Frischs Big Boy Employee Reviews for Host/Cashier

work place
Host and Cashier Drive thru (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2019
It was a great work experience the people where friendly. It was a great environment everyone got along great team work experience highly recommend it.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Six Out of Ten
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 15, 2019
- A typical day at work for myself consisted of greeting guests upon entry, ensuring guests in a spot to dine, cleaning and maintaining a clean eating environment.
- I learned to deal with stress in a loud and chaotic environment.
- Management was a bit disorganized. A bit of favoritism as well.
- The workplace was very enjoyable, great co-workers.
- The hardest part of the job would be keeping calm when customers expect too much.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the way everyone got along like family.
Pros
Like a family and great regular customers
Cons
Favoritism, not enough hours
Fun and friendly environment for a nice dining experience
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed the family atmosphere and the fact that the company operated with high standards and provided quality food and service. they were always willing to work with employees family scheduling needs.
Good first job
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work for a young adult and to learn skills involving money and customer service. The management was lenient and the best part was the food.
Fast paced and hectic. Fun when it was slow.
Busboy, Host, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Springs, KYJanuary 25, 2018
I would usually be the only busboy on staff when I worked so it was up to me to keep tables clean for incoming customers. This was extremely stressful on Sunday mornings when there would be a constant flow of people coming through the door, so I learned to work quickly and efficiently.
Slow business
Cashier/Host/Busboy (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I was a cashier at Frisch's. When I worked there, some co-workers and I would be sent home due to the fact that we didn't have customers come in. There were times when I was getting ready to go in, and I would receive a phone call saying that the store isn't busy and I don't need to come in.
Did not enjoy working here
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 21, 2017
While I worked here, management and coworkers were not professional at all. Pay was low, and I never felt valued as an employee. I would not recommend working here.
Cons
Unprofessional
Guests were typically wonderful, co-workers came and went, managers sometime listen
Server/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2017
If you love people the place is great. But it was understaffed and there were times when I worked more than 12 hours in a day and even did things above my position because the person that was hired to do it would leave before me. I asked for a promotion, it was never given.
Pros
Meals up to $5 were paid for by the discount.
Cons
Had to work like a chicken with it's head cut off to make a decent amount
Good place to work, minus the management was unprofessional and alot of drugs
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 5, 2017
There were a lot of employees on drugs and the manager was very unprofessional yelling in front of customers and always slamming stuff around. The pay was good and the work was fine other than that.
Pros
Good pay, good work
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare, poor management
Productive and got to know different people who I worked with or served.
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
Every day my job consisted of serving food and drinks which included up-selling and suggestive selling. The atmosphere at Frisch's was friendly which made it easy to work my hardest for every customer that walked through the door. The fact that the management made it fair for us to us to all get a equal opportunity to make money was the most enjoyable part of the job but the hardest part was the Frisch's did not get a constant flow of customers to where I'm constantly working.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
pay rate
Great place overall.
Hostess/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, KYMay 7, 2017
Great and family friendly environment. When you become like a family with everyone there. Great wages compared to competion. Most of the co-workers are great at helping one another and making sure our customers are greeted accordingly and aim to please each and every one who joins us to dine at frischs. Management team consist of 4 managers all of which are extremely hardworking and also help their staff when the time is necessary to do so. This place is absolutely somewhere id recommend for anyone to work. Not only do you start out above minimum wage but youll also love the work environment along with the employees.
Pros
Half priced lunch, 30 minute and ten minute breaks.
Cons
Some customers.
Fun work place
Server, Hostess, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHMarch 14, 2017
It was a very fun work environment, got along with everyone. I was a server, hostess, cashier, and I also busted tables when they was dirty. Everyone got treated fair.
Pros
Discount on food
Not so bad at first
Cashier/Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHOctober 10, 2016
Starting out, it wasn't so bad. I was considered a cashier/host/busser at the time. I started out on cashier and host. Had no problem with that. After a couple months, I was continually scheduled to bus. Mind you, I left my last job because I was ONLY doing such a job for WAY less than what I should have to put up with.
Cons
40% off only during work hours(for first year)
Fun Work Place
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHSeptember 17, 2015
I loved being able to interact with the customers.
I was active and in shape and very happy with my co-workers.
The hours could have been better.
Pros
Customer relations were fun
Cons
not enough hours at times
productive
Cashier, Host, and Buser (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 28, 2015
Here there are many parts. Working as a cashier i was also doing hosting and busing tables. One day you could be working register and the next you could be busing tables.
Pros
decent breaks
Dining Room Hostess, Cashier, Table Buss (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KY 41099February 24, 2015
A typical day involved seating people at the door, cleaning bus carts, setting tables, cleaning dessert menus and organizing kid's menus with crayons. I learned the importance of customer service. The hardest part of the job was rotating the dining room. The most enjoyable part was assisting the customers.
Pros
Benefits, customer interaction
Cons
Rotation of dining room
sucked
Hostess/Cashier/Busboy (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2015
never kept employees long, wages sucked no chance for advancement and refused to cross train employees, always understaffed
great place to work
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 17, 2014
Enjoyed seating and greeting customers. learned a lot especially how to be a team player and help out the servers. Co-workers were great and were very grateful for my helping hand. Enjoyed this job as my first real job.
Good place to learn restaurant skills.
Server/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work involves serving customers. Employees will learn to service the customers with the company policies and learn the computer system. Management and co workers are very kind and helpful. The hardest part is dealing with an upset customer. Most enjoyable part is learning about the customers and getting to talk with them.
Frischs big boy
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHJune 27, 2014
Well working there was pretty cool. Not to hardd, it was perfect! But it was a temporary job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frischs Big Boy. Our community is ready to answer.