freshii Employee Reviews

diverse experience
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
Great job but very particular on advancement. It was a great job experience but the need to be open to moving employees up in postion should be in house and not seek employees outside or form other stores.
it was hard work
Cashier / Cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2018
When i worked here at Freshii i was unhappy but need the money the place an the people was nice but there was always something going on the crew talked about one another an it was just to much for me so i had to quit. I didn't want this job to suck me in
Pros
moving all day
Cons
some of the crew talking about others
management, and ownership is not good.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
they just opened 4 months ago, the entire 4 months they have had 2 managers, 2 assistant managers, the assistant manager was in charge till the found a new one, and she would put the schedule out the night(after 10pm) before you were supposed to work and we open at 7 am so earliest shift would be 6 am. forgets to put people on the schedule, the managment has absolutely no respect for anyone that works there and doesn't respond to you when you ask them questions, no communication or responsibility for anything that goes wrong. the owners are almost never there, have no time to spend with family, and when you request days off they complain that you are taking too much time off. cant call out or they will threaten your job, and don't be surprised when they say you are the only one that does your job then the next week you have like 5 hours. oh and also they hire on new people and after 2 weeks of them working there they get promoted!
Cons
unconstant scheduling, horrible managment, no security in your job ever.
Linecook at freshii
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Far as the food its decide. But the management is poor. Very under pay to work downtown. Under staff for a busy place as Chicago.only reason i stayed so long was because of my bills.
Pros
Discount on food thats it
Cons
Just about everything
Productive , Polite & Kid Friendly
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 15, 2018
I would recommend freshii to anyone as a job or a place to eat. The workers there are very polite & understanding. we have a healthy kids menu with a variety of choices. we also respect vegetarians.
Not a great first job
Team Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 20, 2018
Very poor management and very unorganized.
I had a job offering before they were even open. I volunteered to attend events that helped promote a healthy lifestyle.
All of a sudden, they contacted me through email saying they overstaffed and had to let people go (I was one).
Great experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 16, 2018
I started out here and was only planning to stay for a few months. I ended up staying for two years and it was an overall great experience! The company really gets its crew involved with the changes, new foods , experiences and education on menu items and customer service! Management was all played off always room for improvement!
Pros
Flexible, fun environment, new food culture! Decent pay good hours! Overall easy job even as higher positions.
Cons
Co worker drama. Can sometimes be stressful
Worst job ever
Team Lead/Supervisor/Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2018
By far the worst corporation ive ever worked for that was beyond racist! I cannot believe ive put up with the lies and drama from this place for 6months ive never felt so over worked in my life i did it all mine and the managers job and got no praise the management and the corporate people are heartless and dont give two about over working you while under paying you this job did noting but teach me that people are cruel i was the supervisor of my location and they did noting but laugh in my face and treat me like some illiterate being they always made racial slurs about not being the owner of a slave bus in reference to keeping us in order i feel highly offended and baffled by these people not to mention the amount of unpaid bills they always paid late is crazy they did noting to help all they ever did was bash they also owe me and more old employees money that they never gave us this wouldnt be the frist time freshii is in trouble in the us in my eyes their mission is a scam to be frank the amount of food that they waste [messed up bowls ,wraps,&burritos] which to mention is refused to be given to team members for free as well as homeless people they make you pay for dead food and the food poisoning is no joke happened to me back when they recalled romaine in april sick for 4days and was made to come in still they dont care about you they only care how they can use you
Pros
That i left
Cons
No breaks, they slave you for next to noting, never give you your raises, give up your life
Good
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2018
Learned a lot through working for them. Eating habits improved a great deal. The ambiance was quite delightful and the store setup was comfortable and cozy
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Do not work here
foh (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2018
This place is not good for anyone to work at. All new employees leave and all the old ones do as well. Management is not appropriate at all. Shady business being run here. Avoid at all costs!!!
Very fast paced
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 30, 2018
I didn’t have a very good experience here because even though I told the manager before I started that I had a bad ankle and that I might have to sit down for a little bit would always put the customers first, which is what I did, she still got mad at me when I sat down once when there wasn’t any customers around. Plus when I came in 2 minuets late twice she yelled at me but when another guy comes in 30 mins late she doesn’t do anything about it
Cons
Manager plays favorites
It fun environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
It’s good job for anyone that is in college. They are open from 6am-12am, m- Thursday and on Fridays the close at 2:30 or 3 pm. They also provide food for you during your lunch.
totally unorganized
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 2, 2018
When I first started I enjoyed it. I quickly became friends with my coworkers and it was actually fun. As time went by I started noticing that it was actually a toxic work atmosphere where there were rumors being spread around and such. The manager was always passive aggressive towards the employees and talked to us as if we were children and that was really uncomfortable for me. In my experience, the manager was incredibly unprofessional at times and didn't treat us with respect. Also, I noticed how totally unorganized the system was and how they always sent schedules Sunday's, late in the afternoons and that caused problems for me.
Overall, the work was easy, but got hectic during lunch rushes. I don't regret working there, but I do wish I could've had a better experience.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Chain
Food-Prep/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 24, 2018
It was okay for what it was, a mid to low end good chain, selling health conscious fast food.

They had policies that were illegal(Portland, OR) that we as a store refused to follow ,such as clocking out for ten minute breaks.

For our area it was a very underplayed position(such is the struggle with rapid gentrification in the housing sectors and corporate despotism refusing cost of living wage increases). At the store I worked at we mostly sold over glorified spread to lawyers who could not pronounce Oaxaca. If you have made spread or gone to a freshii you will know that the food is mixed in a trash bag.(at freshii a compost bag)

My store had a very skilled and overstressed prep-cook who was clearly not being acknowledged. The environment was just as hostile as any other low end food chain where people think they can treat you poorly simply because of your occupation yet still expect a unique and glories experience.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
See above
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 17, 2018
Every employee quit at the same time because the new manager was abusive. Asked for a raise always was promised for one and it never happened. Too much gossip and drama at work.
Quick paced and fun with the right coworkers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 3, 2018
Work at Freshii was simple, only stressful during lunch rushes. Management was okay but had organizational issues. Coworkers were good for the most part, but came and went quickly. Hardest part of the job was the rushes, while the most enjoyable part to me was the food prep in the back.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
No scheduled breaks at all
Awesome and Healthy
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 24, 2018
I love it here! it is upbeat and fun. I feel like I spend all day hanging out with my friends. Fast paced but still relaxed environment. Great people work here.
Pros
friendly and accepting
Cons
no benefits
If it wasnt for my co workers
Lead Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2018
the reason I loved working at freshii was because of my co workers. the manager that hired me didn't stay long and the manager after that was very unprofessional.
Pros
co workers
Cons
manager
great company, bad managment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2018
i Loved what I've learned about healthy eating from working there and i was excited to tell the guest the benefits of the food that they purchased. but management didn't care how the food was being prepped or handled. I got food poisoning twice there. we moved to a high competive area and we never made money. management didnt even promote us or anything.
Pros
healthy choices, and learn what foods were best for home remedies
Cons
no healthcare, no pto, favorism
It is a great place to work!
TEAM LEAD (OPENING MANAGER) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
I love I! the management is great! the team (employers) are outgoing and funny, which helps your work day go by a little faster. it is a fast paced job, it gets busy during lunch hours, which also helps the day go by faster. all in all, the owner, general manager, and the employees make it a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at freshii. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight