FRIENDLY FORD Employee Reviews

Employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Management was always right. They did not provide adequate training for staff in any position. Set staff up to fail rather than succeed. Very competitive among staff for recognition of any successes,
Enjoyable work environment; however my manager was terrible
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Working at Friendly Ford was a little stressful, I think because what we did not know was that the owner was looking to sell the business because business was so bad. There weren't a lot of walk in customers.
Pros
I enjoyed my fellow employees
Cons
My manager was terrible.
Depends on the day
Lot Attendant/Detailer (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYDecember 1, 2017
Not sure how I feel about this place right now. Not a horrible place but it doesn’t feel the same as when you first start out there that’s for sure...
Cons
No benefits, no hours, no raises
Great Dealership
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2017
I worked at Friendly Ford for a total of more than 9 years. Monetary compensation was top notch and the owner was super. Never had to worry about fairness.
Great people and company to work for
Service Manager ford quick lane (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 5, 2017
Very good place to work I had a great staff in my department very friendly environment. Higher management was easy to work with. Wish they hadn't sold
Pros
Was a great company
Cons
Non
Fun place to work
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Roselle, ILJune 26, 2017
A lot of very nice people work there owners are great people that care about the people that work for them they are always ready to listen and have a open door policy
High Turnover. Long Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
High Risk, High Reward. High Stress. You send many days, to make nothing, others making monthly paychecks. Freedom is nice when you're having a good month. But overall, commission job in the heat.
Pros
Pay, Freedom
Cons
Hours
Nice people to work for.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roselle, ILMay 17, 2017
Lots of hours, not much family time. Not much room for advancement and the industry has change to a cold , less friendly showroom. High stress to earn a good living.
Pros
interesting auto technology
Car sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 15, 2017
Assisting customers in choosing the vehicle that will satisfy their needs. Calling potential prospects. This isn't a reflection of all managers in this industry but in my opinion they didn't work with integrity.
Pros
Cons
Not a good environment
Great company to work for.
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2017
Great company to work for. It was a lot of fun and the people i worked with were great! We also had the option to get free breakfast on every Friday..
Pros
Free lunch on Friday's
Cons
Very hot during summer hours.
Great palce to work but managment needs refreshing
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12603February 28, 2017
Always had something to do and was always busy. Management was good but needs new approach to certain issues including time management.
Good place to work but was not something I liked,
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 19, 2017
It was a good place to work, however, there is so much to learn about auto parts and I didn't like it. I didn't catch on quickly to all of the work to be done in the parts department. Therefore, it became very stressful for me.
great work environment
Sale consultant (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 11, 2017
everything is great typically day is making phone calls taking fresh ups follow up with customers make sure all paperworkj is accurate
Great People, Poor Practices.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2016
Although Friendly Ford was a great company to work for, they were simply over saturated with sales associates. A typical day at work is definitely a long one! As you know, there aren't many other dealerships nearby. They call themselves a destination dealership, which seems to be a problem for the customers as there were barely ever any. For the 36 salesman on the floor at any given time, there would only be 10 or less sales made through out the day. Where does that leave those who were not fortunate enough to make a sale? I must say I learned everything I know about selling cars from them. Their system works when implemented correctly. Management consisted of nice and funny people, but if sales weren't being made, no matter the reason; you felt the heat. The co-workers are very friendly people and do not get in your way and are very helpful if you ever need anything. The hardest part of the job was to get a customer. Friendly Ford has a hierarchy system (although they won't admit it), therefore the senior salesman always get the majority of the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers to find their next perfect car or truck! Overall, Friendly Ford is a great company. The biggest problem is that they chew you up and spit you right out, throwing you to the wolves leaving you to start yet another job hunt as they are always looking for new talent and kicking out the employees who did not meet their ridiculous sales goals at the end of the month regardless of customer traffic.
Pros
Meet new people, potential to travel
Cons
always firing and hiring
productive and busy
Technician / Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 25, 2016
A typical day starts at 7am I open up and write customers up and get them in the system to get there vehicle service or having schedule maintenance done. I have a great relation ship with my co workers cause they have the same mentality as I do wanting to work hard and make money and give their best everyday for customers who provide us business and want high quality work. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the time frames I have given customers and making sure my co workers are getting them done within that time frame and doing it with high quality work. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to serve customers and also to technician work as well and teaching my co workers new things from the knowledge I have and have learned. I started out as a technician and still and still a technician but now being a service advisor as well as a tech gives me time to teach my co workers proper ways to work and diagnosis and repair vehicles.
Pros
great co worker, s great work enviroment, pay is good, and great work pace.
Cons
managment is terrible, health insurance isnt the best, and selfish service advisors.
Horrible General manager
FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2016
The General Manager has no clue what he is doing, they are dead last every month in sales and profit. he will fire you if he believes you are more experienced then he is. He also will try and black ball you from every dealer if he thinks you might be employed by a competitor. He has no knowledge of the product he represents
Pros
Cons
everything
Great employees New owners
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 21, 2016
Was a great place to work when Miracle Owned the place. Friendly bought it and changed things so much that they lost over 1/2 their customers.
Sale, Sale, Sale...
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 12, 2015
Typical day was spent learning product knowledge and new promotions and searching for sales. I learned that the art of selling is more about the relationships with both future and current consumers. Management held tight ship and stress the issue of selling the inventory we have. many of my co-workers help mentor me into becoming a dynamic sales man. the hardest part of the job would be selling a guest on a vehicle that they had not yet considered. the most enjoyable part of the job the level of responsibility.
good place towork
Product Selection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 11, 2015
good place to work if you like cars. some of the downfalls are there is not much room for advancement, and 60-70 hours a week is a little taxing with a family
company car
Sales (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 4, 2014
a good place to work, until they changed management from the vice president, down to sales manager.
Pros
good pay plan
Cons
kept sales force in the dark