Frisbie Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Experience
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 27, 2019
Working at Frisbie has been a great experience. It helped me advance my nursing assistant skills and has given me many opportunities to learn. Frisbie has a community feel and everybody works as a team.
Very low wages. Poor management
Medical imaging Multi modality tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 24, 2019
The radiology and CT lead techs spend more time mapping out their vacations than they do working. Very unprofessional speaking poorly about staff to other staff. They also share other employees disciplinary action with everyone. Several of us have left in the last few months and they still refuse to make any changes from what I’ve heard. The director is useless and if you have a problem or concern he turns it back on you.
Pros
Plenty of over time
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Wonderful place to work!
Administrative Assistant to CNO/CCO (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 7, 2019
Frisbie provides outstanding patient care in a wonderful patient focused environment. Wonderful group of people to work with. Wonderful community to be a part of.
Low pay, cut often
LNA (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 7, 2019
The pay for LNAs here is crazy low. Their PTO would be great if you didn't have to use it all the time because of being cut from shifts. They took away the 401k match, no more holiday bonus, and it now after hiking insurance premiums it costs us $200 a pop to walk into our own ER.
Pros
I like the people I work with
Cons
Too many to list
overall good work environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Barrington, NHFebruary 19, 2019
There have been many staffing and management restructuring changes since I have worked for FMH. This is not the patient care environment I prefer for my career. The camaraderie within the staff and the relationship between staff and providers make it an enjoyable work place
does not offer a competitive per dium rate for rehab therapists
In-Patient Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHJanuary 12, 2019
FMH has always been patient care focused. FMH however does not currently offer a competitive pay for per dium rehab therapists. Per dium rate has not been adjusted in almost 10 years.
Nice place to work
Physican Practices (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 18, 2018
Great benefits and everyone is caring. Fast Paced environment
can be a bit stressful at times. Most enjoyable part of the job is the caring commitment of staff.
student nurse clinical
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHAugust 2, 2018
I did not formally work at Frisbie, however I did 3 clinical rotations there at their cardiac care unit, geriatric psychiatry unit, and Spaulding. I enjoyed all three clinical rotations and found the staff to be very educated and approachable.
Patient access advocate
Patient Access Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 18, 2018
My job was to try and collect payment for upcoming surgeries for patients hadn't met their deductible yet., I also did some pre-registering them for surgeries.
Pros
quiet place to work
Cons
too quiet sometimes
Great Culture of a Small Hospital
PC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJune 5, 2018
With all the hospitals merging, Frisbie is one of the last small hospitals. It really felt like a family environment. You walk down the halls and everyone says hi or smiles at you. So welcoming.
Management is consistent and fair. Wages are a bit low.
Pros
Very welcoming and low stress environment
Cons
lower wages
It's and Emergency Room
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMay 31, 2018
It is an Emergency room, I wanted to get away from the emergent nature of that job. I would not say it is any better or any worse than any other emergency room in the area.
Over all it is a nice place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Surgical Tech) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHApril 14, 2018
Busy days, we all work together as a team. The hardest part of job is you do the job of 3 people. Most enjoyable part of the day is working with staff and Surgeons. Management i feel needs help.
Pros
Staff and Surgeons are great to work with.
Cons
Very busy so sometimes no lunch or breaks.
Great Place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHApril 3, 2018
I worked on the Gero-Psych unit and it could be stressful and demanding or it could be quiet and relaxed, it all depended upon the patients on any given night. The staff for the night shift was excellent and worked together very well as a team.
Very fast paced and most days fly by.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NH 03867March 1, 2018
I enjoy drawing blood, especially when a patient is very anxious and after the blood is drawn they thank me and tell me it was a lot better than they thought. I also never tire of a patient saying, "I never felt the needle".
I will say that I have never worked for a company that went above and beyond the "micro-manage" spectrum. The management in the laboratory are very quick to shoot down any ideas that the phlebotomists have to improve workflow and efficiency. There is a lack of respect among co-workers and I believe that starts at the top. The goal of the immediate management in the lab is of how fast you can get a patient drawn rather than making the patient feel comfortable with the procedure.
Good work place
Phlebotomist and Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHJanuary 24, 2018
Nice small community hospital. Coworkers work very well with each other. Work flow is excellent during day and evening shifts. Management is excellent in resolving issues.
Pros
holiday bonus
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 30, 2017
I have been employed with Frisbie for just under 20 years.... It has always been a good place to work.... they give us great benefits and the hospital is small enough so most everyone knows everyone in all the departments...
Fast paced and strict
Environmental Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 21, 2017
There are a lot of amazing people who work here and I’m glad I had the opportunity to be able to work in this environment. Everyone feels like a part of your family but unfortunately you can’t go far being in housekeeping.
Registration
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHNovember 23, 2017
Great tend patients for appointments, scheduled follow up appointments. Answered incoming calls forwarded to correct department..
Patients were so pleasant to work with.
The physicians were very nice to work with.
Pros
Patient appreciation
Cons
Lack of training
A great community to work in
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHOctober 20, 2017
Rochester is a wonderful community and is fortunate to still have the benefit of an independent community hospital to serve its needs.
It's a rewarding organization to work in.
Pros
Cons
No vision
It was a temporary job but not my cup of tea.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHOctober 19, 2017
I took, placed and delivered meal orders to the patients. I didn't much. Management was clueless. The workplace culture was cutthroat. The hardest part of the day was going to work and the most enjoyable part was going home.
Pros
Cons
Poor management