Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Good place to work.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 13, 2018
An excellent place to work. Managment was pretty weak and at times nonexistent. The job its self was not hard and despite lack of management that did not get in the way of working well.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Management did not care about anything.
Corporate Doesn't Have a Clue
Food Service (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 12, 2018
Corporate is constantly coming up with new ideas to make money but does not take the time to plan out what it actually takes to implement these ideas at store level. You are expected to work out a new program without any additional hours for you or your team and then reprimanded when you no longer are able to keep up the presentation and previous programs within the same time frame.
Pros
Regional specialists usually have your back, staff discount, benefits
Cons
short staff, ridiculous corporate expectations, more work/less time
Fun- but stressful, and horrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 11, 2018
Job duties are not hard but they are never ending. Not enough people working, no team collaboration. Managers do not care and do not help out. Often times they are rude and they do not understand how departments work. Just horrible management and no communication. Very unorganized
Pros
30 min lunch with two 10 min breaks
Cons
atmosphere, managers
Nice Place to Work
customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2018
Managers are good at their jobs and the training is unique. Definitely not a long term job, but a good part time jobs to help ends meet. If looking for a full time position, keep looking.
Like a big family
Deli Clerk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 7, 2018
Middle management sucks. You only get half an hour for lunch which half of is lost die to long lines at the register. There is no communication between middle management and upper management and middle management gets to make schedules so they get off whenever they want while giving the rest of us attitude when it comes to requesting off
Pros
Nice
Cons
short lunches due to long lines
The Best Grocery Store to work at
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2018
Fresh Thyme is an incredible place to work, they hold daily meetings to go over what we need to improve upon, what was done well, and shout outs for positive customer feedback. I worked in the meat department, and while there is no room for growth in that department unless you have previous training in cutting meat, the clerk position is very rewarding. You set up the meat case, prepare any food needed, and refill food as needed while also helping customers with food options and recommendations based of what they stated they are looking for. There wasnt a better feeling that having someone walk buy and say "wow that all looks really good" as you were the one who had prepared the food.
Love it!!
Front End (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 2, 2018
I love the company. It doesn’t matter were you work you will have good and bad management. Retail will always have high turnover rate, but they do promote within if you communicate it with higher up were you want to be within the company. I transferred from another store and out of my entire time with the company (over a year) I have seen corporate come in many times. They take the time to listen and will make notes. You will not get everything you want but I have seen action taken to ideas.
Pros
Healthcare discount
Cons
Short breaks
Fun friendly place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 30, 2018
great work, fun, good attitudes. the people there are amazing, sometimes the management can be a little slow with getting things done. and the job could pay a little more
Pros
discounts
Cons
low pay
A good place to work
Food Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 28, 2018
This is a good company to work for. Though they are only 4 years old, they have a good concept. It will take a little time for them to work out the kinks in the system but they will get there.
Great work environment
Cheese Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIApril 24, 2018
Its a great environment everyone works together as one big team the higher up people appreciate you and want you to move up in the company. Great place to make good friends.
Needs Consistency
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 16, 2018
Dept. Mngr. skilled but assistants not experienced; assistants micr-manage. Need more self-motivated workers in the dept; lots of chit chat and not enough focus
A few things I found most enjoyable
Supervisor / Store Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Avon, INApril 13, 2018
It was just such an upbeat place to work. I was always surrounded by healthy an delicious food. Often I found myself sharing goodies with my coworkers, some of which I have known since junior high others are newer but nothing less than life-long friends. I was even able to make great connections with my guests, a few still ask about me or contact me to this day.
Terrible work environment
Grocery Manager for six months (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 10, 2018
The management of the store is done through favoritism and the store director sleeps around with his employees. I had no problem with the company itself but the people that they put in charge of the their stores play a huge role in their image as a company.
bad place to work for
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILApril 8, 2018
bad management, at the store i work at there is to much favoritism to employees that were haired by the store manager from the store that he came from. no raise after the first 90 day of employment. keep being told that the store is making money.....but not given to the employees when there review comes up. they expect you to do jobs that are managers jobs and don't get paid for the time you do that job. sorry i ever took this job.can't wait to get out of there. also it is hard to have a positive attitude when you find out that other produce clerks that do the same work you do get paid more that you.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
everything else
Entertaining and exciting workplace!
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 4, 2018
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market was my fist job and I will never forget it! The management is absolutely wonderful; really loved being apart of the Fresh Thyme family.
Pros
Long lunch periods, flexible hours, welcoming staff
Cons
N/a
Horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 2, 2018
Management is terrible they steal money and and have personal vendettas against subordinates I would never recommend my worst enemy to work here. If you want to feel crippling depression every time you enter your register this is the job for you.
Pros
They got some good soup
Cons
Sucks
Exciting with advancement opportunities
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNApril 2, 2018
Has been enjoyable with lots of advancement opportunities. Newer company so always looking to improve and grow. Helpful management that is learning right along side you.
Culture was deteriorating
Senior Store Director (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 26, 2018
The company is struggling to make money and brought senior leadership in to make it cut throat. It was getting more and more difficult to keep the store team happy and motivated.
Pros
Pay
Cons
culture
Good job for teenagers to get work experience
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 26, 2018
Management a little dissatisfied with help from corporate. Retail hours are always hard for life/work balance. No maternity leave for mothers and low pay scale as per the normal for retail.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
retail hours
Grocery Store promoting healthy living
Natural Living Clerk (Current Employee) –  Broad Ripple, INMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. It was a bridge job while moving. I worked full time, but then went to part time. I feel they cut back on staff and cause a lot of stress in the departments due to not having enough help so the committed who show up are ragged and get burned out. But if the department manager is cool, like mine was, the job is fun regardless. They didn't fire anyone to cut back, they just don't hire anyone to replace those that leave.
Pros
Higher than average employee discount of 15%
Cons
Changing schedule every week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight