Friendly's Employee Reviews

Found 1,455 reviews matching the search See all 1,465 reviews
Fun but stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAJune 14, 2019
With all the changes over the last 8 years friendlys went from being a fun place to work to a stressful place to work. Corporate has no organization and doesn’t properly train the management which causes the staff to also not be trained correctly leading to a very stressful non productive work environment. People get promoted all the time without proper knowledge for the position and then upper management doesn’t help at all. You get in trouble for not knowing things you were never trained on. Some locations are better to work in than others it really depends on the management.
Pros
50% off shift meals, 1 free meal for management
Cons
Understaffed, over worked, under paid
I wish they didnt close
Manager (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYJune 13, 2019
everyday at friendlys was an experience. Some days there was a lot of business and other days there wasn't. we did a lot of the prep work for the cooks to make there job eaiser. when running a shift u ran all over from the ice cream to taking orders to delievering food.
amazing job
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 12, 2019
such a fun environment. the name speaks for itself, friendlys. getting customers in from all over the country & learning about where they are from made my day. tips were amazing.
Truly a learning experience for those in the business
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 11, 2019
Loved working there at first but manager wasn’t all too nice, wasn’t fair, very strict, tips aren’t offered to bussers and hosts who do things for the servers.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It sucked
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 9, 2019
I only worked there for a few months because the management and other employees were making life a living heck. The actual work wasn't super difficult but we often didn't have a ice cream scooper or dishwasher person, so the servers did it all themselves. Also no hosts or bussers, also done by the servers. The back of the grill was covered in a half-inch layer of grease.
fast paced but relaxed working conditions
Opening/Closing Server (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 5, 2019
It was nice to go to work and enjoy being there. This was that job! The managers kept the place running smoothly. The cooks and ice cream fountains collaborated well with the servers. Great place to work. Too bad they shut down.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJune 4, 2019
Definitely a lot of work but great for gaining experience in serving and how to multitask, as well as, working under high stress situations or under pressure.
Horrible Management
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJJune 2, 2019
Dishwasher had broken at one point was not getting fixed ran dishes through in cold water and no soap. Had not hostess due to owner not wanting to pay for more employees. Had no bus boy due to owner. Majority of the time would make my own ice cream because owner did not want to pay for more employees. At one point a manager asked me to cook my own food for table even though i had never had any kitchen knowledge or experience.
It’s a toxic environment
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 1, 2019
Poor management and toxic environment and mangers get in your face I’m trying to find a new job to get away from the toxic environment with more friendly co workers and managers
productive and fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTJune 1, 2019
it was a great job with not too much difficulty.. i got to learn a lot about preparing, cooking, stocking, OSHA guidelines, and being a great team player.
Pros
great team and not difficult
Very awesome company and friendly people
Scoopologist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 31, 2019
A typical day at work was really fun. I made lots of friends through friendlys but the ice cream wasn't very sanitary. My boss would tell me to scrape the mold off and keep using the ice cream. Each scooper was cleaned after every use though. The ice cream would cause bacterial infections on my arms and such. Management was alright... I was a scoopologist(only meant to scoop ice cream) and my boss made me scrub the floors and walls frequently...
Pros
discounted food/free food
Cons
over worked
Job experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTMay 30, 2019
I love the job. Being able to serve people in this field is great. I love working in customer service whether its for food or for selling them a product.
Fast-paced, fun company to work for.
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 29, 2019
This company is fun and fast-paced, with a focus on employee development and advancement. If given the chance, i would work for them again. My hours were fair and my pay was as well.
general manager
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyannis and Falmouth massachusettsMay 29, 2019
over all a good place to work, unfortunately the brand is struggling which makes it tough to manage in a proper way. Staffing has always been a huge struggle with the low pay they offer the staff.
Pros
close to home
Cons
struggling brand
A stressful work environment with many low income nights
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwells Heights, PAMay 26, 2019
I worked many slow nights in which I made only $20-$30 for 5 hours worth of work. On multiple occasions i was forced to put work first over my personal life. The managers can be very inconsiderate and the same goes for some coworkers.
Pros
50% off your food.
Cons
No benefits and low pay
Stressful, somewhat unfair
Fry cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 26, 2019
The particular store I worked for was poorly managed, 5 general managers within 3 years, servers and managers were lazy and expected others to do parts of their jobs for them.
Friendly's was truly a friendly job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 25, 2019
Prep in the Am. Lots of team work was involved. For the most part the managers were in good graces. The employees were young full of life and laughter, so it was never a dull day.
Fast paced and competitive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 23, 2019
It can get very hectic but the key to that is to stay at a face pace and be good at being pushed to your limits. Someone is always there to help out if something goes wrong and all in all it’s a great atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No healthcare
Bad
Hostess, Server, Ice Cream Scooper (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAMay 22, 2019
Understaffed all the time and it became difficult to balance everything. I love the managers they are very nice and kind but the other staff constantly fight with each other.
Pros
Cons
never breaks
Good place to work if your in college
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYMay 22, 2019
Good place to work for collage and high school kids I just been their for 5 years and really don’t make what I feel I should for the work I do for the job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight