Friendship Community Care Employee Reviews

The clients are awesome
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARFebruary 16, 2019
If you want a job that will have you laughing on a daily basis, this job provides that. Your day is never boring. You have to be willing to jump in and give your best effort every day. You are rewarded with the knowledge of making a difference daily in the lives of your clients. A very rewarding job.
Pros
Clients
Cons
New challenges every day, no day is the same
Terrible supervisor
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARFebruary 2, 2019
The supervisor never took the employees side period. If you were having trouble with your consumers guardian they always took there side no matter what.
Friendship community care does not care if you have a life or kids!
My consumers guardian was very rude and fake towards other workers and very racist!
Working here made my anxiety worse, I was always nervous and sick coming into work because I knew I was gonna get gripped at for anything.
They don't give 2nd chances!
They also cant keep people!

I absolutely loved my consumer! But if I had a more positive experience here I would have stayed.
Pros
Loved my consumer and having weekends off
Cons
Did not like my supervisor or my consumers guardian
customer care
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72802January 24, 2019
caring for individuals with mental or physical disabilities is always a rewarding job. If the company took more interest in their employees it would be nice but the consumers are amazing
ugh
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 20, 2019
So I didn't hate working here at all. It was fairly relaxed and most of the clients I worked with were chill and easy to get along with, but there were those few who were mean spirited and a lot of staff quit due to their meaness. Although my client was easy to work with I learned that if your client doesn't like you for whatever reason true or not they cant tell your boss and you have two weeks to find a different client to work with or be without a job. Your boss (as I've learned) will not assist you in finding a replacement not do they care. This job is easy. you just cook, sometimes clean, drive them around and hang out with them but also there are messy staff who will try and throw you under the bus to save their own skin. SO my overall rating it 4 because its easy but you have no job security.
Pros
Super Relaxed
Cons
No Job Security
Enjoyable
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 7, 2019
Working here is rewarding as you watch the children learn and grow under your guidance. A typical day includes caring for special needs children whom just want to be loved, learn, and played with. New management has turned this facility around and it's now a place worth working at.
Pros
The children, the management, the friendly workers.
Cons
None that I can currently think of.
Stressful environment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARDecember 21, 2018
Good organization that helps a lot of people but it doesn't pay enough for a full-time position. If you're looking for paid time off and affordable insurance you had better look elsewhere.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Low pay, no paid time off, insurance and other benefits to expensive for the low salary
Great Program poor management!
Direct Job Coach Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 12, 2018
This program & work environment has the potential to wonderful & way less stressful with proper management & thorough training. I've worked for similar programs in the past but none were as hectic as this one. Regulations & procedures were constantly changing from management. Managment even a bit disrespectful sometimes.
I noticed my short time there it at times it was stressful on the students & parents too. It would get so confusing & over welming because of lack of clear direction, lack of training, constant change, adding stuff at VERY last minute & being told it's needed asap & so many days all of us being called in managments office for yet another "meeting" of what needs to be done or why isn't it done. Many times i drove across town to go to work & was there when I was suppose to be there but the office door was locked & no one was there. Sometimes they were running late or just failed to tell me ahead time they were in a meeting or doing work in another County. Or I would get a text in the morning telling me no one's in the office so just go straight to the school...an hour lost of pay & hour lost of preparation for my class or paperwork.
Just not organized at ALL!!!
I had ALOT of fun with the students tho. That was very rewarding. I loved each and everyone one of my students & they loved me. Great program...poor management. As the saying goes " work smarter not harder".. #TRUTH! !!!
Pros
It's very rewarding in your heart.
Cons
Managment makes the environment stressful, over welming & doesn't need to. Unessesary!!
Direct Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, ARSeptember 12, 2018
Generally calm with the occasional conflict between management and employees. Wonderful residents to work with; hours are just hard to maintain family time.
A typical day
Waiver Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day would picking up your consumer then documenting every move they make while having to make sure they are going through daily skills. Staying overnight and having to clock out was not exactly ideal. I loved the rewards of being around people who genuinely love you but the company still has things to get fixed. Some of the management really cared as others attitudes didn't seem like they did
I enjoy working for this company. Very flexible with my family and school life.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 3, 2018
I find Friendship to be competitive, flexible and adventurous! With lots of available positions and shifts, one is sure to find a position in which they would enjoy and possibly could advance in.
Pros
Flexible scheduling and a chance to meet great individuals.
Cons
Workload
Great place to work and still have fun.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARAugust 1, 2018
I liked Working with Friendship Community Care very much. My supervisors and my boss were both very nice and very helpful to me. It was my first job and I would suggest it to anyone.
Waiver (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 26, 2018
Great place to begin learning and understanding more about others with intellectual and physical disabilities. A great environment and very upbeat helpful people.
relaxed
Career Advisor/Job Developer for Crittenden (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 24, 2018
pleased to work here looking forward to my future here.
the people are nice.
the hours of work is great.i will tell others about friendship
I would reapply
Pros
friendly
Cons
unseen
Intense but necessary work
Director of Communications and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Russelville ARJuly 10, 2018
Friendship is stuck in a very difficult place providing 24/7 care for individuals with intellectual disabilities. This requires a large portion of employees working long hours with mediocre pay. Many misunderstand and think that Friendship sets their rates of pay themselves but they are actually set by the state. FCC has no control over what pay scale is allowed by the state for each individual receiving care.

It's a tough place to work but they are the absolute best provider of services to this unique set of clientele in the state of Arkansas.
Pros
Meaningful work
Work
Waiver (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ARJuly 4, 2018
The work days were long. I really enjoyed working at Friendship. The clients were great, they were friendly. Most were eager to learn. I helped them with there chores and getting them out and about. I helped prepare meals and helped give there meds. It was a good experience for me.
Management/ certified teacher was not involved with children education.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 1, 2018
Lead teacher did nothing to help in the classroom. Mistakes made would be covered up and parents lied to. Behavioral issues with children would not be addressed.
Pros
Kids were fun
Cons
Short breaks, extremely hot building, loud
good work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 30, 2018
its a nice place to work, its a caring place to work, its not hard, its a job knowing u can make people smile and help others, they have different hours, most co-workers , work with u,
work environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 15, 2018
To much favortism in the company, Current company I'm working for Advance Health (sub-contract through VA Premier Health Plan) has much better management and staff and has great staff to work with and is flexible with my current schedule
Okay place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 2, 2018
If you are desperate for a laid back job, Friendship is the place to work.Most of the staff is very friendly, and the consumers are awesome. Be prepared to get attached though.
Relaxed, Fun times
Supported Living Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARApril 25, 2018
I'm pretty busy, To be patient, new skills ,monthly training, Management is great, safe, relaxed,clean,Is not hard, being with my client ,& helping them achieve goals
Pros
Being with family and friends and Client
Cons
No paid vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.