Fresh Start Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist, Receptionists and Information Clerks (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2019
It was a good job, good pay, good co-workers, they had free food, good benefits, breaks was an hour long, health care, dental Insurance, 401 k required
Old Ways are NOT Working Yet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, SDNovember 14, 2018
They really need to update their system, along with security at night because I was the only one working during graveyard and the area had many angry customers that get physical because of their intoxication. I was definitely not paid enough because I couldn't even afford 100 rent plus 50 electric on good days IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER IN SD.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Long hours, Police regularly called, intoxicated customers, old system that really needs to be updated, hours are very inconsistent so you never know when you are going to work.
Ok place to work if you just need a job and know how to do the work
Home Renovation (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2018
Definitely not a work place to invest ones future in owner too cheap doesn’t compensate properly for experienced,reliable help .To retain good help in today’s workplace an employer must compensate their employees accordingly if he or she is a proven professional
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Not compensated right
Fresh Start was a nice place to work
Day Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80206October 3, 2018
Fresh Start was a nice environment and good place to work. The clients made it a fun environment and very challenging due to there challenging behaviors.
Nice workplace
Cashier and stocker (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 19, 2018
Nice place to work. Customers for the most part polite. Job not so had collet is cold.the boss was very nice . Helped me with problems or any things I couldn't handle. The other employees were very helpful.
Pros
Fun employees
Cons
Working in vooler
Nice place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2018
It was a nice place to wofk. My co-workers where very nice . The customers were nice as well. It was good experience to work there. It was a good walk in place to work.
Pros
Walk ins
Cons
More foot traffic
Fresh Start was not a favorable place for me to work.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2018
It did not offer any incentives for me because i did weekends as a monitored. I worked during the week as an Intern. Fresh Start did not offer any kind of advancement opportunities. A typical day was co facilitating group sessions. The hardest part of my job was dealing with disgruntle clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients learn tools to stay sober.
Pros
Fresh Start provided three meals per day to clients.
Cons
The facility did not offer any kind of recreational activities for clients.
I loved this job, great quality
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 3, 2018
This is a special job that can require anyone to work at. I felt so proud to serve to the public, it made me feel good to see everyone's hopes lit up.
work place
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2018
would normally come in and punch in for the day, count my drawer if i'm working as a cashier that day if not continue putting the uniform they require you to put on for bakery. clean my station whether it was my box or my bakery station.
Pros
discount
Cons
they wouldnt give you the days off you request
Fun
Home Health Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed the youth encouraging them to stay positive was the high light of this position. A typical day at work was fun adventures and at times challenging.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Needed more hours
Productive and Positive work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 1, 2018
Fresh Start is a well organized drug and alcohol treatment facility. It is small only holding 8 clients at a time which allows for a very intimate experience and personalized client care. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable on the job, medication and patience it takes when working with clients coming off substances.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff.
Cons
Only one facility.
good work place
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2018
good work place love meeting new people and helping them and at the end of the day i love it when they say thank you for helping me and being so caring the hardest part is that i wish i cloud help all of them
Worker
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Weyerhaeuser, WIMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work we were going out the community while getting our high school diploma. Learned great things to help me with my life skikls. Sorry that they coosed
I liked the environment and seeing the regular customers everyday
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Campbell st.March 20, 2018
It was a good job for me while it lasted. If I had a choice to potentially go back and work I would. I got along pretty well with everyone of the co workers and I put in hard work everyday.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, not everyone would pull their weight
Fresh start is a fast working environment but also every collaborative
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2018
A tippical day at fresh start was amazing you would learn new things about maintance and how to organize work orders in ways i didnt know before working at fresh start. I would recommend fresh start to everybody who is looking to be in a working environment that not only helps you learn every day but also challenges you in a good way.
Great work place for being a regular employee
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, SD and edgemont sdFebruary 8, 2018
If your just a regular employee paid by the hour it's great buy once I became a salary paid employee I was over worked and way under paid I loved working there though it was hard but it was great skills to learn the people are great the experience was amazing I would do it all over again just not on salary
Terrible company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDJanuary 22, 2018
The manager that I had was not management material. He always had/has favorites. If your not one of his favorites you had to pick up the slack of his favorites, they didn't have to do anything but run the till, they didn't have to clean or maintain the store that was all pushed off on the people who are not his favorites.
typical day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Custer, SDDecember 14, 2017
When arriving I had to check stock and restock if necessary, then though out the night helping serve customers and cleaning. At the end of the night counting the till and doing nightly reports
Pros
Ran shift by myself
Cons
not having a set work schedule and other employees were difficult
Productive and fun place to work
Mental Health Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 20, 2017
Great place to work as far as culture and climate are concerned. Opportunity to work with individuals who are trying to affect positive change in their lives as well as achieve personal growth.
Pros
Independency
Cons
Limited job benefits
productive
Janitor (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NENovember 16, 2017
its was decent job not much to do or learn we would go in at 3 and take a van and go to cf industries to clean. we would mop take out trash it was an okay job.
Pros
fun
Cons
sucked