Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Employee Reviews

Love my job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHMarch 18, 2019
I love my job, but I don't get paid for all that I do, and the communication between the corporate offices and employees could use a lot of work. I often feel unappreciated.
Pros
15% discount
Rock bottom for employment.
Bakery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 15, 2019
The left hand doesnt know what the right is doing, throughout the entire corporation. I had one tremendous employee and one that gave me nightmares. Should have known how things would be when I was sent 2 hours away for training & the store director didn't even know. I could go on forever about how awful this place is.
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
Everything, literally.
It’s the worst
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 14, 2019
Worst place I’ve ever worked! Yes the pay is decent, but not worth compromising your mental health. Managers are lazy and useless, and have secret relationships with store members. Corporate wants to get any pretty girl into bed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Nice at the start but gets worse every month
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAMarch 10, 2019
there is so much negative stuff to be said about working here that i could write an entire paper about it. Nothing is managed correctly, its a free for all, if you arent in good graces with certain people say good bye to your hours and maybe your job. Kiss butt and you can do whatever you want and never be reprimanded.
Pros
Cons
The Job
Godspeed
Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 8, 2019
I was mid level management and did NOT trust upper management or corporate at all!! Super shady. Don’t trust NO one! They are probably sleeping together. I know this sounds like a scorned employee, but I learned the hard way. Do your job, not by the SOP but how the store director tells you to do it, and do not dare tell your specialist about deviation from the SOP. This will not end well. Godspeed
BenefitS
Cons
Upper management is on trustworthy
Corporate management leads with an iron fist.
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2019
Culture is nothing but back stabbing. From HR to Dept. Managers up to director of operations. Culture is pretty much a highschool drama sitcom. Corporate management is first to throw you under the bus to protect own security. There is no collaborative culture at all. Much favoritism with the Indianapolis region. Pay was good but too much political propaganda jargon that deters you from customer service and selling groceries.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrible corporate management, too much favoritism. Culture like a highschool drama sitcom
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2019
Fun down to earth job. It's retail it's never the same day twice. Never a set schedule
Coworkers are the best part
Building customer relations is a must to create more sales in the specialty grocery industry.
Pros
15% discount off everthing except alcohol and gift cards
Cons
Breaks are 10 mins and lunches are 30 mins
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 17, 2019
When I got the job I was excited. The management team properly trained its employees on customer etiquette as well as properly managing the store to keep it clean and neat.
An amazing company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 15, 2019
I moved around departments at this job a ton and thus was able to learn different avenues at the grocery store. I loved working here, the environment was fresh and healthy and the employers took care of their workers.
Terrible place to work Nepotism was rampant
Manager of Deli, Bakery and Cheese Department (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAFebruary 3, 2019
From day 1 there was no real training, you were just expected to "know" your job. If you were not part of a click then they made your job more difficult than it had to be.
Pros
15% discount on groceries
Cons
Nepotism
Overall
Front End (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 16, 2019
They try to make it a fun place to work, but it falls short. They consistently cut hours, make personnel changes, and lack training. The management is new, and inexperienced.
Perfect for a starting job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2019
If you are looking for a starting job, this a great company to start with. I worked upfront and it was always fast-paced. Sometimes it could get stressful because we tended to be understaffed but we all got through it fine. I always found that my immediate managers were pretty great but it was the store leadership which needed a change. Overall its fine if you are looking to work there for a short time but I would not plan on building a career at Fresh Thyme
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not Enough Staff, Upper Management
Great benefits, great people, mangament is questionable
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2019
The work atmosphere is great. People are mostly friendly. Great benefits especially for a family. PTO is great and bi annual raises. The huge down side to working here is management plays favorites, and lets a lot of no-nos slide for their favorites. Policies were not established, and rules were always broken.
Pros
Employee Discount, Insurance, Pto
Cons
Lack of good policies
Fresh Market
Bulk Grocery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJanuary 4, 2019
A Brand that promotes and lives up to the "Fresh Market" description. The store is full of knowledgeable as well as engaging employees. Happy to accommodate and eager to assist.
Awful
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2019
I would not recommend working there. They treat their staff god awful and I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. Not to mention the customers were very racist and unfair to employees
seemed like a great company
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2018
Racially motivated firing and poor management made for an unsavory experience. They slashed my hours with no noticed and flipped my schedule to day time from overnight with zero regard to my childcare situation, Classic bait and switch, 0/10 wouldn't recommend.
typical day at work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MissouriDecember 26, 2018
First and then often after was to check email keep up with ever changing production issues and company changes. Orders were placed ever day depending on the truck schedules for the different distributors. I would have to work anywhere from 2-5 pallets of product in dry grocery, dairy, frozen, or bulk in any combination. after product was put away if any orders needed to be placed that was completed. I would have to track invoices and charges paid by the company in different excel workbooks for each department individually. I would set the team up for the evening and touch base with them before leaving in case of any questions or concerns about expectations for the evening.
Pros
Great employees to work with!
Cons
Too far to drive from my current residence.
Great coworkers and Management at certain locations
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 19, 2018
Fun work environment. A work day can be face paced and sometimes it can be relaxed. They are very customer satisfaction driven. They allow you to go above & beyond for a customer. However, they are lacking organization and structure when it comes to new stores opening as well as the management they hire. I worked with upper management that was sexist and homophobic.
Pros
Breaks, easy going, various jobs positions
Cons
poor management at some locations
Great fast paced job with amazing coworkers
Grocery/4th key manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 17, 2018
I miss working at the Milwaukee Fresh Thyme. Great coworkers, great customers, and a fast paced environment. That store definitely is a family. Sure, sometimes it can get stressful with employees calling in, but what retail place isnt like that?
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Too many call ins
Tomorrow I give my notice
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNDecember 16, 2018
Tomorrow I'm giving my notice at Fresh Thyme and I feel like a large burden has been lifted from me! I had high hopes for the company when I started a litttle over a year ago but I've lost hope. That is so sad to say. I so enjoy my co-workers and I will be sad to leave them, but I need to look for stability in my work. Their new signing program is a mess. I hope I'm wrong and Fresh Thyme can turn things around but right now things do not look good.
Pros
Paid vacation and holidays
Cons
Company is bleeding money all over the place!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight