Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Employee Reviews

Despicable Place
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 19, 2019
I thought Walmart was bad. This place is so horrible. Understaffed always but hours are always cut. Need 8 people only get 2. Communication skills between everyone in management is horrible. Took a month to get my yearly review. Can’t call in even if we have a doctors note to cover. Not even in my own department ever. My own department is suffering but the keep putting me in a different one. So many more things I could say...
Managers over step on dating staff
Worker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 19, 2019
Managers friends with to many staff members....few more then?
So they do no wrong?
No bag checks....management leave with big shopping bags and not checked.
If producted pulled or expired free to them ONLY!
Horrible
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 17, 2019
They do not care what so ever about there employees nor there employees families. Theu close stores down and tell the employees sorry we don't have anywhere for you to go. Will give you one weeks pay for every year you been here. Were sorry that you no longer can provide for your family nor have health insurance for them. While they go get on there planes and fly back home and make there thousands of dollars when there the reason the company is failing.
Management!
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 12, 2019
To many chief's and not enough worker's when hired in, made if difficult to work. The deli was a mess not big enough for the work to be done. I just didn't like it considering how much I looked forward to working there.
Terrible managment
Bulk Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHAugust 9, 2019
I loved my job but hated the environment. Toxic and hateful, I'm glad I got out. Learned how to do things "their" way and still got treated badly for no reason. Management needs to learn a lot about running a team.
Fun place to work, bad company
Fourth Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2019
I love all the people I work with, the company is trash though. They don't care about their employees at all and they over work employees, change their job titles without communicating. None of the store directors know how to communicate.
Ok place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2019
If you like to kiss management behind and gossip all day,this is the job for you
.it took them about 8 months until i got my 90 day review.it started out great,but the first and only time i asked for schedule accommodation it would never be right for a whole week,i had to put off a semester of school.bc they couldn't give me s range of hrs i would be workinh everyday. Store manager is a complete you kno what if your not one of his favorites,he won't even say hello.so glad I got out of that place
the favorites the s
It's okay
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2019
If your intuned with someone's health and want to go the holistic approach it's a great store. I myself learned alot about ownership, dedication, and efficient.
Learned alot about healthy living
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 3, 2019
The pay is pretty good, They have lots of call ins that they brush under the rug and let dedicated hard working people go for a comment. I dont feel the management team is beneficial unless you become close friends with them.
Worst Job ever
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2019
This job is so stressful! You get no help from management at all. They just leave you hanging. They expect so much from you for being a front end supervisor. Cashiers never show up to work. I don't get paid enough for all the things I have to do. I have to train the management above me on how to do things. I go in for opening shifts from 6-3. Come back 4 hours later to close the store. Or you call in sick they still make you come in and work. They say their flexible, but they are not. They don't appreciate you. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING OVERTIME! They will take that away from you so fast.
No training for cashiers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 29, 2019
There is a the huge lack of training given to cashiers who are completely new to the job and then being blamed for unknown mistakes! It’s completely ridiculous and makes you feel as though you’re stupid when in reality they threw you on the job without giving you any knowledge on absolutely anything. Also, the staff can be a bit odd and unfriendly. Both my supervisor and other coworker have gone out of their way to be mean to me despite my constant kindness and it has made the job incredibly unpleasant and upsetting. Overall this is not a great fit for someone who doesn’t pick things up easily or for someone who can’t deal with a petty team of co workers! Lots of red flags overall.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stressful, very little training
A day at work at Fresh Thyme
Meat clerk (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILJuly 29, 2019
After I punch in I go to my department and start to work on my production list. I also have to help customers. I learned how to follow receipes and make meatloaf, hamburger patties, various meals, skin the salmon. The hardest part of my job is when it is inventory time and I have to pull both the fish and gourmet case. It is a lot of work when they deep clean the case the case the next day. Then you need to get the shopping carts and pull all the doors off and well as all the inside parts of the case. I do enjoy helping the customers.
Aweful
Assistant Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 29, 2019
Management is clueless and really have no idea what is going on.
No help ever 2 people to do the work of 5. No breaks and 30-minute lunch. No accountability for bad associates.
Empty promises
Night Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 27, 2019
They’ll promise advancement and better pay but it never comes. Will hire outside before promoting. Upper management seem to listen, but they don’t. Very wasteful company. Rather throw things away than give to those in need. Too many traveling management making all the money. Don’t care about loosing dedicated people. Very disappointing Co. Pot smoking trainers in produce.
Unprofessional
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 24, 2019
Being part of a group of people that gossip is more important than hard work and loyalty. You sell you soul to the devil to work here. Toxic incestuous environment where fear is used to silence you if you don't agree or fit in.
It could be a lot better
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJuly 21, 2019
Fresh thyme is a decent company and they are expanding quickly. however like another review said they seem to be too preoccupied with the next opening and don't take the time to properly make sure the stores they have are running well.
Unobtainable goals
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 19, 2019
Poor corporate management. Low raises. Often work off the clock. Good benefits but only 3 sick days per year with no roll over. Inventory monthly for perishables causing an overnight shift.
Apply here if you want to live at fresh thyme
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 19, 2019
If you plan on doing absolutely nothing with your life then work here! You will be forced to work 6 days minimum, we’d start at 2pm and wouldn’t get to leave until the work was done which was usually around 12:30am but could go up to as far as 4 am. In all fairness this was mentioned during my interview but the severity of the problems were left out. They claimed that bringing us new hires on would solve these issues and that things would get better, they never did. They have about 2-3 floor “supervisors” that do absolutely nothing but sit in their cubicle all day, text on their phones and have the nerve to complain that you need to go faster. There was one supervisor in particular who was an older gentleman and although he was generally nice, his had was so far up his a** he didn’t know what he was talking about most of the time. You are expected to pick 150 cases/hr which wasn’t too unreasonable but for someone who gets 1 day off a week it can get tiring. Only good thing about this job was the pay, at $17.50/hr it was fair, but is it worth practically living at your job? I don’t think so. Don’t expect any holidays off either. You do get an employee discount card but their stores are extremely overpriced you’d be better off throwing it in the trash and shopping elsewhere. You get three breaks, a 30 min lunch, a 20 minute break and a 10 minute break. The turn over rate here is ridiculous as I saw atleast 6-8 people quit in just a MONTH, along with many more stating they are going to quit in the near future.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Literally everything else
Co workers are all that make it worth it.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 18, 2019
Very stressful place. Comes from the top down. Corporate wants the store to run perfectly with the very least amount of hours fore each department. Expect way too much from each person. Constant criticism. Don’t keep promises. Raises were a joke. Some people didn’t even get one. Fresh Thyme is too worried about opening the next store instead of making the stores they have run properly. Micromanage every single detail and watch you every second.
Pros
Money for department managers was fair.
Cons
They want robots instead of employees. Work work work!! No human can keep that pace up for long.
Enjoyed my time at Fresh Thyme
ASST. STORE DIRECTOR/STORE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHJuly 14, 2019
I felt fortunate to be a part of a growing company with much growth potential. Fresh Thyme was a good place to grow and learn as they were doing the same thing as a company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight