Friendship Public Charter Schools Employee Review

View all Friendship Public Charter Schools reviews

Slavery Ended in 1863
Admin (Former Employee) –  CollegiateFebruary 5, 2013
This organization is an example of why DC Residents should be ashamed they allowed charter schools to replace public schools. From the CEO on down to the local school leaders, there is an air of incompetence and unprofessional behavior that permeates the entire organization, thus rendering it impotent in the education arena.

I would never send my children to these schools, as NONE of them have EVER reached AYP, and their achievement has been poor to fair. I strongly urge you to avoid Friendship Public Charter Schools at ALL COSTS.

Other Friendship Public Charter Schools Employee Reviews

Collaborative Team
ENGLISH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 7, 2018
The instructional coaches work really hard to help you get on board. They provide great feedback. The company also rewards you if the students make academic growth.
The students deserve better!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001January 3, 2018
I loved the job and did not mind walking through metal detectors. I did mind that I observed students being robbed of their futures because of low expectations and negative admonishment.
Leadership, the principal, in particular, was more concerned about appearances, standardized test scores and resume padding than students' growth. I personally witnessed on several occasions students being screamed at and verbally belittled.

I did not want to leave the students; I simply needed a less stressful, more professional environment.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Principal; grievance process.