Fresenius Medical Care

Found 1,832 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,388 reviews

Fresenius Medical Care insights

Based on 2,528 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Best Company

One of the best dialysis company to work for. They have excellent benefits. They have incentives for excellent job performance. The staff is always recognized.

Productive Fun Environment

Fresenius is an excellent company to grow with and work for. If you are looking for an opportunity to excel in you career this is a good company. Fresenius provides training, both in the classroom and hands on.

Pros

Friendly supportive work environment, good pay and benefits

Cons

Fast paced

The work culture at the time was micromanaged and could be stressful at times. The learning environment was excellent and groomed towards excellence.

My start at Fresenius was great, due to no experience in dialysis. Fresenius allowed the time for me to learn all that I know in dialysis.A typical day is spent training patients for home dialysis and acute care and more related to dialysis. The facility was a stand alone clinic were we experienced all aspects of culture and people. These patients required our expertise in quality care of dialysis patients. The hardest part of the job was when your unable to meet the needs of the patient. My most enjoyable part of the job is we had an A team approach and teamwork among colleagues.

Pros

Benefits and the coworkers

Cons

Micromanagement.

Plenty of work.

Not enough people to get the job done in a timely manner. 2 shifts available. Second shift has always had problems with people showing up continuously and when scheduled. So therefore first shift is required to do all the work. No paid holidays, everything comes out of your pto you aquire per pay period. No bonuses, no incentives, sick pay, kicks in after 3 days of being out with a doctor's note. Then if behind require Saturdays. Always behind around holidays everyone including the 4th July, memorial, labor day, and no scheduled time of available during Thanksgiving, and or Christmas.

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

To much work

Fast pace environment

The best part happens to also be the worst part of the job. They have numerous hours to work, also shifts are to long to work and have a family life, make your own schedule around your life or what ever best suits you. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a job.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Short breaks

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Always opportunities for hours

Management seemed pretty supportive of opportunities for growth. Benefits were decent and I can’t say I had any issues. I appreciate how organized the company was and corporate is pretty responsive. Pay was great.

Stressful long shifts

Overall its not a horrible place to work just the shifts are long you do 3 12s and a 6. Fast paced you’ll go home wore out majority of the time. Company dont really care about there employees they promise things that never happen.

Pros

Benefits and Pay

Cons

Long shifts and management

Good company, tough job.

Worked as Biomed for 1 year.Very busy, stressful, poor work life balance.Lots of training, and compliance requirements.Not enough time to do the job correctly.Salary too low for required work, training, responsibilities.Great company culture and decent benefits.Would recommend the company, but not this particular position.

Pros

Good benefits, training, culture

Cons

Poor work life balance (some positions) salary low for type of work. Poor salary increases.

Great place if you're willing to put the work in!

I loved this job! Worked great with everyone's schedule, even the few of us that were in school at the time! The pay was good and I had no experience coming into it. The job is a lot of work so don't apply thinking it will be a lax position!! The patient's can be tiring at times but you are able to build a bond with everyone there. Unfortunately they are frequently understaffed and always looking for new employees. Overall I would recommend if you are a hard worker and want some good hands on experience in healthcare.

Pros

Good pay, works well with schedule, love the patients

Cons

Short staffed, a lot of work, favoritism

Fast paced production environment with moderate to brand new technology.

FMCNA was good to me and my family. Its a medical manufacturer so the regulations are neverending and consistently changing. Management waited until there was an entire staffing crisis to try and help with the issues. Overtime is mandatory due to staffing but 1.5x pay for OT. Leadership is showing up and showing others the best way. Examples were only spoken, not shown. Salary/benefits are just ok.

Pros

12 hour shifts mean working minimal days with the exception of OT

Great teamwork approach

It is highly demanding field.I worked as an acute dialysis RN.No two days are the same.Long days most times.No room to take break.U work solo. Hospital staff usually push blames on us as contractors

Pros

Free breaktime

Cons

Breaks are skipped

Flexible schedule and work environment

Flexible schedule as long as you get your work done. It really depends on who is your manager. It really impacts the culture of the clinic. Documentation is important

Punitive environment

They make 3 billion a year off of medicare. My entire job was to make sure patients show up for treatment because they don’t get paid if they don’t show up.

Pros

It’s not hard

Cons

It’s repetitive

Nice facility

The company itself is highly reputable, a world leader in kidney care, however department supervisors and managers are promoted from within based on their technical job skills but are not provided with actual people management training. The ones I worked with were unprofessional, just downright mean to staff. Very toxic work environment.

Pros

Nice facility, good benefits

Cons

micromanagement, harsh verbal criticism instead of necessary mentoring or training

Not that bad it’s just long days. I appreciate that because I can get around 36 hours in my 3 days I work. The job is very demanding physically and there is a lot of pressure on you but if you have a heart for patient care I encourage you to apply

Pros

Free coffe

Cons

Management is poor, company is cheap AF

Management doesnt care - they force OT everyweek

too much mandatory overtime. bosses ignore you, long hours,good pay, but no room for advancement . high turn over rate.management plays favoritism

Terrible place, unrealistic work/life balance even before the pandemic

Reader be ware!!!! Worked for company for ten years, had several opportunities to advance which was a plus, wage was great too, but that’s all the pro’s. Cons way out number the positives. No matter if in center or in-patient. There is never enough staff and management gives no care about work life balance and will constantly push staff to work well beyond 12-16 hours a day. And come in on off days. There is an unspoken word of, you have to complete at least two assignments even if you were delayed beyond reason and 12 hours has past, management will still request and push for staff to stay until another assignment can be completed. Don’t work for this company if you ever want to see your family and want a life. Also don’t work for this company if you don’t have a strong back bone to do what is right, fair, and speak up for yourself and not feel intimidated. I was a charge RN and I can say I appreciated nurses who had morals and knew how to set bounds for themselves. Don’t be a push over and think you will be successful for this company, u will be burn-out, and left to hang and dry with no real support.

Pros

Salary and advancement

Cons

Everything else!!!!

No days off

The more you do for the clinic management starts handling you and assigning you without asking, as if they own you. Im a human not a pet. You only get 3 holidays per yr off and still HAVE to make up for it. If xmas lands on Fri you’ll have to work Sunday since Saturday is part of TTS. And there is no holiday pay for making up that day. For the amount of stress and workload this job pays less than any other regular job.

Pros

Purpose

Great Job

I enjoy working here for thd most part, the PTO and ESL is awesome! I can pretty much take time off whenever I want. We are always short staffed so you work a lot more than 40 hours typically.

Pros

Pto

Cons

4:00am arrival

High acuity work expected with no bonuses

You can get a bonus if you pick up extra shifts. High stress days. Variable hours. No financial bonuses/gifts for anything. Anniversary. Holiday. Can’t receive any monetary gift from company. Not even a store gift card. They will give bonuses for new hires but nothing for anyone who’s stayed and shows up to work each shift. Every year they take more away from employees and expect more work. Can’t have it both ways. You will continue to lose great workers.

Pros

Job security

Cons

High acuity work with no appreciation/compensation

Dead end job

Little room for advancement , astronomical amount of responsibility for little compensation, extreme hours expected to be available for work dont plan on having family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fresenius Medical Care.
Powered byComparably