Fresh Ideas Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not worth the stress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2018
Very disorganized, No communication!!! Nightmare to work for!! Unappreciative and demeaning !! Mamagement is rarely on the same page, very frustrating and soul sucking!
Pros
Non
Cons
Very fast paced taking care of college students
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MOJuly 9, 2018
It is a good place to work for a first time job. People were nice to work with and the students were usually nice. Sometimes they would get a little impatient but overall nice.
Good company overall
Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 1, 2018
Fresh Ideas is a pretty good company. The only thing that I don't like is the seasonal aspect of the jobs. Since they contract with schools, the employees are laid-off during the summer months and during school breaks. They do offer health insurance, but it is not affordable. They cultivate a family atmosphere and offer free lunches daily. Everyone eats at the same time and sits together.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Seasonal
Why I really quit.
Line Cook/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2018
Loved working in a face pace area, being off during holidays bombed me out because I still had bills to pay. Not being recognized for doing more than my duties was the reason I decided to leave.
A busy workplace that had its ups and downs
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 22, 2018
At work, my shift began in an ever-bustling kitchen, getting straight to work on the dishes left over from the previous shift while keeping up with incoming dishes, sometimes on my own and sometimes with others. Halfway through my shift, I would take a fifteen-minute meal break. At the end of the day, I would empty the sinks, sort clean dishes, and go home.
The time that I spent at this job was personally stressful. The work itself was not really too challenging or too competitive, but dealing with the sheer amount of dishes and the occasional rogue elements caused significant stress.
Despite this, I liked my job. It was paradoxically relaxing most of the time, and I found friendly coworkers and understanding bosses.
Pros
Free meals during work hours
Cons
Unpredictable work loads
Worst place I have ever worked.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 21, 2018
The main management was horrid, immature and just terrible in general. The manager did not know how to do her job and put money ahead of safety, and favored customers and employs to the point if you were not her favourite she would ignore you.
Pros
Free lunch (when you work)
Cons
N/a
It was a good job for a college student
Floater (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSApril 30, 2018
The job was work study for a college student. It was not to bad. The job helped when I needed to pay tuiton, and it was a good job for someone who has barely started working.
Not a place I would recommend
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 12, 2018
Job started great, but quickly turned to nightmare! Expected to do job without all tools to do it and no help. Constantly threw under the bus. Was not asked my side of the story at all.
Pros
Free lunches
Terrible managers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 5, 2018
I like my job but the management is lacking in professionalism. There is too much drama and gossiping for my taste. I graduated high school a long time ago and I don't like that kind of a work environment.
Good environment to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MOMarch 19, 2018
It was a good place for students to work in. It was possible to balance work hours with sutdy hours. I learned how to do many tasks, I have performed positions like cleaner, cashier, chef's assistant, and cooker.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low Salary
Overworked and Underpaid
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 12, 2018
Worked for 10+ hours Friday-sun with lazy managers who took all the credit for your work. All of the managers and CEOs left me at a venue to clean up entire wedding venue and find some way to get all the alcohol and kitchen equipment back to the headquarters.
Not a fun place to work
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2018
Basically you was a lunch person for all the confluence academies and ranked technical college and you serve lunch in different facilities to kids and adults
Small Business, Big Ideas, Terrible execution
Full Time Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 22, 2018
The executive staff seemed to like to take corporate retreats and were more interested in expanding their reach than reinforcing the units they already own(proper staff, proper equipment, etc). The unit management felt isolated and conflicted because they wanted to run their units the best way they could but then are told by corporate they need to run their units another way. Often units received little to no attention and some managers and directors were left unchecked for too long causing unnecessary turnover. Hourly staff often felt over-worked, underpaid and had lots of unfair hours only to be laid off for two to three months a year. Whats worse is sometimes they would keep people on as staff over the reduced staff summers so that they made enough money to be ineligible for unemployment but not enough to comfortably pay rent and bills. The bad often outweighed the good and some days never even had redeemable features.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management, Poorer resource utilization, laid off for summer, poor pay
Horrible Place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOJanuary 17, 2018
This job was hard to maintain, the staff was non trustworthy and often not punctual yet management could not handle thier workers. I often was not paid for overtime and had to pick up a lot of slack for management and my co-workers.
Professional management
Cashier, Server (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MODecember 26, 2017
Personally, great part-time job for students. They have a professional management and they are full of respect to all workers, either full-time and part-time(students).
Great place to cut my teeth in the college scene.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  CMU MODecember 16, 2017
My "manager" used this as an opportunity to take an extended vacation for my whole tenure. 3.5 hour haircuts, left for the day all of the time without communicating. She stayed home to babysit her grandchild often, left me hanging. It was all good because she just got in the way.
Pros
Nice college
Cons
manager
Hectic, disorganized, stressful
Cook (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 29, 2017
I don't believe the management at Fresh Ideas knows what they're doing. They don't see what really goes on. Too many employees arguing, throwing each other under the bus and acting like they know everything when they actually know nothing and contradict the policies and their own demands. It's like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.
Pros
Food!
Cons
Disorganized
unit work
Director of Dining Services/general MGR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2017
Depending what unit your are working, it is very hard to decribe. Most places are open seven day a week. If you do not have a good staff you may be working longer hours than you want.
Pros
hours are not bad
Cons
lack of advancement
Wish I had more thumbs to put down
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NENovember 1, 2017
Started off great, loved it. new director was not qualified and thrown in his position so it was like the blind leading the blind. lots of things were covered up so that corporate wouldn't find out. Throw anyone else under the bus type of culture
Average day as a line cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Clock in and immediately start setting up for breakfast. Serve students and faculty when approached with order. All the while continue to set up all other stations on the line by yourself while still trying to tend to your customers. Be expected to have everything set up by 10:30am for the switch over to lunch without any break down time. As for the 30 minute non-paid break, you're lucky if you get one at a decent time or one at all. The most enjoyable part about this job would have to be leaving a positive impression on all customers who I personally cook for.
Pros
Free Lunch and special coffee drinks
Cons
Promised an annual raise and never received one