Friendship Community Care

Friendship Community Care Employee Reviews

United States131 reviews
There needs to be better communication. They work harder on things that are less important than on things that need changed. They expect one person to do what it takes several people to do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
If you a good ethical professional, stay away from this place! Now if you don't care about anyone, selfish, heartless, unethical, cut throat, immature, then you will do good here. If your a suck up to the bosses is the only thing that matters here. The managers in place now, that's the only way you will be secure in your job. This place changes all upper management about every 4 to 8 months, so that right there is a clear sign, that this place has not learned how to care for their clients and certainly do not care for their staff. There is so much distasteful events that take place at work its mind blowing, affairs, employees taking care of their personal business while at work instead of focusing on their client, which that's what they are getting paid for. The management is dishonest, have no management experience, and get by on lies and deceit to suffice with the corporate office in Russellville. The clients this place is suppose to serve are sweet and very nice to work with, a lot of the problems the clients do have are related to the instability and constant change in rules and their staff. Just as they get close with someone the company fires them or runs them off. There is alot of jealously among the staff, very petty mean hearted people here that do not care about their clients at all. If you decide to work here, put your very thick amour on, keep to yourself, dont say anything to anyone about your personal life. And you will probably make is for a while. The clients are wonderful to work with although they no longer do the one on one care, your always with a group - more...
Pros
helping people in need
Cons
management, pay, environment
Horrible management. Double standards. Supervisor doesn't return my phone calls, texts or emails. No support. You'd better have a good cellphone and laptop to get your job done because they are cheap and rely on their employees to provide everything. Even PPE.
Amazing work environment, management was wonderful! Worked around my school schedule. Flexible hours and just overall a wonderful company to work for.
Friendship Community Care really humbled me and opened my eyes to many things. The consumers are amazing people and so are the staff. The interview process can be a little intimidating but if you make it through it, it is worth it! I am very happy to be part of their team.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Unless you work in a office, you do not get any incentives. You dont acquire any paid days off, no matter how long you have worked there. You dont get a paid vacation. You can take a vacation after a year, but you will not be paid. Raises are non existent although they do pay better then some of the companies that are in the same field.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No incentives, No PTO
Compared to other companies in the area they pay a lot more. My clients mother always cares about my needs, and if i have been sick she works with me. I love this company!
Cared for Patients experiencing rehabilitation from physical or surgical procedures Post op joint replacements and amputations, post accidents and disease processes Passed medication, Respiratory therapies, diabetic care, wound care and general care of patients
Great managers, and mostly friendly co workers. Good insurance, and 401 k. They will try to put you with the consumer that best fits. I work with my own little girl and I love it.
This job is very rewarding and has been a blessing to me an my family and the individual that I serve. Management is amazing. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are making a difference in someones life.
The consumers and waivers at the Friendship facility I worked for were amazing. Everyone works as a team and it’s a very rewarding place to work. The office workers are Amazing
Friendship Community Care is a wonderful company to work for. The staff is eager to help. I've made friends with the parents. The children are an added bonus.
We take care of people with disabilities. Helping them with daily tasks. We assist with medications, cleaning, cooking. We help them get dressed and eat depending on their needs.
No one cares about you or how hard you work. Working with the consumers is fantastic. Honestly if you don't like work place politics and are drawn to this work I would recommend working in the community.
The new system that they initiated in 2017 was a mess. There were online timesheets and paper timesheets. Things were confusing. If your consumer went out of town, you were never sure when they would be back. Management didn't take reports seriously and allowed unethical behavior to take place in order to avoid confrontation.
Pros
laid back
Cons
supervisors, lack of support
Friendship does not care about their employees nor the people in their care. I once had my manager tell me that we should not care about providing the best possible care to the children we serve because their parents do not care and that it is simply the free daycare the parents care about. I found it deplorable. It is a pattern of disrespect and disengagement they perpetuate. The day they fired me during my fight with cancer sealed them in my mind as the very worst place to work. A place where they, without a doubt, do not care about you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Getting to know every consumer even if you do not work with them, is a great experience. The relationships you build here and quit amazing. I would not be leaving, if not for my mental health.
Provided direct care to individuals with disabilities with occupational therapy, transportation to appointments, shopping and assisted with household chores and personal hygiene
Management is poor. They need to be more particular about who they have working with their clients. Communication is poor, difficulty with the apps that you have to use.
Pros
Clients are awesome
Cons
Staff are not that great
Friendship is a great environment to work in. The individuals are amazing and you tend to get attached to them. The fact that it’s centered around their Godly mission, is incredible. Would recommend this job. I wouldn’t have left if I didn’t have to. One very small downside was working with team members who were weird or creepy sometimes (one to be exact).
Pros
Pay, individuals, great communication
Cons
Breakdown of hours
I worked here during my summer breaks in college and it was life-changing! I absolutely enjoyed helping the youth with their jobs and helping them to save some money!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.