Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Employee Reviews

Worst Job Ever
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 20, 2018
In the 3 years I worked for this company I had to work 6 days a week for at least 85% of that time. Management refused to learn any part of my job so I could have help or time off. Plus, no overtime allowed. When I did take time off, I paid for it by having to work twice as hard to get caught up when I got back. Constantly bullied by management. Was treated horribly by staff when I took bereavement. Reporting anything to HR just made it worse. No formal training. No written SOPs. Every department makes up their own rules. Ideas for improvement are either ignored or stolen. I was having multiple panic attacks a day. Since I quit, no more panic attacks.
Pros
15% discount, extra discount for Thanksgiving and Christmas
Cons
Too many to list
I had fun working here.
Meat Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 20, 2018
I enjoy my coworkers and my managers at this job I also enjoyed the job itself in the store with its diverse culture of foods. I wont forget the time I spent there.
Would like to work there again after FT takes some time for some Self Care.
Assistant Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  USANovember 17, 2018
Fresh Thyme, as a store, is delightful. It's a fun place to shop and a neat place to be.
The working environment, not so much.
It kinda takes a kind of toll on you. There are folks that invested themselves into working at Fresh Thyme but saw no harvest. They would do everything they could to make people want to come back to the store. These people were attentive and efficient. They knew where things were and would lead you right to it. They were the ones who would open up a bag of chips for you because you were wondering how they tasted. They always greeted you with a smile and made sure you had everything you needed and every questioned answered to the best of their ability.
But these aren't the people that are praised. Instead, the good ones become frustrated and leave.They watch the management above them slowly steer the ship off course. Having a series of store directors and assistant store directors, feeling that they are being thrown at you so as to put a bandage on a gaping wound. Allowing employees to do what they want and fear no repercussion. Having "specialists" that don't seem that special. Managers that are inattentive to their departments. Customers telling you that they "expect you to be out of things" when they come to your store. Feeling like the people that choose products don't listen to the customers but instead to the dollars.

All-in-all, I am thankful for my thyme at Fresh Thyme. I met so many amazing people and I worked at a pretty nifty store. I really do hope that Fresh Thyme is able to get the stability it needs to bring back the passion had
  more... for the store. Both the customers and the employees.  less
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, 15% off on top of sales
Cons
Poor management choices, no structure
An okay place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 14, 2018
Most of the people I worked with are gone now. I can say just by going in to shop management seems a whole lot better. It was usually a pretty fun place to work.
Very busy and challenging work,
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 14, 2018
I learned a lot on formal project management and developed great SQL skills. Company introduced 2 major software solutions and I learned a lot on how to successfully roll out new solutions.
I hate this place
Food Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 14, 2018
At the cost of sounding unprofessional, this is the worst job I've ever had. Upper managment is disrespectful and disorganized. Frequentally ignores lower managment's suggestions for increased productively and how to manage product loss. Doesn't trust employees or lower managers and disregards authority of anyone who isn't a suck up. Pay disparity between department managers who have the same or more work responsibilites and experiences despite being paid less.
Disorganized, stressful place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 14, 2018
Not much has changed since the company was fairly new and I started working here. The lack of communication/knowledge sharing between store level employees and corporate is mind blowing. You expect some of that at a new company, but 3 years later there is very little improvement. Employees are not valued, departments are regularly shorthanded and people are overworked. Yet, they still manage to complain about labor hours. There is very little personal responsibility on all levels, and no formal training to speak of.
Fun work but no advancemnet
Assistant Grocery Manager, Assistant Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 12, 2018
Its fun, hard, productive work but the lack of advancement recently has shown and has left me questionable about the companys future. Its a good starting job to gain experience.
Pros
good benefits and time off
Cons
inconsitent managment and comany goals
Stressful environment and duties
Meat Market Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 11, 2018
The grocery busines is highly competitive and stressful business. Many, many responsibilities beyond just cutting meat. quality control, sanitation, inventory and much more.
Pros
Well paying and benefits
Cons
High paced and stressful
Send in the Clowns
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 9, 2018
Did you know when the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus shut down that the clowns who lost their jobs found positions at the Fresh Thyme corporate office in Downers Grove, Illinois?

These clowns, supplemented with a few former Sears and Toys r Us corporate additions from the scrap heap, have created an organization with the most entertaining conference calls this side of the Hindenberg blimp engineering team's biweekly meetings.

Along with vanishing profits providing the magical act at the circus, working at Fresh Thyme gives you a unique opportunity to see first-hand Facebook Live videos that have the production quality of an Albanian UHF TV station frm 1978.
Pros
Clowns are entertaining
Cons
Clowns constantly beeping their red nose horns on conference calls
Poor training, MGMT, culture
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2018
I helped open a store and worked there for 4 months. Within a week of our open my dept manager quit. Within the few months I worked there, the regional VP was fired. The ASD, SD, and several other department managers and asst manager quit. Corporate provided no assistance with the void of leadership. HR was present barely half the time. This may be a good job if you stay away from a leadership role. Otherwise, expect grief and stress from your regional specialists, no support, and a serious lack of a personal life if you do otherwise. As departmental MGMT, you have NO say in hires and fires. You have NO voice. You are a cog to a collection of corporate Huns.
Pros
Retail discount
Cons
Lack of quality in just about everything
Clerk to Career
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 6, 2018
I started as a produce clerk and instantly fell in love with it. I worked very hard but always went home with a smile on my face. I highly recommend this job.
Pros
Discount, samples, promotions
Fun, fast paced enviromrnt
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHNovember 5, 2018
Excellent place to learn. Good workplace enviroment. Helpful human resource department. Learned different skills and now ready to expand. Glad to have been on the team and most appreciated.
Enjoy talking with customers
Clerk/ vitamins (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 4, 2018
Love the Living Well department and helping customers buy what they want/need. I enjoy learning and sharing knowledge with all of our customers. I like working independently and as part of the team
Laidback job
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 31, 2018
Managers and employees are wonderful and hard working they look out for each other and always have your back. They’re also funny and goofy they are a pleasure to have around
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Understaffed, high expectations, high work load
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 30, 2018
Store management was awesome. But company doesn’t know what they are doing. No training set in place for new management, no communication to staff, no accountability for wrong doings. Company has huge expectations for management that cannot be done in 40 hour work week. I’ve seen the entire store quit yet no upper management changes to make things better. Would never recommend working there.
Pros
Potential to get full time
Cons
No training, short staffed, no support
Depended on position
Store Operations Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2018
Some positions required an excessive amount of work hours. Lack of communications was a large con for the company. Did provide meals and mileage for travel
Decent part time/horrible full time
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 27, 2018
Do not work here if you believe in a meritocracy or any advancement in position or wages.

You will forever be at your starting wage no matter what you do.
Very disorganized and poor management at all levels.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAOctober 25, 2018
The typical day of work at Fresh Thyme is very disorganized when the night time person does not do their job completely because it then puts you behind by as much as 2 hours depending on what they did not complete. Either they just don"t do their job or they call off and the management is very lenient with fellow coworkers. The morale is very low and keeping employees there is very low. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to go home.
Pros
Your breaks and the end of your shift.
Cons
Poor management and missed breaks.
Very negative and degrading
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYOctober 21, 2018
This is not a healthy place to work. The culture is toxic and inconsistent and bias. Few employees actually work. Management is clueless and most male managers sit in back office and do nothing but gossip. My job was to do my managers job.
Pros
You get paid for the disrespect they hand out.
Cons
Creepy managers that say inappropriate things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight