Fresno Pacific University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Productive and Fun Workplace
Student Assistant Caller (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 28, 2018
It's a job on campus. Not much more than that. Hours are always flexible, and can be given a whole lot of time off of work upon request. A job on campus is self explanatory. Managers are always great and is a fun place to work with your peers and learn more.
Pros
Flexible between work schedules, usually during school hours, learning experience
Cons
not many hours, minimum wage most of the time
Great workplace to work at
Office Assistant Academic Support Center (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I am more pleased than I could be to be an employee in FPU. I love to work here. It is only missing more career possibilities for my future. that is why I am looking for new posibilities
Good Christian University
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  onlineNovember 26, 2017
Fresno Pacific University is a great place to study. Fresno Pacific is also a good place to work. They have many very positive aspects of culture that made it a good experience.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
many changes at the organization in last few years
Give Direction
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 23, 2017
The important thing about this job is to know about the school and how everything works. You need to be ready to answer any question that comes your way.
Pros
working with the staff
Cons
Not knowing an answer to a question
Anonymous
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 14, 2017
Good place to get experience. You get the opportunity to work with great people and especially work with retired police officers. You can valuable knowledge from those who have already worked in the criminal justice system.
Pros
Working with great people and opportunity to get an education
Cons
Pay
Excellent place to work, hate to leave.
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful family atmosphere. Was able to advance at a good pace. Good benefits. Hate to leave, valley is a bad place to live because of air quality.
Great place to work - family oriented
Assistant Director of Community Development (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 9, 2017
I would say this is the perfect place to feel apart of something . It is high touch and personable. It is faith based, so there is a caring aspect I have never seen before.
Pros
Leadership training
Cons
no pay raises
Balanced work and life environment
Student Financial Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2017
I work part time in a student worker position and I love working here because they are flexible with my work schedule and my co-workers are nice and friendly.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a
Awesome Christian University
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 25, 2017
I worked there as a student and it was so nice! They worked with my class schedule and were flexible if I needed to not work to study. My bosses were great and cared about me as a person.
Great kids to coach
Head men's basketball coach (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 27, 2017
Kids to coach were great and really enjoyed them. Worked hard in the one year we were there and tried to really improve the culture and build young man
Potential to be great but often disappoints.
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Working as a student is not a great way to make money. Conduct standards are unclear and inconsistent. Student workers are often overworked and underappreciated. However, the community is rewarding.
Family Feeling
Student online support for over 900 students (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 10, 2016
A beautiful group of people that worked well together and was a very fun place to work. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2016
The staff and faculty are always pleasant to be around. The environment is very peaceful and relaxing. There's a positive message almost daily.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great people, archaiac perspective
Director of Outreach & Development Merced Campus (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Great university in terms of people, dedication, and community value. Leadership is in the 70's in a digital age. Too many decision makers slow any hope for growth and change and that is why they are being pushed out of the market by lesser schools. 75% of upper leadership needs to retire.
Great University
CHORAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to build relationships with students and staff members. A great mutual learning environment that equips young professionals for entry into competitive work environments.
Pros
Mutual learning environment
Cons
Not enough opportunities for employment
Buen ambiente laboral
Practicante de Redacción y Relaciones Públicas (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 27, 2016
El trabajo en equipo se siente y no solo se enfoca en las funciones laborales sino en asegurarse de que todos esten bien. Las personas en el equipo se preocupan las unas por las otras.
Pros
buen ambiente
Cons
pocas posibilidades de ascender
Good family place of employment -- leadership tunnel vision
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Great place for work and ministry to be one. Though your pay will reflect more of the ministry side. Has students as a priority, though that seems to be headed more in a numbers direction.
Pros
Good overall culture
Cons
Immediate leadership has narrow views and pay is so so
Overall enjoyable work environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day would include anything from managing gear and editing to going on a last minute shoot. The work environment differed in pace from day to day and one day I would be organizing archive data and the next would be shooting footage of the university president.

I learned a large amount about the realities of the production process. If class is the theory and application in a controlled environment, my job at Fresno Pacific was the practice and experience with the realities of video production. One of the most important things I learned was the ability to perform under pressure. Multiple times a year we produced events at which I had to run camera in front of large audiences. The largest audience I produced in front of was 8,000 people at a FPU spring graduation.

Management was very kind and understanding of the intricacies of being a student worker. My bosses stressed school first but were eager to give me additional work if I thought I could handle the load.

I had a small amount of co-workers but everyone was very kind and easy to work with almost all of the time.

The hardest part of the job was learning to collaborate with superiors. It taught e the ability to understand that even if a creative idea of mine was not acted upon, it was still valuable and appreciated. The job was also physically demanding at times. As the only one in the office capable of performing more physically demanding tasks I was asked often to lift, carry, crawl, among other things that are essential to the video production process.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able
  more... to work with people I enjoyed and learning skills that added to my ability to perform one of my passions - video editing. On a regular basis I was instructed to edit videos for the university which sparked my creative interest and made me more engaged in all the other duties I had on the job. The ability to see a project through from the beginning creative stages to the final output was exciting and intellectually stimulating.  less
Pros
Friendly co-workers, flexibility with my schedule, varying duties from day to day
Cons
Low pay, physically demanding at times, occasionally slow but also occasionally extremely high pressure
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 13, 2015
It was a professional setting where you had the freedom to work by yourself as well as accompanied by others. Care about your personal growth within the field.
Nice nice people to work with.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 13, 2015
I enjoyed the people and the push for education. I'm thankful I was able to go to school and work at the same time. Easy to take time off for kids and family.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Almost impossible to promote.