French Lick Resort Employee Reviews

Not bad
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INDecember 8, 2017
Good learing environment for entry level positions. Easy to move to different departments to try out different work environments allowing for cross trainging.
Do not work here
Cosmotologist (Former Employee) –  French lick indianaNovember 15, 2017
I was a cosmotoligist and didn't get yearly raises. In fact, all therapists never got a raise. I got paid commission and tips. The hours are every weekend and holidays. Don't expect a life if you work here.
Pros
Health insurance. 401k
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work with solid benefits.
Cage Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  French Lick, INSeptember 18, 2017
Helped to open the Casino. Developed many positive relationships with coworkers and Guests. COOK has a very bright future and the Resort has an outstanding history storied with pride. I am proud of what I do.
Pros
Employee benefits are very competitive
Cons
Working while family/friends are off
Awesome workplace
Sales Manager/Event Planner (Current Employee) –  French Lick, INAugust 20, 2017
French Lick Resort offers a ton of advancement opportunities. The management is fair and generally easy to communicate with. The people I work with are amazing!
A fun and uplifting place to work.
Activities and Recreations Attendant (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INJune 19, 2017
A typical day at the Resort honestly depends on your deparment. You can always expect to meet some wonderful people each day. I really learned what is to be part of an amazing during my time there. The management is wonderful. They are always so helpful no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job, would probably be the busy Holidays. But over all, it is a wonderful job for any legal working age.
Pros
Cheap lunches, friendly staff, and above average pay.
Cons
The black out holidays.
Do not work here if you wanna to have a life
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  French Lick and West Baden HotelsJune 12, 2017
Employees are treated 2nd rate to the guests. Be prepared to work every weekend and holiday. The part time people worked a better schedule than the full time staff. It is the opposite of what it's supposed to be....part-time staff should be working holidays so the full time can be off with properly. If one is to work every weekend and/evenings, the pay should compensate accordingly. One should not be afraid to call in sick. I had several coworkers working while being ill. We are not to work with public if we are sick.
Pros
company benefits are pretty good
Cons
working all the time; every weekend and holdiay
enjoyable workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INMay 10, 2017
The coworkers here are very friendly and supportive. They have good benefits and good pay. They run accordingly and efficiently. They have an enjoyable workplace that is great for a first job or a last job.
Great place to work.
Recruiter/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INMarch 22, 2017
French Lick Resort is an amazing place to work. I worked there for 3 years and grew so much as an individual both personally and professionally. Everyday you get to go to work at an establishment that has been open since 1845 and still has the "wow" fact after all these years. The Resort is always growing and adding new amenities for not only the guests to enjoy but also the associates.

I will not say that the Resort is flawless but they do starve extremely hard to be. Overall, the frontline management staff are the best in the business. They are always willing to jump in and help no matter what the situation is, their department or not. As for upper management, they are always growing, becoming better and better everyday. The frontline assicoates are what make French Lick Resort what it is. They are an extremely diverse group of individuals coming together for one common goal, sever the guest to the best of their ability. They are all very open-minded and accepting of everyone. The HR Team cannot be surpassed by anyone. They are some of the most compassionate, thoughtful and caring individuals you will ever come in contact with. If you have any kind of issue, may it be personal or professional, they are there for you.

