Friends Who Care Employee Reviews

Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 13, 2019
I've worked for Friends Who Care for about 12 years now and I have been very happy with my job. My bosses are very friendly, caring and efficient at making FWC a great place to work, ensuring that our clients are well taken care of and safe with a clean and precocious way of working. Management really does make all of us feel important and like we're all a team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some clients are difficult
Always a challenge, never boring!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 2, 2019
I love working for FWC, as it works well with my schedule and goals now in my career. I have learned a lot and I gained a lot of experience. I look forward to either moving up in the company or moving on with more knowledge and skill than I had when starting.
love working with veterans
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 7, 2018
my boss is awesome she really try's to remember that people are human and treats everyone equal very rewarding job to work with not only office staff but to be in the field helping clients
It is rewarding to help the elderly and it is very hard when they die.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MISeptember 30, 2018
To be honest, i worked for friends who care in the past and the management team was very hard to work with. Never seemed to have anything including schedules right. I can't believe they are still in business. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work there.
Patient Care Aide
Patient Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 5, 2018
Great experience. Clients where great individuals however not enough clients to make a good income. there are limited work in Kalamazoo. The office managers are very nice.
Pros
great social life experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun work place with Friends who Care
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 26, 2018
I enjoyed my clients and my job at friends who care. It kind of taught me to be a little more patient with elderly people. And I loved my job and everyone I worked with loved working with me as well
Pros
I got to work over time sometimes. And i got paid time in a half on holidays
Nice people but unreliable hours
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIFebruary 4, 2018
I enjoy the work I get with the company however there are few good benefits, very few raises and hours vary from a lot of hours to None at all. Office staff is nice.
Good boss and coworkers
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIJuly 22, 2017
The boss is an amazing personality, would go the extra mile to have u enjoy the work environment, pays attention to needs. Coworkers are great to work with
Aide (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 4, 2016
You are working with people who really need your help. You supply companionship as well as assisting in their personal care. You may sometimes be the only outside person a person sees. They look forward to seeing you and await your next visit.
The new management is very helpful and assists you in your daily needs. They work around your schedule. When you need more hours there may not be any right away, but they work hard at getting you more work. You can advance or work as little as you want. The pay is decent. the job rewarding. The benefits are like all places. It is a job I look forward to going to.
Pros
You set your hours and earnings
Cons
People die
Good place to work, as I enjoy working with staff and clients.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 22, 2016
A good place to work, the staff is supportive. Their office is located in close proximity to my residence. Their office is organized and there is always someone physically in the office when I need to drop off or pick up paperwork. Staff tries to accommodate my preferences when selecting clients for me, such as driving distance and non-smoking household.
Pros
They try to accommodate my preferences.
Cons
Reports are required to be submitted manually, rather than the additional option of also electronic submission.
there was alot of drama there.
aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 7, 2016
I didn't have a real good experience there.they don't care enough about there employees things were kinda not real structured.
Pros
the money
Cons
bad management
Decent to work for
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MiOctober 5, 2015
Friends Who Care is an In home healthcare organization that provides a mission statement exemplifying the visions and values of the organization.
got to watch television
LPN, home care nurse (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MIAugust 15, 2015
My day would start with medication preparation, checking VS, airway, comfort level. Then would follow bathing and personal care. After dressing and transferring to wheelchair, we would exercises watch tv and play video games. What I learned is that it is hard to be alone without any backup.
Pros
flexible scedule
Cons
no break time
Great bosses and flexible schedule
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 7, 2015
I would go to my client's homes and assist them with activities of daily living, housekeeping, errands, or companionship. I love the one on one time I get to spend with my clients, it allows me to give them great quality of care.
Pros
Flexible schedule and understanding bosses
Cons
Poor benefits, if client goes into hospital/SNF you lose your hours
Good group to work with
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIApril 5, 2015
The office I worked out of was great!
However, we were many hours away form corporate and often felt out of the loop.
The office manager was always and still is supportive.
at times I would feel overwhelmed but we as a team always managed to get the clients taken care of.
Limited use of my nursing skills.
Pros
close to home
Cons
far from corporate
It is a job, not a career
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 30, 2015
Mindless and boring but is a good company to work for. The job is easy and isn't at all stressful. The people are friendly and hours are readily available to those who want them.
Small home health business with excellent staff.
Homecare Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MISeptember 26, 2014
I learned a lot about home health care and the various funding sources that people can utilize. My coworkers were wonderful with the exception of the office manager who was not very organized. The owners of the business are not very attentive to employee needs. I really enjoyed visiting with my patients and getting to know them.
Pros
excellent staff to work with
Cons
owners who did not seem to care much about their employees
Very rewarding being able to make a difference in someone's life
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Montrose, MIApril 16, 2014
When doing home health care you take care of the clients needs from showering, toileting (if needed) assisting them in what is needed as far as personal care, and taking care of the physical aspect as well. Reminding them of their medications, preparing well balanced nutritious meals, and interacting with the client showing respect and interest in what they are telling you. You also take care of the laundry and keeping their living space clean.
This job can be difficult when trying to help them when pain is present or when they are confused at times not fully understanding the changes within their household and the changes happening to themselves. It's also difficult for me when someone passes, as I get very close to that person after caring for them and getting to know them.
I enjoy home health care because you meet so many interesting people, and I do make their quality of life better, even if time spent with some may be a few hours a day. Their lives are better through conversation and helping with their needs. I also learn so much from them in return.
Great experinces
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Montrose, MIJanuary 26, 2014
I would go to different clients houses and perform activities of daily and errands. I would have to drive to different places and use my gas but the downfall of that is the choice between hourly pay or gas mileage.
Pros
great experience for having a culture shock
Cons
no health insurance
One on one contact with clients
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIOctober 15, 2013
I enjoy assisting clients in their daily care. By offering assistance it enables my clients to remain home rather than going to an assisted living or nursing home environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friends Who Care. Our community is ready to answer.