated and they have huge power and disregard safety and company rules. The health plans and retirement are incredible though. Very cheap employees contribution for the health plan and excellent retirement matching only when the market is good. Company basis its pay and budget solely on market conditions.
Pros
Excellent health coverage and amazing retirement benefits
Cons
Older management, greedy company executives
Operating a haul truck it’s slides it’s difficult to keep on the dirt road feel like every time operating it I’m going to hurt someone. 75% of the time the automatic retarder is out so you have to use the retarder to slow down then the back of the truck feels like it’s going to come out from under you I have anxiety now
Pros
7 days off in a row
Cons
Long work week 3 days off 1 3 nights
Safety was the number one concern with this company. They make sure you are well trained before you start. I went through a month and a half of classes before I even stepped on site. You’re definitely not going to be thrown to the wolves. They invest in you and want to see you succeed.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Lots of overtime if you want it.
Cons
Dangerous area. Very stinky, hot, and dirty.
I have had a great time with FMI and have been given plenty of opportunity to grow as a young professional. Definitely a highlight on my resume. I had a great time here.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Bad location.
The management sucks they have it off favoritism at this company if they have it out for you they will retaliate against you for petty stuff they need better morals at this company
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Great place for the most part. But the hours are pretty inflexible, but that is made up for with the generous vacation time. 401k matching is good. Bonuses are hit or miss.
I worked there for 5 months up until I got furloughed covid 19 may 27 2020 they gave me full bennies till December 30th 2020 but they recalled me, I go back next week and yes I was one of the most bustass workers there because of this they jumped me 5 pay grades to come back and bridged my time out for seniority reason awesome company the only thing I don't like is DRUG TESTING Marijuana is legal in Colorado where I work but get caught on a drug test your gone.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Drug Policies don't break them they will terminate you
  1. Employee Reviews