Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews for Dialysis Technician

Ratings breakdown
Found 158 reviews matching the search See all 2,987 reviews
its a good place if its your style
Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDJune 28, 2018
you deal with old and debilitated patients. If you like that kind of work then this job is for you. you deal with the same patients on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and the same patients on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
Changing Culture
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 4, 2018
I was at the facility for 1 year and there were 3 different managers. The patients and job were awesome, but management was unpredictable. I don't think my experience is well rounded. This facility was in rough area and management seemed troubled at all levels.
benefits
Cons
consistency
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJune 1, 2018
fresenius is a good place work ,you leand how to operated kindney dialysis machins and monitored your patients during the dialysis procedure and there vital signs.
fast paced environment
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33613May 22, 2018
Fresenius has a very high standard of excellence, and I learned a lot while I worked there. often struggled with keeping the team staffed, maybe because of the high expectations. The pay was a little non competitive.
Okay Place to Work
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OH 45365May 20, 2018
Overall the job was okay. Lots of training had to travel over two hours for training two to three time a wee, then had to pay for your own hotel would pay you back. Not worth the low pay.
Favoritism
CCHT dialysis tech (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
I dont like all the favoritism, and there is alot there, always passing on people to move up, this is really not about the company as a whole, but management, management is the issue, with favoritism,
Great company to work for I've been with the company for about 18 years now and enjoy it as if it was my first day everyday. I love what I do.
Dialysis technician II (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 27, 2018
Very Productive and fun to work here. We bond pretty well and help each other through any situation. Pretty good team here. The education is very informative. The benefits are great, the hours are good and the team work together. Worked other places before here and I must say Fresenius make sure you are well informed and trained on how to properly do your job.
Pros
The nurses or charge nurse will often cook breakfast for the team to show appreciation .
Great place to work, just lack of hours
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INApril 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference in someone's life. All days included taking patient's vital signs, setting up machines, troubleshoot issues with the technology, and placing each patient on dialysis machines. I learned a lot about prioritizing patient's needs. The hardest part of the job was making sure all patients got on the dialysis on time, since some would show up late to their scheduled time. My workplace culture was overall a positive environment to be in.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
lack of hours
Don't work for this company. Especially El Cajon location! Run!
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 28, 2018
This company is horrible! They want workers to follow policy & procedure but they don't give enough time in between patients. The pay is nothing for all that you do there, it is just ridiculous. Please people dont make the mistake to work for this company. Not worth it!
Fresinus was a good company
Hemo-dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 18, 2018
How the manager helped me when I fell and hurt myself was very inconsiderate and unhelpful. I had to take myself to the ER in extreme pain . It took a week before anything was done.
Great Advancement
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 8, 2018
The company with reimburse you for schooling if it relates to the medical field. Will also basically give you a job after the said schooling and will work around your school schedule.
Goals hard to meet
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2018
I love my coworkers and Manager, but the company as a whole asks too much of few people that have to take care of very sick patients. Goals are hard to meet.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Not enough staff
great place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 21, 2018
What a great place to work. The staff is very friendly and the work life vs. home life is fantastic. everyone is willing to back you up when you need a hand.
Fun place to work.
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR 97006January 15, 2018
learned to manage time, job is rewarding, co workers and managers are awesome. a good place to work, hours can be flexible. people are nice and supportive
Informative
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
I appreciate the privilege of working and providing for my family.. I'm very flexible when it comes to scheduling.. I'm very punctual and almost never call out..
Productive and fun work place
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2017
Your day at wk is the unknown but its a good thing you start early and your day consist of knowing that you have made a difference in someones life and that alone is a reward for anyone . You are counted on by the pt and your team members.
Pros
I love taking care of people
Very interesting work
Volunteer In Home Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 8, 2017
Performed dialysis on my father with the training & over site of a Fresenius nurse. Being at home was certainly easier on my father. We were grateful for the support that we got from Fresenius.
Pros
relaxed enviornment
A Day In The Life Of a Technician
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
As a Dialysis Technician you are in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is imperative..Timing is also a very important issue..A good tech always plans ahead
dialysis
Acute Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work is working with the patients, nursing staff and doctors to treat patients with kidney disease. I have learned a lot about dialysis.
Workplace Culture
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 3, 2017
I haven't had any problems while employed with FKC. Team work makes the dream work. Management has been fair thus far. My patients admire my hard work and dedication.I have learned my way with the technical areas within the company. The hardest part of the job is noticed when understaffed. The most enjoyable times at work is when everyone works together making the patients happy and comfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight