Friendly's Employee Reviews

Found 1,215 reviews matching the search See all 1,224 reviews
Good for first job
Server (Former Employee) –  Florence, MAAugust 15, 2018
Be ready to scoop a lot of ice cream and hear a lot of yelling kids. Only really stressful when the kids get out of school and go right to friendlys. Easy side work. Some really long nights because of the summer hours.
Pros
if you like kids youll like this job
Cons
no discounts
Terrible
Server/Hostess/Cashier/Busser (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2018
Wasn't trained properly and harrased by my manager just over all a terrible experience and I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone he wouldn't even let me take off for my final exam at school a test I needed to graduate
fun work place, but very stressful environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 14, 2018
the hardest part of the job is being expected to do so many things but being only one person and being paid not very fairly considering the amount of work and stress you are under in your position. you're asked to do much more than what you're truly paid for.
Pros
free meals on shift
Cons
no breaks for managers.
Great place
Head Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 14, 2018
Miss this place. Great family atmosphere. Great food. The money was good, as long as you smile and touch base with your customers. I made regulars easily.
friendly
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYAugust 14, 2018
great places to work if you're just starting out looking for jobs its a tip based salary so it requires you to put in a lot of work if you wanna see something good in your wallet.
Pros
half price on food and tips plus weekly pay
Cons
smelling like food and customer service
Not very great place to work
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAAugust 13, 2018
Always busy typically horribly understaffed and they don't pay well at all. Servers make ok money if they're good but highly stressful worked almost every holiday and don't get holiday pay
Great environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 12, 2018
Always full of fun and nice people, have no complaints about working at this establishment the only reasoning for my leaving was because it was too far from my area.
bad
Chef (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 9, 2018
it just is terrible. I did not enjoy the management, they did not teach me the things that they wanted to be done. I then was cursed at if it was not done correctly.
Pros
easy shifts
Cons
everything
A very pleasant atmosphere
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 9, 2018
A fast paced and fun place to work I have met a lot of very interesting people and have learned a lot along the way Its not always easy working with the public but its always different every day
Pros
low pay
Cons
friendly staff
friendly crew friendly people
Ice Cream Scooper (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work would be going in and stocking everything. I would make each customers orders wether it would be from the window or from in the dining room.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 7, 2018
It was great but alot of confusion but overall i loved tje great customers and great time with managers and employees...we Also worked as a great team
Pros
Great people
Cons
Confused environment with scheduling
Horrible Experience
Fountain, Cook; Server; Manager (Former Employee) –  Middle Island, NYAugust 2, 2018
It was a harsh environment. I learned only what others knew and the rest I had to learn on my own. I was expected to dedicate my life and soul to a restaurant that couldn't have any basis of rules or regulation, let alone AC. I was pushed and told I was doing a good enough job because of my age. I was mistreated and looked down upon.
Corporate run
Server, dishwasher, scoopologist, hostess (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 31, 2018
For many years I considered friendlys coworkers like a second family to me, but now after being 11 yrs with the company morale has diminished. Management is scarce and corporate has let their restaurants fall apart and in desperate need of updates and repairs. Business has slowed down a lot because of the appearance of the desperate needs of repairs and updates of the building.
Pros
50% off meals while working 15% when not working. Flexible scheduling
Cons
Lack of management, things constantly breaking down in restaurant, lack of character from corporate
Tragic work place.
Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 29, 2018
The management never protected their employees & the customers were very rude at times. Pay was dismal for the amount of work that was done. Not enough staff for a good portion of the day.
Terrible
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 26, 2018
Nope. This place is terrible and doesn't care about the hard work and dedication people put into working there. Granted, the one I worked at closed a couple of years after my time there. Oh, that's another thing.. they have closed their restaurants in the past without warning to their employee's.
Productive and fun workplace
Fountain Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2018
I can say that my work experience at Friendly's was a good one. The staff and customers are generally nice and it is an overall nice establishment to dine in. The training I received for my job, in particular, could use some improvement but you learn as you go. I definitely developed better communication skills by interacting with my coworkers and the customers at the carryout window. I also, worked wherever they needed me at a quick pace which made me very flexible to change in an occasionally stressful environment. It was a fulfilling experience and I look forward to working with them again!
Pros
Food discounts, friendly coworkers and customers
Cons
May work overtime
Good for getting experience in the restaurant industry.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 25, 2018
It is expected that you will be hands on in every aspect of the restaurant. The environment teaches the basic skills that are required of all restaurants.
Fun workspace
Waiter/Cook (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJuly 25, 2018
Very layed back but at the same time stressful because amount of customers at time but I would recommend this job the any and everyone..................
Pros
Discount
Fum place to wotk
Fountain (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at friendlys ice cream shop in Plymouth,mass.i was a floater which n want I'd do dishes,or cook ,or run fountain which is making ice cream and serving some guests.
Not a good place
Server (Former Employee) –  Longmeadow, MAJuly 25, 2018
Friendly's has changed it's goal in business into only making money versus treating customers right and making sure they are happy. After being there for six years and building relationships with clients it was hard to leave but I just did not agree with the way management was going.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendly's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight