Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Underpaid underappreciated
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 8, 2018
Management is a joke. They won't listen to employees. Huge lack of communication. If management doesn't like you, your chances of advancing are out the door. Supervisors are bullies and have no idea how to run a shift, let alone a business. The only good thing about the business is the workers. Hard workers who are underpaid and not appreciated. I have no idea why some of the employees haven't moved on to a better job, with so many better opportunities in the area. The company won't last if they keep running it the way they do now.
Pros
Awesome workers
Cons
Costly Insurance. Needs new Management
Hostile Working Environment
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Milan, OHAugust 6, 2018
The pace is typically fast and stressful. Positions are not always back-filled when associates leave.
I've learned 2 different ERP systems.
Management is not very effective with a lot of favoritism.
I feel it's a hostile work environment. Lots of incidents with racism and sexism.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough people to do the job effectively.
The most enjoyable part of the job is autonomy.
Pros
The company does several morale boosters throughout the year.
Cons
Variable hours for shift workers, poor management.
Not a good review
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 4, 2018
The organization has a quality policy which management anticipates everyone to adhere to except for themselves. The company allows associates a 35 minute break per day, while associates are required to stay on the property. Management is permitted one hour + break per day and are allowed to leave the property. The management does not lead by example and most are unethical. This organization does not promote from with in.
A continuously "petty" enviorment!!
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHJuly 24, 2018
I was employed for 6 weeks!! That's all I could take!! I have 20 years of extensive logistics experience that goes back to my career in the military!! I've never seen so much wasted space and the unwillingness to fix it!! You're working a lot harder than you have to!! The schedule for work was bizarre for a time sensitive operation!!
Pros
Indoor controlled temperture
Cons
Petty management
Job interview was good, better than most
Electrical Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 16, 2018
Freudenberg is a good place to work, like most places it has its' good and bad aspects. It has a high turnover in personnel and training is lacking in most areas. But it gives engineering a chance to make a large difference in operations.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us detailed feedback on your experience at Freudenberg!

We are so pleased that you felt your contributions to Freudenberg were impacting the company on a large scale. We continually strive to provide our associates with meaningful and rewarding work so its reassuring to hear that we are accomplishing that. In regards to training, we will take this feedback to the appropriate teams and work towards improving how we training and invest in our associates.

Our candidate experience during the interview process is a top priority so it’s exciting to hear that you had such a positive one!

New management!!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 9, 2018
Having many years in the production industry. This is by far. The worst place I have ever worked. The crew has no support what’s so ever from management. They are the worst I have ever worked with in my life. The crew are very amazing people. Management does nothing for them. Machines can be done and not one part of the management team could tell you why. Management will walk by and ask what’s going on. Then just walk away. Not once jump in and help. Everyone is working 12 your days 6 to 7 days a week. That is not a JOKE. Parts have gone days with out being ran cause of schedule mess ups. Putting them farther behind. There is no one a crew member is able to go to in getting help with this problem. Do to all management are friends. This is by far the worst I have ever seen. With the best workers I have ever seen. Please if you can find a better place to work then I assure you. Wait if you can and go for something else.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us detailed feedback on your experience at Freudenberg.

It is unfortunate that your time with us ended up being a negative experience. We understand that having the right people in the right roles is key to a company’s success. It’s concerning to hear that your experience with management was such a difficult one but without this information, we cannot begin to correct the issue. We appreciate your honesty and have passed this feedback on to the appropriate teams in order to work towards positive improvement.

Corporate HR Team

Good benefits and friendly employees. Management is disconnected from employees.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 28, 2018
There are many good things about working here including employee appreciation for the bargaining groups and a flexible work schedule. There is alot of turnover, pay is not competitive, and management wastes more time nit-picking and micromanaging employees than they do trying to retain good workers. Upper management is condescending and non responsive, most of days spent in meetings and completely out of reach.
Pros
Work environment is pleasant and friendly
Cons
Micromanagement at its best

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this honest feedback about your time with Freudenberg.

Talent management is an area that we, as a company, take very seriously and that includes tackling issues such as high turnover and successful management. It is critical that we hear information like this in order to refine our process and work towards improvement in these areas. We have passed this feedback on to the appropriate teams and will be working towards positive improvement.

Always moving
Extruder Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, NHMay 24, 2018
A great working experience with great management and great co-workers. Always available overtime. Every day was something new, which kept the job fresh.
Work place Culture
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bristol, NHMay 24, 2018
Very quiet place to work. I learned much from the department I was working in. Management team are very professional. The environment was a bit to quiet for my particular needs.
Solid middle of the road manufacturing site
Metrology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 23, 2018
Well established facility with dependable processes. Some turnover in management areas. QA department solid. Metrology area needs revamped and metrology techs need trained or reassigned.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 28, 2018
Great opportunity for advancement, good work environment, nice people. Work/life balance is a challenge. Overall a wonderful place to work and I would recommend to others.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 26, 2018
It's a great place to work . The teamwork and comradeship its paramount. The environment is not stressful.Safety first concept as well as a Do It right the first time concept.
Benefits
Cons
FNOK was an ok place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, INApril 21, 2018
I worked here 18 years ago. The name has changed and the two plants have divided up into two different companies since I worked there. I have no idea how it is today.
Great place to work, Lacks upper management operator relations
Group Leader/2nd shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NHMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at FNOK and if I wasn't for losing my brother and requiring some time off for family I would most likely still be there. Upper management should get to know the operators on the floor. They're great people that work very hard. A little acknowledgement goes a very long way.
Pros
unlimited OT
Cons
10 min quick break and 20 min quick lunch
Great Company
Sales and Marketing Manager SSA (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 19, 2018
Technology driven automotive supplier
7 to 5 most days
production works a lot of overtime do to difficulty in staffing. Growing area with a lot of competing companies in the need of manufacturing labor workers.
Cut throat
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 8, 2018
Typical factory where management has no clue what they are doing. Huge communication problems. They love to hand out write-ups if your not meeting production requirements.
Pros
paid for lunch
Cons
only get 20 minutes for lunch
Productive and systematically scheduled
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Northfield, NHFebruary 24, 2018
Good place. Like any other factory. Excellent advancement opportunity. Great GROWTTH /Lean Management community. Easy work. Always available overtime.
A great place to start as long as you don't get complacent.
Operator/Shipping Coordinator/Setup (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 11, 2018
The overall working expectations are simple for basic operators. The stress from many levels of management is ridiculous. The union keeps the bare minimum employees around and the overtime is seniority based. Very clean working environment. If you leave your cell you will be reprimanded. Management isn't bad, just under trained, like most of the floor. High rate of turnover due to seniority and pettiness. Only takes about a year and a half to get to first shift. Upper management (case by case basis) seem to bully employees making it an unpleasant working environment. Good place to start in manufacturing but don't get complacent. There are better opportunities out there.
Pros
Short time on off shift
Cons
Management has dealt with children so long they treat almost everyone that way.
Fast-paced work with great benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, GAFebruary 5, 2018
Fruedenberg is a great place to work and the benefits are great. The training for any position is very hands-on and detailed. Everyone is friendly and helpful. It doesn't take very long before you feel like your department is a second family. Running several machines makes the days go by fast. The benefits offered are great. As well as a minimum of 40 hours each week
Pros
great benefits; health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid holidays & vacations
Cons
weekend shifts
Fixed hours
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NHFebruary 4, 2018
Shifts are always the same every day, pay is decent and pay raises are frequent. Unfortunately you have to start on third shift which personally wasn't ideal but to each his own