Frischs Big Boy Employee Reviews for Host/Server

Great people
Server and Host (Former Employee) –  Spring Grove cincinnatiApril 27, 2019
I would sever tables and take orders and sometimes the register. I Liked working there i just have a bad hip so i had to take some time off ! It was fun to communicate with people i had regulars all the time that would request me as there server by name ..
Pros
No Free Lunch Paid For Yourself
It was a good place to work
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYDecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working here the manger was very fair and always treated everyone as an equal. It was definitely a team effort every work day. Employees were always nice and respectful
Pros
Great teamwork and leadership
Cons
Low pay
customers
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 11, 2018
The day consists of greeting customers and taking orders. making sure customers had everything in a timely manner keeping them happy.The job was easy iam good with people.
fast-paced and busy
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 21, 2018
I liked working at frischs because we had the car show and I made a bunch of money that day. That job was beneficial for my costumer service skills. I learned patience and the value of a dollar.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough breaks
Fast pace and keeps you on your toes with guest too
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHAugust 15, 2018
Working with rude guest, messing up orders or drinks for your guest. Every day was a different task because you never know what your guest bring to the table. The job only got comlicated when things start going wrong around you but the job was never impossible or to overwhelming.
Pros
Good food, great co-workers
Cons
Hours, cleaning, and sometimes pay
server and host
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Fort Mitchell, KYAugust 1, 2018
waiting tables cleaning tables and also greeted the customers. prepped the salad bar. Closed down the restaurant. the hardest part of the job was being supportive to all of the customer's needs.
Very little benefits very fast paced work enviroment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 1, 2018
The benefits are not a great incentive to stay employed here. The servers have a lot of responsibility within the dining area at any given time. Which makes it a very fast paced job with a lot of stress attached. The management very seldom comes to aid the servers, they are most often in the kitchen or drive thru giving aide.
Pros
40% off of your meal each day
Cons
The benefits are not very good
The employees seemed to really value one another and you could tell that they cared in spite of the fast-paced environement.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, OHJuly 3, 2018
Sometimes the employees did not work together as a team. They guarded their posts fiercely at times.

Other times it was not clear who was in charge in management.
Pros
There was always enough ingredients to do the job sufficiently. Ordering was a plus.
Cons
Wasn't allowed to take breaks at times. No benefits offered to part-time employees.
Fast paced
Server/Host/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 20, 2018
Unless you are taking a break to smoke, you will not be able to stand around. Management was rude and unprofessional. You are not likely to make a livable wage, but it’s not a bad job for a student or somebody looking for part-time.
Poor management and rude coworkers
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work consists of waiting tables, cleaning tables, washing dishes, cutting pies, cleaning, and more. I learned that not everyone is kind. The management never addressed the issues I had with other workers such as throwing things, stealing tips, stealing tables, etc. The hardest part of the job was flipping the fudge. The most enjoyable part was eating the pie.
Pros
pie
Cons
Long hours, poor management
very friendly and fast paced
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 29, 2018
I loved the job great money great food if you like serving its a great job environment to be in and to meet nice outgoing people and learn a lot and how to be more stable
my review
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2018
i only worked there for 4 years.was transferred to a store that was far for me to go.i really liked the job but the pay was very low.the management was fine.i learned alot about waiting tables T he only hard part about the job was being on my feet all day but i survived,it was nice i met a lot of nice people and becames good friends with a few of them.The benefits there were not so good.
Pros
i could make a little bit of tips which helped out some
Cons
no benefits
Pleasant place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Pleasant, busy place to work. Interfaced with customers and other servers. My positions at the restaurant included hosting, taking orders and serving.
poor workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHNovember 26, 2017
i didn't think that i was treated fairly when i worked at frichs. i think that i was bullied and i got called names a lot. the managment and hours were not good. i would give it a bad review,
Pros
discount food
Cons
mean people, short breaks
Frisch's Big Boy
Host/server (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHNovember 9, 2017
This was my first ever job, and I liked that my managers and coworkers, for the most part, were willing to help to ensure our guests' satisfaction. It was, at times, very busy and stressful, especially with a constant influx of new employees, but it also could be lucrative and personally rewarding.
Pros
Lunch breaks for shifts over 8 hrs
Cons
Very little full-time opportunity
Relaxed and fun
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bethel, OHOctober 4, 2017
Typical day would include seeing new faces and preparing orders. I learned to handle money and to multi-task. Management was always changing. The workplace was always new and fun to work with. Hardest part was rude customers. And the most enjoyable part was seeing new people and to create more memories.
Very Family Oriented
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Cold Spring, KYAugust 1, 2017
Frisch's is a family friendly restaurant with a welcoming environment and is a place that focuses on giving the guests a great experience as well as focusing on the importance of hospitality.
Pros
Inviting and hospitible
Productive, fun, organized work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Madison, INJuly 25, 2017
Wonderful place, speaking as employee and customer. Enjoyable experience, food, customer service. Well trained and always made to feel comfortable in the work place.
This place sucks. Dont work for them
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 22, 2017
This place sucks to work for. They're all rude and management doesn't give a single shot about how you feel. They will work you like a dog and get onto you when you do something little but not get onto the other servers who are just standing around. Pay sucks. 2.50 an hour plus tips. First off, most of the servers you work with will steal every table you get through the door and you'll get in trouble for mentioning it. Second off, roaches and stupid people
Pros
Cons
Pay. People you work with. Management.
Waitress, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHSeptember 20, 2016
Always had a good time at work, even when things were going slow, and we didn't have a lot of business. We all had fun together. We made the best of it together. We always called each other "The BigBoy Family."
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Didn't have any benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frischs Big Boy. Our community is ready to answer.