Freytag's Florist Employee Reviews

Unique workplace, company, and staff
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2018
Given that this company is a local florist, the owners do a really good job of treating all of their employees well. They offer fair benefits, allow inputs of creativity where it's needed, and maintain a nice & safe work environment for everyone. You can tell they have knowledge about the floral industry and try to keep up with the latest trends. There are major holidays when employees are required to work extra and punctuality is very important. But it's also a great experience working together and getting things done on time for the customers. Plus, they provide free food and drinks. By the end of it, you're always recognized for your hard work and are motivated to tackle it again next year.
Pros
Free coffee, good benefits, team-oriented, friendly owners and staff, open for creativity
Cons
Work extra hours, limited advancement
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2018
Freytag's Florist has been my favorite job I've worked. The employees are fun and nice. The Freytag family is very generous and great to work with. The work environment is pretty laid back and easy going. Since I work in the phone room, I have a set schedule that allows me to have most weekends off, working a Saturday every now and then. The hardest part is working the holidays. Valentine's day and Mother's day takes a lot out of you. It's exhausting and stressful, but it goes by really quick.
Amazing culture and great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2017
The employees are all very team oriented. The benefits are amazing. This is the only job I have had where I can honestly say I enjoyed everyone's company. The owners are very gracious and always let you know how much your hard work is appreciated.
Horrible Company to Work For
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2015
I worked at Freytag's for a little over ten months and couldn't believe that such a successful business treated their employees so poorly. Firstly, the hours are ridiculous and never are you told before you accept the position that a "full time employee" to them is a 50-60 hour work week. If you'd like to work a typical 40 hour work week, consider working part time for Freytag's because that's what they consider "part-time". Secondly, we work 10 hour days Mon-Fri and they offer you an hour off the clock a day...but you're not allowed to take it all at once, or between certain times, they don't really want you off the clock period when you're there. They encourage you to eat while you work and to never give your feet a rest. Last and most importantly, the management is nonexistent. "Management" will curse you out, tell you you're replaceable and never show any appreciation towards your hard work. There's no room for advancing in the company and they rarely give out raises. It's an extremely toxic environment to subject yourself to. I have never seen employees treated with such disrespect by "management". The sad thing is, is that they really have an amazing team. I enjoyed working with my coworkers each and everyday and they are the reason I wouldn't mind going to work everyday. There's so much talent and potential and it's heartbreaking to see it go unappreciated. The only pros to working at Freytag's is all the gorgeous flowers, because they really do have an amazing selection, and the people you'll work with.
Official response from Freytag's Florist
March 1, 2017

We thank you for the time you spent with us. I am sorry it did not work out for you. I hope things are going well for you currently!

Really enjoy it
Design (Former Employee) –  Austin TXOctober 23, 2015
Great benefits, I have never heard of a florist that has full benefits. We worked hard but were rewarded. Job security is great. It was wonderful to work for a family business where the owners care about you and you aren't just a number.
Pros
Great benefits
No Room for Advancing
Customer Service & Plant Design (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2015
There is no room or advancing in the company, the compensation is much less than what it should be for every employee, the hours are outrageous and the employees are not treated appropriately by management.
Official response from Freytag's Florist
March 1, 2017

We thank you for the time you spent with us. I am sorry it did not work out for you. Best wishes to you in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freytag's Florist. Our community is ready to answer.

Freytag's Florist Reviews by Location