Friends Who Care Employee Reviews in Manistee, MI

Good boss and coworkers
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIJuly 22, 2017
The boss is an amazing personality, would go the extra mile to have u enjoy the work environment, pays attention to needs. Coworkers are great to work with
Good group to work with
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIApril 5, 2015
The office I worked out of was great!
However, we were many hours away form corporate and often felt out of the loop.
The office manager was always and still is supportive.
at times I would feel overwhelmed but we as a team always managed to get the clients taken care of.
Limited use of my nursing skills.
Pros
close to home
Cons
far from corporate
Small home health business with excellent staff.
Homecare Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MISeptember 26, 2014
I learned a lot about home health care and the various funding sources that people can utilize. My coworkers were wonderful with the exception of the office manager who was not very organized. The owners of the business are not very attentive to employee needs. I really enjoyed visiting with my patients and getting to know them.
Pros
excellent staff to work with
Cons
owners who did not seem to care much about their employees
One on one contact with clients
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIOctober 15, 2013
I enjoy assisting clients in their daily care. By offering assistance it enables my clients to remain home rather than going to an assisted living or nursing home environment.
Enjoyable support staff and clients
R.N. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIJanuary 12, 2013
We must all have our coffee first thing in the morning and usually discuss any issues from work or home. I make my multiple phone calls and prepare my paperwork for the day. I head out to make home/client visits and supervisory visits with staff.

The most important thing I have learned from my time with this company is politics are everywhere, meaning I cannot change the world but, only do my best with the time I have.

My immediate co-workers are great! We don't always get along but what group of women do?

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to make a differance in someones day or even life. Often times, the people I see have no family and are often shut-ins, so, for me to be blessed with bringing a smile to their face is an amazing feeling.

The hardest part of my job is trying not to blur the grey area. The fact that these are clients and co-workers, not family or close friends is sometimes hard. I tend to get attached to my clients especially.
Pros
independent time management, ability to work one on one with clients and staff
Cons
usual office politics, lack of supplies, lack of availability of higher management support.