Friendship Village Tempe
81High

Friendship Village Tempe Employee Reviews

United States73 reviews
So, I've been working here for about two months now almost three! FVT is a very great place to work and has wonderful staff. The residents are great and usually always happy. I love how at FVT the residents are the top priority as it should be. I love everything about my job and the workplace
Pros
Good food, awesome staff
Cons
None!!
September 16, 2020
We’re thrilled with how much you love being on our team so far. Your experience reflects some of the best aspects of working here. The wonderful residents and team members, as well as our cheerful atmosphere, make it quite enjoyable and fulfilling. We’re looking forward to a successful future together. Thank you so much for the positive feedback!
Poor training, high turnover, constantly understaffed. Lots of drama amongst staff. Low pay. Unsafe patient care practices. Things are left a mess for next shift and staff is too complacent.
Pros
Look elsewhere
Cons
Pay, unsafe patient care expectations
October 5, 2020
While we always encourage and appreciate feedback from team members, we’re disheartened by your assessment, which is contrary to our practices and procedures. Our community prioritizes employee retention by not only providing fair compensation, but by strictly upholding proper care practices and a drama-free workplace. Adequate training and staffing levels are also a top priority for us at all times. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail to address your concerns and clarify any misunderstandings. Please feel free to reach out to Sharla Hampton, our HR director, at (480) 831-3182 at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Love my job and happy to come to work everyday , people really care about each other its a family type environment. I have no regrets!! Glad I work here
Pros
Great work environment
September 11, 2020
We love how fulfilled you are on our team largely due to the caring and compassionate people. It’s quite enjoyable to work in such an uplifting environment, which is one of the best aspects of our community. Thank you so much for the five-star review!
Everyone such a friendly staff. This is my 2nd time going back and I don’t regret it , they have great benefits and flexible hours. You won’t regret applying.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
No cons for me
September 8, 2020
We take great pride in fostering an environment where each and every one of our team members loves what they do. The fact that you keep coming back is a great honor. We really appreciate the positive feedback and recommendation.
The residents and co-workers keep you going and motivates you to do more. The appreciation and love they give, makes it more like a family rather than just a job.
September 3, 2020
Having such a strong support system in place is one of the best aspects of working at our community. We’re thrilled your experience is reflecting that. It’s exactly what each and every one of our team members deserve. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback!
I have worked at Friendship Village for over 7 years and enjoy going to work every day. Their compensation and employee benefit package is excellent and is lead by an outstanding managing director who has and excellent outlook on how their business should be run. The best part of the job are the residents.
Pros
Good management. Positive environment
Cons
No issues
July 17, 2020
Happy 7 years and counting! Your continued satisfaction speaks volumes about our vibrant culture, which is intended to ensure all team members can thrive. Thank you so much for the five-star review and for your longtime contributions.
People are ok to work with. Day shift is great.. your rewarded with punching in late instead of punching in early. I know it doesn’t make sense but that’s a fact..
Pros
Christmas bonus health care
Cons
Ridiculous rule in forcement
July 6, 2020
We’ve always been committed to fostering an equitable workplace that values punctuality and adherence to our policies by all team members. We take your concerns very seriously and welcome the opportunity to gather additional details so we can address them appropriately. Please contact Sharla Hampton, our HR director, at (480) 831-3182 at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
My favorite part of the job is interacting with the residents and helping serve their needs. I keep very busy throughout the day and the atmosphere is very relaxed and calm.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches, behavior bonuses, opportunities to move up
I love'd working here, i truly did. There is a manager that is highly incompetent, only has a job there still due to relative is a resident and buddies with the DON. They had a massive exodus of nursing staff a 1 year ago, which resulted in the CEO coming down to find out what was going on (management received poor reviews from staff). There are managers that care and are awesome! Also, an RN that has milked the clocks for months and always seemed to always clock out just before 16 hours.
Pros
To me, it was the greener side of the grass
Cons
DON is a business minded person
July 2, 2020
The camaraderie between our staff is part of the reason why many team members enjoy long tenures at our community. While we encourage friendships, favoritism goes against our commitment to equity within the workplace. We take your claims very seriously, and welcome the opportunity to learn more so we can address your concerns appropriately. Please confidentially reach out to Sharla Hampton, our HR director, at (480)831-3182. Thank you.
There is a lot of hype around this place being a great place to work, but honestly the resident:nurse ratio is way too high. It's not safe for 1 nurse to have 30 residents. The nurses are always slammed and there is only one on each floor. The pay is not comparable to other facilities in the area.
Pros
Management is caring
Cons
Pay, overworked, no day time support
July 2, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We’ve always been committed to providing our nurses with ample support to successfully care for residents. Ensuring the nursing department is adequately staffed is a major component of this. It’s why many health care professionals deem us to be a great place to work. In fact, we have earned a five-star rating from the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, which takes into account our staffing levels. We also believe in offering fair compensation and benefits based on experience and responsibilities, and we continually review our pay levels to ensure they remain competitive within the Tempe area. Please rest assured that your assessment will be appropriately considered. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
The residents are wonderful to work with. It's easy to make friends with fellow employees. There's good medical/dental benefits and the grant money that residents provide for staff to further their education is great!
June 23, 2020
We love having such wonderful individuals on our team, and believe in fairly compensating and rewarding our staff for their contributions. We’re thrilled with how much you’re enjoying these aspects of our community and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you so much!
From the day I started working here I felt like I belonged. Everyone there always has a smile on thier face and look genuinely happy to work there. Everyone I have met there have told me the same thing, that this is a great place to work. And I understand why they say that. The environment and atmosphere is awesome, the employees are happy to be there, and the manager(s) are there to help you succeed.
June 17, 2020
We often say that we are one big happy family, and your experience exemplifies that. There’s nothing more that we want as an employer than for you and your colleagues to find success and fulfillment at our community. We’re incredibly glad we’re impacting you so positively. Thank you so much for the great feedback!
Wonderful place to work. Staff is happy and friendly. Informative and professional. Management is always.
ready to help with any questions or concerns. Fellow nurses are there to help me with admitting a new patient
Pros
Happy environment
June 16, 2020
We really appreciate the positive review. The people you work with can make or break your workplace experience, and we’re fortunate to have such wonderful team members and leadership. We’re glad the camaraderie at our community has made your time with us so fulfilling.
Normally I know within 6 months if a job is something I will enjoy for the long haul. The last 5 years I have worked here I do not feel as though I am stuck or not happy. Everyone has there days but with my co workers and residents making every moment enjoyable I cant complain! The Culture here is like a Big Family! I knew my first year here, and that this was going to be the Company I retire from. ( If I stay in Arizona that is). But if there is a replica of this place I would take it with me where ever I go! LOVE FVT!
Pros
Benefits, Work Life Balance, Advancement, Employee Programs
Cons
Business rapidly growing we are running out of space!
June 9, 2020
Wow, having such a positive impact on our team members is what we strive for as an employer. We believe in fostering a workplace that not only offers a livelihood, but also gives team members fulfillment and a sense of belonging. We’re just as thrilled to have you as a member of the FVT family and we’re looking forward to many more years of wonderful memories together. Thank you so much!
Friendship Village is like no other place that I've worked. Fantastic culture. Making mistakes is not a death sentence, rather an expected occurrence to help one learn. The management tends to see the best in people, and, while not perfect, a perfect fit for me.
June 9, 2020
It’s always an honor to receive such glowing feedback from team members like yourself regarding the fulfillment they find in working at our community. You’re absolutely right. Mistakes are always an opportunity to learn and better ourselves. We’re glad you feel supported through your professional journey, which is what we strive for with all our team members. Thank you so much for the positive review!
The residents are the reason so many of us are here! It's easy to go to work when you know the people you take care of look forward to seeing you and depend on you!
Benefits are amazing and won't find better anywhere else!
June 9, 2020
We’re fortunate to have such a welcoming, supportive and caring group of residents. They sure do make it enjoyable to come to work each day. Thank you for the positive feedback and for your ongoing contributions to our community.
Overall seems like a nice place to work.
People are nice and welcoming , The company offers good benefits and perks.

Overall a good place to work ..
May 27, 2020
We really appreciate the positive feedback. The wonderful people and generous benefits certainly do make our community an enjoyable place to work. It’s always great to hear from satisfied team members like yourself. Thank you.
They are very bad at listening to employees needs. The employees like to milk the clock. They don't listen to what the residents want to eat. The employees get to choose what they want for breakfast and lunch and that's what the residents eat.
May 18, 2020
We’re firm believers in including our team members and residents in our decision making processes. Their feedback has always shaped the services we offer at our community, including dining. We’re disheartened you feel that your voice isn’t heard and we welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail. Please feel free to reach out to our HR Director Sharla Hampton at (480)831-3182. Our doors are always open. Thank you.
It could have been better if all the necessary training completed before the new hired do his or her job on the floor. But in theb time of Covid-19. Maybe this is what they can do. I won't know. Most of new job has up and down during transitions. I have been there. So everything is going to be fine as time goes by.
Supportive staff, excellent benefits, friendly workplace culture. Fast paced quality resident care and customer focused hospitality. Does not provide compensating wage differentials for night shift employees
The residents and employees are friendly and respectful. I’m blessed to work in a place that cares about their employees. The benefits are good as well. I do wish there was more opportunity for growth. I’m in the process of pursuing a graduate degree in nutrition and would love to continue working here if there was an opportunity