Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Found 2,910 reviews matching the search See all 3,334 reviews
Job Culture Is Horrible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 21, 2019
Stay away, unless you love drama, cliques and feeling like an outsider. Management does not have your back, no matter how many times they tell you. In the beginning when you first get hired it’s great; everyone is friendly and nice in your face but once you start working your regular shift? You get treated like a dog. Especially if you are different. They usually don’t like people that “aren’t like them”. The older techs are set in their ways and will rarely help you if you need it. People LOVE to talk about you and your personal life you tell your manager behind your back. There are no real friends here.

The patients are wonderful though. You create a bond with them that is unlike no other.

If you want to work in patient care, I would definitely reccommend a different company. Fresenius prides itself on being the “standard of dialysis” but it really isn’t, there are better places.
Pros
Patients
Cons
The culture, insurance, feelings of not being wanted, non supportive environment
Great patient relations
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  North Port, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Fast paced, family oriented with the pts because you see 3 times per week.
Poor managers at times
Benefits are awesome. Has facilities everywhere. You get compensated if you travel to other facilities.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Breaks get interrupted
Poorly run
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 18, 2019
When you thought the management could get no worse, it always did. Individual staff were great but as a whole, bad staff were allowed to continue. Mgmt. was the WORST I have ever worked with or for.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centreville, MSJanuary 18, 2019
You sit there and answer phone calls and meet the patient needs in every way possible. Its a relaxed job and none stressful. The hours are really flexible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great pay but crazy hours.
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 18, 2019
Job could be stressful at times, working lots of hours between several facilities. Equipment breakdowns could be sometimes stressful when having multiple dialysis machines down at different facilities. Worked a ton of hours, there were weeks that I averaged between 80-100 hrs.
Dialysis
Exempt Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2019
If you love dialysis then this is a great place to be. If you are interested in dialysis this a great place to learn. They have many competent people that love their job.
Pros
great if you love routine
Azura
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2019
If you want to be over worked and under paid then this company is the place to be. Rules change daily and management is terrible. They are sneaky and don't care about their employees.
Stay away
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Unknown to me when I was hired, I was hired to clean up a huge mess. The previous biomed was terminated after it was found out that dialysis machines and water treatment system had not seen any maintenance or proper repairs for a year. Documentation was non-existent, the dialysis machines were in total dis-repair, and the water treatment system was failing lab testing for high bacteria and endotoxins. I was promised a substantial raise in pay after completing the biomed certification training and testing. I was informed that this would take about 1 year. In a six month period, I repaired all the machines and got them all running properly and safely. I cleaned up the water treatment system and got everything to pass lab analysis. I also completed my certification training. I was then informed that the raise that I was promised was no longer available and I could look forward to my 1.5% raise at my annual review. I held a meeting with the area manager who made this decision and after discussing everything with him, told him to stick the job where the sun doesn't shine and left to work for Novasyte.
Pros
non
Cons
Long hours, no reward.
management
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 15, 2019
I loved what i was doing as far as the job. but it was a very hard job and as a new employee you needed help and management and other staff was not willing to help out so you can learn and be able to do the job correctly.
Pros
job training provider by company
Cons
seasoned staff was not friendly and rude when you needed help with the job.
Great place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 15, 2019
Great team of co-workers to work with. Everyone helped each other out to keep a good flow going. Was nice getting to know some of the patients over time.
Fun energetic place to work
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Face paced enviroment with great benefits, however the hours are long, but the tech and patient relationship is a plus. Management is vert supportive, there is room for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, And pto
poor management
Clinical manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2019
expectations of staff are higher then that of management. Required to work greater then 12 hours a day. Expectations of call is greater then 12 hours
I love my job
Registered Nurse Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 14, 2019
As a clinical manager you are mid level management and it can be very stressful day to day I transferred back to charge nurse and it is much less stressful. My Director of Operations were great to work for. I would recommend Fresenius to anyone who wants to be apart of a great organization
Pros
Benefits were great
nice place to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
nice place to work and great learning place I was staff nurse as well loved the one on one with patients all clinics are different. I have been to a few helping out at other places . I think they have the patients in mind when decisions are made for them. I like the dynamics of the job,
Pros
great learning
Disconnected leadrship
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2019
More interested in the bottom dollar than staff or patient concerns. Training was very limited and the expectations unreasonable
If you do not care about your personal life, safe work environment, then this is the place for you
Cons
Work/life balance
Summary
Liaison between the beneficiary, provider (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 13, 2019
I was in charge of collecting over $10 million open A/R from different companies, I was responsible for over 12 collectors and over 15 healthcare companies invoolved in this process.
Great company. Stressful department
Post Market Surveillance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Worked at Fresenius for many years in various roles. Great support from management on the clinical side. Business side was much different in the department I worked which was unfortunate. Made a lot of great friends - employees were very collaborative. Management was the issue.
Pros
good opportunities for advancement
Cons
Management treatment of employees.
Management Sucked
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 11, 2019
I suggest anyone to never apply at Fresenius North that is the worst dialysis clinic ever management is barely there the nurses does most of her work the turnover rate is extremely high due to the fact employees quit due to lack of management being responsible for her actions instead of blaming them on everyone else and always being negative about everything
Pros
they paid your tuition if you decided to go to school but only for nursing
Cons
a horrible place to work at
Okay Place to Work
Senior Interface Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 11, 2019
The work environment for this company is very sterile. Everyone was in open cubicles, but it was so quiet in the building that you could hear everything that everyone was doing around you (phone calls, socialization, typing, etc).
Great company for training purposes
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2019
Fresenius gave me the skills needed to become a dialysis tech. The experience opened up a lot of nursing opportunities. Phlebotomy comes to mind here! I was dealing with nursing school as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss