Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Employee Reviews

Living Nightmare
Dairy/Frozen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJuly 18, 2018
As the Dairy/Frozen Supervisor you will be responsible for dairy and frozen but given no time to do it. The Grocery Manager and Assistant Grocery Manager expect you to do grocery and bulk then want to give you disciplenary action when your job is not completed. Management has no experience and zero management skills. Fresh Thyme as a company seems to be alright, I just fell into the department with consistent turnover due to the terrible management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pretty much everything
Work as a team
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 13, 2018
Fun everyone works together cutting hours right now looking for part time job to make a little more income cook rotisserie chicken make up salads make pizzas
Pros
Benefits. Pto time. Vacation
Cons
Call ins
Bulk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
It was a good place to work but they kept opening up new stores and then once when establish they started closing them and all employees were very dedicated to the Company then that happened
Poor Management
Assistant Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 11, 2018
Managers at this place of business have very poor management training. They do not communicate with employees very well at all. When voicing concerns you are made to feel as you are a burden to them.
Productive and fun
Assistant Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJuly 6, 2018
The store I worked for had biased managers but the company itself is wonderful. They have great benefits. There are a lot of advancement opportunities. And they pay pretty well.
Pros
Great insurance. Offers pto, and sick days.
Cons
No over time
good
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 3, 2018
Nice work environment ... Staff is good and helpfully.. very busy,have to have a lot of patience in this type of workplace ...........................
Great place to work!
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 25, 2018
Great place to work! Management is fair and makes it easy to do your job. Flexibility is required, but easy to do. Great job culture of respect and affability. Love this place!
Pros
Great culture! Good work and supportive environment.
Cons
Pay isn't the greatest
Fun, but poor Management in Front End Department.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 25, 2018
Fun people to work with. The Manager I had was never consistently there during my shifts. If I had a problem it was hard to get it resolved since my Manager was never around.
Start Up grocery chain- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
CFO and Co-Founder (Former Employee) –  Phoenix and DenverJune 23, 2018
We sold Sunflower Farmers Market to Sprouts. Days after the closing we started to look for funding for Fresh Thyme Farmers market. We closed the funding round 5 months later.

There are now 42 units

Culture was rough, the opposite of companies like Facebook.
Pros
Successful Startup
Cons
High turnover
It is a great place to work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 19, 2018
the staff is friendly. You get to meet new people all of the time. It has lots of unique food options for employees. It is in a great location. It is not a hard job to do. The shifts were not fairly divided among the supervisors.
Productive and Fun
Store Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2018
Fresh Thyme Market is a good place to work. They offer more organic and natural foods that are healthier for the consumer. They make their own nutritional juices, which is nice. The people are friendly and I recommend this job for a first time employee. I have learned more about how to control margin by making sure the orders are geared to the business. The hardest part of the job is knowing how to drive more business during holidays and city events. The most enjoyable part for me is knowing what to expect on a day to day basis. Fresh Thyme is different compared to other major grocery stores, but really enjoyable as this is one of the best places I have worked.
Senior Vitamin and Body Care Specialist East (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 6, 2018
If you enjoy Grocery retail, then this upstart company is the place. Relaxed atmosphere, smaller store formats, friendly management, good benefits and discounts
Produce Associate/Juicer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2018
if you wanna work for Fresh Thyme go for it. I'm sure not everyone of them is all the way the same but if anything they have really good team work at anyone of them
Love this job and the company
Department Manager Health & Wellness (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 2, 2018
The company as a whole is amazing has a great business plan as well as very charitable to the community. The lack of proper management and the extended commute is the only reason I’m seeking other employment.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor leadership
Good Co-workers Bad Management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, IL 60056May 25, 2018
A typical day at work would be coming into the department with a pre planned objective or objectives that need to be completed that shift. Those objectives must be completed while also providing customer service.

The management at this specific store proved very difficult to work under. Unlike other employers who listen to employee concerns, this company does not do anything of the sort. as a result to morale of the workers is regularly low and the tensions between supervisor and worker were very bad. This is made worse as the company corporate offices fail to solve these issues leading to employees regularly leaving the company making it harder for current employees to complete tasks that need more manpower.

The most enjoyable part of this company by far were the workers relationship with one another. There was little to no drama in the workplace and co-workers got along very well.
Pros
Paid lunches, Good Co-worker Relationships
Cons
Horrible Management, Expectations to High, Very Long hours, Corporate management never speak with workers.
Great Team
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2018
Though I came in during the busiest time of the year my department teammates helped me work through the steep learning curve expected at Fresh Thyme. The work all season was hard and fast but the environment was worth it. They were even understanding when I was late to work due to having misread the time schedule.
The only time I didn't enjoy my experience was during one of the higher ups being short with me while our department was short staffed. We were trying to compensate during closing time in order to not go into overtime(which we were explicitly told we were not allowed). We were harassed due to our early cleanup time during the dead evenings hours and asked to place refrigerated produce back out when we were due to close doors 10 minutes later.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Short breaks, Short lunches, occasional stuck up leader
Just okay
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 18, 2018
Not my favorite place to work. I ended up leaving after an incident with a supervisor. I would not tell my best friend to work here. The food and prices are great and going shopping there is fine, I just wouldn’t suggest working there.
Good place to work.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 13, 2018
An excellent place to work. Managment was pretty weak and at times nonexistent. The job its self was not hard and despite lack of management that did not get in the way of working well.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Management did not care about anything.
Corporate Doesn't Have a Clue
Food Service (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 12, 2018
Corporate is constantly coming up with new ideas to make money but does not take the time to plan out what it actually takes to implement these ideas at store level. You are expected to work out a new program without any additional hours for you or your team and then reprimanded when you no longer are able to keep up the presentation and previous programs within the same time frame.
Pros
Regional specialists usually have your back, staff discount, benefits
Cons
short staff, ridiculous corporate expectations, more work/less time
Fun- but stressful, and horrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 11, 2018
Job duties are not hard but they are never ending. Not enough people working, no team collaboration. Managers do not care and do not help out. Often times they are rude and they do not understand how departments work. Just horrible management and no communication. Very unorganized
Pros
30 min lunch with two 10 min breaks
Cons
atmosphere, managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight