FREUDENBERG GROUP Employee Reviews

supervisors are very knowledgeable
parts are small
nothing is too heavy
touch screen on presses
Pros
hours of work
Cons
only 30 min lunch and no smoking area
Horrible in Hopkinsville Kentucky
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 6, 2019
I can't speak for other parts of the Freudenberg Group because I only worked at the Hopkinsville location. The company used to be a great place to work with a family atmosphere. This was prior to the new management, which was about 4 to 5 years ago. It used to be a rarity to work overtime. The hours started gradually going up as our new management team, headed by Mr. Daniel Wagoner, tried to implement lean manufacturing processes. While all along not caring about the extra workload this put on the people working on the floor. We went from hardly any overtime to 6 and sometimes 7 days a week averaging 10.5 to 12 hours a day. No respect is shown to the worker bees on the floor. The only way to seek advancement is to pucker up and kiss alot of butt, that is unless you are one of the good old boys. This man brought in alot of his past friends and coworkers into key positions. Little does he know alot of them talk about him behind his back. I once went for a lower management position which I was qualified for, but I dared to challenge "his" authority. In short, the place is ran by a dictator. Longest 9 years of my life... God has blessed me and I have moved on to a truly world class employer.
Pros
Alot of money, earned through overtime ONLY
Cons
No advancement, no respect, no life
Bad management, only if you are part of inner circle
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 14, 2019
Avoid this place like the plague. They do not care about the people. Management says 1 thing does the opposite. Does not have a clue on how to treat people. Even the employees are against each other. Supervisors have relationships with employees. The motto " we all take care" but only if you are part of their inner circle. Bad management from the top to floor level. Too much politics
Pros
Cons
They dont know how to treat the most important part of the group" the employees"
Semi-exciting position with a lot of potential
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 30, 2019
Depending on position, workday can have a lot of variation from day to day. You are given almost free reign on which projects you want to pursue, but you must justify them to a very, very conservative management team. Culture did not exactly promote advancement in the field at first, but the company as a whole does want you to advance your career.
verry streesful
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 27, 2018
the company president refuses to hire more help they a understaffed so you get to do everyones job onto of your own expect to work 7days a week 12hrs a day i people have worked there for months with no days off what so ever...thre is no training you are expected to know everything are are treated like an idiot if you don't know how to do something.no work life balance what so ever
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no life outside of work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 15, 2018
The people where friendly and helpful while I was there. It was easy to catch on to things and how things ran. Management didn't communicate with their employees to well
Pros
Friendship
Cons
Poor communication
Productive Company
Welding Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bamberg, SCDecember 11, 2018
Great place to work with a great relation between us in the USA and our German counterparts. The company gave me freedom to develop in my welding career.
Pros
Good people
management
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 30, 2018
training inadequate. Questioning discouraged. Favoritism is a strong problem. Manager was hostile to questions and cancelled almost every requested training meeting. Expectations poorly communicated.
stable company with good work life balance
Sr. Business Dev Mgr (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
Freudenberg is a stable (but conservative) company with good work life balance.
They offer trainings and also job rotation for a varied learning experience.
Very friendly workplace culture.
Poor culture
Operator/Setup (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, GAOctober 7, 2018
Strictly a job. Don't plan to go anywhere fast as far as advancement goes. Communication is non-existent. You can buy vacation days if you want more than a week, but only five can be purchased.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
No communication, machinery constantly breaking down, hourly goals unrealistic.
Fast paced
Setter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 6, 2018
It was a really fast paced environment and at time it became too stressful to want to even work there. The individuals that worked there were fun to be around but the overall vibe was too intense for my taste.
Plant Manager is a joke Management back stabs
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHApril 25, 2018
Plant manager only talks to women dresses 4 sizes to small, leadership is out to get each other, will throw you under the bus, drama starters they play favorites. They can’t make a decision without being fed what to say, You can advance if your good at telling stories and starting drama, this place is going downhill fast.
Never Good Enough
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milan, OHApril 22, 2018
Make your numbers, complete all work timely and accurately, lead and be responsible for projects and activities completely outside of scope of your role - do it all and still not good enough. Always want and expect more and not willing to pay for it. Freeze raises for office staff. Middle management and below - great people. Upper management is extremely poor and out of touch with the facility and the staff. Culture is very poor as well as employee morale.
Pros
Middle Mgmt and below employees are great
Cons
Upper mgmt, culture, benefits
high stress
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 7, 2018
High Stress - decent pay. The opportunity for advancement is detailed. Learning the process of the company and the variant pathways to advancement is intricate.
day at work
Certified forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Bamberg, SCJanuary 23, 2018
A day at work the focus is really on safety, quality, and production. Its kind of busy since I have to do multiple jobs from driving the fork lift assembling parts or working on the assembly line.
Worst union ever
Material handler, injection, ptfe (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 14, 2017
Obviously by the turn over rate and currently hiring through indeed you can see they treat their employees horrible. You can see even the salary positions are turning over at record speed. Second shift was treated like low level dogs by day shift management in charge of each department. Union members were all a part of a bigger union that was actually in charge. We just met to complain but the bigger union rep outside of company made all the decisions at contract time. One union group split into two. Two freudenberg-nok companies in different areas the other company got the benefits and say so at contract time . We just had to follow and pay then our dues to laugh at us. Shipping and receive passed parts just to get them out the door to the Milan company. I went through two supervisors and two production managers in three years. ,
Pros
People on the floor and some engineers were friendly
Cons
Union, Management, bid bump day knocked you off your job and shift every 18 mon
factory work
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, NHNovember 3, 2017
this work is not for everybody. it is factory work and its is very repetitive work depending on what job you get put on. you could be standing or sitting for your entire shift.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
repetitive work and lots of lifting
Local
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  NHOctober 8, 2017
Clean environment. Memory is rusty but never had an experience that was overly positive or negative. Many years have passed so no idea what it is like now
Pros
Breaks
Cons
End
Toxic Cesspool of office politics backbiting and resentment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHAugust 6, 2017
Best example of departments not willing to work together and seeing other departments as competition. People go out of their way to not work together.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Toxic work environment
A good company
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 7, 2017
I learned alot when I working in this company . It is a good place to start your first job. People are nice in there. Time passing fast in this place, and I enjoy working everyday.
Pros
Lot of opportunity, working with nice people
Cons
People like to blame on each other instead of focus on solving problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREUDENBERG GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.