Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies Employee Reviews

Stressful Environment
TRM Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, GANovember 11, 2018
Overworked and little appreciation by the management staff. Expected to work without any say so about conditions. Had to drive to work regardless of the weather. They find any little thing to fire you so that they dont have to pay unemployment, their favorite line is insubordination.
My thoughts
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, NHNovember 1, 2018
I leaned about many deferent skills in manufacturing for production
equipment and management for maintenance machines, but I had to work every day per week due to the lack of personal with the skills
to help in the technical field for this area of New Hampshire.
Need to find an opportunities with less working hours, I have recorded my overtime to 1300 hours per year and double time to
400 hour per year. Would like to slow down.!!
A Good company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 27, 2018
My typical day consists of running through my daily job functions as an inside sales representative. It includes responding to customer inquiries, project(s) follow up, RFQ reviews, pricing strategy review, cross divisions interaction, entertain internal & customer meetings, team trainings, etc. I have a good management team that give good flexibility and freedom to express individuality while fostering a positive team environment of continuous development. I've had great colleagues that have made my time with Freudenberg an enjoyable experience.
Pros
team atmosphere
It’s ok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 4, 2018
It’s ok to work there sometimes it’s not fear in some sort of things stressful really fast I don’t really mind in being fast but it’s the people rushing you
Pros
Payed for breaks
Cons
Etc
Co-workers were good, not the best learning environment
Materials Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 2, 2018
Did not have the ability to ask questions to learn processes, spent most of my time in a lab collecting data and not being able to learn or understand what this data had to do with the process.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
expected to carry the load of two people at all times
Productive fun workplace
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, INSeptember 25, 2018
Standing running different press machines making seals for automobiles. Checking seals to make sure they are good reliable usable products before shipping out to companies.
Would not recommend
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NH 03276September 25, 2018
Hard work, attendance does not allow for advancement in this company. Favoritism and brown nosing allow for movement within the company. No set overtime schedule so you're constantly waiting for Wednesday to see if you're scheduled to work mandatory overtime on Saturday. The atmosphere at work is middle school to elementary behavior with coworkers feeling a need for feeling superior to others. It allows for the brown nosing and favoritism to work it's magic in the work areas. The starting pay is above minimum wage but the jobs are very fast paced and contain focus to detail. however, the company allows defects passed along all the way to pack out before it is to be caught (hopefully) and stopped before being passed along to the customer. Hopefully a revamp will occur sometime in the near future with their management to make the quick paced flow of production become more readily able to perform at required rates.
Pros
you learn new and older machinary
Cons
no praise or raise for succeeding at job
Generally a good group to work with, though very stressful at times
Process Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, GASeptember 25, 2018
I learned a great deal about the manufacturing processes used in industry and the testing standards used to determine quality product. For the most part the group I worked with was a great group to work for. The company does place a fairly heavy workload on all of its engineers and as a co-op I assisted in alleviating some of the workload.
Decent place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, INSeptember 24, 2018
Fired on technicality, felt it was unjust after HR had said one thing and did another, hold no grudges though i thoroughly enjoyed my time that i was there and my boss and coworkers were amazing people to work with
Pros
good environment and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Bad HR staff
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  New HampshireSeptember 14, 2018
Good company with good management. Opportunities for advancement. Especially liked their commitment to improvement and drive for perfection. Practice what they preach.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback on your experience at Freudenberg!

We are so thrilled to hear that your time with us was such a positive experience. Our goal is to be an employer of choice and to retain top talent so we are pleased to hear that you so advancement opportunities for yourself. We pride ourselves on living our Guiding Principles every day, so again, it is encouraging to hear that you felt this was true for your location.

This feedback has been passed on to the appropriate teams and will be used to work towards maintaining our progressive work environment.

Job keeps you busy
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHSeptember 13, 2018
I was taught how to run my own injection molding machine, and then I was essentially on my own. You had to work fast and keep pace with the molding machine, the cutter, and then quality check, so there wasn't too often a relaxing moment. But I did like it, as I fealt I had alot of responsibility, and the starting pay was nice. You only got sundays off though, so that's a bummer.
Pros
Paid lunch, good hours, no slow moments
Cons
No breaks other than lunch

Hello,

We are happy to hear that your time with us was a positive experience. A fast paced work environment can be difficult to manage but it is great to hear that you felt properly trained to be successful. We appreciate your honesty about the time off and will take this opinion into consideration.

Pays the bills
Machine Opperator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, NHSeptember 12, 2018
They preach LEAN systems but do not follow them. Everyone is paid the same whether you work hard or are a slacker. Newer employees get paid the same as longtime employees. Working hard doesn't get you anywhere, brown nosing does. Overall it is a job that allows you to provide for your family.
Pros
It is a job.
Cons
There are better employers out there.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback on your experience at Freudenberg.

We regret to hear that your time with us was not a positive experience. Compensation is a dynamic and ever-changing area of business. Without feedback like this, we cannot improve and adjust our policies in order to sty competitive in the current market. We appreciate your honesty and openness about this issue.

Underpaid underappreciated
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 8, 2018
Management is a joke. They won't listen to employees. Huge lack of communication. If management doesn't like you, your chances of advancing are out the door. Supervisors are bullies and have no idea how to run a shift, let alone a business. The only good thing about the business is the workers. Hard workers who are underpaid and not appreciated. I have no idea why some of the employees haven't moved on to a better job, with so many better opportunities in the area. The company won't last if they keep running it the way they do now.
Pros
Awesome workers
Cons
Costly Insurance. Needs new Management

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear that your time with us was such a negative experience. Having an organization with strong leaders is critical to its success and we are constantly working on making sure our management is the best it can be. Compensation and benefits costs are an ever changing and very dynamic industry, so Freudenberg is continually working and remaining competitive in both of these areas. This feedback has been passed on to the appropriate teams and will be used to work towards positive improvement.

Hostile Working Environment
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Milan, OHAugust 6, 2018
The pace is typically fast and stressful. Positions are not always back-filled when associates leave.
I've learned 2 different ERP systems.
Management is not very effective with a lot of favoritism.
I feel it's a hostile work environment. Lots of incidents with racism and sexism.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough people to do the job effectively.
The most enjoyable part of the job is autonomy.
Pros
The company does several morale boosters throughout the year.
Cons
Variable hours for shift workers, poor management.

Hello,

We regret to hear that your time with us was not a positive one. We take incidents of racism and sexism very seriously. If you would be willing to contact us directly to discuss these further, we would be open to hearing the feedback directly from you.

Working towards a lean and streamlined work flow is our overall goal. We are sorry that that led to you feeling like there weren’t enough people on your team to be successful. This feedback has been passed on to the appropriate teams and will be used to work towards positive improvement.

Not a good review
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 4, 2018
The organization has a quality policy which management anticipates everyone to adhere to except for themselves. The company allows associates a 35 minute break per day, while associates are required to stay on the property. Management is permitted one hour + break per day and are allowed to leave the property. The management does not lead by example and most are unethical. This organization does not promote from with in.

Hello,

We regret to hear that your time with us was such a negative experience. Hearing about the variations in expectations of different employee groups is concerning. We have a company wide goal of being an employee of choice and a progressive company. We also work diligently at creating upward mobility for our associates whenever possible, so we are sorry to hear that this was not the case for you. This feedback has been passed on to the appropriate teams and will be used to work towards positive improvement.

Corporate HR Team

A continuously "petty" enviorment!!
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHJuly 24, 2018
I was employed for 6 weeks!! That's all I could take!! I have 20 years of extensive logistics experience that goes back to my career in the military!! I've never seen so much wasted space and the unwillingness to fix it!! You're working a lot harder than you have to!! The schedule for work was bizarre for a time sensitive operation!!
Pros
Indoor controlled temperture
Cons
Petty management

Hello,

We regret to hear that your time with us was such a negative experience. Our goal is to be an innovative and progressive company and it is unfortunate that you felt this was not the case. This feedback has been passed on to the appropriate teams and will be used to work towards positive improvement.

Corporate HR Team

Working in a hot enviroment isnt for everyone
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 19, 2018
This place isnt for everyone, if you don't like working 10+ hours in a hot environment with a strict output percentage then please skip. If you like working a lot of overtime and don't mind the heat then this a place for you. 10 hours mon-fri and 8 hours on saturdays.
Pros
Overtime, Great staff, great benefits
Cons
No personal life, long hours, hot enviroment.

Hello,

We appreciate you giving us a 4 Star rating, despite the less than favorable conditions you described. While some of the conditions are unavoidable, we are focused on maintaining a comfortable working environment for all of our associates. This feedback has been passed on to the appropriate teams and will be used to work towards positive improvement.

Corporate HR Team

Job interview was good, better than most
Electrical Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 16, 2018
Freudenberg is a good place to work, like most places it has its' good and bad aspects. It has a high turnover in personnel and training is lacking in most areas. But it gives engineering a chance to make a large difference in operations.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us detailed feedback on your experience at Freudenberg!

We are so pleased that you felt your contributions to Freudenberg were impacting the company on a large scale. We continually strive to provide our associates with meaningful and rewarding work so its reassuring to hear that we are accomplishing that. In regards to training, we will take this feedback to the appropriate teams and work towards improving how we training and invest in our associates.

Our candidate experience during the interview process is a top priority so it’s exciting to hear that you had such a positive one!

New management!!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 9, 2018
Having many years in the production industry. This is by far. The worst place I have ever worked. The crew has no support what’s so ever from management. They are the worst I have ever worked with in my life. The crew are very amazing people. Management does nothing for them. Machines can be done and not one part of the management team could tell you why. Management will walk by and ask what’s going on. Then just walk away. Not once jump in and help. Everyone is working 12 your days 6 to 7 days a week. That is not a JOKE. Parts have gone days with out being ran cause of schedule mess ups. Putting them farther behind. There is no one a crew member is able to go to in getting help with this problem. Do to all management are friends. This is by far the worst I have ever seen. With the best workers I have ever seen. Please if you can find a better place to work then I assure you. Wait if you can and go for something else.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us detailed feedback on your experience at Freudenberg.

It is unfortunate that your time with us ended up being a negative experience. We understand that having the right people in the right roles is key to a company’s success. It’s concerning to hear that your experience with management was such a difficult one but without this information, we cannot begin to correct the issue. We appreciate your honesty and have passed this feedback on to the appropriate teams in order to work towards positive improvement.

Corporate HR Team

Good benefits and friendly employees. Management is disconnected from employees.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 28, 2018
There are many good things about working here including employee appreciation for the bargaining groups and a flexible work schedule. There is alot of turnover, pay is not competitive, and management wastes more time nit-picking and micromanaging employees than they do trying to retain good workers. Upper management is condescending and non responsive, most of days spent in meetings and completely out of reach.
Pros
Work environment is pleasant and friendly
Cons
Micromanagement at its best

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this honest feedback about your time with Freudenberg.

Talent management is an area that we, as a company, take very seriously and that includes tackling issues such as high turnover and successful management. It is critical that we hear information like this in order to refine our process and work towards improvement in these areas. We have passed this feedback on to the appropriate teams and will be working towards positive improvement.

Corporate HR Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about