freshii Employee Reviews

super slow work place with not much ever going on
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I worked here for about two months and averaged 3 hours a week.. I was working part time but asked for at least 15 hours a week. I was never really trained but when I was they would just repeat the same things over and over again
Pros
free food
Cons
horrible hours, barely any training
Bien
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Todo bien buen servicio y gran idea de combinación de comidas
Great Place to Work; Poor Manager
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2019
I loved the atmosphere at Freshii, I liked the people I worked with, I got along with a lot of them. unfortunately, this was cut short due to the co-manager. Bad temper, would do things out of spite or vindictiveness. I absolutely loved the owner of the current Freshii's in Grand Rapids, I did not want to leave because of him. Most enjoyable was the people and the interaction with customers and coworkers. Preparing the food during lunch rush was a bit challenging. From working here I've learned a lot about patients. Overall I would love to work for Freshii and the owner again!
It's cool and tiring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Honestly fast or super slow environment. Management could be more organized. It is nice for what it is, without said I could say more recigizition would be nice.
Pros
cleanliness
Cons
no free lunch
Easy going place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2018
Great spot, great pay. Gets busy at times but through team work it’s easy to manage the place. Pretty easy, great food and fair discount. Would recommend.
College job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 23, 2018
Many of the employees are young. Definitely a place where anyone with a high school diploma can work.
Challenging experience with hard work ethic.
Would recommend to high school students in order to gain time management and discipline skills.
Amazing work enviorment
Cashier / Line / Prep / Closing manager (Current Employee) –  DowntownNovember 13, 2018
I am beyond blessed to have been given the opportunity to be a part of the Freshii family. I love my manager Taylor and the women who surround me at work.
diverse experience
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
Great job but very particular on advancement. It was a great job experience but the need to be open to moving employees up in postion should be in house and not seek employees outside or form other stores.
Family Environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work is consistent. There is a checklist of things to do everyday, but the team definitely makes it worthwhile. The workplace culture is mostly casual. The hardest part of the job would be managing the flow of customers, where sometimes there can be 5 an hour versus 100+ during lunch rush. Even though sometimes it may seem like a lot, it is definitely a great work environment and time flies by.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short/No breaks
it was hard work
Cashier / Cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2018
When i worked here at Freshii i was unhappy but need the money the place an the people was nice but there was always something going on the crew talked about one another an it was just to much for me so i had to quit. I didn't want this job to suck me in
Pros
moving all day
Cons
some of the crew talking about others
management, and ownership is not good.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
they just opened 4 months ago, the entire 4 months they have had 2 managers, 2 assistant managers, the assistant manager was in charge till the found a new one, and she would put the schedule out the night(after 10pm) before you were supposed to work and we open at 7 am so earliest shift would be 6 am. forgets to put people on the schedule, the managment has absolutely no respect for anyone that works there and doesn't respond to you when you ask them questions, no communication or responsibility for anything that goes wrong. the owners are almost never there, have no time to spend with family, and when you request days off they complain that you are taking too much time off. cant call out or they will threaten your job, and don't be surprised when they say you are the only one that does your job then the next week you have like 5 hours. oh and also they hire on new people and after 2 weeks of them working there they get promoted!
Cons
unconstant scheduling, horrible managment, no security in your job ever.
Linecook at freshii
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Far as the food its decide. But the management is poor. Very under pay to work downtown. Under staff for a busy place as Chicago.only reason i stayed so long was because of my bills.
Pros
Discount on food thats it
Cons
Just about everything
Productive , Polite & Kid Friendly
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 15, 2018
I would recommend freshii to anyone as a job or a place to eat. The workers there are very polite & understanding. we have a healthy kids menu with a variety of choices. we also respect vegetarians.
Not a great first job
Team Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 20, 2018
Very poor management and very unorganized.
I had a job offering before they were even open. I volunteered to attend events that helped promote a healthy lifestyle.
All of a sudden, they contacted me through email saying they overstaffed and had to let people go (I was one).
Great experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 16, 2018
I started out here and was only planning to stay for a few months. I ended up staying for two years and it was an overall great experience! The company really gets its crew involved with the changes, new foods , experiences and education on menu items and customer service! Management was all played off always room for improvement!
Pros
Flexible, fun environment, new food culture! Decent pay good hours! Overall easy job even as higher positions.
Cons
Co worker drama. Can sometimes be stressful
Worst job ever
Team Lead/Supervisor/Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2018
By far the worst corporation ive ever worked for that was beyond racist! I cannot believe ive put up with the lies and drama from this place for 6months ive never felt so over worked in my life i did it all mine and the managers job and got no praise the management and the corporate people are heartless and dont give two about over working you while under paying you this job did noting but teach me that people are cruel i was the supervisor of my location and they did noting but laugh in my face and treat me like some illiterate being they always made racial slurs about not being the owner of a slave bus in reference to keeping us in order i feel highly offended and baffled by these people not to mention the amount of unpaid bills they always paid late is crazy they did noting to help all they ever did was bash they also owe me and more old employees money that they never gave us this wouldnt be the frist time freshii is in trouble in the us in my eyes their mission is a scam to be frank the amount of food that they waste [messed up bowls ,wraps,&burritos] which to mention is refused to be given to team members for free as well as homeless people they make you pay for dead food and the food poisoning is no joke happened to me back when they recalled romaine in april sick for 4days and was made to come in still they dont care about you they only care how they can use you
Pros
That i left
Cons
No breaks, they slave you for next to noting, never give you your raises, give up your life
Good
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2018
Learned a lot through working for them. Eating habits improved a great deal. The ambiance was quite delightful and the store setup was comfortable and cozy
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Do not work here
foh (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2018
This place is not good for anyone to work at. All new employees leave and all the old ones do as well. Management is not appropriate at all. Shady business being run here. Avoid at all costs!!!
Very fast paced
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 30, 2018
I didn’t have a very good experience here because even though I told the manager before I started that I had a bad ankle and that I might have to sit down for a little bit would always put the customers first, which is what I did, she still got mad at me when I sat down once when there wasn’t any customers around. Plus when I came in 2 minuets late twice she yelled at me but when another guy comes in 30 mins late she doesn’t do anything about it
Cons
Manager plays favorites
It fun environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
It’s good job for anyone that is in college. They are open from 6am-12am, m- Thursday and on Fridays the close at 2:30 or 3 pm. They also provide food for you during your lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at freshii. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight