Friendship Public Charter Schools Employee Review

View all Friendship Public Charter Schools reviews

Horrible Schools--Does NOT value the student
Speech Therapist (Former Employee) –  several schoolsFebruary 26, 2013
I have worked as an SLP in six different counties over the years. Friendship was the WORSE! The administration was not supportive and didn't value the opinions or expertise of the related service staff. Parents were frequently lied to by the special ed coordinators due to them trying to protect their jobs. I sat in way too many IEP meetings were children were misdiagnosed, special ed coordinators really had no interest when I would try to advocate for the students. They only wanted to get the meetings over with. I could no longer tolerate the children not getting the services they so badly needed and left. I really feel bad for the children because they are the ones who are suffering the most.
Cons
inadequate and inexperienced administrators, negative environment

Other Friendship Public Charter Schools Employee Reviews

Collaborative Team
ENGLISH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 7, 2018
The instructional coaches work really hard to help you get on board. They provide great feedback. The company also rewards you if the students make academic growth.
The students deserve better!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001January 3, 2018
I loved the job and did not mind walking through metal detectors. I did mind that I observed students being robbed of their futures because of low expectations and negative admonishment.
Leadership, the principal, in particular, was more concerned about appearances, standardized test scores and resume padding than students' growth. I personally witnessed on several occasions students being screamed at and verbally belittled.

I did not want to leave the students; I simply needed a less stressful, more professional environment.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Principal; grievance process.