Friendly's Employee Reviews

I woul recommend my little cousin
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I really don't have to muchnto say about the work place it was to speedy customers were rude never polite lunch time was the worst has to seat them and never a place to seat them
Pros
I liked the kids that it
Cons
To much for me
Great for beginners.
Server (Former Employee) –  Hockessin, DEJanuary 16, 2018
Friendly's was a great restaurant for first-time workers and servers. Different positions could be moved around. Availability of position change due to injury. Great atmosphere.
Good job for a student
Server/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 15, 2018
This type of working environment is fine for a student. Friendlys asks more of their servers than any other restaurant. There does not seem to be any consequences for not completing your job unless it is for not selling enough of the coupons for charities that are not in our area.
Fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 14, 2018
Friendl'ys is a very fun place to be. It is very quick-paced throughout the day. The staff works very well together. There is always someone there willing to lend a helping hand.
It sucks, food and as a job
dish washer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, PAJanuary 14, 2018
Place changed in work effort and business that comes in. So the crew makes no money and with cuts in little things always there's changes in food price that goes higher for subpar meals.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Subpar food, no teamwork, no work because of no business
interesting place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I have been there for 8 years, and sometimes it doesn't feel that I'm getting paid the right amount of money for the amount of work that i actually do.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
low pay
Great place to learn and advance on to other companies
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 10, 2018
This location is a great place to work if you like highs and lows in business. Crew is amazing to work with. Hardest part of working here for me is the drive. If you leave close to this location, I'd suggest working here even part time. Its an exciting place to work and even the regular customers who come in are very friendlys all the time
Pros
Staff is professional but laid back
Cons
My drive here is over an hour.
Excellent
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJanuary 10, 2018
I was a General Manager. I was paid well and treated well. I worked from 2001 till 2007 when I needed to move. I would go back to work for them again if they were located where I reside. I would recommend anyone looking to learn good industry work here.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Changes like spoons in spoons out waste time
Parts of my job were enjoyable.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I liked talking to the guests, I learned something new from them everyday. I learned to communicate food orders clearly.

I did think the management was a little unfair. The rules seemed to change depending on who you were.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Fast Pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 6, 2018
I started as a ice cream scooper but they had to change me to dishwasher to keep the customer's happy. I think it was due to the town where it was located.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long days
Bad Management
Waitress - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Luzerne County, PAJanuary 5, 2018
During my time I loved the coworkers I worked with. However, management was awful. Would let servers be stuck during rushes, would go out on cigarette breaks often, did not care of the happiness of their employees, lied about raises/awards.
Fun at one time
General Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Various locationsJanuary 4, 2018
I really don't have a good review for this company. I was relocated several times with the chance that I would quit, I was one of the highest paid gms so when they went to file bankrupty they fired me.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
Upper management
Fun, but hard to advance.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJanuary 2, 2018
I worked at this location for about a year. I was hired on the spot and it was my first serving job. I learned the ins and outs of the job pretty quickly. My general manager was very quick and on her feet. She was cool but sometimes there was lack of communication with her. I typically worked in the morning, where sometimes it was busy and sometimes it was not. The hourly rate sucked so that meant that I barely got a check. The tips were nice depending on the day and how busy it got. The cooks were cool sometimes but they'd get mad if a server made a mistake. If they made a mistake, they'd get mad at us. So weird. Overall, I liked it but they do need to work on getting everyone on the same page.
Pros
Tips, discounted food
Cons
Sometimes lack of communication, carelessness from some employees, gossiping
bad
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 2, 2018
management is horrible, service is slow, there is hours youll be just sitting down and no one comes into the restaurant. It is horrible I would not recommend it to anyone.
Terrible
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 2, 2018
District Manager was a a joke. The pay was way low and labor did not lend tward managers being out of position. Your shift evolved around staffing shortages and labor constraints that put the stores service in jeopardy
Average job
Server/Hostess/Cashier/Busser (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJDecember 29, 2017
Poor management and work flexibility. Rude co-workers but some are friendly. Very competitive and fast-paced. Nice environment. Making the sundaes and serving it is the most fun thing to do. Some of the customers can be really cheap.
Pros
Ice cream
Cons
Poor schedule flexibility, shortage of workers
Very stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PADecember 28, 2017
Management was wonderful but work environment was awful and stressful. You want tables you need to seat yourself otherwise you don't get seated. Sanitation is a joke. Sanitizer buckets sit all day without being changed, leaving dirty water being used to clean tables. Servers also use it to wipe silverware before giving to guests.
Schedule was nice.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJDecember 28, 2017
The owners made the schedule easy but there was often times that management wasn't going to help at all. Often disappearing or leaving the workers to fend for themselves when they would need help.
Pros
Scehduling
Cons
Disorganized, stressful
Was a good job in an interesting work environment.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Webster, MA 01570December 22, 2017
I really did enjoy this job. Had never worked in the restaurant business before Friendly's. Was a really fun crew. Had a great time. The job itself was enjoyable, wish I could have stayed longer.
Pros
Was a fun workplace with reliable hours.
Cons
No problems to mention
Awful
Fountain Worker (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 21, 2017
Management could be improved. Theirs no communication in this environment. It’s extremely hard to advance in position. People with certificates and license don’t get paid fairly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7