Fresenius Kabi Employee Reviews

Unfair shift priority and stressful work environment
Automation Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  San Germán Municipio, PRJanuary 14, 2018
Fresenius Kabi is not bad at all. With better management, fairly decisions and growing opportunities they will have more happy employees. Every day I have to make corrections was the last shift do not do. Sometimes I do not have spare parts to make corrections and this is stressful. Friendship also make a stressful work environment because friendship is first than the work efficiency. Dispensary close at 12 AM so night shift workers have not a nurse or medicine in case of any accident or situation. You are not suppose to leave the facilities to buy food outside in the paid break and night shift do not have cafeteria available, so if you do not brought lunch or forget it at house you will have to eat vending machine food or drinks only. In resume morning shift have better quality work environment than the evening shift and evening shift have better quality work environment than the night shift. Weekend shift also have the same problems as a night shift or maybe worst because they works 12 hours without dispensary and without cafeteria. The company provide vision, audition and medical examination for free once a year. They provide personal protection equipment too.
Pros
free parking, facilities security, they make free lunch and dinner for special occasions, free turkey and cheese with ham for thanksgiving and Christmas and perfect assistance compensation.
Cons
No cafeteria and dispensary available for all shift, not fair evaluation for salary upgrades, not fair shift compensation, not consideration for night shift workers when they make activities during the next day, have a stressful work environment
Poor pay and no room for advancement
QC MICROBIOLOGY TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Fresenius is not the worst place on the planet to work. However they will pay you just above poverty wages and expect you to be happy with that. They will do everything they can to avoid giving you a promotion or raise unless you are best friends with your manager. If you get in good with management, they'll promote you through nepotism. Yearly "merit increases" in pay are a joke and barely cover inflation. Management plays favorites and promotes based on that instead of seniority. Benefits were good, and PTO was nice. Other than that, it's nothing special if you have even half a brain. You won't be challenged at this job.
Pros
Good vacation policy
Cons
Nepotism amongst managers, terrible pay, terrible raises
good place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 13, 2018
it was like working with a small family, in a good way. exciting products. career advancement is limited at this location. good work life balance. light hearted group
Pros
good people
Cons
limited in career advancement at this location
Production
Pan Washer (Current Employee) –  Melrose, ILJanuary 7, 2018
I learned how to sterilize veils before we put in the oven and to be ready to put the medicine. You need to follow the policy like wear scrub before entering in your work place. The only hard thing is if your working over night for twelve hours of your schedule. We buy lunch if we have good production during our shift.
Pros
Once we have free pizza
Cons
Collolabte fun safe environment. Stable growth.
Machine Operator, Packaging (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Thank You for the opportunity to voice some prospective. I didn't intend to leave had to move on
EXPERIENCED machine operator has good chance of advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks long hours
Very back breaking position
Chemical Compounder (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 26, 2017
The chemical compounder role was misrepresented to me as more of a Q.C. position but it's mostly just back breaking manual labor with really long hours but good pay.
Fresenius Kabi
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYNovember 22, 2017
The pay is decent, but high stress environment. There is room for advancement in certain departments, but not all. I would recommend a friend to work here.
A good place to gain experience
QA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
Decent work/life balance and job security but very little room for advancement unless a position opens up. Great benefits, but the compensation seems a little low. Good for experience but not much else
Awesome corporate culture
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 13, 2017
Everyone was great to work with. The legal department gave me cool things to work on and really wanted to see me succeed. I was invited to interesting meetings and could ask to help out with anything that sounded cool.
High employee engagement; Very low work/life balance
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 29, 2017
The company is not bad overall. Offers competitive compensation and top notch insurance. For real growth opportunities a degree is required for most positions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
12 hr shifts
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 17, 2017
Productive and challenging place to work with dedication to attract the right talent and with customer satisfaction at the core of values. Hours can be long at times but the constant focus to bring a true balance to work and family life.
Pros
Employee engagement
Cons
need larger break area
No advancement opportunities
Sr. SAP PI/PO Developer (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 12, 2017
The co-workers were all very nice and a pleasure to work with,. However, there was no advancement opportunities unless someone left or dies. Also, the compensation was not based on individual performance. It did not matter how well you performed during the year because you could only get x percent raise no matter what.
Island of misfit toys
Aseptic Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 12, 2017
The bulk of staff are rejects from other area pharmaceutical companies and it shows. The manufacturing associates are strong, which is why they see the least turnover, but support departments are anything but supportive of manufacturing. Most staffers are in a startup mentality and really have no urgency or comprehension of organizing a system of operation. The plus to that is you can not be held to a high standard because no one knows what the standard is suppose to be. Corporate keeps talking about growth and the addition of a new plant at the site but heaven help them if they depend on the same group that was responsible for botching the exististing plant operations.
Pros
Stave off poverty with a weekly direct deposit
Cons
Incompetent managment, clueless quality, pay is lowest in the area
A good institution to work
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 10, 2017
I am grateful to the company who gave me chance to work in a new environment without any prior experience. The staff and my teammates taught me to step by step to work efficiently, and acquire proper guidance.May the company flourish and be prosperous.
Pros
neat, friendly environment
Cons
12 hours night shift
N/a
Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 6, 2017
Can be very stressful at times
Not good communication skills
Not good timing on training you on your machine
Seems to be no room for advancement for some workers
Over time available, when ever you want.
MQA Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Every single day was a different scenario for an MQA Specialist which was always interesting since I always worked in different departments. Very fast pace environment sometimes didn't have time to eat lunch.
Pros
Great health care benefits.
Cons
Short handed shifts and would always be running around.
Excellent and Interesting work
Quality Documentation Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 17, 2017
They tend to keep you on as a contractor for a little too long but, otherwise, it is a great place to work.
The only complaint that I really have is the commute to the northern suburbs.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
They keep you on as a contractor a little too long for my tastes
Very good company with a clear plan for growth and profitability.
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Fresenius Kabi is a very good company with strong and clear leadership. The company is growing quickly and has a solid plan to continue this trend while also ensuring the company employees are kept informed about the business, be it performance, new products going to market or headwinds the company is facing across itself and sister companies throughout the organization.
Pros
Good communication and strong leadership.
Cons
The divisions in domestic organization are not integrated causing inefficiencies across groups.
Great Work/Life Balance
Global Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 7, 2017
I love spending time at Fresenius Kabi. They offer a great work life balance and make me feel welcome each and every day. The corporate culture is one of the best!
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
limited promotion opportunity
productive and good place to work
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJuly 17, 2017
I love working with Fresenius Kabi. it's a nice company good environment. Their benefits, training process is good. Very friendly helpful environment.
Pros
free Vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Kabi. Our community is ready to answer.