Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Found 4,289 reviews matching the search See all 4,586 reviews
Company morally bankrupt.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2019
My best advice stay away from this company they only value profit not bottom line, to big to care about workers or your wellbeing . They steal money.
Pros
Cons
They suck the life from your body.
Poor management, no communication between managers
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2019
Management is terrible, poor communication and good luck getting paid for mileage. Management and Sales team treat the merchandiser poorly. Stay away from this place at all cost!
Great pay..poor management
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 15, 2019
They keep the worthless and push the workers to quit. Benefits are offered but don't cover much. HR will harrass you for doing right by going to them and make you out to be the bad person
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hr
Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 15, 2019
Plenty of work and hours to support a family on, pays well, job is steady, heavy lifting is involved, great benefits and plenty of room for advancement
Early work, busy work, work independently
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 14, 2019
It's not the best, especially if it's your main source of income. The hours are early. Start times are usually 4am or earlier. Sleep schedule, for me, changed dramatically in order to do the job. Not a lot of manager oversight. It's busy work, but it's independent work. The world of the grocery backroom is fun.
Always something to do
B Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 14, 2019
Fast paced. Weekly paychecks. Discounted chips and other Pepsico products in the company store. Most coworkers were super nice and helpful.

Massive backlog of work, but not enough staffing or overtime allowed to address it. As a B mechanic I got scolded for working too many hours. However, the A Mechanics seemed to have unlimited OT available, whether they were covering shifts or going to training.

Manager seemed smart, and nice enough, albeit non communicative and highly critical. I was shocked when he and his boss both approached me and asked me not to quit, after I put in my notice. I appreciated the gesture but already had my mind made up.

Company is short sighted not to promote experienced workers into management. They've filled several management roles with kids fresh out of college who don't really know what's going on. The disconnect there was pretty obvious.

The company offers a retirement pension, but there's not much incentive for me personally to make a career at this place if the company structure only allows me to advance one or two positions in 25 years without a degree.

Frito Lay WVC has its issues like any other workplace, but overall it's a good company that does many things right. Under different circumstances I might have stayed.
Stacking Chips
Bulk Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 13, 2019
A typical day is stacking boxes of chips on to carts, then loading the carts on to trucks. This is a very physical job. The pay is nice but you have to work for it. We all go home when everything is done. Could be 7 hours or could be 12.
It has potential
Merterial handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2019
It’s a great place to work but it can be a rollercoaster at times like any other job. The only bad things about the job is the work hours. You don’t have a family life, almost at all. And it’s during the day, so you don’t have anytime to do anything after you finish working. On average you work 10 hours a day.
Pros
Pay, benefits, Pto
Cons
Hours, stress
Packer (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 13, 2019
Overall, it was a fun, but albeit very stressful at time. It is a fast paced environment, but you're well compensated for it. Overall, I would recommend working at Frito Lay
If they like you great if it changes look out
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  LafayetteJune 12, 2019
Other comments have covered alot of the issues but primary ones are
-pay to performance is very abstract they say they will explaning it to you but it will never make since to you
- management only looks to cover for themselves after the fact when issues arrive rather then try and prevent them earlier on even if it means throwing other employees under the bus to clean up messes from employees that are careless doing their job.
- they say they try and give extensive training but will try to cut it short as often as possible.
-when hired in your asked if your willing to travel in the business zone occasionally however my last 10 months or so were spent travelling in the zone to other districts rather then the one I was hired in for so expect alot of travel and travel time added to your work hours
-long days that start early but it's never enough in the management's eyes minimum that is expected is a 50 hour work week and if you try and stay as close to that as possible your treated like your the scum of the world management sees it as if you don't work 60+ your not doing your job right.
-they try and make dot regulations the primary thing to be worried about since your driving dot complaint vehicles but if your traveling to diffrent districts your payed for the mileage of clocking in at your district office to your travel location often the nearest distribution center but the time traveling while on the clock they say doesn't count towards your dot hours however if your being payed for work you on work hours is how it should be.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 12, 2019
This is a very physically demanding job with long work hours. As per HR you are required to work your first 12 hours. Anything more than 12 hours are voluntary. Peak season is approximately May to January. Management varies depending on the district you are in. Some districts are better than others for management and team morale. Hardest part of the job is constantly being thrown under the bus by team members and repetitive work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the physical activity and working with an industry leader.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Doesn’t pay enough for bill also seasonal
Stocker/Picker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 12, 2019
They are not big on training at Frito-Lay!! When i worked the pay was 7.25 with little to no hours! Wouldn’t recommend to anyone who has to pay bills!!
Cons
great place if you love overtime
Machine operator/ packing/ warehouse work (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 12, 2019
nice place to work at with a lot of different positions available to move up through pay is pretty good for having no education level requirement higher than highschool. only cons is there is a buttload of forced overtime when theyre short and it can take quite a while to hire and train new people.
Stable with competetive pay
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 11, 2019
Pros-- Good strong company to work for with good Pepsi owned benefits.

Cons- Tough early morning hours to start,irregular hours , long days many over 10 hours or more , regular working on weekends and holidays . Consistent challenge to your work - life balance and family life.
Detailer
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Henry, TNJune 11, 2019
Replenishing stores of the Frito-Lay Product as well as supporting team members a couple days a week. Began early in the morning, finished mid morning to early afternoon.
Pros
Slightly flexible schedule
Cons
Few hours
Too Many Politics
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 11, 2019
If they like you, then you don't have to do much of anything. If they hate you they will try and get you out faster then you can blink. They don't care about the customers or employees what so ever. They literally restructure the way they do business every 18 months, which means your job could be the next job to go. Bottom line don't waste your time here.
Pros
free chips sometimes
Cons
long hours, 2 am starts, no support, lack of training, low standards
It was a fun and welcoming environment
Box repair man (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 11, 2019
It was fun. You got to pick you own hours and it was through my baseball team that many players got to have a job throughout the season and the summer.
Overall good job.. Lots of work to be done
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 11, 2019
Nice Pay, job just has lots of demands that has to be met. You already have a full days of work when you get there. so just hope a coworker does not call because your day will be twice as busy and long.
Different company after 17 years
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northeast, OhioJune 10, 2019
When I first started Frito-Lay things were great the company treated you like gold. About five years into my employment things changed and then 10 years into my employment things got bad within the last three years they've changes to Performance pay which to me is like stealing from me. They give us numbers that are unreachable so they can take money away from us it used to be if you kept your stores full and would get extra displays or incentives you would make extra money but now they include all these displays in with your pay so if you don't execute the displays your pay drops there are just stores it will not take displays so in this case I feel they steal from us because the numbers are unreachable and they know it. The way they calculate out your pay is ridiculous. There's not a single person with Frito-Lay where I work that can understand how to calculate out your paycheck you don't know if your getting screwed or overpaid I can guarantee you're not getting overpaid. The UDS route which is an up and down the street route used to have an average of 8 to $9,000 but now most UDS routes have a 11 to $12,000 average. So please think twice about coming to work here it may be great in the beginning because you will make more money then the average job but the hours are horrible to get your job done you have to work 50 to 55 hours this is the 40 hour work week is gone. It doesn't leave much time for a life.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pretty much everything now
Theres a lot required for the pay scale.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 9, 2019
The work environment has changed dramaticly in the last few years , a lot of employess have come and gone due to the change in pay structure and job duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Frito-Lay.

Powered by Comparably