Friendly's Employee Reviews

Found 1,463 reviews matching the search See all 1,474 reviews
Manager
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 24, 2019
Don't work here, don't eat here. The employees are severely underpaid. The management is incompetent. You'll find a better experience working any else.
Low staffed and unorganized
Server and fountain (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 21, 2019
I loved working at friendly’s until the higher mangers and etc fired me for something I didn’t do. Also, they are very unorganized and low staffed. I wouldn’t suggest anyone to work there.
Poor management
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Centerville, PAJune 20, 2019
Learning the menu is easy as it tends to be for me in any restaurant. The lack of a well structured management team was the biggest killer of working here for me
Good while it lasted
Server (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJune 19, 2019
I showed up to work and there was a sign on the door saying that our branch was closed... No warning or anything... Just.. Surprise!

My family deserved more than that.

Work was rewarding in its own way, once you get friendly with the staff. Second home of sorts. Good money sometimes too!
productive, fun family restaurant
Ice Cream Scooper (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 19, 2019
Typical day at work I would say it was sometimes busy, fun, I would have lots of energy. I learned customer service. Hardest part of the job was staying on top of the orders
Pros
50% of food
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work and good people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 17, 2019
I worked there for almost 6 years, and would still be there if they close... I worked my way up to Sift Manager 2 years after I started, and waitresses as well...
Pros
Good people
Cons
No benefits
good place to work
dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAJune 17, 2019
did not think management was doing a good job, never enough staff for the amount of work that had to be done. pay scale for me was low. went for part time hours wound up almost full time
Friendly
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 16, 2019
Understaffed, at times I was overworked. Very strict dress code and appearance guidelines i.e no piercings, no tattoos, no hair color. Nice staff, and management. Did work with my schedule, and always willing to help.
Fun but stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAJune 14, 2019
With all the changes over the last 8 years friendlys went from being a fun place to work to a stressful place to work. Corporate has no organization and doesn’t properly train the management which causes the staff to also not be trained correctly leading to a very stressful non productive work environment. People get promoted all the time without proper knowledge for the position and then upper management doesn’t help at all. You get in trouble for not knowing things you were never trained on. Some locations are better to work in than others it really depends on the management.
Pros
50% off shift meals, 1 free meal for management
Cons
Understaffed, over worked, under paid
I wish they didnt close
Manager (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYJune 13, 2019
everyday at friendlys was an experience. Some days there was a lot of business and other days there wasn't. we did a lot of the prep work for the cooks to make there job eaiser. when running a shift u ran all over from the ice cream to taking orders to delievering food.
amazing job
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 12, 2019
such a fun environment. the name speaks for itself, friendlys. getting customers in from all over the country & learning about where they are from made my day. tips were amazing.
Truly a learning experience for those in the business
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 11, 2019
Loved working there at first but manager wasn’t all too nice, wasn’t fair, very strict, tips aren’t offered to bussers and hosts who do things for the servers.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It sucked
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 9, 2019
I only worked there for a few months because the management and other employees were making life a living heck. The actual work wasn't super difficult but we often didn't have a ice cream scooper or dishwasher person, so the servers did it all themselves. Also no hosts or bussers, also done by the servers. The back of the grill was covered in a half-inch layer of grease.
fast paced but relaxed working conditions
Opening/Closing Server (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 5, 2019
It was nice to go to work and enjoy being there. This was that job! The managers kept the place running smoothly. The cooks and ice cream fountains collaborated well with the servers. Great place to work. Too bad they shut down.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJune 4, 2019
Definitely a lot of work but great for gaining experience in serving and how to multitask, as well as, working under high stress situations or under pressure.
Horrible Management
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJJune 2, 2019
Dishwasher had broken at one point was not getting fixed ran dishes through in cold water and no soap. Had not hostess due to owner not wanting to pay for more employees. Had no bus boy due to owner. Majority of the time would make my own ice cream because owner did not want to pay for more employees. At one point a manager asked me to cook my own food for table even though i had never had any kitchen knowledge or experience.
It’s a toxic environment
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 1, 2019
Poor management and toxic environment and mangers get in your face I’m trying to find a new job to get away from the toxic environment with more friendly co workers and managers
productive and fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTJune 1, 2019
it was a great job with not too much difficulty.. i got to learn a lot about preparing, cooking, stocking, OSHA guidelines, and being a great team player.
Pros
great team and not difficult
Very awesome company and friendly people
Scoopologist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 31, 2019
A typical day at work was really fun. I made lots of friends through friendlys but the ice cream wasn't very sanitary. My boss would tell me to scrape the mold off and keep using the ice cream. Each scooper was cleaned after every use though. The ice cream would cause bacterial infections on my arms and such. Management was alright... I was a scoopologist(only meant to scoop ice cream) and my boss made me scrub the floors and walls frequently...
Pros
discounted food/free food
Cons
over worked
Job experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTMay 30, 2019
I love the job. Being able to serve people in this field is great. I love working in customer service whether its for food or for selling them a product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight