Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, but only temporarily.
Clerk / Associate (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHSeptember 20, 2018
When I worked for this company, the pay was minimum wage for my state. I got pretty decent hours at first, but the hours dwindled as the store got more staff. The management is poor, but my coworkers were wonderful people and made working fun. From what I here, the management has gotten better, and will hopefully stay that way.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor benefits/pay/management
Fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 13, 2018
When I first started it was amazing, I loved it. About two months ago we got a new store director and everything’s been going downhill since. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
Great place to shop
Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2018
I loved my job there the employees were always helpful and polite the recently got a new manager and he was still trying to get used to the fresh Thyme way
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Manger
Nice place to work. Good pay for the jobs.
4th Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNAugust 29, 2018
Hours get cut during slow months. Even full timers get their hours cut. Slightly stressful during back to school with most part timers going to school again and asking to have less hours or leaving altogether. Pay is pretty good for the region.
Pros
Pay, vacation, occasional free lunches
Cons
Hour cuts, stress
No good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Prospect park mnAugust 28, 2018
A no good place to work. Rascism against Hispanics and Asians. No training. Employees are thrown to the wolves. Store will be sued one day and hopefully go out of business for discrimination.
Good and bad
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 27, 2018
I was good when I was working but when it came down to real bad family problems they just let me go and see felt so bad I really did like work there it’s was great.
Managers were horrible!
Butcher / Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MO 63011August 26, 2018
Management - Extremely Poor! NOT qualified to manage people, department's or the store. Did not manage, product or provide training or support to employees.
Pros
The other co workers
Cons
Poor Management can destroy a Company
Good workplace, good people, but i was bored
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIAugust 23, 2018
The meat department helped me keep good habits with sanitizing my work area. My manager was really nice and understanding of my school situation. It was a little rough doing opening hours because waking up at 5am every weekend is the last thing i wanted to do after working in a hospital at day and doing homework at night. Ultimately the job was a lot of standing around and waiting for something to happen or just finding something to do whether was was cleaning a surface or restocking a shelf on the meat rack. It doesn't mix well with my need to stay active and it isn't as stimulating as doing x-rays on patients which it what i went to school for while working at Fresh Thyme.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Monotony
I like my job
LIQUOR STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2018
I wish raises were more than $.50/hr.
Raises font keep up with economy.
$.50/hr raise does not keep up with 30% raise in health insurance.
I need a second job
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Raises don’t keep up with economy
Don't waste your time
Bakery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 20, 2018
Attempted to help open a new store. Corporate couldn't decide where to send me for training. When they did, it was horrible at best. One person show in each department. Trainer didn't even show up one morning. Between corporate not knowing where to send me, and the trainer being a no show. It made ME look back with MY new boss at my store.
Fast forward, I get to my new department having zero computer training. Which is vital because they are so old school they do everything on paper, and then transfer to excel spreadsheets. The amount of paperwork alone is ridiculous. The "team" they hired me were incapable of showing up on time, or staying on task, making it even more stressful that I would end up running the department alone, like the other two stores I was sent to for "training" It should be mentioned I am an experienced bakery manager coming from another corporation. I truly wish I wouldn't had wasted my time. It ended up being a huge disappointment, and I'm happy I decided to resign very quickly.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Extreme miscommunication, Zero training
Stressful
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 2, 2018
Company is in turmoil. Only 4 years old with continual turnover. HR Dept does not support associates at store level. CEO is more interested in his personal life than he is in the company.
Pros
15% Discount
Cons
Poor Senior Management
this was by far the best company i worked for
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHAugust 1, 2018
I loved everything about this place everyone was always so nice and helpful until they had a change in management and it seemed everything went downhill
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 31, 2018
Didn't have anything together. Policies were never the same and too much favoritism. they did have great benefits and fun co workers to be around most of the time
Very productive,fun, place where you learn new health ier foods
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montgomery ohJuly 30, 2018
I liked it was productive I didn't just do lunch meat and cheese is why I liked it we also did pizzas and sandwices...it's a great place if u are into more natural healty foods such as meats veggies and snackd.they have alot of organic products they even have their on natural living section..it sells perfumes air fresheners soaps all of non GMO and non animal tested products.
Pros
15 min paid break
Pleasant Place to work at but there are flaws
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJuly 29, 2018
Typical grocery store geared towards the "healthy" market located with a suburban atmosphere. Tends to be laid back and relaxed, while at the same time keeping the workers more than busy enough. Management tends to "play favorites" with certain workers though.
A Culture of Harassment and Enablement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIJuly 26, 2018
Fresh Thyme is a great place to work at if you're interested in experiencing third-party harassment and power harassment firsthand! The kind and respectful management team tried their hardest (to the point of over exertion) in order to meet the high demands of the store director, and was met with rampant disrespect. When multiple complaints on a worker were put in, they were blatantly ignored and the workplace bullying continued. I'm not a person that leaves negative reviews anywhere because I keep to myself but I've had enough of the everyday aggression tactics.
Pros
Friendly crewmembers, 15% discount, benefits for full-time employees
Cons
Unpaid lunch break, harassment, refusal to accommodate disabled workers
Living Nightmare
Dairy/Frozen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJuly 18, 2018
As the Dairy/Frozen Supervisor you will be responsible for dairy and frozen but given no time to do it. The Grocery Manager and Assistant Grocery Manager expect you to do grocery and bulk then want to give you disciplenary action when your job is not completed. Management has no experience and zero management skills. Fresh Thyme as a company seems to be alright, I just fell into the department with consistent turnover due to the terrible management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pretty much everything
fast
Food Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 18, 2018
there are a lot of things to do at one time. many things to do before the first task is even done. have to move quick and be careful because we use knifes.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
Work as a team
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 13, 2018
Fun everyone works together cutting hours right now looking for part time job to make a little more income cook rotisserie chicken make up salads make pizzas
Pros
Benefits. Pto time. Vacation
Cons
Call ins
Bulk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
It was a good place to work but they kept opening up new stores and then once when establish they started closing them and all employees were very dedicated to the Company then that happened

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight