Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

great customer service rep
Sales Accounting, CSR (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 20, 2018
the job was fine, talked alot to the drivers, wanted to get more into accounting, they did have many diversity groups which was a place, you can never say you didn't belong there
Pros
employee appreication
Cons
not much growth, hard to move up
Loved it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJuly 20, 2018
I loved everything I did with Frito Lay and spent 17 years doing it. I was the longest working merchandiser at the time. I worked at least 3 different cities at one point and time; Philadelphia, Newton and Forest. The only drawback was it took years to be paid for travel but that was only from 1 store to the next and I was just using my own vehicle not a company vehicle. I was never in the same store at exactly the same time every week so that helped it be not so mundane. Overall I did love working for Frito Lay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No healthcare or benefits for merchandisers
Big Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Buttonwillow, CAJuly 20, 2018
Big company with a lot of advancement, stressful at times. Good pay and benefits if you wait it out and get full time, which can take years. Very worth it if you can afford the wait for full time.
Pros
Advacement, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Rapid change of management.
Mismanaged Company
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INJuly 20, 2018
Very mismanaged and corrupt place to work that puts you through unnecessary stress and grief.Not recommended highly by me for they worry about their numbers more than the people that put out them numbers.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2018
The start of a day as merchandiser at Frito Lay was early working with one more person at a fast pace trying to set up and fill all the shelves before the store we were at would open. Then I would on my own car drive to another store and take care of my section independently and later I would go to the third store for the same. Some days I would have to rearrange or put out new product to make everything look perfect. Hardest part of the job is too make sure everything gets done with in the 8 hours, there are days when the work load was bigger than others, but at the same time I like the challenge and enjoyed working on my own and being in charge of my section. It made me feel capable.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good coworkers.
Cons
not really
Great place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INJuly 19, 2018
It was a very fast paced place to work, but worthwhile. The managers seem to care about the employees. Most employees were nice and friendly. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
They rewarded their employees.
Cons
Bad management and upredictable schedule
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 19, 2018
Basically in a nut shell we worked 84 hours a week for months in a building that collected heat without ventilation, followed by months of not knowing what hours you'd work more than 2-3 days out in a building that was freezing cold because they wouldn't turn the heat on no matter how much we complained until the regional VP or somebody like that showed up. Then it would be on for a week. The overall environment was very negative due to the lack of common sense by the management group in charge of the warehouse.
Pros
The Coworkers were great! They made the place.
Cons
Managers
Okay but could be better
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 19, 2018
the OTR Drivers are separated from the actual company network.
almost as if it was a separate small company dying to survive.
even the pay structure is ancient and confusing.
the mechanics are great. the scheduling department in out of touch and need help with understanding routing and time decisions. overall good job, but just a job . it could be a career if you give up 10 years to it. the labor doesn't equal the pay when you consider the cost saving of drivers acting as lumpers. you take home sum change but you deserve way more of the pie.
Pros
Mechanics and good people
Cons
a few seniors that feel entitlement.
Faced paced environment. Always driving sales
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Colby ksJuly 19, 2018
Can be stressful at times. Great people to work with. Always on your feet constantly moving product. Provide great customer service while mainting a positive attitide.
ok gret pay for raising family
Site Expert Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brewster, OHJuly 19, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about Frito-Lay I just wanted a new life so I left. I wanted to move out of role of hourly and did not see that opportunity opening up for me
Pros
Great wages
Cons
too much politics instaed of collaboration
Like you had own business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
Enjoyed all aspects of job,the job was challenging and rewarding .needed to be home for wife’s medical at the timewould definitely recommend this work to anyone who wants a rewarding career
Pros
Freedom
Route Sales Representitive
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
Frito Lay no longer pays based on a base pay with commission. They have a base pay and then a period they call true up which is usually your best check if you meet the sales go set forth by the company.
Pros
No longer give commision
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Associate I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2018
Love this company. They offer everything that u need in a company. Always making sure u had what u need to get the job done. Always making sure that u as a person was good and asking u is they anything we could do better to help the company
Pros
We had cookouts and gave out bonous
Cons
None that i can think of
Don't do it.
RSA (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 19, 2018
Worse job I've ever had,12 plus hrs everyday never home and when your home to tired to do anything but rest.Management sucks no help from them.Trucks always late getting your chips to you which makes your day go from 12 plus hrs a day to 16 or more.Pay is ok but not what it should be for what you do everyday. Have to be a rocket scientists to figure out you pay check, and no manager can explain it to you either.Go drive a truck better pay less hrs home more.
Pros
Free chips
Cons
No life after work, cutthroat employees.
ok place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJuly 19, 2018
good company to work for great benefits management was ok at times, a typical day consist of steady work flow always busy and overall easy to do most enjoyable time is working at your space
productive
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2018
The hardest part of the job during the simultaneous change over in every department especially of wet change over. Because for wet change over for simultaneously or consecutive change over sometimes we don't have a break in order to finish the job
productive
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 18, 2018
good place to work but not enough hours for part timers, we all have bills to pay and 30 hours a week wont be enough to pay those bills, its a good job if you have a second job to rely on
very fast pace.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2018
Frito lay was a very fast paced job. The pay was Awesome!! the people was Great also, management could have done much better when it came to the employees but overall it was a good job.
Pros
the pay is Great
Cons
the job is a high command job.
Long Hours, Your on your own
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJuly 18, 2018
Start time is generally very early ranging from 12am- 4am depending on the route that you run. Got to make sure that your load is secure because warehouse workers do a very poor job at strapping the carts/pallets. Your duties are being a Salesman (writing orders for the stores and executing plan), Driving and delivering using a commercial vehicle ranging from a Sprinter to a Bulk Truck, and Merchandising and dealing with customers. Its a very stressful job around the holidays , plan is ridiculously high and you would have very high volume of product going in. Management is okay they are somewhat fair but they are always running down routes due to being short staffed or people calling off . I feel like i am being very underpaid at the moment for how much blood sweat and tears i shed. The stress level is beyond the roof because of how drastically your lifestyle changes! Having to go to bed while the sun is still up is very difficult. Very long hours and you have to deal with a lot of unhappy accounts. I wouldn't recommend this job for a person that is mentally incapable of dealing with this, the work life balance is very poor!
Pretty much your all on your own left to fend for yourself .
Benefits
Cons
14 hour shifts, No breaks, Left for dead, Work/Life Balance
good physical shape
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 17, 2018
fast pace work non stop selecting job not for everyone hot working environment have to be in good shape and able to work on your feet 8 hours plus... good physical shape

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight