Fresno PACE for Seniors Employee Reviews

Professional growth opportunities for entry-level professionals
Healthcare Professional (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 7, 2019
I was very excited to learn that PACE invests in entry-level professionals. I graduated from college as a business major not really knowing what field I wanted to pursue. Working for PACE I realize that healthcare is challenging, fulfilling and a broad landscape to apply my business skills. I like working and collaborating with highly skilled doctors and other licensed professionals. Interacting with participants has also been very fulfilling.
Pros
collabortion and participant interaction
Cons
very deadline oriented but manageable
I love my job and the PTPs
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2019
I encourage people who are willing to work together to make a real difference in the lives of seniors to apply for this company. Our ADHC provides enriching activities and gives the PTPs a sense of belonging. Yes, we have had some changes of upper management but we now have an amazing team that provides strong leadership.
Don’t walk, RUN away!
Healthcare privider (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 23, 2019
Management is rude, doesn’t value experience and knowledge of others. Leadership is poor appears incompetent. If I were the owner I would have grave concerns. Leadership seems inexperienced as you will get three different answers to the same question from the ED. It was a very oppressive environment a
Autocratic Leadership
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Downtown FresnoJuly 18, 2019
The PACE healthcare model has the potential to make a powerful impact on Fresno. Unfortunately, executive leadership leans on an autocratic leadership style which undermines the company's ability to thrive.
PACE would benefit from adopting an "Inverted Organizational Structure." It's necessary to adhere to a chain of command and compliance, but it is also important to empower everyone in the company to do their jobs well.
This mindset would help employee retention which would reduce the need to enter "survival mode" every couple years. "Survival mode" follows the cycle of turnover in which all the new employees need to be trained on their job but don't have anyone to train them. The Executive Director ends up needing to provide training, resulting in overall frustration because the ED leans on assumption and micromanagement instead of coaching.
Straight up dump
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 12, 2019
This place is an absolute nightmare. The owners are greedy, manipulative liars that will explode at the slightest of reasons. Avoid this place AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Everything about this dump
Do not work here
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 6, 2019
Bad leadership, zero employee engagement, will tell you what you need to hear to get you in the door HR Dept is less than honest. Clinic had director with zero clinical experience or knowledge. Nepotism!!!!
Pros
Free lunch by gross catering company
Cons
Leadership
Quality < Money
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Upper leadership is bad and she treats all employees like garbage. The people who are left are overworked and taken for granted. How can you say that your purpose is to improve patient lives when all you see is a dollar sign?
Pros
Participants
Cons
Burnout
Poor management
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 29, 2018
The experience here was poor executive management which creates a culture of blame instead of proactive measures. Because the power base is fear driven, people simply throw each other under the bus because management is looking to place blame instead of finding feasible and viable solutions.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Poor management
Fresno Pace Review
Center Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 1, 2017
Fresno Pace was a fast paced environment that kept me busy consistently. When I started there as the Center Managers Assistant my role was clear. But soon after I started (3 days) the Center Manager left the company for personal reasons. His leave left me in the dark about what my role was moving forward since hiring a new Manager did take some time. This left me with open options to where and when I was needed with the company. I would make it my effort to look for things that I could do to help the company advance and move forward. I was never left without at task in hand. If I did complete all my goals I would set new ones and work to completing them in the most efficient ways possible. I learned a lot at Fresno Pace, such as, managerial skills, undertaking leadership roles, organizational skills, facilitating meetings, prioritizing work loads, computer skills, and more. The best part of the job was that i was constantly busy, and working with the people at Fresno Pace was very enjoyable as well.
Pros
Free Lunches every other Friday.
Cons
Could be stressful at times.
Terrible work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 7, 2017
Fresno PACE is a phenomenal program and has grown exponentially, which has caused a lot of growing pains. Ownership has brought in new senior management that is terrible and killing the spirit of the staff and burning through many good people.
Pros
Great concept, many good people
Cons
Bad culture
People were nice to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 28, 2017
A new company that is growing with lots of growing pains, but still small enough that everyone knows everyone. There is a high turnover rate due to unwillingness to adapt as company grows.