Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Found 222 reviews matching the search See all 2,992 reviews
Summary
Registered Nurse (license inactive) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 10, 2018
Extremely poor management who are only concerned with receiving payment from the state or other insurance companies. Very little emphasis placed on honest empathy and patient care.
Love my job
Rn (Current Employee) –  Wincjesyer, KYJuly 10, 2018
I love my job and the pts. Management is good, good benefits. Pay is good. Overall great place to work. Many benefits offered. Management always looking for ways to keep staff.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Travel
Good place to expand experience in my career.
CHRONIC HEMODIALYSIS RN (Current Employee) –  San Germán Municipio, PRJune 24, 2018
At Fresenius, this workplace has given me for twelve years, the opportunity to learn and apply my knowledge in the nurse career in which I can assist patients during and after their treatment.
Horrible environment
RN (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJune 19, 2018
Poor management, low pay, very long hours. Manager cared for noone but himself and his bonuses, at whatever cost. Very shady culture overall This company will do whatever it takes to make a buck.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 7, 2018
Overall great company to work for with advancement opportunities and great benefits/salary. Acute nurses must take call which was the only negative to the job.
Without Good Management
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anywhere, USAJune 6, 2018
RN's are left holding the bucket at the end of the day charting and signing off labs that should have been signed by techs. Techs view you as lazy if you do not get out on the floor and help with their tasks all the while not realizing how much charting there is for the RN to do, the care plans that have to be done, the foot checks and med checks that have to be done. If you have a good secretary many of the appointment schedulings won't fall on the RN, but in many cases it does. Schedule Wise (a third party vendor that dictates when a pt should be put on the machine and how much time is alloted) is killing the floor staff. Management is more worried about their numbers than for employee burn out. Appreciate your workers more, don't just buy lunch or something once in awhile and think that solves it. Hire enough staff and make everyone do their fair share of work. Hours are horrible!!! Have to be at work before 5am and sometimes you are there over 12 hours and another day you may be run off the clock with only 8 hr.
Pros
Benefits, hourly wage for RNs
Cons
Lack of management, short staffing, Schedule Wise
Not good for someone with a family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 3, 2018
This job has long pain staking hours if yoru are are a nurse. You never know when you are able to leave work. RN's get stuck with all the work at the end of the day
Nice place to get more experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
Nice place to work, New things are always being utilized. Focused on education and making sure you are knowledgeable in your field. Nice Training process
Challenging position
Register Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 31, 2018
Being a Dialysis nurse is a challenging position. It has alot of components to be aware of for each patient and takes alot of skills to protect the patient.
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 28, 2018
FMC is very hard to work with. Experiences are going to be based on your location. Managers can be helpful or not helpful. Pay could be good or bad. Scheduling is good or bad based on location.
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 25, 2018
Management treats certain staff like friends instead of employees, shows favoritism. The culture of the workplace is horrible such as cussing and disrespectful actions. A LOT of drama when you really have to trust staff.
Pros
Gain knowledge.
Cons
Tasks to complete in such a short amount of time.
busy envirnoment
Dialysis Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNMay 24, 2018
worked as RN in busy dialysis patient with critical need patients, very busy environment, need more time to spend with patients personally and need for more training
Pros
great learning experience with critical patients
Cons
long work hours
Each Area is Different
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 21, 2018
Each area has a different culture some are better than others.

Management here was not the best. They walked out and told no one they were leaving and never came back.
My opinion
BSN, RN staf hemodiálisis (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRMay 17, 2018
A typical day at work includes carrying out tasks of preparation of the work area. Perform daily tasks and care of our patients. In free moments, the period of food and relaxation. We are recognized for our achievements and we are given tools to improve when we need it.
Ignorant Upper Management
inpatient services RN (Former Employee) –  TXMay 15, 2018
While we have had wonderful clinical managers, upper management (DO, RVP, etc) are completely ignorant of what it takes to effectively manage inpatient services. I highly doubt they have any experience working as acute care nurses. Utterly disappointing.
Short staffed and some how over budget
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 11, 2018
Too many works days were spent in conditions that were unsafe for staff and patients. Every time staffing was brought up to management, we were informed that we were over budget on staffing. Management also had no control of the PCTs and allowed them to dictate work hours and leave work the minute their shift was over. Most times this left remaining staff in high patient ratios and unsafe work conditions. Management created a toxic work environment that allowed staff to make errors and not complete work without discipline on a daily basis. I would never allow a family member to receive care at this facility in fear of their safety.
Cons
poor management, unsafe work environment
Fast turn-over
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 23, 2018
Although the company have good intentions, The company is struggling to deliver their mission. less opportunity for advancement, poor management, fast turn-over of staff
Pros
Good training
Cons
poor follow-ups after training
Don't think about it...
HEMODIALYSIS RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2018
This is the most cut throat place of business I have every worked for. The managers are incompetent, micro managers that tends to take advise from all the wrong people. It is ghetto. I stayed several years because I assumed it would get better. NOPE, I was wrong it kept going down hill.
Pros
Cons
everything
I learned alot working in dialysis
RN (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 28, 2018
A typical day was very busy usually. I learned how to initiate and terminate dialysis treatments as well as oversee technicians. Management was fair and treated employees with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were providing life to that pt. Patients needed their treatments in order to live.
Pros
always learned knew things
Cons
hours not consistent
Draining
Home Therapy Program Manager (Float and Staff RN) (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALMarch 28, 2018
Worst place to work for, turnover rate is high. Not ethical at all. I would not recommend thinking you will have a career at Fresenius. It's all about who you know
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight