Fremont Bank Employee Reviews

Management is great
Wealth Management Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 12, 2018
Very supportive atmosphere from your peers and management . Everyone is very family oriented and you feel valued. The pay is reasonable and there is always room for negotiation
Awesome Work Environment that Appreciates Workers
Intern, Residential Lending (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 8, 2018
It was a pleasure working for Fremont Bank. I learned so much about real estate and loved the camaraderie of the workplace. We had lots of potlucks and little parties, and I felt very appreciated. The only downside was it was often slow and I found myself with little to do, but part of this is because I was only an intern.
friendly environment......cool place to work
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 27, 2018
fun place to work, learnt a lot, good management..nothing is hard and most enjoyable are all the co-worker ...each company has good/ bad sometimes....sad is when work gets slow....layoff tension start....lol
Productive departmart
Legal Processor and Account Services (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 12, 2018
Working for this company I learned to certain jobs to advance my career. I was able to use this in my current company now. I learned how to process levies and subpoenas, check verification and ach.
Community and Service Oriented
Private Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 22, 2018
Fremont Bank is a privately held community bank. The hours are can be long depending on the role. Since it's a small firm, it is striving to improve itself technically to be more competitive, but fall short to support savvy businesses clients from time to time. Management can use some improvement as they tend to alienate team members if you're not in an executive role. There is a work/life balance if you learn to prioritize and managed your time efficiently.
Pros
Some autonomy.
Cons
CRM redundencies
decent bank
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 18, 2018
decent bank. not that great . pay is horrible and treat their employees very badly. culture is okay. bank products are horrible especially online banking
workplace
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Livermore Valley, CAOctober 16, 2018
Meeting all customer needs. supportive hands on management. My co-workers are team players. Loans being declined was hard.Closing loans for customers.
Pros
daily appreciation and recognition contest drawings
Cons
health care
It’s okay
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 6, 2018
Learned a lot while I was there, which I will always carry with me. However, if you’re not your managers favorite, you will not stay around to beat lay offs. They are great with balancing work and family life. Compensation is okay, as you don’t get paid per file and your “quarterly bonus” is $200- laughable! High stress evnivorment, and it’s a struggle to get loans done. You can send an email and not get a response, then have you manager follow up and get a reply in seconds. The internal workings need help, and so does managements. Otherwise the company is great. I wish they would get it together.
Pros
Great work and life balance
Cons
Poor management, don’t lay off based on production- favoritism is high
Relaxed and fanily friendly
Loan Agent I (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 29, 2018
Love working here and unless something extraordinary happens—I don’t intend to leave.

We could be better on the tech side and offer products in more than 2 states but overall Fremont Bank is a great place to work.

Hours are flexible. Production demands do not bleed into family time.
Pros
Flexible and relaxed work environment
Cons
Funds spent on silly gestures versus substantive perks for employees.
Stressful work place
Closing Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 27, 2018
Management had limited interactions with our team. Expectations are way too high with little training and self training take place when procedure itself is not provided. Success of good employee are not their tough priority.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
shortbreaks
Wholesale Specialty Lending Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 12, 2018
Well informed - company and market
Good Management Structure
Clear Goals and realistic
Encourages Team Players
Supportive of job growth, advancement
NA
Good opportunity if you can deal with ongoing changes
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 28, 2018
The people here care about the business. Management has seen a lot of turnover, to there is struggle to maintain a clear goals. Hardest part of this job was trying to get focus. You're often dealing with a firehose of tasks, and you need to know how to deal with that successfully.
Pros
Everyone is focused on success together
Cons
No focus to help prioritize work efforts
okay
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 20, 2018
Mortgage underwriter job duty: following the turn times, procedure to make loan decision base on Fanie and Freddie Mac guidelines.
and keeping up with new updated and learned new system as needed.
Ok workplace to be at. Friendly Employees.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 18, 2018
Big turnover especially of temporary employees when business really slows down but when it is busy, job is somewhat secure. People I worked with were overall friendly and good to work with.
Pros
frequent potlucks and good community support
Cons
high turnover when business slows down
You can't depend on you life working at Fremont Bank always laying off
Mortgage Closing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 11, 2018
I liked working there because, of the job I had to do and the work time of my job.
They need to work on there work place there in that environment.
I love what I do there to get the job done for the company as a whole.
Very good company
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 20, 2018
very good company, people are nice and they are accommodating. I would recommend this company to anyone out there. They are so flexible and kind and knowledgeable and so on
Great employer
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 4, 2018
If mortgages hadn't tanked, I would've still been working for this institution. Great benefits and people. Was actually training to be an underwriter, when things went south. Would love to learn how to underwrite again, but I gave that life up to be a nurse which I love.
Pros
great ability for upward mobility
Cons
market affects your job
Overall good enviroment
Mortgage Loan Processor Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 25, 2018
Fremont bank is a good company, I am looking to grow and work from home. The culture is very diverse. Casual but still professional. Communication could be better between dept.’s.
banking industry
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 2, 2018
Typical day consisted of daily balancing, reconciliation reports, counting the vault, preparing shipment, daily deposits, wire transfers, opening accounts business and personal.
Pros
Free checking
Cons
management
A good company to work for
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 11, 2018
There is a lot of room for learning and development with Fremont Bank. You do more work than a typical teller. The position is someone between a teller and a personal banker.