Fresenius Kabi Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
being a contractor is much of a challenge, because there are no benefits, and i can't really expand as an employee the way i want to
sanitizer (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJuly 12, 2018
working with the co workers, the supervisors are very relaxed, and very professional, interactions with other individuals is very heartwarming, and welcoming.
Pros
healthy, and very professional environment
Cons
transportation is a must
Upper management needs to be more organized
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJuly 10, 2018
Upper management needs to be more organized. They tends to rush a study only to repeat the same study later. Proper organization would from upper management would help solve issues in a timely manner.
Great work place
Aspetic Filler (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 23, 2018
It’s a great job to have, it’s a new learning experience. The only thing is they’re not reasonable with the employees when we complain about supervisors
Awesome
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJune 7, 2018
It's a stressful expected of the highest quality job. But it had to be, one slip up there could harm or even kill a human.
But the reward is a feeling of excellence. The entire management team are the best, they understand that life outside happens. They atcm with a new employee till confident that the nobs can be done by the SOPs offered.
I miss the job, the people and the state of New York
Highly recommend a place to work at on any skill level.
Decent place to work
QC Chemist II (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYMay 29, 2018
In my line of work I had a good supervisor and a task that was good for me. It is not very easy to get promotion as the company can be frugal with that, they also hire from outside instead of promotion which is an issue. Company morale is generally low among peers but benefits are nice.
Good pay, that's about it
Microbiology Quality Control Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 9, 2018
It's stressful working there - but at least it gave me the perspective to learn what I didn't want to do with my time. Only take this job if you have a lot of student loans to pay off.
Pros
exp
Cons
stress
Quality and regulatory focus needed
Quality (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 7, 2018
Quality and regulatory implementation delays. Meetings for months to discuss requirements that were implemented in pharma in 2002. Company growth focus instead of getting the existing products and systems correct.
Pros
Some good people wanting to do the right thing but blocked by management and red tape
Cons
Death by meetings. No work/ life balance. Incompetent management unwilling to listen to staff.
loved it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2018
I would have never left but the research department closed and moved to Germany. I loved the job, loved the people and didn't really mind the 45 minute commute.
Productive work place
Asembler (Former Employee) –  Maricao, PRMarch 2, 2018
Very likely to work again
Fun and desirable
Great help by the employers
The manegers were vey help full when ever i needed them.
Learned alot from employers
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks, no free lunches
Regulatory Affairs
Sr. Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working in this environment. They have an open door policy for management. They also provides great training to their employees. They have started the work from home opportunities one day a week. I believe this is a good fit for individual who are self motivated.
Pros
Open learning opportunities, management, staff
Cons
Changing procedures
Good First Expirience
COOP (Current Employee) –  San Germán, PRFebruary 24, 2018
I worked in of Puerto Rico's facilities as an Engineering COOP student and although it wasn't as work intensive as I'd like, it was a good place to learn about manufacturingg and automation.
Stressful environment.
Packaging Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Very stressful environment due to working with medicine. Poor upper management with no support to front-line supervision. Labor force runs the operation.
Pros
Great pay and working schedule.
Cons
Poor management.
Huge building
Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 8, 2018
4 buildings are connected to a long hall way. therefore it is easier to walk around even during the cold weather.

High turnover rate and a little hectic.
Stressful
Aseptic Filling Operator (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Nice place to learn. Little to no advancement for my position. Better if you have a four year degree. Everything is very important one is bound to get fired for a mistake made long ago.
Pros
good team
Cons
hope you have a good team
Unfair shift priority and stressful work environment
Automation Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  San Germán Municipio, PRJanuary 14, 2018
Fresenius Kabi is not bad at all. With better management, fairly decisions and growing opportunities they will have more happy employees. Every day I have to make corrections was the last shift do not do. Sometimes I do not have spare parts to make corrections and this is stressful. Friendship also make a stressful work environment because friendship is first than the work efficiency. Dispensary close at 12 AM so night shift workers have not a nurse or medicine in case of any accident or situation. You are not suppose to leave the facilities to buy food outside in the paid break and night shift do not have cafeteria available, so if you do not brought lunch or forget it at house you will have to eat vending machine food or drinks only. In resume morning shift have better quality work environment than the evening shift and evening shift have better quality work environment than the night shift. Weekend shift also have the same problems as a night shift or maybe worst because they works 12 hours without dispensary and without cafeteria. The company provide vision, audition and medical examination for free once a year. They provide personal protection equipment too.
Pros
free parking, facilities security, they make free lunch and dinner for special occasions, free turkey and cheese with ham for thanksgiving and Christmas and perfect assistance compensation.
Cons
No cafeteria and dispensary available for all shift, not fair evaluation for salary upgrades, not fair shift compensation, not consideration for night shift workers when they make activities during the next day, have a stressful work environment
Poor pay and no room for advancement
QC MICROBIOLOGY TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Fresenius is not the worst place on the planet to work. However they will pay you just above poverty wages and expect you to be happy with that. They will do everything they can to avoid giving you a promotion or raise unless you are best friends with your manager. If you get in good with management, they'll promote you through nepotism. Yearly "merit increases" in pay are a joke and barely cover inflation. Management plays favorites and promotes based on that instead of seniority. Benefits were good, and PTO was nice. Other than that, it's nothing special if you have even half a brain. You won't be challenged at this job.
Pros
Good vacation policy
Cons
Nepotism amongst managers, terrible pay, terrible raises
good place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 13, 2018
it was like working with a small family, in a good way. exciting products. career advancement is limited at this location. good work life balance. light hearted group
Pros
good people
Cons
limited in career advancement at this location
Production
Pan Washer (Current Employee) –  Melrose, ILJanuary 7, 2018
I learned how to sterilize veils before we put in the oven and to be ready to put the medicine. You need to follow the policy like wear scrub before entering in your work place. The only hard thing is if your working over night for twelve hours of your schedule. We buy lunch if we have good production during our shift.
Pros
Once we have free pizza
Cons
Collolabte fun safe environment. Stable growth.
Machine Operator, Packaging (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Thank You for the opportunity to voice some prospective. I didn't intend to leave had to move on
EXPERIENCED machine operator has good chance of advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks long hours
Very back breaking position
Chemical Compounder (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 26, 2017
The chemical compounder role was misrepresented to me as more of a Q.C. position but it's mostly just back breaking manual labor with really long hours but good pay.