Friendly's Employee Reviews

Found 1,438 reviews matching the search See all 1,448 reviews
Fast paced and competitive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 23, 2019
It can get very hectic but the key to that is to stay at a face pace and be good at being pushed to your limits. Someone is always there to help out if something goes wrong and all in all it’s a great atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No healthcare
Bad
Hostess, Server, Ice Cream Scooper (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAMay 22, 2019
Understaffed all the time and it became difficult to balance everything. I love the managers they are very nice and kind but the other staff constantly fight with each other.
Pros
Cons
never breaks
Good place to work if your in college
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYMay 22, 2019
Good place to work for collage and high school kids I just been their for 5 years and really don’t make what I feel I should for the work I do for the job
Cons
Stressful workplace but some good people
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYMay 20, 2019
Work is easy but it can get stressful, there are good people, management is lazy, but there are many regulars and nice customers. I come to work and clock in. My coworker does not like stocking so she doesn't stock and I have to do orders and stock at the same time.
Pros
50% off on meals during work
Cons
There is nothing else
Low on Staff
Server/Waitress (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 20, 2019
I loved the people I worked with. My manager was kind, but we were almost always short on staff. My hours were fair and honestly, the toughest part of the job is dealing with rude customers.
Fast paced environment!
Server (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMay 18, 2019
Friendly's was a great starting restaurant to get experience at but eventually I had to leave to find better chances of advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was honestly the coworkers that I met during my time here.
Pros
Discounts on employee food
Cons
Lots of kids, poor management
Fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 17, 2019
Advanced my career greatly and gave me the experience I need to build a great resume. Loved the management and gave me the confidence I needed as a manager to get a great job.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Late nights
Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 17, 2019
I liked the atmosphere and the people but the managers were flawed and it was very catty! I totally wud love to be there because the money was good but the manager was unpleasant
nice
Friendly's Ice Cream Scoopologist (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYMay 16, 2019
typical day involved making ice cream for all of the restaurants patrons, those who came in the to go window, and those who called in ice cream orders
it was good work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 16, 2019
i loved working there. im sad they closed wish we was still open. i expanded my skills there and was just getting into management. but then they closed.
Friendly's
Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 15, 2019
I've worked for them when I was 17 and it was fun for awhile I worked there for over 3 years then left and came back. The coworkers are really nice and easy to get along with
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYMay 15, 2019
you greet and seat customers, help waitress by cleaning up the area when customers leave the table, and making sure everyone is satisfied at the stay of duration
This place works you to death
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 15, 2019
I was the only cook on Sunday mornings and we had NO dishwasher. Cooks we're responsible for their own dishes. Management refused to give breaks and worked us all like slaves. Sometimes it was impossible to even get a glass of water while working the line. I was with the company for almost 6 years and was treated like I didn't matter. Good luck.
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional, and no pay
Fountain (Current Employee) –  MississippiMay 14, 2019
Not the actual location

Managers were unprofessional, disorganized, can't maintain composure, and just overall unreliable.

They get angry at the smallest things and have an attitude almost all the time when talking to them unless it's their friends talking to them about things that are completely work-unrelated. For example, they talk about their past life in high school. And then when a friend of mine, who is a server, asks how to make a certain ice cream, she disregards him and tells him to find something to do even though he needs to make ice cream. So I end up helping him even though it was time for me to clean up for me to be able to leave.

The same manager also uses every opportunity to sit at the office and do absolutely NOTHING while employees need help. That's also another problem..... The training isn't training at all. The way they train their staffs is like throwing a book about politics at a baby and expecting it to know every single detail of the book after 3 days.

Also probably one of the most unprofessional place I've worked in. People throw food at each other.

Finally, I get no hours, I get no pay. I told the manager I was paying bills and want to work all week. Guess what. Schedules me one day a week. And I get 4 hours maximum for that one day. I constantly do things for people that will get me a quick buck or two and I get paid way more from doing that. But it isn't enough for a $165 bi-weekly car payment. The job is stressful enough but if the pay isn't weighing it out, then what the heck is the point of putting willpower into it?

I'm
  more... sure these people are good at heart and I don't mean to come harsh but this is what I get from working at this bozo job.

What I would recommend for Friendlys to start doing is up the pay of fountains to $10 max. because of the low hours, high stress and demand. Also, train new people to be fountains with the chance of getting promoted to a server, that way everything is in harmony. Hire managers who are capable and professional and not rely on the one and only good manager that actually knows how to run the place.
Pros
Cons
no pay, unprofessional, disorganized
Server and host
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDMay 14, 2019
I served people food. I made the customer's dessert. I cleaned my own tables. I greeted customers. I hosted and sat customers at my table and other servers' section as well.
Production was stressful but they treated me well . Good staff there. Fun to work there
Mix Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilbraham, MAMay 13, 2019
Great place to work there 20 years ago. Now that Dean food Corp bought it went downhill from that over worked and kinda under paid. But I still loved working for them.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Short breaks
It was not an employee friendly work environment. They never offered benefits or vacation time.
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camillus, NYMay 10, 2019
I was unhappy when i accepted a promotion and was never compensated for it. I worked for them on and off for 7 years and was never offered benefits or management when i was clearly qualified. They moved managers in and out of our store and never looked to promote from within. It became insulting. Then they parked a freezer truck out back and gave us a 30 minute notice when they decided to close our store.
Cons
Lack of health care and .15 cent raises after a year. Promotion with no raise
This place is a disaster.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 2, 2019
The job itself is okay but the way this place is run is insane. You get paid min wage when other cooks make the max almost. They do less work and get treated better. You bust your hump and managers still find stuff to tal. about. Requested days aremt always listened to. Availbility no one cares about it. Managers laugh at you for wanting days off.
Pros
50 perfect Off food and you have a job.
Cons
Atmosphere. Short staff. Rude management. Lazy staff.
Managment is awful! Everybody is basically aloud to do whatever they want and still have a job here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYApril 30, 2019
This place is disgusting, you are forced to clean & scrub everything when the managers should be the ones doing that! Pretty soon they will be shut down due to the fact that there was a roach in the building 🤮
Can be fast paced ad can be slow paced, but overall not a bad first job.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 24, 2019
Can be fast paced ad can be slow paced, but overall not a bad first job. You’re given the opportunity to not just be a waiter, but to be an ice cream scooper and drive through worker.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight