Frischs Big Boy Employee Reviews for Server

Poor management, stressful working environment, hostile co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 16, 2019
Management had no authority, always short staffed, certain co-workers were known to harass other employees during work hours and on the floor yet they were never reprimanded for doing so. Very few experienced serving staff on night shift. No sense of collaboration between serving staff. Would not recommend as a place to work.
I enjoyed it, until they brought in new management whom didnt have a clue what they were doing
Server (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYApril 3, 2019
I had a good experience at frischs, I did my work and did it well. I enjoyed working with my coworkers there! We all got along great and had no problems with one another. The most difficult part about the job was closing at night and being so tired from being on your feet all day. The management was great until they hired new managers who didnt have a clue what they were doing. I would walk in and serve the guests after clocking in and taking their orders. By the time they were done eating and having everything they needed to enjoy their meal, they would leave, thank me and leave me a wonderful tip on the table.
Pros
Being friendly, joking around with coworkers, eating delicious food
Cons
Shorts breaks, closing until 1 or 2 almost every night, having guests who were rude but had to be friendly and take care of the situation, it was very unorganized
loved my customers
Server (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYApril 3, 2019
i enjoyed seeing all my reg ppl getting to see how they have been
I liked most of the ppl I worked with.
the hardest thing is being on my feet all the time
Cant keep people
Server (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 15, 2019
Everytime they get good people they leave. Not bad place to work but needs help. Times for business can be good and busy than following week dead. Need good people to stay
Good company store
Server (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMarch 13, 2019
This store is a very steady company store, due to location next to Lancaster Mall. Clean store. Recipes are followed and most are recognized by their achievements.
enjoyable
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2019
i liked it because i was able to meet new people just about every day. there was always something new happening or going on and it was kind of exciting to me. they worked with my hours for the most part and i enjoyed just about everyone i worked with.
Server (Former Employee) –  Latonia, KYJanuary 22, 2019
Great people and real good tips But the staff did not work well together. I learnt that this was very challenging for me because I was not used too working with other staff that do not work together. when their job was done they were gone and didn't ask if anyone else needed help.
Pros
discount
Fun, inclusive workplace that builds work ethic.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Good temporary job to start out as a server. Many opportunities to try different positions (Drive-thru, kitchen, dishwasher, etc.). Great community feel within the workplace.
Ok
Server (Current Employee) –  West Union, OHJanuary 11, 2019
Not a bad place to work. But the family owned ones are much different than corporate! I enjoy being a server and it’s fast pace! Being a server definitely isn’t for everyone.
The job was stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2019
It was a perfect first job for me. They were flexible with my schedule for most of the time. There was some management issues but they tried their best with what they had.
good place
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 29, 2018
its a good pla ce to work beginning as a server. good teamwork and good management and you can train and work in different areas instead of just one. clean plavce.
Pros
seat the door yourself so you get more tables
Cons
not very much business
Paid the bills
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INDecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working through high school as it paid the few bills I had and gas money. I worked with some friends which made it easier but always had to stay late for cleanin
work becomes life
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INDecember 27, 2018
The management is not the best, and the schedule is crazy. I would not recommend working here, the schedule is far too hectic and they are always shortstaffed. The hours are long and it is truly exhausting work.
I love working at Frisch's
Server (Current Employee) –  Independence, KYDecember 18, 2018
Frisch's is great I love working with people and I like serving people. I enjoy working with my coworkers. In a typical day I wait on all tables in my section.
Reliable hours, great buisness, fun fast paced job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Colerain, OHDecember 3, 2018
I loved working at Frischs Big Boy, it can be good pay but hard to live off of as an adult, it would be good for a teenager or younger adult who doesnt live on their own.
Pros
Tips
Overall a good place to work.
Server/Waitress, etc. (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, OH 45157November 24, 2018
I was surprised by the individuality of each employee that was working on the floor at one time.

Each employee has their individual jobs and I struggled with that because I wanted to help out everywhere even though I was being paid for my work. It frustrated the other employees.

What I learned was that each person/employee has their own positions so that the company, as a whole, can best serve the customers to be the most effective.

The management was really effective.

The culture, at times, was juvenile somewhat.

The hardest part of the job, for me, was standing on my feet for a long period of time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of a team, serving the customers, seeing the "regulars", learning the history behind Frisch's and the overall energy in the atmosphere especially at busy times.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Didn't get many breaks.
not reccomended
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 23, 2018
Management was very poor overall, not concerned about anyone but them selves alone, shift leader makes our schedule to our availability and management changes it with no concern, stressful environment, felony friendly and people with criminal records workplace, which is one of many reasons id like to leave.
server
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KY 40475November 12, 2018
I started when I was 14 as a host working weekends, moved my way up to doing everything but being a boss, everyone is like family if something needs done or a co worker needs help you help.
Pros
far
Cons
not always busy
Good clean space
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 11, 2018
Good environment and good people good organization everything was always cleans I appreciated the time everyone spent trying to make the restaurant a better place
Pros
Good timing
Cons
Communication
I was a server
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 26, 2018
I feel like this would help me i live down the street walking distince i will show up every day be on time i quit frisches because the employees we slacking i need somthing i can stay fouces and
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frischs Big Boy. Our community is ready to answer.