Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

United States6,244 reviews

Found 6,244 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,061 reviews
dialysispatientclinicpctkidneyfmcnursetreatment

Very Productive place to kick start your career

Very Productive place to kick start your career. They offer all the tools you need to quick start your career. In house training programs are job related and also very up to date.

What is the best part of working at the company?Mission and teamsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Finding nurse and tech coverage What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Culture in theory is good, upper management is very two faced and not very supportive.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Long hours, fast pace, can be very stressful depending on staffing and patient schedules.

Fresenius Medical Care insights

Based on 3,845 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Overall a good job but you are not guaranteed hours.

You are not guaranteed hours if patient intake is low. As early as 430 am to 4-5 pm. The company isn’t terrible to work for it’s them making you go home early everyday and not able to accommodate workable hours if there census is low.

Good company!

Good company to work for. Staff is nice. Constantly changing for better. Excellent benefits with generous PTO and extended sick leave. Competitive pay.

Very independent self guided work environment

With time all promises and workload changes. They change policies to aid their profit needs not patient/ staff safety needs. Loyalty to company is not taken into account.

The patients

Long hours, overwhelming and overworked. You get there around 4:30am and don't leave until after 5:00om. Zero work life balance. And it's really had to get a day off.

I would not recommend this company.

The company does not support their RN’s or PCT’s. This company is all about money. I prefer working for a company who cares about the patients and their safety and wellbeing.

What is the best part of working at the company?The BenefitsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Local upper level management who doesn’t care about individuals What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Always short staffed and if you’re not a preferred clinic you get no help from upper managementWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful and shorthanded

Great management!!

I love to work for NWI acute team. Well managed, good compensation plus critical needs pay especially during busy time. Fair assignments. Everybody is very supportive in this team

Not at all

I found it difficult to work with staff as well as clinical manager. Staff was late,they did not provide the best care for the patients and we did not support each other as a team.

A decent place.

Fresenius definitely has a lot of advantages for employees but poor insurance and micromanaging bosses can make it difficult to enjoy your job. Pay is on par with other employers. They do offer great PTO.

I only miss helping people

I loved the work that I was doing, some of my coworkers and my patients. The one thing I can say that at the time I was working there it was a lot of favoritism. There was also no where to decompress. I feel like in healthcare industries there should be a place to have a moment if needed because the job can sometimes be overwhelming to a person's mental

Pros

helping people and caring co workers

Cons

no pathways to advancement up the ladder, at the time the pay sucked for the amount of work you do, favoritism

Very high stress management on all levels was disappointing. Not patient oriented whatsoever all about quota and money.

Honestly the time I worked here was a great place to work until they started introducing technology into our time slots. 15min to put a patient on sometimes only having less that 20 minutes in-between patients. On top of all that if we are verbally abused by patients the management do nothing about it. So if you don't care to work in a place where you're never good enough not compensated well by any means and more than likely working back to back 12s (which 99.9% of the time turn into 15, 16 hour shifts) then go for it. I HIGHLY DO NOT recommend. That whole company needs to re evaluate what they actually stand for.

What is the best part of working at the company?Potential for overtime, potential to have further education paid for, and the education class.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?People call out all the time and are never held accountable for their actions. This means that you were put at unsafe and not recommended patient/staff ratios. I quit that job for that exact reason. Almost every Monday at least one and sometimes 2 people would call out. This would make the environment hostile at times as well. All the FMC clinics were like that around. There was also a feel of dishonesty. I’m not sure if that was every clinic. When you’re asked to treat someone with commercial insurance better than someone who didn’t have it…. That didn’t feel ethical either. That is stressful. When you expressed your concerns and it just seemed to get worse. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?At the clinic that I worked at, they celebrated birthdays and would do a luncheon a couple of times a month. But the environment could be really toxic at times. People were not held accountable for their actions, call outs, break times, but then certain people were overly held accountable. But I am unsure if that was just the particular management I dealt with. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Arrive early because I was unsure if all the staff would show up and I may have to do someone else’s job in addition to my own. Start by doing all the checks that needed to be completed. Make sure all the lines were hung and primed. Set up -

No structure

The company seem ok but management doesn’t seem to care for new employees. Expectations are to high or they are in need of new employees to start working on the floor with little experience.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

No approved vacation/pto. Schedule changes ever week.

Low compensation for dedicated/seasoned employees

Over worked, underpaid, frequent staffing shortages; 0.5 to 2 percent yearly raises to look forward too. I'm so glad I decided to leave; finally, being compensated what I'm worth & deserve d/t my years of experience.

World's leading provider of dialysis services

Generally I enjoy coming to work and caring for my patients. The patient load is manageable. The hardest part is working with others who do not share the same team spirit as myself. Often find myself doing most of the work which extremely frustrating. Also find many others don't really care about patients wellbeing. Many are there just for a paycheck.

Routine but very fast paced.

Training is around 3 months, I suggest trying to involve yourself and matching your preceptor’s pace as much as you can. After training, you’re on your own but people do help you — just don’t get used to it. Time management is HUGE to getting used to things.

Terrible work/life balance.

If you want don't need a work life balance this is your place. Love to save lives under poor management and high stress? You'll adore working for thus company! Want to work on your days off? Oh honey, they'll eat you up! If you don't mind getting your schedule changed all the time, then by golly that's great.

Horrible place to work

Fresenius is an overly stressfull job with bad management. Bad hours, Inconsistencies in the schedule. Constantly changing schedules. Very underpaid for the amount of work you do at this company as a PCT.

Long hours, management only cares about work getting done. Poor annual raises

Long hours. Poor annual raises. Understaffed. Very difficult to maintain lifestyle balance. Difficult to maintain communication with upper management. Undervalued staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight