Fresno Unified School District Employee Reviews

Good people to meet
Peer Mentoring (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 16, 2018
In peer mentoring, you meet some good kids and some bad ones. It's our job to make them choose the good paths that may be ahead of them. This is what makes the job fun.
teacher Aid and Bilingual Aid
Tutor, Teachers Aide and Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 16, 2018
dealing with the students on the continuation school. Helped teacher teach math and interpreter to the bilingual student and parents.
The hardest part of my job was that the student in the continuation school is the most difficult to deal with them because they may or not follow the rules in the school. I never enjoyed this job at all.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
there was a break.
Some grade level teachers are not on the same page with classified employees as myself.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2018
Management seems to more than usual, change job descriptions to suit themselves without notice. Expect alot for very little pay. Not enough recognition for the job (duties).
A stressful day
Child Care Provider/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 5, 2018
The hardest things about the job were when I had to take care of 5 infants and 7 toddlers. The toddlers were running around and all the babies were crying at the same time. I had to call the office to send someone to help, but they didn't get there until the class was over. So I had to struggle for 3 hours with ho help and multiple crying babies.
Pros
Their is never a boring day.
Cons
You might get a lot of crying babies.
Loved being a teacher
Middle School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 5, 2018
I loved teaching middle school and would recommend the teaching profession to anyone who likes kids and wants to make a difference in their lives. It's exhausting work but they are our future!
it’s good but not good pay
Newly time assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 5, 2018
it’s a good job and easy to work at but the hours and pay aren’t very good.my first boss at fresno untie was weird and didn’t really talk to me much instead he would get angry if i asked question
Great pt job
Assumes responsibilities of an absent teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93722August 31, 2018
I love working as a substitute teacher. I am doing this while going to school and raising a family, so I enjoy the flexability and pay. It also requires a bachelors degree and C-Best passed, which makes me feel like Im not wasting my education.
Family friendly
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 28, 2018
Very flexible w/schedules and family supportive. Excellent co workers, students are wonderful. Perfect set up if you have kids still in school because when you are off for holidays, summer breaks, weekends, etc. your children are home too.
Great teaching opportunities
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a student teacher and substitute teacher. I worked with special needs children as well as multiple grades in the mainstream classroom.
fun
Rugby Coach (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 24, 2018
enjoyed the time with the team, had a great experience learning about everyone's struggles and where the kids come from. Much a humbling experience that kept me in shape
I love working for the school district
Dispatch operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 15, 2018
I really loved working for Fresno Unified School district. I was able to gain experience in so many different areas that, I'm prepared, willing and qualified to work almost anywhere, with the experience I gained at the school district.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Seeing kids who being miss treated by staff and family.
Fun work place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 26, 2018
My typical day is working and playing with children
Daily curriculum
Indoor/ outdoors activities
Provide breakfast, snack & lunch
Circle/ group time
Fun Day
Teacher aide II (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2018
When I do art projects with the kids. and they love it. Teaching the kids to cut paper, cut paper, and read is the best feeling in the world. They are like your owns
you meet different types of cultures
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 13, 2018
A typical day at work is to educate students as well my self.

What you learned. What I have you cannot saved everyone from making a poor choice.

Management What i like about management they check in every with all employees all day long.

The hardest part of the job is keeping students on task.

The most enjoyable part of the job is sitting down with a family working with them too make healthy and safety choices.
This is a perfect place to start for potential educators.
Classified Substitute (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 2, 2018
It was nice being able to choose where and when to work. However, there is not much description on the actual duties of each assignment. There is usually only a brief and general categorization hinting at the duties for each assignment.
If you are great with kids and extremely Patient this could be the job for you
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 30, 2018
I love what I do as a Classified Sub. I'm familiar with ACCESS/ATLAS. I do clerical work, answer phones, computer work, help out parents both Spanish/English. I also work as a TA (K-12) as well as Mild to Moderate/Special Ed and paste lab
Pros
You have Holidays and weekends off to be with your Kids
Cons
Once a month pay
Great Opportunities
Classifed Substitute (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 28, 2018
Make your own schedule and choose when you want to work. If they like you as a sub you will get called pretty often and be in a better position to be hired on permanent.
Good start if your a stundent
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 26, 2018
You'll get benefits and be awarded certificates that can help you for other jobs in the near future. There are many jobs that will want a person that had work in a School District.
Pros
good jobs and better pay
Cons
may only get short work
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 19, 2018
The environment was always collaborative, and enthusiastic. The youth were grateful in the positive mindset we represented. Personally I acquired a different and positive perspective, from my time being.
Pros
Tax exempt
Cons
Limited hours
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 14, 2018
Excellent,love working with kids. Watching the kids learning and growing up to their character is rewarding. Injoying the sports competition. Helping them to learn and watch them grow is a blessing.
Pros
Great learning experience