Fresh Mark, Inc. Employee Reviews

It's cold and you work twice as hard then you should
Packer/Inspector/line worker (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 19, 2019
Working at fresh Mark isn't bad. Well the paychecks isn't bad..but they want you to put your life on hold for some nasty bacon. People are passing out hurting themselves AND THEY DONT CARE as long as you come back the next day work they don't care about noone health or well-being THEH JUST CARE ABUT THE BACON.
And HR are the main ones who doesn't care. They get two days off but have us working 6-7 days and they wonder why the call off list is so high we have 1 day to relax and get everything done before the work week begins up again...if your sick or get hurt at work and leave they give you a point even when you call off with the flu and have an note excusing you from work they still give you a point or half a point...it could be a blizzard outside and FRESH MARK WILL NOT CLOSE DOWN THEY EXPECT YOU TO DRIVE IN IT RISK YOUR LIFE FOR SOME NASTY BACON ... THEY DON'T SHOW THEY APPRECIATE THEIR WORKERS... If they gave us Saturdays and Sundays off they would see people wouldn't mind coming to work and they wouldn't call off as much...but hey it's ran but people who are backwards and trying to keep ICE OFF THEIR BACKS
Pros
Awesome paychecks
Cons
Always working 6-7 days never have two days off poor management (HR too)
Can make quick money but stressful environment
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 18, 2019
Good for single or younger adults just starting out or looking to cram the hours for overtime. The best thing about this job is Sunday’s are double time and anything over 8 hr per day is automatic overtime.
Decent employer
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Fresh Mark could be a career for the individual that enjoys working in a factory type setting in a cold environment due to the food processing guidelines.
Productive easy and good money
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 12, 2018
I liked the work it was smooth not stressful just at times but for the most part I liked the job . Great breaks good American people the Guatemalans didn’t like us so much but some did .
Pros
Great breaks
Cons
Poor management in the HR Department
Overall I liked working there
Assistant Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 11, 2018
Fresh Mark,Inc was a small privately owned company with a somewhat clicky culture. I enjoyed most of my jobs and it was easy for me to work there. Management on the shop floor could have been better and I think the company could have been run more efficiently. Having worked the floor and some clerk and management positions I had a pretty good picture of how the company was managed.
Pros
Xmas bonus
Cons
Small company, limited opportunity
Productive and enjoyed it.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHNovember 5, 2018
Too cold for me I have low blood sugar but other than that a fine establishment. And the chance to meet different people of different cultures. And also a chance to excel.
Pros
Awesome money
Cons
Too cold
Easy fast paced workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Massillon OhioNovember 1, 2018
Quick paced workplace. Great job. Learn everything hands on. Very good crew leaders and a great supervisor to help train you on different machines and assembly lines.
labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHOctober 17, 2018
I found a better job that gave me more time at home. You work seven days a week if there were eight days in a week they would make you work it. You will be over worked and under paid and no one will help you even if you ask. There is a lot of favoritism there so you mean nothing to you company unless you kiss up.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
over worked
Fast pase
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 10, 2018
Fast pase work. Very stressful with little advancement options. No time to sit and take a break. Rushed to finish a project and always someone looking over your shoulder. Great pay but little time off.
Fast paced job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHSeptember 26, 2018
The job with proper training would probably be a great job. The people were great to work with. With better one on one training this would be the ideal job to have and retire. Training needs to be addressed and management needs to make sure these changes are made. Can not train two people in two separate facilities at the same time. Also training should be done on the shift working not all training centered on a different shift.
Pros
Great people, Fairly easy job
Cons
Fast paced, lots of things to remember
Slave drivers that dont care
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 9, 2018
This place will replace you at a drop of a dime. They do not care about product all they care about is numbers now. They treat the people that actually care and work like dogs and the people who are lazie and whinners like they are going to break.. Unless you are desperate do not apply here or if you do get out before you hit top rate.. And the union is for the company not the employees so watch yourself there also..
Pros
Employee sale prices on meat
Cons
Plan on making SD your home they will drain you dry
Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJuly 25, 2018
It was a nice place to work in it was just really cold where I was but overall the work was easy the pay was fair if I could I sure would return......
forced overtime. untruthful management!
picker/hylift driver (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHJune 26, 2018
They tell you anything to get you to work but change once you start working! If it was a 5 day work week it would be a ok job, they need help so y not take what if available?
Pros
cool people to work with. .
Cons
no time for life...
Nice to work for
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJune 22, 2018
Different things to learn, face paced. I learn how to drive a fork lift. Management was okay. The hardest part of job was being cold in there but I dress for the cold. Enjoyable part working with different people learning different jobs.
Pros
Nice deals for your meats
Cons
Short lunch breaks, cold in the place.
This place is a joke
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHJune 19, 2018
You literally work for nothing. Mexicans run around, you get harrassed and put right into a job you know nothing about. Management sucks super bad. You have no time to get anything done, you barely have a break and ita freezing.
Cons
Good for an introduction to factory work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 29, 2018
That's about it, though. This place was a sweat shop and every person I passed looked dead inside. I was a forklift operator so I was fortunate enough to not be put onto a production line.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad environment
Over all view of company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 25, 2018
My review of fresh mark would be an overall good review. I was very happy with the pay and atmosphere of the work environment, the amount of overtime hours per week, and the weekly schedules were very accommodating.
Pros
Paid lunch, overtime hours, and pay
Cons
Distance, lack of growth in the company, and cap of pay grade
as i ( WAS) a picker operator
Order Picker/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHApril 27, 2018
the place seems great if your a order picker running the high lifts or electric pallet jacks... but what im mad at is 9.55$ for second or 3rd shift for skilled labor.? i make 11-12 anywhere else around here. pay raises dont happen for months an months. when i could have a earlier start higher priced somewhere else. times are hard right now and no time for waiting. ohhh and dont let me forget only one break. if your a smoker. it sucks. i at least would like one ten minute break. but nope. u work all 8 hours. with one 30 min lunch.
Pros
good people and the supervisor was very nice.
Cons
short break. one 30 minute lunch ., low pay per hour.
Guatemalans
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHApril 26, 2018
If you like working with an ethnic culture then this is a place for you. If you can speak spanish it may help you.
I was working 7 days a week. 8-10 hour days.
Very fast paced, and always a game to compete with someone else.
Pros
Fun, ish
Cons
if youre not a linguist
eazy place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 5, 2018
great place to work, a little stressful
nothing there is really hard just manage a little poor. all the supervisor are great. The gave you rises based on what you learned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Mark, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresh Mark, Inc. Reviews by Location