Freshpoint Employee Reviews

Low pay company
Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2019
at freshpiont Drivers get paid less then what a forklift operator get paid.
Drivers work too hard for the money
Fheshpoint need to update paid rate
For commercial drivers class A the average pay rate nowadays 2019 it's at least $26 per hour. Definitely drivers deserve get paid well
That's why many drivers we are leaving freshpiont for a better pay rate.
Drivers we have the power to change it all!!
Yea,h that's all.
Pros
We have the power to change it all.
Cons
No money, no work. H.e.l.l yeah.
Stressful
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Freshpoint is a extremely fast paced job. The routes start at 3:30 am Monday- Saturday. When you complete your route and return they can send you out again for a second run, when there is a shortage of drivers I have been sent back a third time. Because of DOT regulations they can have you work up to 14 hrs a day
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
Poor Communication
fast pace
Route Sales Driver Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2019
You have to be an energetic driver. early mornings start some late evenings finish. Its a hustle, you are not going to make good money just riding on the truck.
benefits
Cons
work/life balance poor
Good pay and relaxed
General Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2019
I loved working there. I was able to pay my bills and save. If I was late for any reason I was contacted by my manager with nothing but respect and concern.
Challenging
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 11, 2019
A challenging and fast pace place to work. It was a family based company, but the family has retired and the culture has changed. It has become more report based than culture based.
productive job with job advancing opportunities fast paced
Lead Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2019
slightly cold temperature through out warehouse especially in production room. Fast paced work with overtime oppurtunities as well as job advancement oppurtunities
Last option
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2019
The two driver supervisors were ok and they seemed to really care about the drivers but they were still company men. The other reviews about the human resource lady was correct, she’s great . The way second runs were handled and the off days were just unacceptable which led me to find other employment
Pros
Learned a lot about fruits and veggies
Cons
Pay, off days, and favoritism
La experiencia fue inolvidable, los supervisores de buena calidad humana...pero muy poca la paga para el trabajo que se realiza.
Produccion de vegetales (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Trabajar para está empresa fue una experiencia de mucho enriquecimiento personal, aunque se trabaja con frio para mi el mantenerse preparando diversos vegetales era entretenido, me gustó mucho,los supervisores fueron bien profesionales, respetuosos y siempre dispuestos a escuchar y buscar solución a cualquier dificultad, se comparte como familia...pero los dueños no quieren pagar un sueldo justo a sus empleados y esto provoca que poco a poco los empleados decidan irse.
Pros
Buen plan medico
Cons
Me pagaban $9.00 por hora y eso no me ayudaba a pagar comodamente mis cuentas.
I would not recommend
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 21, 2019
Overall this job takes time off your life,i DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB! there will be no saturdays off for drivers,unless you are a manager.long days barely have time off before you have to be in the next day.wasn't always like. this was a good job at one time,but things change.And if u have a family forget about quality family time.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
you will find yourself hating this place
Not a good place as the “next step” for mid-level management/professionals
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2019
You would think that being a company of Sysco that Freshpoint would be an impressive place to work. It has a long way to go. One big complaint I always heard was why Sysco got certain perks, while Freshpoint didn’t. There’s too much disconnect between how things are done at Sysco and at FreshPoint, and I saw numerous employees leave Freshpoint either to go to Sysco or other outside opportunities. Not to mention that archaic systems they use that consistently is prone to errors and causes additional work and stress on employees to fix, on top of their already high workload. This applies to ALL areas: sales, purchasing, warehouse, QA, accounting. If you are considering an opportunity here, you need to be sure that all other potential opportunities are worse.
Pros
Discounted produce, sometimes free
Cons
Management, work environment, work hours, OLD systems
Tough job
Produce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Hard to be competitive in the food business. Management was not the best. Great new facility, overall folks did not want to be there. Many problems from delivery to quality issues.
Buen ambiente
Packer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Buen ambiente de trabajo, y rápido de aprender y buenos compañeros
Cons
No hay hora de salida
Okay
Order Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Keyes, CAJanuary 9, 2019
It was okay the workers where not as helpful at night..like they would feel threatened if u would be good at your job and move up or get more money im not to sure..
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
The best job I’ve ever had! Great company
Produce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2019
I worked in the retail end of the produce business for 33 years..... I now work as a produce specialist in the wholesale portion of the business. The people are mature and helpful, management fights for your success and HR guides you through the first 2 or 3 weeks while offering on going support. It’s fun, exciting and the harder you work the more to achieve!
Imagine working with a team that actually cares about your opinions??? Wow.... the warehouse guys make the place tick and do an awesome job. The team vibe is awesome and I can’t believe I allowed myself to suffer in retail as long as I did... and oh yeah... did I mention..I LOVE THIS JOB! You may think this is all smoke and mirrors, but I always am up front .
Great company, Great people and Great job.... period.
Pros
Time off, discounts on produce, travel pay, great benefits, cool bosses.
Cons
Zero..... yes zero. I jump out of bed.
Kind of boring and to much work for 9.00 dollars an hour.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJanuary 6, 2019
I think it’s a good job for anyone who can stand up all day sometimes 12-20 hours. I feel as if the hours everyone work they should at least get paid 12 dollars and hour not 9. Hopefully they get it together and start paying more.
Pros
You have a little shop where you can buy food if you don’t have transportation.
Cons
Breaks should be long and the food should be cheaper.
Ok if you just need money.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2019
Two things this company has is a great human resource woman who really cares and 1 great head manager who true his best. The workers all have individual problems in the shows at work. Favoritism is a big thing especially when it comes to getting routes and money if you're just starting you're going to start all the way at the bottom unless you cool with somebody and management. The person who hands out second runs also shows favoritism to certain drivers. This company needs lots of changes starting with the head guy in charge who also doesn't do anything. Remember always read what you sign because they don't explain anything to you when you signing papers as well. Wouldn't waste my time telling someone about a company with many flaws.
Pros
Its a job./ early start
No work family balance
Driver Check (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 2, 2018
The only people that went home early were the office staff, warehouse people were worked to the bone not treated fairly.
HR never got in paperwork on time when needed for Benefits ect.
To much favoritism among themselves. Management never jumped in to help where needed all they would do is point fingers. A good leader leads from the front! Many Managers left because they couldn't hack the work or being leaders.
Pros
They fed you once a month big deal
Cons
Not a good company to work for
Trabajar bajo mucho frioo
Fruits cuts (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2018
Es bueno en el sentido de cortar frutas y empacar aveces dan muchas horas pero la paga no es muy buena por trabajar bajas temperaturas es muy rapido de prender pero hace demaciado de frio
Lack of communication
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
You would had to be into work at 2 a.m or 4 a.m and supervisor would change your time frame and route without calling you or texting at a reasonable time. Training only would last for a few days and put you out there by yourself. If you local they always want you to go back out on second runs like you don’t have a life outside of the job. Management are inexperience and don’t help. It’s no team work there and all areas of the job only for there area. Selectors would have boxes all on different pallets and loader would load the truck whatever way they want.
Pros
Pay scale
Cons
No work/ life balance
n/a
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 20, 2018
Fresh Point was amazing to work for. The only reason I left was because I had an overnight shift and wasnt able to change and working overnight was not working for me.