Fresh Mark, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Guatemalans
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHApril 26, 2018
If you like working with an ethnic culture then this is a place for you. If you can speak spanish it may help you.
I was working 7 days a week. 8-10 hour days.
Very fast paced, and always a game to compete with someone else.
Pros
Fun, ish
Cons
if youre not a linguist
eazy place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 5, 2018
great place to work, a little stressful
nothing there is really hard just manage a little poor. all the supervisor are great. The gave you rises based on what you learned
Fast paced work enviroment with competitive pay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHApril 2, 2018
Good steady work, fast paced environment
Competitive wages
Safe work environment
Good coworkers and good production teams
Produce quality product for families all around the world to enjoy
Pros
Competitve wages and steady work
Not good work place
Meat Market Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 7, 2018
If u wanna work a ton of hours for lowpay this is the job for you. They favor Mexican workers because they work for next to nothing. This place should be shut down. They hire illegals all the time to work for next to nothing
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 24, 2018
its was a fairly fun job but one thing i had to get used to was all the people.. i like a small group of people to work with, once it gets about over the 500 mark thats when i start getting flusterd
horrible management
Maintenence Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 8, 2018
management is horrible they are trained to throw you under the bus every chance they get 95% of the work force is illegal no one speaks english and there are no translators on any of the shifts
Pros
Cons
all
Worse than a concentration camp
Wage slave (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 7, 2018
This place sucks. Horrible management, you have employees who don't speak English, my boss is a woman who screams at people, even when they're not goofing around. Human resource is a joke as well.
Pros
Great American co-workers
Cons
Too many to list
horrible place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  ohioFebruary 1, 2018
a lot of hours and little pay. get bumped around all the time and sent to different departments. work 6-7 days a week depending on if there is a holiday or not.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours and people you work with
Interesting place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day at fresh Mark consist of running production lines packing meat into packages putting them on skids to ship them out. Sometimes I would run the smokehouse and run trucks. My boss was a good boss but the management around the Russell place sucks . The culture was good you just have to know two languages do to the people that work there the hardest part of the job is to understand the other people there because they speak a different language. And the most enjoyable part of the day is that everything went fast because are usually run a production lines
Pros
Had a good boss
Cons
How do you know two languages
I got Certified
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHDecember 9, 2017
They had options for me to get certified, most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, a typical day at work was stressful and fast paced. Management was fair. I learned to run the fork lift, meat saw, and pilot jack. the hardest part of the job was getting product ahead and staying ahead.
Pros
rated jobs, difference in pay, discount on meat sales provided to employees
Cons
35 minute lunch unpaid
Fun fast paced.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHDecember 4, 2017
Had a good time. Loved the work, people and job. Would do it all over again. I loved my 1st shift. Worked out perfectly having a 6 yr old daughter and being able to manage both my job and being a mother. Hoping I can get hired back in asap. I'll be a rehire and I know most what to do...very optimistic and hoping for a call back .
It’s an ok place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHNovember 21, 2017
Okay place to work at, stressful at times , not enough hours , people breathing down your neck ever couple seconds , always someone trying to get you fired
Pros
Discounts on bacon
Cons
Not enough pat stressful work environment
The plant was a dirt hole.
worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 29, 2017
I worked for the company for 10 years canton ohio.The company management is full of liers and trouble makers.There is harassment that goes on regularly by management and other hourly employees.The company has a high turnover and the management cant understand why.I would not recommended working for this company in any capacity.You might live to regret it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay striped benefits very poor management
Rough environment
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHOctober 19, 2017
Very physically and mentally demanding job... to say the least. No rest for the weary here. You will have to work many, many, days in a row. The pay is good, but the stress will take a toll on you.
Pros
pay
Cons
over worked, long hours, stress
Fast paced job with the basis of providing excellent customer service
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 10, 2017
At the Fresh Market, I work as the seafood clerk. I arrive at work at 6 a.m. I am responsible for cutting and preparing the best quality seafood for the customers that come into the Fresh Market. I make sure that the customers are confident that our seafood is the freshest they can find while providing a good attitude with every customer I engage with. I have learned that people respect the fact that I go out of my way to make the best customer experience I can. The management at Fresh Market is poor and is only concerned with numbers. I also believe that my Seafood manger benefits from my fast-paced work ethic. I relieve the stress she has because she is confident in my abilities that I display. The morale in the store is very poor because everybody is under paid and they believe that management isn't on their side. The hardest part of the job is working around others lackluster work ethics. The most enjoyable is making the customer satisfied and knowing that I can come home with the confidence that I did the most I could.
Pros
Discounts on Groceries
Cons
Poor Management
Discruntal employee
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 31, 2017
Management is horrible. The union is for the company and not for the employees. They would work us 10+ hours a day 7 days a week for months on end. They show no appreciation to they're employees at all!
Pros
Cons
Wages
potential for company
Distribution Accountant (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHAugust 27, 2017
The overall company has a potential to be great. They have issues that need address but upper management has yet to address them. They have a good mix
stressful place with management always expecting more
Packaging/dry storage (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHAugust 10, 2017
stressful place to work with management always wanting record numbers at a fast pace. hard to communicate with other employees due to the fact that the large majority cannot speak english.
Productive work place
General labor (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I did inventory (check trailers)and I also did employer orders .yard check also made sure the warehouse was clean ..i also trained on a stand up forklift and palletjack .
HUMAN RESOURCES - SAFETY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CantonJuly 13, 2017
Good pay and benefits, but there is a lot of work and responisibility required. You had a good day today? Make sure to do the same tomorrow because yesterday doesn't matter anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Mark, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Fresh Mark, Inc. Reviews by Location