Freytag's Florist

Freytag's Florist Employee Reviews

United States7 reviews
Friendly staff, fast paced, great workplace culture
As a SCR my schedule is generally set Mon-Fri with most weekends off. There is plenty of voluntary overtime with rotating Saturdays if interested. The phone room staff is very friendly and extremely team oriented, almost like a Mom/Pop Shop vibes in the phone room. The breaks are fairly short, but you are given three 25 minute breaks through out the day. There is little room for advancement, but there is always something to keep you busy with. The Freytag's are always generous with potlucks and providing meals during busier holiday seasons! Overall, I enjoy working at Freytag's for the friendly environment, health/401 K/life insurance benefits and creative outlet.
Pros
Paid vacation, voluntary overtime, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Little Room for Advancement
Works you like a dog for minimal pay.
This is a specialized job that requires artistic intelligence and specific training, but does not credit for so. They are not concerned about career advancement, and are almost openly and actively against it. Also they do not concern themselves with the physical safety of the workers, several of which have had contagious and mysterious hand infections from the flowers. The employers were also well aware of this fact.
Pros
The boss sometimes brings you his family's leftover dinner.
Cons
grueling hours, cut-throat time limits, mean spirited owner
Fun place to work
Freytag's Florist has been my favorite job I've worked. The employees are fun and nice. The Freytag family is very generous and great to work with. The work environment is pretty laid back and easy going. Since I work in the phone room, I have a set schedule that allows me to have most weekends off, working a Saturday every now and then. The hardest part is working the holidays. Valentine's day and Mother's day takes a lot out of you. It's exhausting and stressful, but it goes by really quick.
Amazing culture and great benefits
The employees are all very team oriented. The benefits are amazing. This is the only job I have had where I can honestly say I enjoyed everyone's company. The owners are very gracious and always let you know how much your hard work is appreciated.
Horrible Company to Work For
I worked at Freytag's for a little over ten months and couldn't believe that such a successful business treated their employees so poorly. Firstly, the hours are ridiculous and never are you told before you accept the position that a "full time employee" to them is a 50-60 hour work week. If you'd like to work a typical 40 hour work week, consider working part time for Freytag's because that's what they consider "part-time". Secondly, we work 10 hour days Mon-Fri and they offer you an hour off the clock a day...but you're not allowed to take it all at once, or between certain times, they don't really want you off the clock period when you're there. They encourage you to eat while you work and to never give your feet a rest. Last and most importantly, the management is nonexistent. "Management" will curse you out, tell you you're replaceable and never show any appreciation towards your hard work. There's no room for advancing in the company and they rarely give out raises. It's an extremely toxic environment to subject yourself to. I have never seen employees treated with such disrespect by "management". The sad thing is, is that they really have an amazing team. I enjoyed working with my coworkers each and everyday and they are the reason I wouldn't mind going to work everyday. There's so much talent and potential and it's heartbreaking to see it go unappreciated. The only pros to working at Freytag's is all the gorgeous flowers, because they really do have an amazing selection, and the people you'll work with.
Official response from Freytag's Florist
March 1, 2017
We thank you for the time you spent with us. I am sorry it did not work out for you. I hope things are going well for you currently!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Really enjoy it
Great benefits, I have never heard of a florist that has full benefits. We worked hard but were rewarded. Job security is great. It was wonderful to work for a family business where the owners care about you and you aren't just a number.
Pros
Great benefits
No Room for Advancing
There is no room or advancing in the company, the compensation is much less than what it should be for every employee, the hours are outrageous and the employees are not treated appropriately by management.
Official response from Freytag's Florist
March 1, 2017
We thank you for the time you spent with us. I am sorry it did not work out for you. Best wishes to you in the future!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freytag's Florist. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7