Fremont Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
You can't depend on you life working at Fremont Bank always laying off
Mortgage Closing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 11, 2018
I liked working there because, of the job I had to do and the work time of my job.
They need to work on there work place there in that environment.
I love what I do there to get the job done for the company as a whole.
Very good company
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 20, 2018
very good company, people are nice and they are accommodating. I would recommend this company to anyone out there. They are so flexible and kind and knowledgeable and so on
Overall good enviroment
Mortgage Loan Processor Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 25, 2018
Fremont bank is a good company, I am looking to grow and work from home. The culture is very diverse. Casual but still professional. Communication could be better between dept.’s.
banking industry
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 2, 2018
Typical day consisted of daily balancing, reconciliation reports, counting the vault, preparing shipment, daily deposits, wire transfers, opening accounts business and personal.
Pros
Free checking
Cons
management
A good company to work for
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 11, 2018
There is a lot of room for learning and development with Fremont Bank. You do more work than a typical teller. The position is someone between a teller and a personal banker.
Underwriting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fremont Bank very much. The culture was good and there was plenty of work. Their wholesale division was newer but much improved. Management was clear on objectives.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Wholesale division was newer so still developing
Family oriented work place.
Quality Control Specialist - Commercial Dept (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 24, 2018
It was really nice working with this company. People are great and schedules are flexible. There are always new learnings to learn. Management are approachable.
Pros
Great employee stock option
Cons
Salary is low
Fremont bank is also a good place to work
Sr. Asset/Loan Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I did enjoy my work at Fremont bank. The only problem was too far far of a commute for me to drive to livermore everyday with traffic. The health benefit was excellent.
Good work environment
UNDERWRITER (Fulfillment Specialist III) (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 9, 2018
The mortgage loans were reviewed and the required underwriting conditions were made and forwarded it to the Loan Processor to obtain it from the borrower.
Productive and fun workplace
Loan Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Everyone was nice, supportive and helpful. What I liked the most was the relaxed atmosphere. If you had a problem and needed to look for solutions there was always someone to help.
no stability
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 5, 2017
a lot of change in staff. very stressful environment. no training available but requires sales without product knowledge,lack of respect from management teams, no supports to branch level associates.
Pros
the employees that work hard to cover for those that dont
Cons
a lot of change in staff. very stressful environment, no training available but requires sales without product knowledge, lack of respect from management teams.
very stressfull very bad communication
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 10, 2017
Not a good place to work a lot of work compared to pay I do not recommend working for this company they do not recognize their people for the work you do and there's a lot of politics also communication between departments and management is non-existent
Great place
Tier 2 Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 1, 2017
Great work environment
Wonderful/Caring Co-Workers
Management is goal oriented but fair
Understanding of the need for a home/work life balance
Small company
Fast-paced environment and true Community Bank Feel
Manager, Commercial Real Estate Lending (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 18, 2017
Fremont Bank is privately owned and maintains a great small community bank feel. The primary business is residential lending; however, we do have a CRE and C&I lending group. The commercial department can operate under a lot of pressure, especially when rates are up in residential. The most enjoyable part of working in commercial is the opportunities to learn and grow your career. The most challenging part is working in a sales favored environment and being short staffed.
A job
Loan Servicing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 12, 2017
Review the files that are assigned to me. Move the ones that I can and rework the ones I cannot move. Manage the ones that are incomplete. I try my best to satisfy the Loan Officers, underwriters, and closers.
Terrible place to work
Client Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 30, 2017
Full of nepotism and arrogant leadership. Most will treat you like dirt. It is a good community bank if you can't bank anywhere else but not worth it when it comes time to get help on your banking. No room for advancement. They only hire middle wage slaves.
Pros
close to area
Cons
bad leaders
Workplace culture
Client Associate 2 (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the company is the relationships you build with your team members and clients that are regulars. Also a perk is how flexible the company is for students.
Very professional
Mortgage loan processor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with Fremont Bank. Was very professional, and the hours were flexible. I gained a lot of experience in customer service, and learned a lot about mortgage loans. The culture is very diverse which I love. The hardest part about the job was the money they really don't pay as much because living in California is expensive. I still needed another job while working with Fremont Bank and going to school.
Pros
great working atmosphere
Cons
not enough money
Diversed and Family Oriented
Director (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 30, 2017
Manage a division of 3 departments with about 20 plus employees.
Enjoy the people I work with and the culture of the company. Good place to work if you are under the right management and position.
Pros
Flexible schedule
benefits
Great enviroment
Closing Department (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 19, 2017
Great place to work. It is fun and a family enviroment amng the co-workers. In closing there are some managers that has no management experience and can cause employees to work harder than they have to.

The downside is that the pay scale is low and you can be terminated/laid off at any time. If you work at Fremont Bank do not bring your personal items for your desk. Just bring a pen. If they release you it will be done while you are at home and you will never have access to the building or your items again.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no security. you can be released without warning.