Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

Great Company with a good cause
Collections/Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Fresenius Medical Care is the largest dialysis company that really focuses on patient care which is their main priority. They work with patients on A/R balances and is always conscious on the patient's experience.
Pros
Great Benefits and Great Cause
Cons
Few local opportunities outside of patient care
Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 19, 2018
Fresenius is a great place to work. Great atmosphere. Greate people. I would recommend it to anyone. I learned a lot at Fresenius, from a lot of different people. The hours are flexible and the job security is fantastic. Job advancement is execellent, depending on what department you work in.
Fast paced
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2018
a typical workday starts at 4am. Its a very fast paced work environment. You never stop moving. Honestly for the amount of work you do and how much you learn the pay compensation is not alot
Pros
hours are flexible
Cons
pay not enough
Fast paced, Stressful
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Green, OHJanuary 19, 2018
I liked my job. The job itself was great. It was fast paced, but stressful. I didn't like the feel of the environment. Working with mostly women felt very clicky to me and hard to fit in. Management seemed fair and balanced.
Pros
Pay, Management, Job Itself
Cons
Environment
We get our work from the Team Lean and work together to get it done. How to read a EOB, working with Insurance Company. My manager always had an open
CASH POSTER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2018
We get our work from the Team Lean and work together to get it done.

How to read a EOB, working with Insurance Company.

My manager always had an open door policy.

We as a workplace were trained to work together.

End of month.

To see how we can pull together as one and get it all done.
Pros
They take you on a summer outing
Cons
Supplies could be better
Summary
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Love this job, it was a great place to work, the environment was very flexible. Would recommend this to anyone who is willing to start out with dialysis.
Fun to be around
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Helping patients it's what I love most, work as a team and give my ideas to others helps also management work as a smooth and relaxed work environment. Staff were great with patients and patients were great with us
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Nice work environment, great company to work for! Healthcare benefits, Pto, and plenty compensation. Ability to work in fast paced environment and learn new things
very stressful position
RN TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2018
very stressful job as a registered nurse. lack of control over patients with technicians not working as team players. technicians performing duties outside of their scope of practice.
Pros
lunch breaks given
Cons
long hours, no team work
Fast paced work environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hospital in FloridaJanuary 18, 2018
Absolutely poor management, favoritism, poor training, management knowingly tolerated unsafe patient care. Punitive actions against co-workers attempting to find support to resolve unsafe patient care situations. Policy and procedures in place, but were many times disregarded with silent toleration by management.
In summary, not a good place to be.
Pros
Nothing really comes to mind
Cons
High staff turnover
A job spent helping people
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 17, 2018
My work helped keep people alive. It was stressful and sometimes very difficult. I enjoyed meeting patients and keeping them safe during their dialysis treatment by performing my technical role to the best of my ability. I was constantly learning and working with wonderful people.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Sometimes long hours, being on call
Steady and reliable job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2018
This one of the jobs that i had that i absolutely loved. The day started early, and it was a go when you first get there. The coworkers were really nice and helpful. The patients were great. There were some difficulties in the management staff, but all in all the job was great. The hardest part of the job is that you get really attached to the patients and when their lives expires. The most enjoyable part of the job is that dealing with the patients and making a difference in their lives. Seeing them feel better.
Do not do it
Picker (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJanuary 16, 2018
this placel is a joke for a job. They will double your workload daily and never compensate for the hard work. The management and supervisors are a joke.
Fast paced place to work.
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJanuary 16, 2018
It can be a very rewarding place to work if you are able to quickly catch on. The interaction you will have with patients is priceless. Nature of job can create tension between employees and employer.
Pros
Benefits package, patient engagement.
Cons
Extremely fast past, technician errors could lead to patient illness or worse (in some cases), extreme work load.
Autorcratic Culture
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Management is always squeezing for more profits. Workers have no input into decisions made, just do as you are told. For promotions you often have to move to another area. Not benefits to be a present employee when applying for promotions or lateral moves within company. There is not much camaraderie within the company which really impacts on job satisfaction. Patients are not happy with their health problems and often take it out on employees.
Pros
It is a job with growing demand
Cons
Large impersonal corporation, primarily gov't reimbursement.
Great place to become a leader
Medical Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day consists of helping patients with case management issues such as insurance, benefits, teaching them about dialysis, sending records to transplant hospitals to ensure patients get listed for transplant, offering counseling to patients who are depressed or anxious, helping people problem solve and find resolutions to everyday life problems, working with staff to help patients and putting out fires such as problems with transportation or patients not getting along with staff. I learned a lot about how diet and medicine help patients prevent hospitalizations and death, learned and became an expert at motivational interviewing. Middle Management is very hands off however, seem stressed to meet deadlines and meet scores. Upper management is very disconnected from clinics and seem to have very little clue as to the effort it takes to complete the basics, they always come up with more little tasks and agendas for us to start. The workplace culture is warm and friendly, we treated the patients like family, we valued dignity and self determination while persuading patients to do what was best for their health. Hardest part of the job was trying to convince the patients to attend all their treatments so they remained healthy and sometimes ultimately seeing patients pass away due to unhealthy habits like skipping treatments, smoking or not watching their diet and fluid intake. The most enjoyable part is that you see your patients 3 times a week so you build great rapport. I would have stayed here forever however, having a caseload of 140 patients wasn't fair to the patients  more... as their is no way any one person can truly take care of all these patients in one 40 hour workweek. The schedule starts at 4:00 am and the last patients get put on at 7 p.m. MSW have no upward mobility and there are no lateral positions at all.  less
Pros
benefits, salary, pto, 401k match
Cons
unreasonably high case loads, with no help
Fun place to work.
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR 97006January 15, 2018
learned to manage time, job is rewarding, co workers and managers are awesome. a good place to work, hours can be flexible. people are nice and supportive
Na
Dialysis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 15, 2018
Personally, my management was horrible. Lack of advancement, extremely LONG hours and you usually work alone. Pay is decent within this level of education.
Great Company!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work! The staff is friendly and it was like my second family!! This is that one job you wish you never left! The patients are awesome and appreciative. I would highly recommend this company!
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
Very fast paced
Unpleasant work area
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  SCJanuary 12, 2018
Management is running off long time employees. They are biased, and disrespectful to staff and patients. They give staff unrealistic time lines to get things finished. They continually intimidate the staff. They would tell you to do something instead of asking you to do it. Until new management took over, the clinic was a wonderful, happy pleasant place to work. Undercompensation was ok because the work enviornment was so pleasant.
Cons
short breaks, disrespectful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.