Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews for Clinical Technician

Ratings breakdown
Found 87 reviews matching the search See all 2,981 reviews
Gives you experience and Really Long hours
certified clinical hemodialysis technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
A typical day at Fresenius would start at 4 am if you were the opener and 5 am for the rest of the staff. Everyone has 30 minutes to set up two dialysis machines and have your first two patients materials ready. By 730 am all four patients should be on their machines. With each patient, we had to enter in data, consisting of weight, the fluid being pulled, date of birth, previous weights and current weights. Fresenius taught me time management and how to be prepared for the next shift in a timely manner. The work environment is very fast-paced. The hardest part of this job would be trying to get your patient ready to leave and all of sudden their arm starts to bleed. At times the patient may have had a good hold on the site, but there are occasions where they are weak and their finger slips. My most enjoyable part of the job is my patients, I love being able to help them, talk with them, and aid the nurses in reinforcing diets, care plans and watching their fluid intake. This was the most rewarding part of my job seeing my patients happy.
Pros
Free Lunch when there is a staff meeting, great benefits
Cons
Short staffed
Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 5, 2018
A great place to work and a typical work day is fast-paced. I learned a lot while working here. The management is awesome and very helpful and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
High volume turn overs.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INMarch 26, 2018
I worked for company for almost 10 years. Vacation was hard to get due to always short on techs. High volume turn around within company for all techs,nurses, managers, due to being short staffed all the time, no one wanting to work. You would have to work all day if staff called in because the managers would not work the floor to allow you to go home. So you might be there without breaks, lunches.
fast paced, monotonous
Clinically Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 13, 2018
Overall great place to work. Pretty competetive benefits package, small facility, fewer employees. Workload is not very heavy but it is monotonous as a CCHT.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Monotonous
Clinically Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NCMarch 13, 2018
Days are long with prolonged standing and constant movement at times, but while patients are on treatment there is time to sit and gather materials as needed.
Hemodialysis tech
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 12, 2018
great work experience. They taught me on the job and was a great place to work for. The work schedule is erratic and hours are as well. I enjoyed working with the patients on a regular basis.
Not enough pay for the demand and responsiblities!
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Mora, MNMarch 5, 2018
Good taste of nursing and a ton of learning experiences. You have to be collaborative,understanding, hard working and ready to be a team player. It's very long hours and pay is OK!
Over all a decent place to work, sometimes feel like you're working with family.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2018
I will give my last position with Fresenius a 7star review. It was a great atmosphere to work I enjoyed the group of PCT's and RN's that I worked with. I also enjoyed being able to interact with some of the patients to try to keep their spirits up and help keep them informed as to what's going on or how they are doing.
Pros
Teamwork, continuing education.
Cons
Heavy lifting, too short breaks.
Enjoyable
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working here, friendly environment. Very fast pace job, long hours, but very rewarding. Dealing with the patients was definitely my favorite part about the job!
Good benefits and nice people.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there. The management team was very helpful and made working there safe. People were very friendly and patients were extremely pleasant.
Very fast paced workplace but very rewarding
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fresenius Medical Care in Memphis, TN. I had to leave because of a leg injury which prevented me from long periods of standing. I would recommend working in dialysis. It is very rewarding.
Pros
Benefits, helping people
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, patients pass away sometimes
stressful, quick paced cut throat environment
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 26, 2017
Was happy to learn a new career however my manager made me never want to go back to dialysis.The overall success of a unit requires a manager with skills to run a unit with patients and employees in mind. You have to think something is not right when the turn over rate is extremely high.
Pros
salary is good, sundays off, decent benefits
Cons
long hours, Clicky environment, manager favorites
hardest work i have ever done
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 18, 2017
CPR and BLS certifications. Pre and post vitals/calculation weights and target goals, Education on ESRD and PT involvement in dialysis treatment, Cannulation of Fistula or Graft. Emergency response/treatment termination, Biological/chemical waste disposal per state mandate, Machine troubleshooting/set up and programing/disassembly and reset, Strict policy and procedure adherence for MD orders, Disinfect and testing of RO/city feed water systems. Bicarbonate/acid preparation testing and distribution, System disinfection and PH monitoring. PH/conductivity meter calibration and maintenance.
Pros
helping people
Cons
corporate culture
Productive and positive place to work
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 13, 2017
I was new to the healthcare environment at twenty years old but this company has by far been the best company I have ever had the privilege to work for. It was a positive 6 years of my life.
Pros
clean, professional environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
Fresenius is a good company.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 7, 2017
As a Patient Care Technician, the days a long and fast-paced. There isn't any room for advancement. Constant patient interaction can be very rewarding, but sometimes challenging. It's a difficult job to get the hang of, but once you do, it's pretty simple.
Ccht
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2017
I have worked as a CCHT, Clinical Certified Hemodialysis Technician for three and half years. I have archived my certificate from the Board of Texas Nephrology Nurses. My job indicates to set up the dialysis machine. Initiates and discontinues dialysis treatment of all assigned patients. Monitor patients throughout their hemodialysis treatment, including vital signs, machine checks, and emergency intervention and tends to miscellaneous patient needs. Managing emergency situations during treatment. Charting of treatment information, routine test, Health Education and performance of lab assignment. I also possess a Certified Nurses Aid and CPR license. I always enjoyed my job.
not sure
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 28, 2017
Work extremely long hours long days but benefits are great. the management was a little poor. but sense has improved I heard since I left. hourly pay was poor for he amount of work that was done.
benefits
Review
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 14, 2017
The job itself is a fulfilling and enjoyable job.
This job becomes highly un-ejoyable when corporate gives the technicians more job responsibilities and a higher patient load, with no extra pay or any kind of compensation for the changes and extra work that needs to be done.
Great team environment
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 27, 2017
Great opportunities. Educational reimbursements. Lots of educational opportunities. Team work environment. Room for advancement. Opportunities to teach others.
Not much room for advancement
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2017
I worked here for 9 years. I do love the company. There's not much room for advancement unless you are will to go back to school. Dialysis is a rough career at first. You either love it or hate it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss