Friendly's Employee Reviews

Found 1,289 reviews matching the search See all 1,296 reviews
Enjoyable empyloment
Server (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDOctober 19, 2018
Manager’s are wonderful they work with you and help in anyway possible. Employees are friendly and welcoming. You meet so many people and learn a lot from ever point of the restaurant.
Worst Job ever
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 15, 2018
I received poor training was thrust into a position that I had no experience in and was not supported by the 5 different supervisors I had in a 12 month period. This job was a joke and nightmare.
Cons
once in a position your are in the position
Lead Supervisor/Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshalls Creek, PAOctober 15, 2018
wages were rough, raises were unlikely or unheard of. the people that work there were a very tight nit group and made a lot of good friends but other than that it was temporary
Productive nd fun work place
Foutain (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJOctober 14, 2018
I liked it i liked the co-workers if i had to work for another friendlys i would in a heart beat. The experince was overwhelming and exciting the times there are most definitely memorable
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Can be stressful
temporary job
Service CLERK Friendly's (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MAOctober 13, 2018
not a career if you work hard and know what you are doing they give you a ton of hours but no advancement in pay or position coworkers are also unreliable.
very stressful
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 11, 2018
I worked in the mall during the Christmas rush the training was not very good they started with a new computer to put in orders and no one was trained well It was very busy people waiting 30 to 1 hour for seats you would take order put order into the system pickup and serve order then after the customer was done with dinner you would get them their ice cream of their choice and give them their bill and cash them out and move on to next customer you would make your own salads and get your own soups
Pros
discounted meal
Cons
no break from start time to end time
productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 11, 2018
Working her taught me a lot about customer service and also allowed me to learn quick on my feet. Everyday I experienced different people and had to be prepared for anything.
not the best job to have
server (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJOctober 10, 2018
i worked here through high school and it was nice to make 300-500 a week at friendlys but after a while i had to pick up peoples slack and it became too tiresome for the money i was making and needed a place to value my worth more.
Pros
fun times
Cons
no money
It could get very stressful at times but other days would be fun and smooth.
Greeter and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAOctober 9, 2018
Overall it wasn’t a bad place to work at , it’s hard to find a job that’s all rainbows and sunshine. Of course there is going to be bad days, but there will also be very good ones.
Overall Experience
Fountain Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 9, 2018
Friendly's overall job experience was alright. Most of my coworkers were cool and chill. Made me feel welcomed. Management was pretty awful. About 2 or 3 managers actually did their jobs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my coworkers.
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
Understaffed, Terrible Break Room
excellent and fun place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
great family atmosphere. always putting people first before anything else. wonderful food and great people to work for and with. learned the meaning of team work
Fun and a good experience so far.
Server (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJOctober 5, 2018
I have been working at Friendly’s for a few months now and love it.The people I work with are great and I have learned a lot.Although due to new managers and rules I am in search of something new.
Pros
Fun people, laid back
Cons
Strict rules
Fun to work with people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYOctober 4, 2018
Friendlys was a good first job but I didn’t get paid as much as I did at Mcdonalds and didn’t get the same hours as Mcdonalds. The people treated me nice and I had fun while working there
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
good company
Freezer Shipper (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA 01020October 4, 2018
Good company with good goals. The work is fast paced and a lot of bending and lifting. I worked there 20+ years ago so I am sure it has changed. The warehouse I worked at is no longer even active.
Poor management, no advancement for some workers, no benefits
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Wantage, NJOctober 3, 2018
Job was okay. Some co workers were great. Management is the worst. To much messing around. Some workers work their butts off some are lazy. Hardly got hours. If it was slow got cut early. Okay job to start off with if you want some experience in restaurant industry.
Pros
Discounts, some nice co workers
Cons
Poor management, lack of hours
fun workplace great food
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 1, 2018
At Friendly´s I have learned so many things like for example how to introduce yourself, answer questions about food, make conversations with the customers
Pros
50% discount
Cons
schdeuling
Great work place
Host/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Awesome staff good place to bring your family have a a birthday party eat your favorite ice cream with your favorite toppings everyone is friendly at friendly’
Salary
Manager/ Administrative work (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 30, 2018
Working at Friendly's was fun, but the hardest part were too many job positions. The lack of good quality employees were hard to find for this company. This causes a manager to do a lot of positions other than their own position.
Its okay
Server (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MASeptember 30, 2018
Honestly some managmemt is not ready to be a manager. The employees that are not managment get NO benefits. I have worked at other buisnesses and this is the worst. Unless youre a manager they do not care for employees.
Pros
Laidback SOMETIMES
n/a
Waiter/Servicer (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NY 11554September 30, 2018
we know that a diverse culture means more than just recognizing our differences. A truly diverse culture allows you the opportunity and freedom to be yourself. We are committed to celebrating diversity and to fostering a diverse working community that reflects the vibrant neighborhoods that surround our restaurants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight