Friendship Village Tempe Employee Reviews

stressful
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2019
rude, management who are drunks or gamblers. very unprofressional . the only thing going too miss is getting the green trees , half the building had it, loved it never ran out of it . oh well other than that everone was jus so uptight and rude .
September 10, 2019

We encourage and expect professionalism and chivalry from all our team members regardless of their role. The circumstances you describe don’t align with the workplace culture we foster at our community each and every day, and we take any implication of such egregious behavior very seriously. We welc ome you to share more details by reaching out to our human resources department at 480-831-3282. Thank you.

Server (Former Employee) –  VillageAugust 26, 2019
I liked working here. Some managers though needed to be more professional. Other than that it’s a great place to work and they really appreciate and reward employees.
Pros
Lots of benefits received
August 28, 2019

We’re glad to hear your time with us was a positive one overall. Such glowing feedback from former team members like yourself speaks volumes about the professional, empowering and supportive workplace culture we’ve cultivated at our community. Thank you for the five-star review and best wishes in all your future endeavors.

Understaffed! No help for nursing in long term care, Medicare unit gets priority!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2019
Understaffed, no support. Work load too heavy, 32/nurse. 1 nurse gives meds, wound care, respiratory, calls Drs., inputs all orders, transfers/discharges, answers phones, deals with families, all charting! Management spends day in numerous meetings. Company spends money on decor instead of needed supplies.
Is a good place to work
Resident Assistant/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 29, 2019
Worked in the memory care unit had some good times while I was working with the company there was some good and bad days with other employees sometimes with family members as well had to move back to Michigan I miss my coworkers.
August 2, 2019

We’re honored to hear we left such a positive impression on you during your time with us. Any workplace has its ups and downs, and we’re committed to giving team members the support, guidance and opportunities necessary to thrive at our community. Thank you so much for the five-star review.

Welcoming and Hospitable Staff Culture
Activity Coordinator PRN (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 19, 2019
I am amazed that though I am only PRN status, many staff would check in on me to see how I am enjoying my job. Staff I did not even meet yet would say hi to me by name. The culture is very welcoming and the staff embraces a culture of hospitality which is evident when interacting with residents, family members, staff, and outside venders.
August 1, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and being a valuable member of our team. Great staff like you help us live out our core values by working together to cultivate meaningful relationships. We appreciate your five stars!

Great Place
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85282June 26, 2019
Great Place to work. For me all about the Residents and their needs
Learned many new skills to add to my resume. The Residents are like extended family for me.
July 1, 2019

Thanks for this review and, more importantly, for your contributions as part of our team. We’re glad our wonderful residents brought joy to your profession, and know that you’ll always be part of our extended family, too. All the best!

Such an amazing place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 25, 2019
I would recommend everyone to work here. Patient to CNA ratio is low. Pay well. So many opportunities. Everyone is super friendly and kind. They all work as a team.
June 27, 2019

Thanks for the recommendation and for all you do to make Friendship Village Tempe just the sort of place you described – good pay, many opportunities, team work making the dream work. We appreciate this review!

Na
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2019
I really don't have any response at this time for this compant. I left after 2 1/2 yrs because no advancement opportunities in the human resources department.
June 24, 2019

We’re sorry to learn you didn’t feel opportunities existed for advancement within our community. We hope you’ve found a good fit since moving on, and wish you the very best. Thank you for the four stars!

Not enough staffing to do job correctly
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 4, 2019
Not enough staffing to do job correctly. Some staff very good..as always.. Unfortunately too much of the staff too complacent, not correctly completing important aspects of the job.
Pros
Residents are wonderful people
Cons
Poor staff:resident ratio, no auxilliary staff on weekends, skeleton crew most weekends, insufficient training
The place to be
LNA (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 23, 2019
I look forward to the day when I can return here as a nurse. I miss this facility sooooo much! Management is understanding and truly values you as an employee.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, helpful coworkers, compensation, workload
Cons
productive company and fun to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 17, 2018
Nice to work , with good benefits but i decided to change my career for the better living or my Family. nice Residents they respect and treat you well .
Pros
free christmas party
Cons
short break
November 19, 2018

Thank you for the review and for the time you spent making Friendship Village a wonderful place for seniors. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

Security Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Working for the village is a pleasure, especially when it comes to working with the residents. The residents make it worth work there. It like one big family.
I enjoy cooking and making people smile. My goal in life is to make a difference and to place a smile on people.
Assistant cook & head cook at times (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2018
It was a great place to work for. I really enjoyed my time there. The people and employees where wonderful. I also enjoyed talking to the loving residents there.
Pros
Having time to enjoy a good lunch and meet new people
Cons
A bad work environment
The Place To Be
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 17, 2018
I am so happy to be working at Friendship Village. I am surrounded by kind, caring people every day. Management truly knows how to motivate their team. The residents and staff are all very friendly and welcoming. I am looking forward to making this my long-term career at Friendship Village.

My manager is very flexible with my schedule and hours.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Free and discounted food, Nice/Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Employee Parking is a little walk away from my office, but I hear they may be adding more parking.
Great Place to Work!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  TempeAugust 8, 2018
Friendship Village is a great place to work! Coming to work feels like coming home. You build relationships not only with your coworkers and other staff but, with residents as well. It is called Friendship Village for a reason! Everyone is friendly and focused on the care of the residents and on the staff success. There are incentives for being safe and working well as well as a wellness program that employees can take advantage of. (Not to mention the employee break rooms serving delicious food!) The management works from the ground up, staying up to date on happenings in all departments. I repeat, a GREAT place to work!
September 7, 2018

Wow! I’m so blown away by your review. It made our day here at Friendship Village Tempe. Thank you!

Productive and fun place to work. Always something to do.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time being employed here. My fellow employees were great to work around, and my supervisor was always willing to help or provide guidance.
September 7, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Friendship Village Tempe with us.

Nice warming place for residents
Senior living- internship (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2018
The nurses were so loving and since I was on my internship they were able to explain everything at a good timing. Such a clean and neat environment. The hardest part was when they be short staffed and residents would be calling, but the job would get done because they'd help each other out.
The residents make the job fun.
Café' attendant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 29, 2017
A typical day at work can be very predictable when working in food. But the residents are what make the atmosphere, it is always something new with them. They are sure to bring a smile to any employees face.
Beautiful facility
Nurse Manager - Skilled and Dementia Units (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 5, 2017
The Health Care Center at Friendship Village Tempe is a beautiful facility. The CEO is generous and dedicated to providing the best for the patients and staff. However, the Director of Nursing lacks empathy for the staff and creates a highly stressful working environment.
Pros
Excellent employee benefits
Cons
Stressful working environment
Decent place to work
Kitchen utility Specialist/Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2017
Nice place to work..most people were easy to get along with..overall great atmosphere...very busy kitchen during the holidays..some of management were tougher to get along with but not too horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Friendship Village Tempe. Our community is ready to answer.

Friendship Village Tempe Reviews by Location