To sum it up, apply and if offered a position, TAKE IT! You will not regret it!
Its good
Waitress (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INMarch 18, 2017
The staff is great. The managers need work. They are rude and very mean to the staff. They are always on their cell phones during their shift . It needs work.
Very interesting & rich in history
Attendant (Current Employee) –  French Lick, INFebruary 9, 2017
This is a very good job opportunity. Very nice, clean & friendly work environment. Many opportunities to learn new skills and jobs. Just work a lot of weekends & holidays
Pros
Only $2 lunches for all day. Many job opportunities
Cons
Work almost every weekend and holiday
Difficult culture to navigate and not employee seated.
HR Generalist/Manager (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INJanuary 22, 2017
Schedules are variable, weekends and holidays are required due to the nature of the hospitality industry. Office personnel and support functions, such as HR, typically work a Mon. - Fri. schedule.
The company can afford employees the opportunity to learn and grow. However, constant changes to employee policies currently contribute to a primarily negative atmosphere and employee disengagement. Management staff are often not qualified to be leaders and many hold no knowledge of their basic departmental functions. If an individual loves people and is able to quickly adapt and be flexible, s/he will thrive. If one prefers a more routine environment, this is not the place for you!
Pros
Employee meals at $2.00 daily, if desired. Beautiful, historic surroundings. Great employee health benefits and 401k match, as well as employee use of facilities and amenities at a discount.
Cons
Severe no fault attendance policy, terrible office politics and disparate treatment, no transparency in communication, goals and visions are known to a select few. not a cohesive, unified team.
Great people fun environmental
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  French Lick, INNovember 25, 2016
Best place I have ever worked. Friendly co workers and great benefits. Could not ask for a more fun position. Dealing and caring conversations with exciting guests.
Pros
Great amounts of breaks
Cons
Unusual hours
I loved every second
Steward (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INAugust 15, 2016
It was a great environment, the management was great, and everything ran smoothly. It was very hard work, but I had a lot of fun doing it. The company has great benefits and tons of advancement opportunities.
Pros
A simply amazing enviornment and many opportunities
Cons
Always a very busy place
fun place to work
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INFebruary 26, 2016
Great place to learn and grow at with understanding managers who know how to get the job done. I was able to learn a lot about the duties and daily skills needed to succeed as working as a guest service agent at the front desk. Also plenty of opportunities to try different departments within the resort while you are working their if you wish to try different jobs.
Doing a good job
Chef de Cuisine (Current Employee) –  French Lick, INDecember 15, 2015
Be early that late. Learning is every day aspect in restaurant business. Manage as to be fair,franc and sometime ferm.
The hardest part is to keep standard perfect and detect any issue that is not apply to it.
I enjoy to see smiles on satisfied guest. A crew that is happy to work and the reputation of the restaurant growing.
The people are great and fun: the workers, supervisors, and the quests...
Grounds keeper (Current Employee) –  French Lick, INMarch 11, 2015
I like it here. Good benefits, good people, and work is not bad. Most enjoyable part is the people : they are friendly and funny and most of the people employs and guests are quick to give ya a smile... I like that. Most days you upkeep the grounds and talk and joke with the guests. Management must be doing something right because there a lot of guests that comment on can't wait til their next visit.
Pros
reduced meals.
Cons
rains some times
Enjoyed establishing new standards
Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INJanuary 7, 2015
I was fortunate to be their during re-construction, enjoyed bringing this old Hotel back from the depths. This was a great opportunity to achieve great results with a top notch facility.
Pros
Great Historic Hotel
Cons
64 Mile drive each way
I had a blast working at French Lick if i did not live so far I would had stay the best experience i've had
internship and externship (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INAugust 30, 2013
It's a fast pace job,I learn how to work at a fast food service to a five star service,management let you work on your day off if you wanted too,they always had extra hours. co-worker were very friendly it' family orientated. the front of the house not good at but know it.Is beening in the back of the house
Pros
na
Cons
na
Friendly, Beautiful Place To Work, I Really Enjoy Everything About It
Front Desk Supervisor/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  French Lick, INJuly 28, 2013
This is a very beautiful sight, and the people there are very friendly. It was a good workplace, others helped you with concerns and questions.
Don't work here
Table games supervisor (Former Employee) –  French lick IndianaJanuary 31, 2013
I recently was employed by French Lick casino, I worked in the casino. When I first interviewed for my management position, I was promised moving expenses of $5000 never recieved that money to help me and my family relocate from il to in. Also was promised 2 months of a FREE room until I could find a place for me and my family, never happened. They gave me a room but deducted $125 a night (employee rate) from my paycheck. Another lie was my salary I was told I would be making $37.50 an hour, only to notice in all o my paycheck a they were only paying me $21.00 an hour. Now I signed documentation stating all of these promises. When complainets are filled NO ONE ever had any idea of what I was talking about "they never recieved any incident reports" or they just would never return my calls or had a family emergency so they weren't available for our scheduled meeting. In addition to their hR department not having any idea of what they are doing, the casino part is a joke, the don't have or teach any of their employees about customer service . Employees swear at the customers and are just down right rude, and if you are a supervisor or manager you can't say anything to your employees about this or you will punished. This place is a joke to work for, I would stay away!!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor leadership, favoritism, no employee incentives