Freightquote Employee Reviews

Inside freight sales
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 6, 2018
This was my first freight job. Fantastic training with a good product. At the time they were at the forefront of online shipping. Unfortunately they were very short sighted. They were transactionally based vs developing relationships. When a shipment went bad they would add additional margin compounding the problem for the customer. I always believed in taking care of the customer for the relationship instead of one sale.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Bad business model
Great Place To Work
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2018
Anyone would love working here. Plenty of opportunities to advance. If you are willing to come in and work smart, listen and learn you can excel in no time.
Fast paced lots of dialing
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2018
I wish I could have had additional training and most definitely more guidance from my manager. In my time there I had maybe two side by side sessions. Very little guidance was given and when there was some shared it was inconsistent,
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
Rigorous dials and very little freight coverage.
Respected company in its field
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2018
freight brokerage company
business casual atmosphere
workload can be overwhelming at times
good people working there
Active in Kansas City Corporate Challenge (company-wide)
Do the work, make the money.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityAugust 30, 2018
The money is there for sure. There are daily / monthly metrics you need to meet. If you are buddies with your manager, those metrics don't matter. If you are not buddies with your manager, or a senior rep, good luck. You can hit your numbers 90% of the time and get hounded about metrics, while the dude behind you is watching Netflix on his phone most of the day because he hangs out with the sales manager.
Not real sales. Meetings about meetings
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 25, 2018
If you are a real closer then this is NOT the job for you. It's really cold call telemarketing and customer service. There is no art of the deal or skill involved, just who can bang their head against a wall more without being knocked out. No actual leads or advertising (if only they advertised for actual clients as much as they do for new employees). They have decent benefits and PTO was pretty lax at least when I was there. But they have atrocious rates and garbage for carriers even after being obtained by CH Robinson. Most thought we'd get CH rates and carrier relationships but nope. Plus their website and tech is a joke for being a so called dot com company. They also don't have the capacity to go after big fish so when you do actually land a whale, they don't have the capabilities to price or service them.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Not for skilled closers or real sales people. Way too corporate feeling for a non corp job
Fun Work Environment
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 30, 2018
It was a great place to learn and develop important business and interpersonal skills. Difficult to meet sales expectations within the saturated freight market.
A good to Very good place to work
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 15, 2018
I have a good to very good relationship with all those around me. My typical day at work consists of daily phone calls to customers and potential customers. I learned to be flexible in my customer relationships. The hardest part of my job is that in the transportation arena, their RULES are different than common sense can explain, and relaying that to my customers is often confusing, and the more transparent I am with them up front makes all the difference in the world.
Great Place!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2018
Enjoyed my time here - If you're willing to put in the time and effort required to build your book of business you can make a pretty good living here.
Account Executive
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2018
They Pay is not bad but with all the work you end up doing it could be better. the work culture is great. People are great. It's sales so if you do not grind your out. Commission is tricky because you have to collect on everything you sale.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
If you dont make your numbers on sales your out.
Great competition
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2018
Great environment to work. Good competition in order to get raises. Management likes to keep ties and wont allow you to transfer to other areas if they feel you a good worker. No opportunity to promotions but can get cash raises depending on work production.
Cool place to start
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Missouri, state lineMarch 31, 2018
I really liked working at freightquote. The atmosphere was very neat and fun. Most of the time everyone was happy and laid back. As long as you work hard and put forth the effort, money can be made. Although this type of sales isnt for everyone.
Pros
cool teams, social gatherings, great benefits and PTO
Cons
Very stressful and mircro managerial if sales start to fall
Over the phone account management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Meet tenure pacing numbers, cold calling, sales and account management. LTL and Truck Load logistics management sales, must learn operating software and understand market trends.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sit too close to one another
nice place to work
SQL (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2018
working there was fine. they let me do online classes and travel for conferences.
they did a lot of food events at the office which was nice.
they also did out of office dinners
Pros
the environment was nice
Cons
the turn over rate there is above normal
Nice People, Awesome Supervisors, Stress Free Environment
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Freight Quote. My supervisor was hands down the best Supervisor I have ever had. She was very hands on, patient, and very approachable when I had questions. My co-workers were extremely nice and very helpful. I would definitelly recommend working here to anyone. The environment was stress free.
Pros
Awesome Supervisor
Cons
The pay was super low
Poor development of employees.
FREIGHT BROKER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2018
Freight quote does not invest in developing their employees, they make you feel like a just a number. The compensation is not equivalent to the stress of the job. There appears to be no room for advancement and they do not welcome diversity. Majority of the employees for good reasons appear to be stressed out and on egg shells in fear of losing their job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor commision structure, poor management and no room for advancement.
Freight Quote is a job where YOU make your sucess happen
Excecuite Sales Manager -Temporarily Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2018
All tools are given to you up front.. Its up to you to make your sucess happen. If you BS, it will bite you and it will be found out. If you work hard, be honest, you will suceede.

I recommend this company if you want to learn the insides of how to make a sucessful dispatcher, call taker, manger or the inner workings of the trucking industry. Customer service, etc. But only you can make it happen.

Good luck.

A wonderful company.
Pros
your sucess is up to you.
Cons
your failures are you giving up at the first sign of no.
Great place with new technology
Logistics Sales / Account Manager / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 11, 2018
Sales calls all day long. baptism by fire. management was decent, but if you were not part of the fraternity, you were out. Cut throat and fast paced. It was a good place to learn the industry.
Disaster
Freight broker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2018
Freightquote is a nightmare to work for. Harassment, suggestive innuendoes, and poor management. I have dozens of emails sent home asking for massages, suggestive acts and telling me to go back where I came from. Paying a company $5K to work for them a month to be treated like garbage is unacceptable. I couldn't find one person on the floor that was happy at FQ.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Stressful
Senior Truckload Coverage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 23, 2017
Constant stress. Too many points of contact that create constant confusion. Hardly any control because so many people are involved and have varying opinions. The job requirements are constantly changing, typically for the worse.
Pros
Turkey burger was good.
Cons
Stress. Little control. Constant shifts in management and viewpoints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freightquote. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight