Frito-Lay Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Found 74 reviews matching the search See all 4,694 reviews
Horrible
Casing Tech/ Production (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2019
HORRIBLE people there are nasty rude back stabbing. The money is the only reason why I'm still there. It is a prison camp HR is worthless as they just cover their own self. I complained all the time about dealing with my co workers lack of diversity nothing but black people. Im black nothing wrong with that but they are no other minorities that work on the production floor hence that's probably why there is so much conflict on the production floor. Overtime Overtime Overtime if you are low seniority you will be at the bottom of the list meaning you will be forced to work overtime majority through the week unless you are part-time or seasonal worker. Mean while the high seniority don't get forced to work over they continue to work the low seniority. Worst mistake I have made
Pros
money
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
PT Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2019
Very flexible hours. Great part time job. Great people to work with. Manager was great and assisted when needed. Pay was in line with other employers pay.
Pros
na
Cons
na
fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2019
employees was fun to be around...work was very easy and not hard to do...other than that, I had no issues or any problems working at Frito Lay as an employee
Loved this job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2019
Loved this job! I loved the environment and the people. My co workers were great and the managers were also. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in working for frito lay..
employee discount store
Boiler Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2019
rewarding, everyday was different, co-workers worked well together, the company looked after their employees by having dinners, cookouts, offering prizes during team building exercises.
Pros
good benefits and work environment
Cons
did not offer enough cross training
Lots of responsibity roles
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2019
no schedules time off forced overtime and on call . Your overall day require maintaining and operating change overs and being at least a 99.6 production rate
Pros
Pay
Cons
time off
Good pay and Benefits, BUT.........
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2019
when I first started at frito lays. During three weeks of training I was pressured to succeed at production expectations causing health problems due to the fast paced production that I was not accustomed too. But all the company could think about was me getting my production numbers. Although the pay and benefits are good. The work load take away from the benefits. You can’t enjoy any time off because there is always forced overtime and you’re penalized if you turn it down. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone unless you’re fit and don’t have anything to do with your life but work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, forced overtime
Productive. fast pace
Casing Tech/Autonomous Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NY/Charlotte NCDecember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Frito-Lay. If it wasn't for health issues, I would have retired from there..15 years with the company, Fast pace, co-workers like family. Started out at the Kirkwood Plant and Finished at the Charlotte Plant. Started out as a Packer, and finished out my career doing 3.5 Autonomous Maintenance. The only downfall, is when working with FUN FOODS, it makes it hard to go and purchase at the store, since you work with and smell the product almost everyday.
Pros
Resources not afraid to work side by side with ya....
Cons
breaks not nearly long enough
First in market
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC Columbia SC Myrtle Beach SCNovember 27, 2018
Frito Lay was an excellent company to work for. Hard work but decent pay. Had several CEO changes during my tenure so focus changed. Management did not acknowledge competition which hurt them nationally. I was able to maintain market share in my District.
Pros
Well known product
Cons
Company didn't acknowledge competition
Fun and well organized.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2018
Packaging required a lot of paying attention to due to having to work with the PAL machines, which put the chips into the bags and distributed them into the boxes. Also having to make sure that all the labels to the boxes so that there will not be a mix-up on products being shipped out.
Pros
Had a lot of people to help learn what to do with the position on the machines.
Cons
Not many cons to the postion.
All about the money
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
I worked here for a whole year and made about $90,000. I didn't know when I was going to be off. I couldn't go out of town and plan anything because I had to go to sleep and wait to see if they were going to call me off. If they didn't call I had to go to work, even on my days off.

If you are single and you are trying to save up money then this is a good job for you. If you have a family, get use to never seeing them.

I was told I was going into management, but they changed up and put me as a machine operator.

You have to work 13 days in a row and they are forced to give you the 14th day off and you have to tell them it is your 14th day. They won't reminded you or nothing. If you miss it, you have to start all the way back over to get 1 day off.

The machines are broke down and old. They are held together by duck tape and bubble gum.

The lazy people are always put in the easiest spots. If you are a good worker, they will put you working on the worse machines everyday (If its your day off or not).

I left the job because I never saw or spent time with my 3 little ones.

I took a $30,000 cut because my family means more to me then that job.
Pros
Pay/Overtime
Cons
Work life balance
You are expected to be perfect all the time.
Over The Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2018
The job has unreal expectations, you are expected to be perfect all times and the one time you're not, they will write you up no matter how "minor" the incident.

The job is very physically demanding and requires a lot time away from you family. And how do they pay you back for the hard work? Write ups, write ups, write ups.

There's is not schedule, you pretty much work around the clock, do you make good money? Yes, but anyone working 70 hours per week will make pretty good money.

A lot of turn over, when I was hired, at least 10 other people were also hired and have since quit. Don't believe the hype, not a very good company to work for.
Pros
Pays Good due to long hours........
Cons
Where to start.........Policy, mgmt ect.
I enjoyed the job overall.
Forklift operator/yard jockey (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2018
Decent workplace and work environment. I really did enjoy this job. The shift managers where mostly understanding to real life situations. The pay was right on par for the area and the work.
Pros
Would occasionally provide lunches once or twice a week.
Cons
Upper management seemed a little disconected from the entry level employees
Good job with a low ceiling
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2018
Frito Lay pays well compared to other companies with similar jobs. The job does not offer a huge work/life balance for individuals with families but they are upfront when you are hired.
Pros
Work alone, good benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement/work life balance
Frito-Lay is a great work place.
Packer /PAL Operator/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273June 10, 2018
Frito-Lay was a good job to work at. I worked good hours. I just did not like how some body working right beside me could be getting 7 to 8 dollars more an hour. I guess thats the temp. (Kelly Services) and Frito-Lay working together on their business ideals. Its nothing personal to me.
Like I said The management was great, I didn't have a problem going to work, most people (employees) embraced me. I have nothing negative to say about them. The financial aspect just didn't sit well wit me. I will definitely take the job again if I can hired through the company.
Cons
Financial.
peak season May-September
Packing Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2018
Good Pay, alot of work during peak season if you want to work a lot and make a lot of money then this is the place for you peak season this between May and September
Pros
Pay, Hours
Cons
stress, no life balance unless you have a good schedule
Fast paced environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2018
There's a high level of expectation to perform well every day. The teams learn to work together to get things accomplished. Lots of new technology and automation.
I great place to grow!
Executive Sec (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2018
When I started off at Frito-Lay, I started in production. I later went to advance in other areas as opportunities became available. They offered training and great pay and benefits. Truly a great place to work with opportunity for growth.
Great Freedom & Flexible Workplace
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2018
Frito Lay was a wonderful company to work for because of all the flexability in work hours and training they gave me. I really enjoyed learning & doing new things in and around the differant Grocery/Retail Stores.
Very fast paced.
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 25, 2017
Monitor Process to ensure that it operates correctly. Perform quality checks, change out blades on the slicers every 30 minutes to ensure proper thickness. Perform seasoning checks every 30 minutes and set up and break down equipment for seasoning changes. Make sure that all PAEs and other process control sheets are filled out. The culture of the job can sometimes be very tense but for the most part everyone works well together. The hardest part of the job is doing all the change overs and the demanding schedules, plus lots of overtime.What I most enjoy about the job is the freedom to move around and not be confine to just one job.
Pros
Great benefit and salary
Cons
Too much forced overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Frito-Lay.

Powered by Comparably