Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Management needs to be reviewed
Project Manager, Software QE & PM Group (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 20, 2018
Company is growing but not paying attention to staff. Management needs training and understanding of the concept "a happy employee is a motivated employee".
Good benefits
PD SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 19, 2018
When I started working here the call center was relaxed but within a year the job got double the stress due to legal reasons and we were extremely understaff. Management refused to hire more people and every day we were under water. Mandatory overtime was eventually added regardless your situation. This can be good if you do not have kids, or going to school.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Good Place
Patient Accout Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 19, 2018
Good place to work. Good training and preparation for things you have to do on a daily basis. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for something in the medical field.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNJuly 19, 2018
Great staff
good benefits
great opportunity for advancement
would reccommend to friends
flexible schedule
multiple locations to work at
very rewarding job
Manager overwhelmed and takes it out on the staff
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 19, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for my patients. I try to make their day special while always trying to put a smile on their faces. I was lucky to have good teammates whe we all worked together to make each others day easier the best way we could.
It’s a great place to work with great patients
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2018
I have learned a lot since joining the Fresenius team. The staff is knowledgeable, management is really great. I also enjoy the comrodity between the patients and staff.
Pros
Working with knowledgeable people
Cons
Big facility
Constant turnover, inadequate staff,
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 17, 2018
As with many nursing jobs this one too suffers in the staffing department. PTO accumulates and is nearly impossible to take without feeling like you are negatively affecting the entire team. The area where I am refuses to hire a float pool to mitigate the problem and so about every 6 months we wind up so severely depleted that a huge hiring spree happens. Unfortunately due to the long months of training a new hire cannot work independently for about 6 months. This leads to burnout followed by additional attrition. On top of the staffing issue this company loves its pet projects to improve or keep up with government requirements. Many of these projects are necessary in the complicated world of healthcare but there are many that are not and only serve to have the staff jumping constantly trying to adjust to programs and procedures that are completely unnecessary. So that is the negative. As far as the people are concerned, the teamwork is second to none. The leadership training is second to none. The care for our patients is paramount and unparalleled. At the end of the day the company is trying to turn a profit and trimming the fat is common.
Pros
Training, Caring, Teamwork, Benefits
Cons
Long stressful hours, turnover, manning.
Rewarding job with long hours
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJuly 16, 2018
Pay is decent, long hours that were at time chaotic. Can develop great relationships with patients and staff if one has the right attitude. Very fast work pace; not for the weak hearted.
you'll learn a lot about Dialysis.
Pros
good pay, excellent patient care
Cons
hectic; chaotic 12-15 hour days
Great company to work
Biomedical Equipment Technician I (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 16, 2018
They are different from most companies that I have worked in that the have a culture of job performance improvement rather than punish and discard. I always felt like I had or could everything I needed to do my job.
Pros
flexable
Cons
pay on the low side for biomed
Company promise a wonderful place but still havent found it
CCHT (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 15, 2018
The company is more worried about making money verse having the proper crew to work the floors, they will drive you in the ground to make a nickel. The company hates when you have to take off for medical and they hound you daily when you are coming back because the clinic manager is more worried about their yearly bonus verse running their crew short handed everyday. Also TAP is going to kill someone some day. If tap is high they will send someone high and the other employees have to split those patients on top of what they already have.
Stressful and you not acknowledge you work there
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJuly 15, 2018
Favorite is number one! No individual recognition. Increase of salary is 25 cents but other gets a bonus of $2000-$3000.Negative environment. After 5 years still can not move up .
Pros
Free coffee .
Productive and Fast Paced
EXUDES EXEMPLARY CUSTOMER SERVICE THROUGHOUT UNIT (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJuly 14, 2018
I felt while I was employed here with this company and at the clinic I worked at, I was able to have a good schedule and also be able to have flexibility to continue my education. I enjoyed my time at the clinic I worked at and the boss I had was very incredible and made sure anything I needed or time I needed was granted.
Pros
paid time off, benefits, and my boss.
Cons
early shifts, but you get used to them
Good people on the line.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 12, 2018
Having to pay for out holiday par is an outrage. And the fact that we have to work over time while office people and management dies not is unfair. And having no choice but to work on holidays while again, management doesn't is unsettling.
Helping others is all in the heart.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 12, 2018
Fast pace job, learning new things in the medical office and treatment floor. A great job for advancement in receiving certifications in the medical field.
Pros
Paid medical leave
Cons
Working long hours38, 000
Overall a good company, I was at a disadvantage due to management situation.
CCHT hemodialysis technician (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, ALJuly 10, 2018
I feel like it's a good company overall. I think the pay should increase for what the pct or CCHT job responsibilities and requirements involved. It's a very stressful job and in all honesty, you either like it or you don't. It's not for just anyone. I love what I do but am very unhappy at the current clinic I'm at which falls under management along with other staff members. I'm actively seeking employment with another dialysis center or hoping to transfer to a different clinic with fresenius.
Pros
I like what I do
Cons
I'm unhappy at the clinic I'm.currently at
Greatful for opportunity.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 10, 2018
Greatly broadened my work experience as an RN, specifically in caring for patients in their homes and working closely with family members and all providers, which were all essential in providing successful patient care.
Summary
Registered Nurse (license inactive) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 10, 2018
Extremely poor management who are only concerned with receiving payment from the state or other insurance companies. Very little emphasis placed on honest empathy and patient care.
Love my job
Rn (Current Employee) –  Wincjesyer, KYJuly 10, 2018
I love my job and the pts. Management is good, good benefits. Pay is good. Overall great place to work. Many benefits offered. Management always looking for ways to keep staff.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Travel
Unorganized and very bad management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2018
Overall the company isn’t good. From Human Resources down to facility management. Very unorganized . The only part I enjoyed was the patients. They where very friendly and loving
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Management was the worst
fast pace. sometimes disorganized; poor upper level support
Dialysis RN ; Acute Dialysis RN / Ed Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL; Weslaco, TX; Mission,TXJuly 10, 2018
New employee classes and clinical instruction; staff support

Coordination of class and clinical instruction

Poor. PCTs run the floor

click groups

Enforcing clinical infection control protocol

7a - 5p hours
Pros
Good hours as education coordinator and clinical coordinator
Cons
frustration with keeping up with the rapid pace of ongoing staff update in-services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

48out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fresenius Medical Care.