Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Worst place to work! Run away!
Dialysis Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 20, 2018
Clinics do not follow the company mission. You could compare 2 clinics 30 minutes apart and you would think it was ran by a different company. Your experience will be based on the manger and the manner in which leadership chooses to conduct itself. The management is very corrupt.
High nurse turn over. Understaffed.
Nurses are responsible for an entire bay- Not kidding. In some clinics RNs are required to do the job of a Techinician PLUS the duties of an RN for 4 patients. This practice is unsafe, and I am shocked that surveyors have not questioned this practice.
Many procedural policies are not followed by staff.
There is a high level of favoritism. It is a “I’ll scratch your back and you scratch mine” atmosphere. An employee could suffer disciplinary action, while another receive nothing for the same offense.
Toxic work environment. Staff are pitted against one another.
Do not trust anyone. Any information can be used against you.
Clinical Managers are rarely available. It is common for a CM to arrive at 10-11 am, and stay for only a couple of hours. They interact poorly with staff or rarely ever talk to patients on the floor. Many patients had no clue who the CM’s are.
Hours are long 12-16 hours. Some nurses reporting 18 hour work days if your a Charge Nurse or if your part of a clinic that practices the 1 nurse/1 bay method.
Part-Time and PRN positions are rarely available. If you require a reduction in your work status due to personal reasons you can be threatened by management- as in having your job terminated.
There is NO family balance. They will try
  more... to convience you otherwise in your interview.
They are not honest about the expectations of the job and “sugar coat” the nastiness.
As a nurse you are worth so much more than what this company will treat you as, which apparently is dirt.
Dialysis Clinic
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  King George, VASeptember 20, 2018
Good place to work. Flexible hours. Hardest part of the job is managing the floor position with coverage and also doing the actual manager position. Most enjoyable part is working with the patients and making a difference in their lives.
Bad managment and extremely understaffed
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSSeptember 19, 2018
Understaffed in all clinics. Workload exceeds what one person can do. Overtime is not allowed unless it benefits the company and they have no other choice. Poor management and make up the rules as they go. Always changing policy and procedure. Multiple documentation entry locations. Great benefits and paid time off. Pay is decent
Benefits
Cons
Management / Understaffed
right place wrong time
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
This job was great when starting out in the medical field however I was recruited for a job that I could not decline right around the time I really started to get my feet wet.
Best warehouse to work at
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 19, 2018
I loved working here because things were very organized, everyone was nice and cool with eachother, the pay was good for me, the benefits were great and the managers were very understanding of most things.
management cares about money made-not patient care
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Medina, OhioSeptember 18, 2018
The job is very diversified. you were many hats-very busy-never a dull moment. Enjoyed that part of job. Learn many different types of software. Enjoyed working with the many vendors, docs, nurses, patients ect. PTO hours included the holiday, vacation, and sicktime. You could not always take them when requested. Drawbacks-Management -employee turnover yearly. Getting use to the many different managers-Each manager wanted to do things in different ways-not consistent. Hired as full time- depending on patients and staff-changed your hours were cut and had to go to different clinics. Not told to you when they hire. NO job security. Nurses and Tech worked hard and not appreciated. They were not able to take lunches or breaks and times worked way more then there schedule hours.
Pros
PTO-good when you could take those days
Cons
turn over in clinical managers almost every yr
Productive workplace
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Fast past work environment, employees who have been there longer have more seniority and choice in their schedules, higher management takes a while to get back to you
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent temporary position, with a wide range of responsibilities
Lease Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 18, 2018
Overall, the my temporary contract at Fresenius was intense. I worked under an incredible manager, as part of a knowledgeable team. The daily activities were easily completed, allowing me to free time up for special projects.

Unfortunately, the position was not guaranteed to go permanent, and I couldn't guarantee housing at the time. We parted on great terms at the end of my contract.
Busy Upbeat
Senior Level I Help Desk Technology Security Admin (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 18, 2018
Come in everyday to work hard. Hi volume of calls come in. Has it moments of stress but great place to work for. We have a group that is called Voice of the Help Desk which we do company outings make the Help Desk a better place
Pros
Free Lunches Voice of the Helpdesk
good company i like it
Medical Laboratory Scientist I (MLS) (Current Employee) –  8 king roadSeptember 17, 2018
very good company
i like it
i am working in a chemistry department
nice place , clean
most of employee help each other
flexible working hours
i like it
stressful
Registered Nurse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 17, 2018
the atmosphere of the center was not the best. No charge nurse for long periods of time, no time to do paperwork needed along with patient care needing to go in on days off, Requested time off granted to certain employees together over others .
Frequent trainings and reviews for quality assurance.
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I worked in the field of dialysis for 21 years. I stayed in this field due to it's many challenges and educational opportunities. I was a Licensed MSW during these years in the state of TX. When I re-located to TN, I placed my LMSW license on inactive status. I stayed in this area because I believed in the company's purpose and because of the many socially related needs of dialysis patients that I was highly trained for.
Pros
Excellent pay, flexibility, professional setting
Cons
Long hours, on-going CEU's, long drive when going to cover other facilities.
Friendly environment
Kidney Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Interacting with patients who are on dialysis and sometimes chronically ill. Promoting home therapy for patients who wants their independence and wanting to continuing thriving with their lives.
Pros
Pays for mileage
A job
Patient Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 16, 2018
just a job to work at and get a pay check. I may have changed , I dont know. Apply and see for your self. That all I know and this shuld not be a requirement
Great place to work.
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 16, 2018
Great place to work. Pay rate is okay. But overall, it's a good work and learning experience. Work and life balance is not bad at all. It just depends with management.
Expect to work hard
Certified Clinical Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 14, 2018
I liked working with most of my co-workers and patients that we cared for. Time went very fast and was a very fast paced place to work. We also had yearly training which was very nice, but felt the company did not pay very well for what kinds of work technicians had to do.
Pros
Education, learning new things all the time.
Cons
Pay not that great.
Overall good experience
FACILITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCSeptember 14, 2018
This company is awesome! The only issue I had was with management expecting you to give more than they do. Lazy and outright not concerned about the patients they way they should be. Every clinic is not the same tho. Just do your research first.
Pros
The patients are great!
Cons
The pay
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Worked very closely with multiple different nurses to accomplish one goal and that was to ensure that all patients were successfully dialyzed. I learned how to properly cannulate patients with different ESRD. Management was friendly. The workplace culture was diverse and the hardest part of my job was leaving the company.
Pros
Great 401 & benefits
Cons
Poor salary
Patient Care Tech
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Your work day starts off with getting your machines ready for your patients, putting them on, monitoring their vital every 30 minutes throughout their treatment time. you are constantly on your feet 8hrs or more.
Pros
hours
Cons
limited time with family
Good place to work if you are single or have older out of school children.long hour 12 plus.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Kutztown, PASeptember 12, 2018
Good company .Staff works well together and will support each other. Long hours not good if you have small children you will work 10 to 12 hours or more..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

48out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fresenius Medical Care.