Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 4,015 reviews matching the search See all 4,310 reviews
Zone Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Fresno CaMarch 25, 2019
I spent 35 years with Frito Lay. This is a great place to work and have a career. I still have family members who work there and would strongly encourage others to work here.
Pros
Training
Great company
Sanitor/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 25, 2019
Great company the employees, supervisors, and benefits where all great. Fantastic company to work for. I had great team members. Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Paid time off
No one seems happy
Route Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 24, 2019
Company is in a transition period... the “old” school mentally employees are fading out but the ones currently there have terrible attitudes because the new contract is going to cause them to take a pay cut.
Cons
Terrible hours.. long DAYS!
Sales Asst Zone Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 24, 2019
Productive, all ways changing, fast pace, career growth if willing to relocate, customer building, team building, good benefits, paid vacation, paid sick days
Pros
Learning. Growth
Cons
Stressful
high target, having to physical work more for less compensation
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 24, 2019
in a typical day at work, i have to visit ten customers including small grocery and supermarket, organize the gondola or rack, make sure the store are on planogram, deliver the product, collect cash from customer, responsible for inventory, bringing back the cardboard, and loading the truck for the following day.
Pros
control your time
Cons
high target, having to physical work more for less compensation
Worst Place I have ever worked for
WAREHOUSER (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIMarch 24, 2019
Frito Lay was by far the worst place I have ever worked for. They have relationships within management that are against company policy. Managers who fake their own time cards and take tons of on the clock smoke breaks that no one else gets. There is no consistency between employees "They only hold certain people accountable" that are obviously not favored in the work place. The managers forced us to work 20+ hours days and then threatened our jobs when we didn't do it fast enough. When it was brought to the attention of the management team that the handbook said that hourly employees were not expected to stay after 12 hours they denied it by saying "That's not right, were trying to run a business here! How would you expect us to get our work done?!" And as soon as it went through HR they decided to force all the warehousers to work 5 12 hour long days. They took away all the 4 day schedules (Which people had earned over working there for YEARS). They absolutely refuse to train women on the forklift or any heavy equipment. The bullying and harassment is non-stop. The gossip in this place is like NONE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Management has no clue what confidential information is, they gossip to certain employees on smoke breaks and then the next thing you know the whole warehouse knows within the first hour of the day. Some of the managers use Ccap to look up the new hires before they start and then spread all of your personal information around the warehouse before you even start. Vacation time is a joke, they'll take it away at the drop of a hat (The day before you are set to go  more... on vacation) even if you had it requested off 8 months prior. There are days you walk 25 miles and 20+ hours and you're expected to get up and do it 5 days in a row. They never shut down, even in terrible blizzards you're expected to be there and put your life at risk (even when the news says the roads are impassable). There is no AC, in winter they keep it at 55 degrees. So you're working at both extremes. You're expected to go in and outside no matter the weather, then end up being sick or have heatstroke the majority of the year. Employees have puked and passed out from these extremes. They don't allow you to drink bottled Gatorade outside. Only in the breakroom, but then are told you can't NOT hit your numbers so this only gives you the opportunity to drink on your two 15 minute breaks. There is no way to keep your water cold in the summer. They don't take harassment complaints seriously. When you start working there they basically tell you "Don't trust anyone" and "No one is your friend" and that is the best advice I could give anyone wanting to start a job there. This job was a nightmare and leaves many with PSTD from the horrible management, employees that bully others, and feeling like you have no life outside of this place.  less
Pros
Time passed quickly
Cons
No temputure control, 20+ hour long work days, no consistency, favoritism, sexism, and everything else.
Fast paced and tiring
Fryer Operator/packer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 24, 2019
Great coworkers, terrible management, poor work life balance, no advancement opportunities. The employees are really unappreciated their. You work every weekend unless you've been there 15 years you might get a Saturday off on graveyard shift.
Pros
Free chips
Cons
Short breaks. No pay raise. Management. Hot year round. Lots of gossip and drama
This company is Stable!!
On-Boarding Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2019
Work life balance is a constant juggling act, but when companies struggle Frito Lay thrives there is no lay off there. Front line employees can make over 100,000 a year but you will work for it.
Pros
Benefits and no limits to the amount of money you can make
Cons
Work life balnce
Rsa
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2019
I have been a RSA for a year. Worked for 2 different distribution centers and were about the same. Great job to have, but the hours are brutal. Very little chance to enjoy your days off because you will be back to work between midnight and 2.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Hours, very long days
Great Company
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMarch 23, 2019
They strive to make sure their employees have a balanced work/home life. Their benefits are amazing. There are always opportunities for advancement within the company. They treat their employees like family.
Pros
Free work gear, meals, rewards for hitting sales targets
Cons
No breaks, long hours
Processing Operator
Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 23, 2019
Great pay, but they did get every penny from you. I worked in a Union Plant, I never join the Union because I did not agree with Union. The employees that were in the Union, were favored more. I worked very hard to the point, I never had time for family. The last year I worked there, I moved further away. I was always on time, but because I moved, it was harder to be on schedule. I was never more than 5 minutes late, but after 3 times, you're out.
Pros
great pay
Cons
have no family life
RSR trainer
Two-time ring of honor recipient (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2019
I have been gone from that company eight years now and I still have nightmares of both large and small format routes
Dealing with receivers at Walmart was the worst H-E-B can be pretty bad but the small format people at the large chains were not so pleasant either then you got the pressure of hitting your sales targets and trying to implement promotions that the stores are not letting you get in but your supervisors are pushing you to get done
Horrible job would never want to be a salesman ever again people I know that still work there that I speak to wish they had a way out if they weren’t scared to leave
Be ready to wake up at 12 AM if you’re lucky 4 AM to get a good start on your route
Pros
Decent benefits huge company
Cons
Long hours treated like dirt by your customers
Not worth your sanity and health
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIMarch 22, 2019
Managers don't communicate with each-other and will scold you if you don't know the 'basics' that you were never taught. When there's an issue, nobody knows what will happen. Make sure you don't fall ill during flu season, you may get let go. You work until the work is done; a lot of overtime is required. It's five days a week, usually 13-14 hour days, although we've had plenty of 16's. I worked full-time in the beginning and went part-time. I was told that I would work 28 hours for part-time, and it's a position that you work three days a week. I was working 36+ hours a week, in three days time, for their so-called PT. The training is a joke. I found out a month and a half in that I should have been clocking into a different job code for the first ten minutes of my shift. They had me take a quiz before I started- it involved things that I had never worked with and didn't know the names of. I wish I would've failed it so I didn't have to experience working there.

I kept in contact with someone who was still there after I left. They told me they've recently had 20+ hour days. You still have to be on time for your next shift if you work the day after. There isn't a union.

It's a great job if you never want a social life and desire a sore body.
Pros
Insurance, 401k
Cons
60+ hour work weeks, poor management and training
Good pay if you ignore that you work a week and a half in each week.(60 hrs+ wkly) Don't plan to be in any family photos unless they come to your bin.
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lamar, ColoradoMarch 22, 2019
Typically my route consisted of TRYING to get my route done in the 14 hours daily that a DOT regulated employee can work. My family enjoyed the money but I rarely got to enjoy my family. I worked there for 20 years and ran my route like it was my own business. I loved my job and my customers. I had an issue with a new employee and was written up as well as the other employee who quit after his write up. He was there for maybe 10 months. When I fought my write up I was terminated and told "If you would have just shut up, this would have all gone away". I guess you aren't suppose to stand up for yourself with false accusations even if you have backed up documentation. Sour grapes, yep I've got them. This company is nothing like the company I started with 20 years ago. There use to be Christmas parties and award ceremonies that made you feel appreciated. Now there are just big numbers to meet and no backup support. They changed from paying commissions to a new structure of pay about a year ago that cost many long term employees $15,000.00 to $20,000.00 a year in their pay. Sure didn't change the amount of work they require, just doing it for a LOT LESS. Average work day I started at the bin at 5am and left there around 7-8pm each night. Overtime is paid at approximately $8.-$9. an hour so less than minimum wage but because of the benefits they offer they can get away with it, that also starts at 50 hours and not 40 hours I believe. 14 hours a work day plus an hour for breakfast and get showered for work, plus they want you to get 8 hours of sleep a night totals 23 hours  more... that left you 1 hour a day to eat supper and pass your family in the hallway heading for bed, oh and also drive to and from home to work and back. I usually managed on 4-5 hours of sleep so I could see my family and unwind a bit. Am I exhausted like I was when I worked for Frito? Nope, I'm to busy enjoying quality time with my family. It's true what they say about money not being everything. Be careful what you wish for and watch your back on this one because the only one who has your back is you.  less
Pros
Good benefits and decent pay if you only worked 40 hours
Cons
Ridiculous hours, no family life
They offered nothing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 22, 2019
I liked Frito Lay at first then upper management made a change on the ceo.
The new ceo gave false information about some company policies that is the reason I left
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Being to workat 4am and working 12 plus hours
Sales Represenatitve
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 22, 2019
Horrible, other than the pay, its horrible. Management has no respect for the workers. Schedule is always changing. No professionalism. Bad work conditions, even in a State of Emergency they had us going out. No regard for anyone's personal life. All they do is use and abuse their employees.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything. Management. Unprofessionalism. Gossip on the job. Drama. No work ethics.
Great job for people who love to travel, and don’t need to be home at a certain time
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Killingly, CTMarch 22, 2019
The hours changes every 90 days, one week your schedule could be 2pm-2am, 90 days later your schedule could be 12am-12pm.. you never really could get a good sleep pattern, and when you got into work , depending on your seniority, you could end up with a 20 hour run 700 mile round trip, that means every tine you head to work, bring a sleep over bag with you, because you might not be coming home after your shift. You could end up in a hotel in Maine, or New York, or Philadelphia for your 10 hours off.. great for single people, PepsiCo offers, stock purchase, so if you take out example 50$ a check, they will purchase shares of Pepsi for you at the lowest price, great 401k plan, allows you to pick individual stocks, 13 holidays, your birthday is a holiday, and union is good, on average I made 1400$ a week and when I did layovers I could take home between 1600-2000$ a week
Pros
Stock options, 401k, 1400$ a week average
Cons
Schedule changes every 90 days, your due back in work exactly 10 hours after you punch out
Former Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 21, 2019
Terrible company with bad management at all levels and underpaid for lots of hours! If you were running behind and didn’t tell supervisor you were written up! If you ask for help on busy dats forget it you are left to do it yourself and be the time you get home your burned out ! No life with this job !
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Pay, Hours and management
As a relief driver, you get shafted. Stales are your problem. It's also super hard on the knees.
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMarch 21, 2019
I worked for them during a transitional period, changing computer systems and alot of personal turn over due to corporate restructuring. There was a lot of negative attitude from the veterans because they were losing the most and being shafted the hardest. I wouldn't work for them again for double the wage.
Pros
Good relations with co-workers
Cons
Everything else.
Horrible company culture and working conditions
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2019
You are just a number at this company. Extremely long days, hard work, and nothing you do is ever good enough. No respect, no appreciation, and i would never recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight